• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes, we all hyped up this direct for ages and everything is pointing to a partner direct or something just as ''boring''. I just want some 1st party announcements, but apperantly Nintendo just wants to stay silent.. I actually had some faith for the direct next week but with all these people coming out and downplaying it, it's going to be very underwhelming for sure.

Who is ready for Wednesday for this banger?

link-dance.gif

So we are all in the fucking Partner-Showcase again, please stop and be patient for next week, I still highly doubt a Partner-Showcase, it would not make any sense doing a Partner.Showcase for Nintendo, that's my take.... and if it is going to be then yeah.... shit... let's wait for September then.

Alright I finding this place hard to follow atm, why all of a sudden people thinking its a partner or mini direct and other think its going be a main direct?
Basically, Nate said he would have to edit his predictions if it were not a General Direct. Then, a few hours ago, when asked if he thought he was going to have to edit the video, he said yes.

Alright I finding this place hard to follow atm, why all of a sudden people thinking its a partner or mini direct and other think its going be a main direct?
Cause no one knows what kind of presentation it is. It’s at an odd time, end of the month and in the morning probably.

Partner Showcase is perfect for ATLUS to announce they have no plans of ever making Persona for Switch!

Will be neither just a 'Mini' or a 'Partner Showcase'

They have fused to become the ultimate form, the 'Nintendo Direct - Mini - Partner Showcase'. Tune in for 10 minutes of details regarding upcoming games from Nintendo Partners in the coming months of 2022
Don’t forget the, “will only contain information on previously announced games”

Nintendo should just do a 1st party direct and then a partner direct.

I feel like there is enough smoke for this direct to not be the normal general direct, but I'm not convinced it's purely partner.

Alright going throw soME truth bombs, if we are indeed getting a mini direct next without Bayonetta 3 or Fire Emblem I think its safe to say those aint coming this year and that Nintendo Line Up this year is a lock maybe 1 or 2 smaller/remaster titles to filled the void (Everybody's 1-2-Switch and Metroid Prime Remake).

The next Direct is on December 24th, Koizumi presenting in Santa hat. Miyamoto unpacking presents under the tree, one of these presents is Switch Pro, the second present is a Everybody's 1-2 Switch empty game case.

If we don't have any sort of 1st-party showcase before September, I would assume Fire Emblem and Bayonetta 3 are both 2023, and Prime HD should probably still come out this year. Yeesh.

This is why rumors/leaks suck. Everyone online that caught wind of this is fully expecting a big direct next week, and will be very pissed when that doesn't happen. I really wish ''leaks'' didn't come out about directs until the people were fully certain about what kind of ''direct'' it will be.

A Partner would be great, if it is a SE-DQ one confirming all.DQ games coming to Switch in 22-23 (DQX offline, DQ treasure, Dai, DQ3 2DHD)

With a DQ12 teaser
Yeah. I think there is enough from studios we don’t know about (officially at least) that could fill a decent smaller direct. Will also be great when no Atlus games are shown so the Perosna doomposting can continue in earnest

I still say there's not a chance in hell it's a Partner. Maybe its a Mini. Maybe its a Zelda Direct. Maybe its something completely new. But a Partner Direct just feels... off.

I don’t get why everyone is suddenly doubting, we literally had some of the most direct leaking out there when the IGN lady looked at her agenda for the Direct date. There is no way that they are doing a Mini or Partner Showcase because they do not do that anymore, in 2020 it basically undermined all of their announcements because they weren’t real Directs, you don’t need to have Youtube dislikes visible to figure out that those weren’t well received at all.

There is no reason for Nintendo to suddenly skip on announcing stuff during the summer like every other company. The only difference is that there is no E3 this year but point still stands. I don’t get entertaining this idea that they don’t have much to show besides Mario Kart 8 DLC, Bayo 3, 3-4 Switch and freaking remasters. It’s been four months since the last regular Direct. BOTW 2 is planned for spring 2023, when BOTW released in March 2017 it had this big showing at E3 2016. It’s not entitled or unreasonable to expect them to have a real trailer and title reveal already. They also need to show whatever games they will release during Q4 2022

With a Direct Mini being more likely, it's crazy that the lineup we already know is more likely actually all there's to it for this year

I just think after all is set and done, and we're halfway through next year, it will be known that Nintendo just delayed the release of multiple games to coincide with some new iteration or hardware

so so years in term of releases are the norm for Nintendo

I think this could be the first year I can remember where Nintendo's first half is superior to its second half

Will be neither just a 'Mini' or a 'Partner Showcase'

They have fused to become the ultimate form, the 'Nintendo Direct - Mini - Partner Showcase'. Tune in for 10 minutes of details regarding upcoming games from Nintendo Partners in the coming months of 2022

The the partner showcases were literally called "Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase."

The insiders info are all muddled because Nintendo will indeed presents a new PR concept:

The Shigeru Summer Game Fest

Part 1: a partner Direct, collaboration with EA about the future of microtransaction and loot box in the pikmin franchise.
Part 2: a Mini Direct with update about F-Zero: Captain Falcon's car tycoon and Star Fox Zero: remembrance of the Zero (remaster).
Part 3: a specific Direct about the upcoming Mario Movie, with 20 minutes of blooper
Part 4: a hardware Direct, presenting the new Switch advance +, foldable, doning two screen with stroboscopic 3d effect (Main menu theme "virtual boy" included)
Part 5: a general Direct, but presented and paced by Geoff Keighley
Voicing: Christ Pratt

This is why I'm glad to be both a Nintendo and Playstation gamer. Even if there is no exciting direct next week, we got GoW Ragnarok news coming.

I don’t get why everyone is suddenly doubting.
Because a few people are coming out saying they are not expecting this to be a normal big direct.

(Which i wish the leaker would specifiy from the start, or at least hold the information until they were (almost) certain)

This is why rumors/leaks suck. Everyone online that caught wind of this is fully expecting a big direct next week, and will be very pissed when that doesn't happen. I really wish ''leaks'' didn't come out about directs until the people were fully certain about what kind of ''direct'' it will be.
Leaks have become way too mainstream. They're supposed to be an inconsistent source only paid attention to by the most devout fans of an industry who recognize that they often don't pan out. Unfortunately, gamers are nerds and as such have become too aware.

I don’t get why everyone is suddenly doubting, we literally had some of the most direct leaking out there when the IGN lady looked at her agenda for the Direct date. There is no way that they are doing a Mini or Partner Showcase because they do not do that anymore, in 2020 it basically undermined all of their announcements because they weren’t real Directs, you don’t need to have Youtube dislikes visible to figure out that those weren’t well received at all.

There is no reason for Nintendo to suddenly skip on announcing stuff during the summer like every other company. The only difference is that there is no E3 this year but point still stands. I don’t get entertaining this idea that they don’t have much to show besides Mario Kart 8 DLC, Bayo 3, 3-4 Switch and freaking remasters. It’s been four months since the last regular Direct. BOTW 2 is planned for spring 2023, when BOTW released in March 2017 it had this big showing at E3 2016. It’s not entitled or unreasonable to expect them to have a real trailer and title reveal already. They also need to show whatever games they will release during Q4 2022
Minis still exist

Nate and others have started being open about the chance its not really a General larger Direct and could be more of a 'Mini'/'Partners' level Direct

So we could technically get the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters?
Yeah. I would wager a guess that square has a few things to bring to Switch and this would be a good time to announce. We already have the spoiled tactics ogre remaster, so probably want this stuff out in the open.

Basically, Nate said he would have to edit his predictions if it were not a General Direct. Then, a few hours ago, when asked if he thought he was going to have to edit the video, he said yes.
Ah got classic Nate got it. Tbh there really isnt need for a June direct we know what the big Nintendo holiday game this season which is Splatoon 3 and with Zelda delay makes sense to combine there June showcase with September showcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Back
Top Bottom