• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man.... if it really becoming true... our worst Enemy the "Nintendo Direct Mini - Partner Showcase"... i will then not understand why they would use this Format again.... for 2020 it was understandable at that Time but for now.... yikes.... something is going wrong at Nintendo imo...

Our collective vibe(s) today:

BruisedUniqueAsianlion-max-1mb.gif

Man.... if it really becoming true... our worst Enemy the "Nintendo Direct Mini - Partner Showcase"... i will then not understand why they would they use this Format again.... for 2020 it was understandable at that Time but for now.... yikes.... something is going wrong at Nintendo imo...
Partners don’t exist anymore however regular minies do

Real talk though I'd be okay with a mini or partner because Sparks of Hope can show up at either of those, and that's the only Switch game on my radar for the rest of this year so far.

I want to see BotW2 but I assume that isn't until September anyways.

Nintendo had the partner showcase in the height of the pandemic to fulfill existing third party marketing contracts. I don’t think they’ve been used since 2020.

Andy Robinson spreading FUD.

Didn't we have the same rollercoaster ride back in the ResetEra Time, when we anticipate a new Nintendo Direct and didn't know the format?

Ah. I see now.

He’s got info on Mario + Rabbids. But not Bayo 3. Meaning that’s why there’s confusion on the direct. Since Ubisoft is a partner in this case, and they publish their own game, Mario Rabbids.

I see now. Maybe that’s the info everyone has. Relates to Mario + Rabbids. No details on actual first party stuff developed and produce by Nintendo.

(I put 2 seconds thought into this. Don’t take seriously anyone lol)

Ok so the question is, would Nintendo show that in a General/Mini or a Partner?
Lol that’s the game I’ve been saying for awhile Nate probably got updates on. And that’s the issue…it could fit all 3.

It’s got Mario and can fit a general. It’s technically a third party game so it fits a Partner Direct. It’s good enough to be in a Minu.

Nintendo sure likes to shit on their fans. Not having a proper direct in June would be fucking cruel.
How so, tbh it was unlikely anyway with the fact there was no E3 and that Zelda was probably going be the focus that has been delay out of Holiday 2022.

Im reading Nates posts and it seems like General still has a chance next week though. Right now im still in hype mode. If its Mini I will still be happy. If Partner, please no

Lol that’s the game I’ve been saying for awhile Nate probably got updates on. And that’s the issue…it could fit all 3.

It’s got Mario and can fit a general. It’s technically a third party game so it fits a Partner Direct. It’s good enough to be in a Minu.
It's just not fair, we have info but no answers.

Im surprised that Nate think the brand of the direct doesn’t matter if it’s end up being partner. I will kinda understand if it’s Mini but partner ? Come on

I am not saying we will get a Partners Direct, but I don't understand how that possibility is being dismissed with "those don't exist anymore".

I know the reception they got was not great, but knowing Nintendo, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they could bring them back from the dead.

And with Bayonetta 3, Mario + Rabbids 2, Tunic, Outer Wilds, Tactics Ogre, Silksong, and others looming, it could even be a great showing.

What the hell happened

This isn’t 2020, we should be past this shit. Nintendo must have stuff to show, so like, why

E3 being gone disrupted their plans THAT much? How the fuck does that work?

Im surprised that Nate think the brand of the direct doesn’t matter if it’s end up being partner. I will kinda understand if it’s Mini but partner ? Come on
Exactly. It's been around half a year since the last direct, and people want news about 1st party stuff. There are lots of rumored games, games we dont know about and updates to games coming/that are already out. The majority of people buy Nintendo consoles for 1st party content, so obviously that's what we want to see lol

I am not saying we will get a Partners Direct, but I don't understand how that possibility is being dismissed with "those don't exist anymore".

I know the reception they got was not great, but knowing Nintendo, I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they could bring them back from the dead.
Because partner Directs only existed because:
1. Nintendo were contractually obligated to show these games "in a direct"
2. Nintendo hadn't worked out how to make Directs in a WFH environment

Now, unless you think we aren't getting a general direct until like October and Nintendo forgot how to make Directs again, it's just not happening.

Because partner Directs only existed because:
1. Nintendo were contractually obligated to show these games "in a direct"
2. Nintendo hadn't worked out how to make Directs in a WFH environment
That's fair, but personally I don't think those two facts indicate Partner Directs cannot make a return at some point.

So what's the latest? Are we not so sure about a June Direct anymore?
Direct still in the cards from numerous insiders be it the 28th, 29th, etc.. The type of Direct be it Mini/Partners/General is what is the hot topic now after Nate and others saying there is a chance of it not being a regular 'General' Direct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom