• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, yeah that's what that was. Do you think Nintendo would be okay with them posting concept art from an unannounced game on the internet where everyone could see it?
But then why would Monolith say they wanted to hire people experienced in action games? Maybe the game won't look like the art, but I would be surprised if they are making a new ip for switch 2 that's an action Rpg.

But then why would Monolith say they wanted to hire people experienced in action games? Maybe the game won't look like the art, but I would be surprised if they are making a new ip for switch 2 that's an action Rpg.
Zelda? I’m not saying they will make a Zelda spin-off but maybe Zelda is considered an action game by them?

They have been assisting with Breath of the wilds sequel. They'll likely be providing similar work on the next Zelda after it. And yeah, i would be surprised if they made a new action ip, seems like a want from people that don't like Xenoblade and want them to do something else. I remember when people would cite that recruiting art as them making an action rpg after Xenoblade 2 and look where we are now.

They have been assisting with Breath of the wilds sequel. They'll likely be providing similar work on the next Zelda after it. And yeah, i would be surprised if they made a new action ip, seems like a want from people that don't like Xenoblade and want them to do something else. I remember when people would cite that recruiting art as them making an action rpg after Xenoblade 2 and look where we are now.
Monolith Soft is Nintendo's biggest studio (outside of Nintendo EPD ofc) so people expect them to do more than just Xenoblade+support for EPD. I don't see them making an ARPG but I do think we will get something non-Xenoblade from them (even if is a smaller title between Xenoblade or Zelda releases)

you'll get it on the 29th, coincidentally that date is also the day the region countdown TPC has been doing reaches gen 9, which does not have a region name yet. Hence a direct trailer
Great news. I'm currently playing Arceus for the first time and it got me SO hype for gen9 lol. I can't wait to learn more.

POV: The 29th
FLMS6UiagAAPemk.jpg

If this would be a normal year we would be watching Treehouse Live right now :cry:

It's one of the games I wouldn't be surprised to see moved to 2023 on account of how little we have seen of it. But yeah, October seems solid. It gives Nintendo enough time to hype it up while leaving December empty for a bigger game, perhaps.
It’s not moving. It’s coming this year

The nerve!
Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot.

I think there was also at least one poster who predicted 28th/29th in this thread, ages back, and their post was the only one with a date prediction that Nate Yeah!ed. I forget the name, but I think it was someone with a skull kid avatar?
That would be me :) it was the 29th or 30th prediction since Nate ruled out the 15th on twitter and I thought back to the soonish/June-ish parallel. Good memory!

Last edited:
Tomorrow feels like the first day that Nintendo could somewhat feasibly announce the Direct w/ length, featured game(s), Treehouse or no, etc., though I'm still inclined to believe we'll get the announcement next Wednesday, which would also be a week from the Direct and allow Nate to still release the predictions video early.

Tomorrow feels like the first day that Nintendo could somewhat feasibly announce the Direct w/ length, featured game(s), Treehouse or no, etc., though I'm still inclined to believe we'll get the announcement next Wednesday, which would also be a week from the Direct and allow Nate to still release the predictions video early.
I’d put money on the announcement being next week.

Still to this day, I am so surprised that Soul Calibur 6 never came to Switch with Lucina as a guest character. Not a single Tekken ever came over either. Really big third-party omissions if you ask me.

But we did get God Eater 3 though! Thanks Bamco!

Too bad Bamco internal hates the Switch. Should have some form of Soul Caliber on switch by now. My favorite fighting series. Alas
I know we Fire Emblem fans are more than catered to, but I did want to see Fire Calibur/Soul Emblem: Soul Calibur gameplay with a Fire Emblem cast. I need Nintendo to be more proactive and get on with some non-Warriors spin-offs.
Zelda? I’m not saying they will make a Zelda spin-off but maybe Zelda is considered an action game by them?
When Monolith Soft hired for Zelda the advertisements flat out said it was for a Legend of Zelda project. Whatever the action hiring was for predates that and may not have led to anything; the company also reorganised after that action RPG hiring call.

I know we Fire Emblem fans are more than catered to, but I did want to see Fire Calibur/Soul Emblem: Soul Calibur gameplay with a Fire Emblem cast. I need Nintendo to be more proactive and get on with some non-Warriors spin-offs.
Weren't the Warrior games, KT idea? If I remember correctly after One Piece Warriors success KT used to pitch the idea of a Mario x Musous game but Nintendo choosed Zelda and after Zelda to make spin-offs but in the end they are the result of KT wanting to make Musous with Nintendo's IPs not Nintendo wanting to make Zelda/FE spin-offs

Considering Bandai Namco developed Ultimate and with how many Fire Emblem characters there are represented, as well a Sakurai being a huge FE fan. I am surprised that Sakurai never developed an FE Soul Calibur like game. I mean Sakurai even implemented the weapon triangle in smash sorta kinda in the spirits mode.

Gunning for the week of just because

Personally I’m not expecting any Treehouse this year. Guessing it’s gonna be a Tuesday announcement like usual on 6/28.

Yeah this is what I think, it will just be treated as a normal Direct would, announced the day before it airs with just the Direct and no Treehouse.

Monolith Soft is Nintendo's biggest studio (outside of Nintendo EPD ofc) so people expect them to do more than just Xenoblade+support for EPD. I don't see them making an ARPG but I do think we will get something non-Xenoblade from them (even if is a smaller title between Xenoblade or Zelda releases)
honestly, monolith's growth seems purely to assist in other stuff, so its kinda disappointing. Other studios's growth rate are much slower but i could see NLG for example having a second game team in the next years, difficult to say the same with monolith.

YO Sean Murray, based on the temperature outside I'd say it's officially "Summer" so chop-chop.

I guess to make this nonsense post relevant to the thread, I'll pose a question: Who thinks we'll get a trailer, release date, or shadow drop for No Man's Sky this direct?

The only way I see them not doing Treehouse is if they have additional game specific Directs queued up for the rest of the year. There's way too many games in the 2022 pipeline alone and they are spoiled for choice of things to do a day or two of 1-2 hour deep dive programming around. Go deep on Square-Enix's HD-2D titles, Pokemon S/V, Splat 3, XC 3, Mario + Rabbids 2, Fire Emblem, and so on. I'd much prefer Treehouse programming over a Direct simply because the format gives the games more room to breathe than a 20-40 minute focused video.

Plus they can always break the glass and pull out BotW 2 since we're now ~6 months out from the end of the Q1 2023 launch window.

You know I feel we haven’t had a good Nintendo leak/rumor in forever. I mean a really good one. Ninjas have been on the grind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom