• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Direct is 100 percent not happening this week, however an announcement on Thursday or Friday for next week is certainly possible

I envy you. Being able to experience MP1 for the first time is one of the best experiences in gaming. I wish I could erase my memory and play it again for the first time.
I'm so ready. It's also one of my best friend's 2nd favorite game of all time so he's been hyping it up to me for years haha
anyone else remember "dark tombs"
Pepperidge Farm remembers

That was possibly the most LOL-worthy subtitle I've heard besides Yoshi's Flipping Island

I don't believe in anything BOTW 2 related to be shown this June Direct
Prime 1 HD whoever...

They went a whole year without showing it and it is releasing in less than a year.. Botw got a big trailer, title reveal and hours of gameplay at E3 2016 when it was releasing Spring 2017. I think we will have our first real trailer.

Isnt Nintendo taking their good while to announce their "E3" presentation? Normally we would of know by now, wouldnt we?
Normally we would, yeah, if there was gonna be an E3 with a big schedule to adhere to and multiple companies all rushing in to fill timeslots for the coordinated event.

But no E3 this year means Nintendo can do whatever.

Nintendo is not releasing games this year they are now a tractor company
As long as they keep the 50, 100 and 150cc mode and add a finish line at least I can imagine the remainder myself, farming simulator had a good run but there's no need for simulations anymore, there's new territory to be conquered one grain at a time now that Nintendo played its hand.

They went a whole year without showing it and it is releasing in less than a year.. Botw got a big trailer, title reveal and hours of gameplay at E3 2016 when it was releasing Spring 2017. I think we will have our first real trailer.
I think we are past assuming when this game will come out. Maybe it's likely to come next March or whatever but there's no point in assuming that.

But also comparing what Nintendo did in 2016 to what Nintendo could do now is pretty poor. They had nothing but BOTW at that time. Nothing whatsoever.

I'm still maintaining they will announce a pokemon presents tomorrow or Friday for next week and at the very latest they will announce it next week for the first week of June

Man I want some sort of new news, really hope we get that pokemon announcement. At least we'll get a GD or BE trailer for FEW2 on Friday. But really hoping for a pokemon direct or nintendo direct announcement asap

May 31st - June 16th I think is the main window for the next Nintendo Direct. While the June 14th-16th period is the traditional window, there are potential pros for going earlier, mainly being able to have Mario Strikers on a potential treehouse live segment and dating August, Sepetember, and October games earlier. June and July we are 100% set for and we have a big anchor game in September with Splatoon 3 (plus Trails From Zero!), but there’s likely a mix of announced and unannounced games to slot it, not to mention third party games.

Could a Direct come before or after that window? Yes on both, but any earlier might feel too soon to recent promotion (gotta keep people both engaged and hungry!) and any later I think might negatively impact August games with too short a turnaround.

Pokemon is a wild card. I could see a presentation as early as next week.

May 31st - June 16th I think is the main window for the next Nintendo Direct. While the June 14th-16th period is the traditional window, there are potential pros for going earlier, mainly being able to have Mario Strikers on a potential treehouse live segment and dating August, Sepetember, and October games earlier. June and July we are 100% set for and we have a big anchor game in September with Splatoon 3 (plus Trails From Zero!), but there’s likely a mix of announced and unannounced games to slot it, not to mention third party games.

Could a Direct come before or after that window? Yes on both, but any earlier might feel too soon to recent promotion (gotta keep people both engaged and hungry!) and any later I think might negatively impact August games with too short a turnaround.

Pokemon is a wild card. I could see a presentation as early as next week.
I think for Pokemon is almost guaranteed to be before whenever Nintendo holds their direct since Pokemon usually has a smaller follow up trailer at the direct and some sort of demo presence

Is there any chance that Nintendo doesn't have a June Direct out of respect for E3's decision to cancel the event? E3 has been around for 25 years, they must have some sort of relationship with Nintendo. If every company ends up having their own conference like they normally do, won't that mean that E3 is basically irrelevant for the future?

Is there any chance that Nintendo doesn't have a June Direct out of respect for E3's decision to cancel the event? E3 has been around for 25 years, they must have some sort of relationship with Nintendo. If every company ends up having their own conference like they normally do, won't that mean that E3 is basically irrelevant for the future?
I don't think that kind of sentiment has any place in business, if Nintendo or any other company would think that is the best time to advertise their games they most certainly will (unless they would delay an airing because of a disaster or other impactful event)

You know what is even most frustrated than not having any News ior clues for a Nintendo Direct?
Not even the Branches from nintendo of Switzerland knows when a June Direct could come.

What?

Due to Respect of the Cancelation of E3? Nobody reely needs the E3 or the ESA to do Showcases.

Oh for sure, Nintendo really dosent need to go in June as their calender this year is already packed. Only titles that have no exact date but slatted for 2022 is Bayonetta 3 and Advance Wars. They could just wait until September merge the June stuff into there tho probably Third Partys wanting Nintendo to do June showcase.

Oh for sure, Nintendo really dosent need to go in June as their calender this year is already packed. Only titles that have no exact date but slatted for 2022 is Bayonetta 3 and Advance Wars. They could just wait until September merge the June stuff into there tho probably Third Partys wanting Nintendo to do June showcase.
The only game nintendo has dated beyond July is Splatoon 3, there is no world they wait until September to have a Direct

They also need to announce MK DLC wave 2 and the next batch of N64 games for NSO. There's.no way there isn't a direct in June.

I was looking back in 2021, Nintendo announced the Date for their E3 2021 Direct plus Treehuse Live 2 Weeks before the Event, could this Year be the same or will it be like 2 Days before? What do you think?

I was looking back in 2021, Nintendo announced the Date for their E3 2021 Direct plus Treehuse Live 2 Weeks before the Event, could this Year be the same or will it be like 2 Days before? What do you think?

At this point, I think it depends on if they are working with Geoff's event. If they aren't (they probably won't) they can just announce their own thing on their own time a couple of days before like "normal."

If it’s an E3-tier Direct and it has a Treehouse Live segment, I can see them announcing it 2 weeks prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom