• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought on the Silksong "exclusive"

Already saw some people claiming Nintendo lost the "exclusive" to Microsoft when we don't even have the full ideas of what going on.

Yeah, it could be, but it could also be a case of the Switch version getting released first then a few months later it got released on Xbox, it will also be included in GamePass - hence GamePass Day 1.

Are people seriously taking "on GamePass day one" as "exclusive to Xbox?"
Or am I misinterpreting something?

Probably announcement on the 21st and Direct the 22nd or 23rd

Aaah, what makes us assume that? I was honestly hoping next week for selfish reasons (I only work mon and tue next week, but the week after will be busy at work, so I could savor it more next week).

Seems like today is only announcing Persona on Xbox. Maybe Nintendo announces the Switch versions of P3P, P4G, and P5R at the Direct? Along with Goldeneye?

i hope :(

Seems like today is only announcing Persona on Xbox. Maybe Nintendo announces the Switch versions of P3P, P4G, and P5R at the Direct? Along with Goldeneye?
The PS4/PS5 versions of Persona 3 and 4 haven't been announced yet either. Maybe they'll be announced in a few hours? Microsoft probably just wanted the spotlight for a bit.

The PS4/PS5 versions of Persona 3 and 4 haven't been announced yet either. Maybe they'll be announced in a few hours? Microsoft probably just wanted the spotlight for a bit.
Humankind Switch version just leaked but the initial announcement didn't have Switch logo. Sega might be saving their Nintendo reveals for the Direct.

Aaah, what makes us assume that? I was honestly hoping next week for selfish reasons (I only work mon and tue next week, but the week after will be busy at work, so I could savor it more next week).
Nate debunked next week. 🙂 We could still get an announcement, though.

Humankind Switch version just leaked but the initial announcement didn't have Switch logo. Sega might be saving their Nintendo reveals for the Direct.
Maybe, but that doesn't explain the lack of PS4/PS5 announcements. Where are those?

Man... I watched that entire Xbox thingy just to see if Banjo and/or Persona would show up, and it just confirmed to me how much Xbox and the games it has and shows at these events (and most Western games in general, tbh) are NOT for me. Sheesh, I really abhor (most) Western games writing/dialogue/"humor" so so much lol.

Alright. For those who watched Microsoft’s presentation. What would Nintendo have to show for their direct to be better for you?

I would imagine that a fair few things will be either quietly announced as being "also on Switch" (since Xbox isn't going to show that in their own show), or that some of them will wait to be confirmed on Switch and get another trailer in the Direct. Which leaves a bit of an awkward couple weeks in between, but it is what it is.

Alright. For those who watched Microsoft’s presentation. What would Nintendo have to show for their direct to be better for you?
BOTW2 blowout (as big of one as Starfield got, more or less), more Silksong with a date, big Xenoblade 3 trailer, and new Fire Emblem reveal would do it for me. Lots of other stuff too, like FF pixel remasters, DQ3HD2D, Persona, etc.

Literally anything lol. Just a new mainline FE alone would make the Direct 112283664284824248174824 times better than any of this other bullshit (for me) tbh.

Pretty solid showing, Starfield, Persona on PC/Xbox and Minecraft Legends all look good.

Really just want that Goldeneye remaster, are they saving it for the direct?

I would imagine that a fair few things will be either quietly announced as being "also on Switch" (since Xbox isn't going to show that in their own show), or that some of them will wait to be confirmed on Switch and get another trailer in the Direct. Which leaves a bit of an awkward couple weeks in between, but it is what it is.
Just like last year. Life is Strange 3 and Guardians of the Galaxy didn't have Switch as one of platforms in the initial announcement, Switch versions revealed in the Direct a few weeks later.

There wasn't much that grabbed me, so pretty much any one new game announcement of interest me will make it better to me.

Not much really, it wasnt a banger show for me.

Diablo 4, OW2 and Silksongs are the game from this show that I will play and neither of those were new announcements.. so I guess a couple new game announcements would make it 'better' for me.

Man... I watched that entire Xbox thingy just to see if Banjo and/or Persona would show up, and it just confirmed to me how much Xbox and the games it has and shows at these events (and most Western games in general, tbh) are NOT for me. Sheesh, I really abhor (most) Western games writing/dialogue/"humor" so so much lol.
that arkane game they opened with looked like it had a pretty neat gameplay loop but the endless wisecracking voiceover was punishing and completely put me off the game

I like most things about the current Directs except the most important: Sometimes I wish for 1-2 more game reveals, especially for IPs that have been missing on Switch so far (M&L, DK, 2D Mario etc). Not a big fan of Splatoon, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade but I’m happy for their fans.

Well, in this Direct there will be at least 1 new EPD announcement, but I would bet on 2. So this is basically win already, everything else is just big bonus (Prime Remaster, Zelda info etc. etc.) There is only one Direct in history of Switch era that was basically the whole nothing and it is September 2019 Direct.

I thought Microsoft's show was fine but it's not going to take much for the Direct to be better for me. Release date and a closer look at Bayonetta 3. Maybe a better look and release date for Mario + Rabbids. One or two new game announcements (Fire Emblem?) for the tail end of the year would get it done.

Nintendo will probably announce the next set of NSO N64 games and Goldeneye there + the remake? Same with Persona in the direct.

I'd say a new game like Fire Emblem, the final Xenoblade 3 trailer and Metroid Prime Remake would be enough. If it has a generous BOTW2 gameplay video, it would be loads, loads better. But that's just me. Besides Persona, Starfield and a handful of other games, it wasn't such a good presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom