• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the screenshots really are from an older build as the leaker claims, why would Nintendo “sitting on the finished game” for a while have any relevance in this situation?
We gotten leaks for games that weren’t finish either. So it really doesn’t matter lol.

People will leak it if they want and can. Hopefully this leak doesn’t cause much headaches for the devs.

If the screenshots really are from an older build as the leaker claims, why would Nintendo “sitting on the finished game” for a while have any relevance in this situation?
Leakers couldn’t get the final game because they were sitting on it

like with their butts

Because if they released it months ago this would have not happened lol

(Not about this thread, just what I’ve been reading elsewhere)

I’m surprised at the amount of folks who still think “I don’t need another game of this series, Nintendo should work on this more dead series”. It’s rather laughable, IS is just managed very well to be able to consistently have a steady release plan. It’s also just hypocritical, cause if it’s a series they’ve enjoyed more, then this “issue” wouldn’t come up.

Just say you’re upset that you hate how consistent Fire Emblem is managed by IS and you wish other devs were like them. That’s what you actually want to say.
Fire Emblem was once a dead IP.
There is no need to kill Fire Emblem again to revive another IP.:giggle:

Lol right? Fire emblem doesn’t come at the expense of fzero. And FE deserves its time in the spotlight, it was a long battle for it to get there
Shit! How could I have forgotten new Advance Wars games! That’s how much that series has been dropped (not counting the remake). Was great when we would have the games swap releases since I was much more a fan of the AW games.

Shit! How could I have forgotten new Advance Wars games! That’s how much that series has been dropped (not counting the remake). Was great when we would have the games swap releases since I was much more a fan of the AW games.
wayforward has your back

and following this logic, is stabbing shante's

(Not about this thread, just what I’ve been reading elsewhere)

I’m surprised at the amount of folks who still think “I don’t need another game of this series, Nintendo should work on this more dead series”. It’s rather laughable, IS is just managed very well to be able to consistently have a steady release plan. It’s also just hypocritical, cause if it’s a series they’ve enjoyed more, then this “issue” wouldn’t come up.

Just say you’re upset that you hate how consistent Fire Emblem is managed by IS and you wish other devs were like them. That’s what you actually want to say.
It's also very unlikely they or Monolith Soft would be put on an F-Zero or something. lol

Edit: I'm talking about Monolith too, because I've seen someone complain about too much FE and XC outside the board.

Last edited:
new fire emblem screens not looking too hot but then again i was all snobby with the school elements before playing 3houses and ended up being my favorite part of the game. it just sucks to have to wait til the end of the month to have a direct tbh

wguL6vC_d.webp

Of course one could argue a fake leaker saying these are "early build" is just an excuse to cover for any errors in the images. At the same time I'm more willing to accept any weirdness in the images being a result of then not being the highest quality of an early build of a game that probably is pushing the Switches hardware to it's limits.

I feel like the people who played a ton of SMT5 are making the hair look more similar in their mind then it actually is. As someone who's copy of SMT5 is still in the shame pile it really don't look the same at all outside of the general "long hair".

Also if this is fake I imagine there'll be issues with the Chinese translation once someone fluent is able to look at them.
So I read Chinese. And while this is traditional Chinesr, i.e. for consumption in HK and Taiwan, it's similar enough. But the more complicated characters I can't read cause it's too blurry.

The dialogue is a simple "If [name] His/Her Excellency (大人) is still alive, presumably (we? They? Need context) are going to quickly (loose translation, maybe more like emphatically) allow His/Her Excellency in [the organization, group, army, we don't have context]. The text at the bottom of the screen where the character is just standing there just says "Current Time of Day: daytime (白天)"

The menu is what gets me. It is a legit menu that says a few normal things like special abilities, partners, map, storage, but the "partners (伙伴)" runs off the menu. It says more or less here you can check your--and then the description disappears. You can see it run off. It could easily just be a scrolling description.

The dialogue for me supports this is real, but not necessarily FE. Could be any local game, really, the dialogue is generic enough to be put anywhere. My two cents.

this idea that developing a game from A franchise kills the chance of getting a game from B franchise is always hilarious. Donkey Kong and Metroid are obviously the first that come to mind but i also saw Xeno fans saying that the development of prime 4 meant xeno 3 would be lower budget??????

This is more historic than the 2018 Mini Direct.

EDIT: Seems like Nate said something he should not have. Uh oh.
No, was a pretty benign comment. He just said he removed the tweet because he didn't want people to take it as him confirming something.

this idea that developing a game from A franchise kills the chance of getting a game from B franchise is always hilarious. Donkey Kong and Metroid are obviously the first that come to mind but i also saw Xeno fans saying that the development of prime 4 meant xeno 3 would be lower budget??????
Didn't Emily say that Nintendo has interest in another Golden Sun but doesn't want to take Camelot off the sports titles?

That's not to say there aren't options to get both... but... Nintendo has yet to take them.

Fire Emblem was once a dead IP.
There is no need to kill Fire Emblem again to revive another IP.:giggle:
I don't think FE was ever dead. It was on death's door for a minute there, but ever since it first showed up it got games fairly regularly. More than can be said for a lot of Nintendo franchises.

I had the displeasure of discovering those FE leaked pictures on ERA.

Their ability to fall into hyperbolic negativity over nothing would be impressive if it weren't so depressive.
You should try the reddit which is how I discovered. Atleast there is some optimism on era.

The game honestly doesn't look that bad outside of the funny looking hair. And it seems like just about everyone glossed over the fact that these are old screenshots

You should try the reddit which is how I discovered. Atleast there is some optimism on era.

The game honestly doesn't look that bad outside of the funny looking hair. And it seems like just about everyone glossed over the fact that these are old screenshots
ahh Fire Emblem Reddit. Where they also doom and gloom about 3 houses direction before released

Didn't Emily say that Nintendo has interest in another Golden Sun but doesn't want to take Camelot off the sports titles?

That's not to say there aren't options to get both... but... Nintendo has yet to take them.

I don't think FE was ever dead. It was on death's door for a minute there, but ever since it first showed up it got games fairly regularly. More than can be said for a lot of Nintendo franchises.
Never said anything about keeping Camelot on sports games. Just said Nintendo has a lot of love for Golden Sun still despite how many years have gone by.

I had the displeasure of discovering those FE leaked pictures on ERA.

Their ability to fall into hyperbolic negativity over nothing would be impressive if it weren't so depressive.
I’ll never understand the standards gamers have with visuals

It’s such a disconnect for me.

As someone who got into gaming really in the last decade, and caught up on what I missed with SNES, PS1, N64, and still found them all classics despite the visuals, it’s just crazy to me how people who actually HAVE been gaming since then care so much about it. You stomached it before and considered them classics!

Kind of a rant and may sound immature. But I really don’t know how else to express it. It’s bewildering to me and always will be. How only the latest and greatest is acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom