• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST2| Fami's Summer Gameguess

When will the next Direct air?

• It's going to be in May! cHaOs!

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • Patterns, man. 14th of June, 2022. The usual.

Votes: 211 81.8%
  • Nintendo will be weird again, early July.

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Nintendo's Twitter Direct's will be the norm, Septermber 2022.

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • Geoff the Summerman will add it to Summer Gamefest

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A general direct late in the month would be weird, isn't it always the first couple weeks of the month?
It was in September, in the second half. Since they are not tied to E3 this time they can do it whenever they want but still kinda weird because that would be so soon then for September Direct.

August is otherwise a great spot for a Zelda Direct to properly kick off marketing ahead of the September Direct.
Nah, August for Zelda Direct is too soon. I can imagine one later in the year and then more gameplay at TGA (not sure about this one since Nintendo is absent in recent years). But yeah they can do multiple BOTW2 Directs, but in general more gameplay would be enough, not sure how this fits into game specific Direct format tho.

I can't understand why Nintendo would wait till the end of June tho...
It will be too late to date games in August (so no August games?) and the direct will be too close to the September one.

The only reason I can think of is that they won't do a general direct in September then. Maybe they'll do a BotW2 direct instead...
With a late June direct they still have two months ish for a late August game to market it so if needed there would be enough time. Nintendo tends to avoid releasing games on August tho

Nah, August for Zelda Direct is too soon. I can imagine one later in the year and then more gameplay at TGA (not sure about this one since Nintendo is absent in recent years). But yeah they can do multiple BOTW2 Directs, but in general more gameplay would be enough, not sure how this fits into game specific Direct format tho.

Hm. I think that if it's not showing up now in this Direct, it's a definitive lock for September at the latest.

It happens if it happens, and when it happens, I'm just generally riffing on the idea of a Zelda Direct here. Toss in a segment for ports and Oracle remakes and I'm surfing in heaven. :)

Hm. I think that if it's not showing up now in this Direct, it's a definitive lock for September at the latest.

It happens if it happens, and when it happens, I'm just generally riffing on the idea of a Zelda Direct here. Toss in a segment for ports and Oracle remakes and I'm heavenly. :)
To be honest I will be really surprised if Zelda is absent in this June Direct. If they weren't ready to show anything they would not show 5 or so seconds of new footage. If anything I 100% believe that BOTW2 will be there and if not then I will be pretty disappointed.

I feel like the only groups who may have understood Nate's hints already are soon-ish/June-ish referring to nearly out of June, and the tradition (14th) but later (15th) crowd. So June 29/30 or June 15.

I feel like the only groups who may have understood Nate's hints already are soon-ish/June-ish referring to nearly out of June, and the tradition (14th) but later (15th) crowd. So June 29/30 or June 15.
Nearly out of June is out of the question, he said that the direct is in June a lot of times already

At least we know E3 is coming back next year, so we'll have that Direct lol
Anyway, Nintendo not appearing in Summer Game Fest partners list wasn't a good sign... Makes sense to delay the Direct and not try to compete this time with the Xbox / Geoff Keighley hype

At least we know E3 is coming back next year, so we'll have that Direct lol
Anyway, Nintendo not appearing in Summer Game Fest partners list wasn't a good sign... Makes sense to delay the Direct and not try to compete this time with the Xbox / Geoff Keighley hype
I think Nintendo generally just wants to focus on their directs. The last Game Awards didn‘t exactly have any big announcement from them and otherwise they seem less interested to participate in other events. I could even imagine that they follow Sony and skip E3 altogether.

Neon White at SGF oh no

he knew what he was doing there, he listed the other events being streamed next week and segwayed right to this saying "some news for Nintendo Switch fans"

ahahahahahha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the threadmarked staff post before posting about rumors or insiders. Do not beg insiders for reassurance or tag individuals asking for more hints. Snarky or mean-spirited responses will not be tolerated.

Back
Top Bottom