• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Direct: Partner Showcase on 2/21 at 6am PT/3 pm CET, 25 minutes, on-demand, focus on Switch games for h1 2024 (No Spoilers)

Will SEGA bring F-Zero GX Remastered to the Partner Showcase?

• Yes!

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • No.

Votes: 60 49.2%
  • Falcon Punch!

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • Shut up, MissingNo.!

Votes: 19 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The new monkey ball was the best part of the direct for me. I am unsure how I feel about the new designs yet the new AiAi looks way younger.

Some interesting stuff. Will try out some demos for sure. Most excited for the Rare games...even if I got bummed out realizing I can't play Blast Corps on my current subscription. RC Pro-Am is the shit. I'd wonder if that is a bad sign but the golden age of Rare is hard to top.

Pretty good showcase. Lots of what I consider "great stuff", but nothing that screams insta-buy for me personally. Ender Lilies spiritual sequel, Endless Ocean and Super Monkey Ball were highlights.

On, and Penny shadowdrop! Y'all better high-five @VolcanicDynamo now.

That was pretty neat, I'm looking forward to finally figuring out what Unicorn Overlord is about

And now we play... THE WAITING GAME (for first-party)

-Epic Mickey
-Monkey Ball (we’ll see…)
-PENNY SHADOWDROOOOOP
-Interested in SMTV now
-Endless Ocean (kinda stuttery but looks good)
-Pepper Grinder

Solid Partner for my blood.

Last edited:
Epic Mickey had a bad camera I think? I guess if that’s fixed I’ll get it
Yup, I was really excited for the game on Wii and enjoyed it as a kid despite the terrible camera. With a new coat of paint and a fixed camera, I could easily see myself copping it.

The Snufkin game looks perfect. Hopefully the gameplay is not too simple, although I can just play it with the kids if that's the case.

Wish I could like Penny. I find the visual style to be overwhelming. I'm sure the gameplay is good but I kind of get cross-eyed just looking at it.

The press release for Endless Ocean Luminous says it's out April 25th, even though it's out May 2nd.. maybe the Direct airs on the former?

And this is why I don't watch partner directs haha. I looked at the announcements afterwards and there is the grand total of 0 games that interest me haha.

done with the threads about the direct... there's some left like star wars and gundam but eh

Well, that's totally an end of life direct, and it could have been worse but this is going to be a looong year...

Classic Battlefront!!! There's no thread so I'll say it again - MFKN CLASSIC BATTLEFRONT!!!

Yeah, baby! Even in Pyoro's World, surprises and excitement still exist!

I've just watched it, and... yeah, I loved it. Great presentation all around.

Two (and a half) shadow drops that I'm into! I know I'll be spending my time on Penny and maybe multiplayer Suika Game. That's a good partner to me.

They did a mostly good job of sticking to the H1 2024 marketing. Oh, LEVEL-5, never change. I'm also glad to see a new Endless Ocean game and not a remake, and I hope (but will be cautious) about the first truly new Super Monkey Ball in ages.

With my low expectations I thought it was pretty good. Star Wars Battlefront Collection and Monkey Ball both great announcements, Fantasy Life release date is a little ways off but nice to have something concrete. Pepper Grinder looks fun. Penny and Pocket Jockey shadow drops both interest me, but I only just grabbed Balatro so they'll hit the wishlist for now. A few demoes to check out.

Nothing megaton but I wasn't expecting it. Lots to play for the next little while!

I'm surprised there were quite a few of you that liked this direct. Consider me one of them. Lots of stuff I'm interested in. Very good start to my morning.

A TON of games for 23-27 minutes depending on your region

Very solid partner direct. Excited for April. One last marketing push for endless ocean beg/mid April would be a good time for a direct. 2024 gonna be a good sendoff Switch year.

even though it wasn’t a general, Nintendo has some solid stuff. April is just one more shot for DQ3 too

A TON of games for 23-27 minutes depending on your region

Very solid partner direct. Excited for April. One last marketing push for endless ocean beg/mid April would be a good time for a direct. 2024 gonna be a good sendoff Switch year.

even though it wasn’t a general, Nintendo has some solid stuff. April is just one more shot for DQ3 too
I feel like DQ3 will be the Switch 2 SquareEnix launch window game.

Wish I could like Penny. I find the visual style to be overwhelming. I'm sure the gameplay is good but I kind of get cross-eyed just looking at it.
This. I felt like I was actually having a little trouble following the character in the trailer. Maybe better in game but the visual style is both good and bad lol. It looks good but also kinda conflicting. I don't know.
The new monkey ball was the best part of the direct for me. I am unsure how I feel about the new designs yet the new AiAi looks way younger.
The physics also looked good. I'm surprised, but not really, at no monkey target. Like imagine that with 16 players? I'm so lukewarm on the series after that remake a couple years ago.
I'm surprised there were quite a few of you that liked this direct. Consider me one of them. Lots of stuff I'm interested in. Very good start to my morning.
It was surprisingly good. Plenty of interesting games across a large swath of genres.

Looks like the japanese Direct had another JRPG?

Reyantis, developed by Furyu.
...and it looks good? FuRyu improving itself is great to see, I actually liked my time with CRYMACHINA.

Launching in July in Japan, I'm guessing NISA will bring it to west few months after that.

Looks like the japanese Direct had another JRPG?

Reyantis, developed by Furyu.

Nomura

82obmd.jpg

Pentiment's a really, really special game. One of those ones that you can tell had so much heart and care poured into it. (Also, it's developed by Obsidian, which they outta shout out more!) I'm excited that my friends who only have Switch will get to play it.

Pretty good stuff in there. About what I would expect from Nintendo Switch in its final year. Paper Mario and Luigis Mansion 2 are also coming and I saw a good few games in here that I’m interested in.

Back
Top Bottom