• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
So about Bayonetta 3.... it might get shown in this Direct Mini.... even if it is Published by Nintendo but get developed by Platinum Games.

Bravely Default 2 was shown in a Partner Direct in 2020... and guess what it was also Published by Nintendo but developed by Square Enix.

Can we all take a moment to appreciate how damn feasible it is to watch this Direct when we're all (presumably) awake? I mean, yeah, there's the 6:00 AM time for our folks on the Pacific coast, but otherwise, it's doable. We can all literally enjoy the Direct together, at least potentially.

No viewing the thing late in the night or – I don't know – 2:00 AM in the morning or something. I would rather do 6 in the morning than 11 or 12 at night, for example.
I normally wake up a little bit before 9AM and then just lay in bed for an hour until 10AM hits, so I always enjoy the 9AM directs because I am at my most relaxed.

So about Bayonetta 3.... it might get shown in this Direct Mini.... even if it is Published by Nintendo but get developed by Platinum Games.

Bravely Default 2 was shown in a Partner Direct in 2020... and guess what it was also Published by Nintendo but developed by Square Enix.
still waiting on Bayonetta 2 on PS4

Can we all take a moment to appreciate how damn feasible it is to watch this Direct when we're all (presumably) awake? I mean, yeah, there's the 6:00 AM time for our folks on the Pacific coast, but otherwise, it's doable. We can all literally enjoy the Direct together, at least potentially.

No viewing the thing late in the night or – I don't know – 2:00 AM in the morning or something. I would rather do 6 in the morning than 11 or 12 at night, for example.
this Direct is 3am local time for me...So either I sleep early wake up early to get ready for work a few hours later, get only 2 hours of sleep, or just watch it on my way to work turning off twitter notifications to be surprised

I'll probably choose the first option just because my line of work calls for me to work really early in the morning. Gives me a small bit more incentive to do so lol

The big difference is that Bayo 3 is co-owned by Nintendo with SEGA while they have no stake on Braverly Default 2

It's not impossible Bayo could get shown because that's a weird situation, but Nintendo publishes a lot of Square games outside Japan. Just covering publishing duties in part of the world doesn't really make it first-party. Nintendo actually owns the rights to Bayo 3, and they funded the creation of that game.

It's not impossible Bayo could get shown because that's a weird situation, but Nintendo publishes a lot of Square games outside Japan. Just covering publishing duties in part of the world doesn't really make it first-party. Nintendo actually owns the rights to Bayo 3, and they funded the creation of that game.
BUT WONDERFUL 101!!11!!

/s

Bayonetta 3 is published by Nintendo worldwide (because they co-own it), which includes Japan proper. Bravely Default 2 was published by Square-Enix in Japan and Nintendo elsewhere.

That's the difference.

Bayonetta 3 is published by Nintendo worldwide (because they co-own it), which includes Japan proper. Bravely Default 2 was published by Square-Enix in Japan and Nintendo elsewhere.

That's the difference.

hmm... I see, well then I don't know anymore....we will see tomorrow.

Looking at my Switch library it feels like I am not. Its basically full of Nintendo and Indy games:

6l2paj.jpg

Still really excited for tomorrow tho!

Weird that The Snitch hasn't leaked anything , I will not enter the internet 12h before the video drops to still be safe still but expected at least a couple of leaks.
Yeah it is strange, I can see a couple different scenarios here

1. The Snitch isn't actually getting their info from YouTube, but from less concrete sources, and he doesn't have sources at Nintendo/whoever's showing up at the Showcase. Kinda doubt this, since they had the exact length of the Final Fantasy trailer (iirc).

2. The Snitch doesn't care about Nintendo events (quite possible)

3. Nintendo hasn't uploaded anything to YouTube yet. Iirc, PracticalBrush, a Reddit leaker who was also suspected to be working off the YouTube backend, only got info a couple hours before events. Might be that Nintendo is more cautious about uploading things as opposed to other companies (might also help that there's no 4k videos involved with a Nintendo event)

Hey all, In an effort to turn the anger toward me instead of the partners showcase:

If Bayo 3 and Metroid Prime Remaster are officially added to this year-2022 is the best year in the Switch’s life cycle

Weird that The Snitch hasn't leaked anything , I will not enter the internet 12h before the video drops to still be safe still but expected at least a couple of leaks.
I'm leaning towards they aren't particularly caring of Nintendo releases. We will see though. Could be coincidental they didn't do anything with the XC3 Direct info drop since it was more of just added info. The only info that was Nintendo related so far was including the Red dot during the Crisis Core tweet.

Feels they are too accurate to be someone with insiders at a number of places to the point they likely have access to the videos before public release or know someone who does. Maybe Nintendo is just extra cautious seeing how with leaked info has come and are uploading the video a couple hours ahead of time instead.

Hey all, In an effort to turn the anger toward me instead of the partners showcase:

If Bayo 3 and Metroid Prime Remaster are officially added to this year-2022 is the best year in the Switch’s life cycle
I'd vote for not turning anger towards you or anyone, and not the partner showcase and I'm sure quite some people would agree with you.

I'd vote for not turning anger towards you or anyone, and not the partner showcase and I'm sure quite some people would agree with you.
Thank you! I was just making a joke on that intro. But for me this definitely is the best year for the Switch. If BOTW2 made it I think it would almost be universally agreed lol

I don't know why there are so many pages of speculation. Nintendo said the Direct is focused on "Third Party" stuff so clearly we're getting the reveal and 25 minute deep dive of the next N64 game to come to NSO, Mario Party 3.

Hey folks, same ol same ol comment about how I play third party games on PC cause it's cheaper and runs better, but still looking forward for the show. It's always entertaining to see what can and will run on the Switch (also, I love the discussions post Direct)

3rd party is clearly just a reference to a brand new Mario Party, as that would be the 3rd Mario Party on the console

If we got

Splatoon 3
Advance Wars
Metroid Prime Remaster
Mario + Rabbids SoH
Bayonetta 3
Pokémon S and V

For September-December would be pretty great

"x party" just refers to how many developers logos are on the back of the box. For instance, Call Of Duty: Vanguard is a 6th party game.

Metroid Prime Remaster is being pinned as a big holiday title. This hasn’t been discussed the important of Nintendo putting a remaster game as big holiday title. This is Metroid. Only Mario gets this treatment or Zelda. It tells you how serious they are about the series and Prime. Prime 4 gonna get huge marketing.

It would be both great and terrible because that's 5 must buys for me plus 1 maybe plus whatever else launches in that time frame

Oh no
Bayo 3 would be the closest for me. Still need to see more of that. The first gameplay teaser trailer did not give me confidence.

If we got

Splatoon 3
Advance Wars
Metroid Prime Remaster
Mario + Rabbids SoH
Bayonetta 3
Pokémon S and V

I'm getting all of those not that I play games or anything like taht

Considered that the 29 of June there is a financial meeting, is there any chance for a general Direct in July? or we need to wait until September?

If we got

Splatoon 3
Advance Wars
Metroid Prime Remaster
Mario + Rabbids SoH
Bayonetta 3
Pokémon S and V

In line with what Jeff Grubb said... Since there wasn't E3, and even if there was, following this line of thinking...they don't have a lot more games to announce for H2 2022, so makes sense there isn't any big General direct, there probably is another mini direct for 1st party games and game specific directs during the summer, and then a big general direct in September to ready us for Q1 2023.

Splatoon 3 is dated and probably will get a specific direct.
Advance Wars due to current world events will probably be a date Twitter drop or just a shadowdrop (December?)
Metroid Prime remaster on another direct
Mario+Rabbids tomorrow (Already leaked October release date)
Bayonetta 3 might get pushed to 2023 but even if it is, i bet theres another game to fit in its slot... but i would expect it on a 1st party mini
Pokémon is Pokémon, they do their own marketing

The only thing that can change things is new hardware.... That would introduce a big presentation soon... Nate says it's coming, Grubb says it's not... tbh the switch is at a point where it's really getting pushed hard, we need new hardware ASAP...the 1st party games now show their age.. and if they milk it for two more years... jeez, it's gonna look ugly.

Considered that the 29 of June there is a financial meeting, is there any chance for a general Direct in July? or we need to wait until September?
At first i took this partner direct as a: we'll get 1 or 2 1st party announcements shadow dropped on twitter and a general direct in September...
But after what Grubb said, looks like there's a possibility of a general mini direct in July..

If we got

Splatoon 3
Advance Wars
Metroid Prime Remaster
Mario + Rabbids SoH
Bayonetta 3
Pokémon S and V

Honestly this would be such a solid lineup, and probably the best holiday period for Nintendo on the Switch (well aside 2018 cause Smash is the best). Splatoon and Bayo 3 would be biggies for me. Maybe Rabbids depending on how it turns out. I'd have no complaints if all these games made it.

If we got

Splatoon 3
Advance Wars
Metroid Prime Remaster
Mario + Rabbids SoH
Bayonetta 3
Pokémon S and V

My top 5 most played games on Switch are:
Xenoblade 2
Splatoon 2
MH:Rise
Mario+Rabbids
Fire Emblem:Three Houses

So this year is insane to me!

In line with what Jeff Grubb said... Since there wasn't E3, and even if there was, following this line of thinking...they don't have a lot more games to announce for H2 2022, so makes sense there isn't any big General direct, there probably is another mini direct for 1st party games and game specific directs during the summer, and then a big general direct in September to ready us for Q1 2023.

Splatoon 3 is dated and probably will get a specific direct.
Advance Wars due to current world events will probably be a date Twitter drop or just a shadowdrop (December?)
Metroid Prime remaster on another direct
Mario+Rabbids tomorrow (Already leaked October release date)
Bayonetta 3 might get pushed to 2023 but even if it is, i bet theres another game to fit in its slot... but i would expect it on a 1st party mini
Pokémon is Pokémon, they do their own marketing

The only thing that can change things is new hardware.... That would introduce a big presentation soon... Nate says it's coming, Grubb says it's not... tbh the switch is at a point where it's really getting pushed hard, we need new hardware ASAP...the 1st party games now show their age.. and if they milk it for two more years... jeez, it's gonna look ugly.
Hardware is the biggest wrench. Nate is still sticking with the info he’s had (not sure how old it is). Before July ends I think we’ll have our answers.

You know if Nintendo likes giving Sega money for stuff they should give them money for Yakuza ports, ESPECIALLY the Japan only Kenzan and Ishin, seeing how Nintendo also likes to fund localizations like Live A Live and a number of Dragon Quests

Persona 5 was a PS3 game lol… if Atlus puts in the effort a port of the game could run on Switch. I don’t understand how people are adamant that it possibly couldn’t show up on this platform. From a technical perspective it’s more than possible, even with all the extras added in the Royale version. Again, it all comes down to Atlus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom