• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well. Looks like they are gonna wait ‘till September to set out the precise first-party line up for Autumn/Winter. I don’t mind, I’ve got Sunbreak and Live A Live to play anyway. I was kinda looking forward to seeing the next Fire Emblem though.

Man, I'm just trying to figure out how we went from "No one is saying it isn't a General. No one is saying it is a Mini or a Partner" and "Expecting a good to solid show" to a Mini Partner in the span of 5 days.
I mean, depending on the content a Partner can still be a good show. It's not because it's going to be a Partner that it's a bad show, as an example I never liked a State of Play before the most recent one, that one was awesome

A Nintendo Direct Mini Partner Showcase, huh? I really thought that was a 2020 exclusive kinda thing. Oh well, at least a September showcase is nigh guaranteed (maybe). Jeff Grubb hearing piecemeal showcases may end up being right, if Nate’s post of a future showcase with a bigger emphasis on 1P stuff is later this summer (which I don’t doubt, I trust Nate)

Predictions time!

1P stuff will focus on updates for Strikers, MK8 DLC 2 reveal and date, Switch Sports Golf date and 2nd half of the 48 seasons thing MondoMega talked about earlier in this thread

3P
Primary showcase is Mario Rabbids 2 and getting a date, Tactics Ogre, Persona 3 & 4 (maybe 5), DQ Treasures, Batman Arkham, RDR2 if that rumor is true from the Spanish journalist that VGC had an article about this morning, maybe some indies

Those two games would finally give us a good Partner Direct. I know there were those with Monster Hunter and SMT but I don't like Monster Hunter and I've had SMTV since launch and have yet to play it
Same for me. Idc about Monster Hunter. I don’t like SMT. I love Persona and I can’t wait to see more of Mario + Rabbids

Thanks for the update Nate. For all the hate (no pun intended) you might get on social media sometimes, many of us here appreciate what you do. I’m still curious about what this presentation will bring, but please do keep us informed if you hear about the possible next big thing this summer.

I suppose a partner makes some sense, Nintendo had obligations to show of select 3rd party titles during a Direct in June, so here it is, similar reasoning as to why the first few summer partner showcases existed

Some of you really don't help the stereotype that Nintendo fans don't play third party games.
I wouldn't worry about it as Nintendo fans don't even play first party games either. Nintendo could come up and announce Ever Oasis 2, Pandora's Tower 2 and Starfy 6 and you'd see people saying "who cares, where's Zelda and Metroid?"

It always comes down to content. All those Sony State of Plays never got a great reception. Lots of people loathed third party focused ones until this last one. You finally got huge titles like Street Fighter and FFXVI

Man thats a fucking bummer. I understand the business realities, and if shit just isnt ready for show time than its not ready, but potentially having to wait until september to see more zelda definitely takes some of the wind out of my sales

I mean, depending on the content a Partner can still be a good show. It's not because it's going to be a Partner that it's a bad show, as an example I never liked a State of Play before the most recent one, that one was awesome
I mean... sure, it could be good, but you know for a fact 3rd parties don't have games of the magnitude of SF6, RE4Make or FF16 coming to Switch, so I can't really get all that excited.

Nintendos like:

willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory-willy-wonka.gif

and after flabbergasted people ask if this is a joke:

in-said-good-day-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory.gif

Welp.

Totally unexpected, and it's a bummer for me personally, who was really, really looking forward to a General/Mini.

What's weird about it is that there's still games for H2 to be dated I feel, so there's this strange possibility of something else dropping before September.

Regardless, the wait for the next batch of news - be it the next General or something else - just became a tad bit more gnarly, I'll admit to that.
But, ah.

I’m really curious as to what the thought process was behind bringing the Partner Showcase back was. There’s such a negative stigma surrounding them that they’re going to receive a negative reaction, regardless of how good it is.

I guess it could end up being branded a normal Mini and have a couple 1st party announcements, but I’m not gonna anticipate that.

At least the shock of it being a partner showcase is now instead of Nintendo shadow dropping it Tuesday morning, then MAYBE we can give it a fair shake

Why are people panicking? Fire Emblem is sure to be there. It's leaked fgs. I even suspect this whole Direct is just to reveal it, sprinkled with some third party stuff.

Don't tell me you don't care about Fire Emblem...

Why are people panicking? Fire Emblem is sure to be there. It's leaked fgs. I even suspect this whole Direct is just to reveal it, sprinkled with some third party stuff.

Nintendo’s propensity to sit on games means leaks aren’t indicative of when they plan to announce a game. All they show is that the game is nearly completed, not that it’s going to be officially announced anytime soon.

Partner Direct is fine with me though, obviously, not ideal. However, Nate said it’s a “mini”? Oof, if it is as short as the one with SMT5…
General Directs are usually bloated as hell, like Smash reveals, or Aonuma giving update to Zelda. Take them away and you got a mini.

This is most likely a Mini, not a Partner. Nintendo most likely decided to give Scarlet/Violet, Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3 their own Directs while saving this Directs for reveals only.

Well, I guess the Investor meeting will bring the biggest Nintendo news this week.
This is what's making me think this showcase has to have Mario + Rabbids 2 (it will, Nate confirmed it) and Bayonetta 3. Can't imagine Investors not being like "so eeeeh, what's up? Y'all got some first party announcements?" And Nintendo will probably say like "we will announce more in regards to are first party line up in due time" or something

Speaking for myself here, I’m not really interested in playing third party games on Switch. That’s what I’ve got a PS5 for. The Switch is for Nintendo games!
The Switch is for good games like Neon White and Shredder's Revenge that released recently. I'd rather play those, or other interesting titles (Stanley Parable etc) than some of Nintendo's offerings that launched in an unfinished state.

Here are all the games that were shown in each Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase

July 2020
  1. Cadence of Hyrule DLC/Physical Release
  2. Rogue Company
  3. WWE 2K Battlegrounds
  4. Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster
  5. Shin Megami Tensei V
August 2020
  1. Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory
  2. Fuser
  3. Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythmic Adventure Pack
  4. World of Tanks Blitz
  5. Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions
  6. Collection of SaGa Final Fantasy Legend
  7. Just Dance 2021
  8. Puyo Puyo Tetris 2
  9. Minecraft Dungeons: Creeping Winter DLC
  10. Jump Force Deluxe Edition
  11. Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions
  12. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Remastered Edition
September 2020
  1. Monster Hunter Rise
  2. Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
  3. Fitness Boxing 2: Rhythm & Exercise
  4. Disgaea 6: Defiance of Destiny
  5. Empire of Sin
  6. Sniper Elite 4
  7. The Long Dark
  8. PGA Tour 2K21
  9. Hades
  10. Balan Wonderworld
  11. Rune Factory 5
  12. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
October 2020
  1. Bravely Default II
  2. Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town
  3. Surviving the Aftermath
  4. Immortals Fenyx Rising
  5. Bakugan
  6. Griftlands
  7. Tropico 6
  8. Hitman III
  9. Control
  10. No More Heroes III + No More Heroes 1 & 2
  11. Part Time UFO
  12. Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity
Yeesh, those are worse than I remember. Thought the September and October shows were much better than that.

I would think you are setting setting yourself up for disappointment. It's a partner Direct after all. A new FE will surely be saved for a general.

I wouldn't worry about it as Nintendo fans don't even play first party games either. Nintendo could come up and announce Ever Oasis 2, Pandora's Tower 2 and Starfy 6 and you'd see people saying "who cares, where's Zelda and Metroid?"

There's definitely truth in that. How memorable a Nintendo Direct is for many people is largely determined by a select few franchises. Mario, Zelda, and Smash Bros. I don't even think reveals of Animal Crossing or Mario Kart games would be as hype for many hardcore Nintendo fans, even though those franchises appeal to a wider audience.
Speaking for myself here, I’m not really interested in playing third party games on Switch. That’s what I’ve got a PS5 for. The Switch is for Nintendo games!

I think that's fair but I'll just say the more narrow the focus of what you're looking for, the more disappointed with me. That goes for if you're someone who is only interested in Nintendo games or even only interested in specific Nintendo games. I do think it's a little unfair to the devs people just to ignore a Partner Direct outright, even though they don't fucking know what it's in it.

I mean we got Monster Hunter Rise announced at a partner. That was a pretty big deal. For the Switch, it certainly was a more important announcement than Metroid Dread. And it also happens to be one of the best games on the system. I think Monster Hunter Stories 2 was also there. Yeah I want to see Nintendo games as well. But if a Partner Direct can deliver some quality third party games, then that isn't the worst thing in the world.

Having just played AI The Somnium Files on Series S due to gamepass (great game btw everyone should play it), not having the Switch's portability drove me absolutely crazy, to the point I almost stopped the game >5 hours in to start over again on Switch. At the end of the day I got a series S to be a gamepass machine and it was perfect for that, but I'd buy the sequel on Switch even if the sequel was day 1 on gamepass. Portability is far more valuable for me then graphics.

Unsure. I've heard a few things that I have not yet been able to confirm but I'm thinking a first-party Direct may still come this summer. As to why they are spacing things out... who knows.
I am thinking we will get the usual September direct.

Ok I’m bowing out till something gets announced, I want to actually game this weekend
I can't believe you would post such a blatant lie

We're video game fans, we don't "play" video games, we just whine about them on the internet and watch others play them on Twitch and Youtube

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom