• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a Metroid Shooting Range simulator

CpOrLr3XgAARLb7.png

Can we all take a moment to appreciate how damn feasible it is to watch this Direct when we're all (presumably) awake? I mean, yeah, there's the 6:00 AM time for our folks on the Pacific coast, but otherwise, it's doable. We can all literally enjoy the Direct together, at least potentially.

No viewing the thing late in the night or – I don't know – 2:00 AM in the morning or something. I would rather do 6 in the morning than 11 or 12 at night, for example.

A collective people, not you specifically Nate. Even before the Xbox versions were announced 2 weeks ago I'd see people talking about how "p3p/p4g ports for Switch might happen, I dunno if they could do P5R". It just feels like it's been this insane narrative that people latched onto and I don't really get why.
It's the bargaining stage, gotta keep doom alive.
I think it's probably because we assumed that if you have information on the 2 other one you would have information on persona 5 !
That person on Era said 3 and 4 we're coming to Xbox and PC/windows store but couldn't confirm 5 prior to the Xbox show.

I don’t see why Nate would bring it up like that. Nate is one of the people who knew about Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It seems like leakers are getting more and more info about Monolith’s games. If not Production 2, then Production 1 maybe.
not that I wouldn't like it for that to be the case I just can't see it at the moment. Guess time will tell.

nintendo got the Gamers invested in a goddamn rabbids game. incredible
I get what you’re saying, but I’d like to say Davide and their team got Gamers invested into Rabbids. They had to make this work from scratch. They came up with the basis of this game.

When it leaked it was overwhelmingly crapped on because “why would you mix garbage Rabbids with Mario. This can never work. It sounds like trash. Yadda yadda yadda”.

I personally don’t think Monolith Soft’s PG1 is moving on from Xenoblade just yet. The series executive producer recently said they’re currently working on expanding the brand as a whole. Otherwise, why stop/take a break from making more Xenoblade games beyond the original Xenoblade trilogy? Also, Xenoblade X ended on a cliffhanger—do we really need to wait over a decade to resolve some questions?

I can however see something coming from PG2, after BOTW2 is done. They can take their experience from Zelda and apply their knowledge to an original action game of their own. They could do it in between Zelda projects.

I personally don’t think Monolith Soft’s PG1 is moving on from Xenoblade just yet. The series executive producer recently said they’re currently working on expanding the brand as a whole. Otherwise, why stop/take a break from making more Xenoblade games beyond the original Xenoblade trilogy? Also, Xenoblade X ended on a cliffhanger—do we really need to wait over a decade to resolve some questions?

I can however see something coming from PG2, after BOTW2 is done. They can take their experience from Zelda and apply their knowledge to an original action game of their own. They could do it in between Zelda projects.
It was also mentioned Monolith Kyoto was planned to expand long term so they could make also their own games, at one point Monolith Soft probably will make 2/3 teams + support

Persona on switch would be great, but I'm not sure if I would play it simply because I've played 4 and 5R so much already. I haven't played 3 but based on what I've read, I would rather play the FES edition. I'll probably do that one way or another before P3P releases.

My random hope is for Namco to put more Tales games on switch. I haven't played a lot of them so that would be a cool announcement. It could happen, but I have no reason to believe it will. That's the thing with this direct -- outside of a few things, it's really hard to predict what might show up.

It sucks we’ll never get to see this franchise. I never got to try it. It looked cool and very different from what Nintendo offers
While I understand some people wanted to play it, it’s not Monoliths best. I mean it was kind of a Jack of all trades, master of none kind of story. If the game concentrated on some aspects more, it would have been so good

Mario + Rabbids succeeded because it was a good-ass video game with a ton of heart, not just because Mario is in it (though I imagine that part didn't hurt). If it was bad it would be relegated to the pit of bad spinoffs and we wouldn't be facing down its sequel headlining Nintendo's June presentation

I think Grubb was speculating on the July Mini, but I could see it possibly happening

Just had a listen to Morning Mess - 100% speculation. His reasoning was that ‘if they had enough content for a major Direct why wouldn’t they have done it in June?’

It’s not unreasonable, but it’s hardly a bulletproof theory. Regardless Metroid Prime remaster (along with anything else) can’t be far off

Last edited:
I'm no Rabbids fan, but the fact that Rabbids are actual characters with personalities in the M+R series rather than interchangeable screaming critters alone singlehandedly catapults the appeal and charisma behind them up multiple notches.

The story is not if Monolith can do a Astral Chain type game....The story is why is Nintendo taking the game away from Platinum. Were they disappointed with the sales...After dealing with them for Bayonetta, have they had a falling out with them? It's a weird thing to bring up out of nowhere

All they needed was "only" one of the most successful media ip‘s in the world.
not everything that has mario in it is guaranteed to be gold
I get what you’re saying, but I’d like to say Davide and their team got Gamers invested into Rabbids. They had to make this work from scratch. They came up with the basis of this game.

When it leaked it was overwhelmingly crapped on because “why would you mix garbage Rabbids with Mario. This can never work. It sounds like trash. Yadda yadda yadda”.
yeah but nintendo still had to sign off on it which given their strict treatment of mario as a franchise is genuinely funny to me. "put the rabbids and mario in an XCOM style game" is an insane pitch and hats off to Davide for pulling it off. just a masterclass move all around from everyone involved in this (except Ubisoft)

Just had a listen to Morning Mess - 100% speculation. His reasoning was that ‘if they had enough content for a major Direct why wouldn’t they have done it in June?’

It’s not unreasonable, but it’s hardly bulletproof theory. Regardless Metroid Prime remaster (along with anything else) can’t be far off
That seems to be the running theme with Nintendo content creators. Heard this a ton before and after this announcement. The other one is Nintendo has nothing to show.

It was also mentioned Monolith Kyoto was planned to expand long term so they could make also their own games, at one point Monolith Soft probably will make 2/3 teams + support
I hope that comes to fruition someday.

To add on to the conversation, Yasuyuki Honne apparently left Kyoto and moved back to the Tokyo branch a few years ago. I suspect he either got moved to help with Zelda and/or is heading a new game project under PG2. He hasn’t been credited under any major roles for a few years now.

This trilogy is coming to a conclusion. And we can’t definitely say Nintendo hasn’t greenlit? anything else.

But I would’ve assumed they’d get Xenoblade Chronicles X ported next.
Given the way the remaster of the original was greenlit along side XBC3, my guess is if an X port does happen, Nintendo would still want Monolith Soft on an original title alongside it.

Sorry to say that but the best thing about Platinums fall from grace is people shutting up about a Bayonetta 2 port and the endless discussion about if its first party or not.

This trilogy is coming to a conclusion. And we can’t definitely say Nintendo hasn’t greenlit? anything else.

But I would’ve assumed they’d get Xenoblade Chronicles X ported next.
In the past they haven't. I can't find the interview where they said Nintendo shut down every project besides Xenoblade, I'll look again when I'm on pc.

With the trilogy completed, I do hope they go back to Xenoblade X. It needs a port and a sequel.

DISASTAH DAY OF CRISIS

And that one DS game that never got localized.
I still have that game somewhere, haven't even touched it lol.

Honestly I think Takahashi and Monolith's top brass just feel really strongly about the IP and world they've cultivated, and that they just wanted to make more. The series used to be small time but they were still allowed to make more despite that, even if logic dictates that they'd have been moved over to something else by then.

If they have a new concept they want to sell they'll probably be able to pursue it, especially after they've managed to propel Xenoblade out of its comparative niche status.
Yeah, they've said they want to focus on the Xenoblade brand and make it a pillar in the JRPG genre, don't know when they consider it a pillar. Nothing will reach the popularity of Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy.

Xenoblade was never really "small". It was a hit ever since the original release on Wii. Outside of Japan it released late into the Wii lifespan and still did good relatively. It did over 200k in Japan, and did better overseas. (VGsales claims over 900k total, but I don't think they're accurate).
Xenoblade X sold good as well despite being on Wii U.
That's really good, if you consider the fact it's a new JRPG series and on a dying platform and a platform that was dead from the very beginning.

I've never played X, but i've seen people referring to X while talking about 3. I think there will be references to X in Xenoblade 3 to tie them together in some way, and then Monolith will port X, probably to the next generation of the Switch
X doesn't have anything in common or related to the main games, other than some Easter eggs or small references like Arts names and Nopon being a race in X. I don't think X will have any presence in 3, and especially no tie-in.

X ended on a cliffhanger, I hope they'll do a proper sequel. Or a remaster that adds content to resolve the ending (like Future Connected perhaps), but hopefully a sequel since they can do so much more with that.

Reiterate that while I think Monolith Soft on Astral Chain is a really fun idea, I don't think Nintendo would drop Xenoblade to allow that to happen. Especially not when you could be looking at 3 to 4 year production cycle per game.

But that's why Nintendo pursue development cooperation arrangements and it's also why internal expansion is ongoing. Platinum and Monolith Soft working together with EPD in the producing role would be great, potentially.

The story is not if Monolith can do a Astral Chain type game....The story is why is Nintendo taking the game away from Platinum. Were they disappointed with the sales...After dealing with them for Bayonetta, have they had a falling out with them? It's a weird thing to bring up out of nowhere

I think the potential reasoning Nate brought up had more to do with Platinum being busier these days with their own stuff than Nintendo being disappointed with the first game's sales.

I'm no Rabbids fan, but the fact that Rabbids are actual characters with personalities in the M+R series rather than interchangeable screaming critters alone singlehandedly catapults the appeal and charisma behind them up multiple notches.
Rabbid Luigi is one of the best characters in mario imo. He is just so sweet, trying to imitate mario and co's mannerisms (such as not laughing when he notices that the others arent) and overall paying attention to so many things but still being characteristically mischievous but not nearly enough to drive anyone off as rabbids in other games do.

The game looks like a blast. hrr hrr...

Seems like it fits the Switchs nature of being part handheld really well.
Oh, absolutely. They really were purpose-built.

I still maintain that Dual Strike was the best game on the DS. Put hundreds and hundreds of hours into that game, and sleep mode was crucial.

Can we all take a moment to appreciate how damn feasible it is to watch this Direct when we're all (presumably) awake? I mean, yeah, there's the 6:00 AM time for our folks on the Pacific coast, but otherwise, it's doable. We can all literally enjoy the Direct together, at least potentially.

No viewing the thing late in the night or – I don't know – 2:00 AM in the morning or something. I would rather do 6 in the morning than 11 or 12 at night, for example.
i am watching it late by an hour in no way am i waking up early when i work at 9 am lol but its nice to have it early rather than mid day but i tend to like early presentations or ones that are at night.

i am watching it late by an hour in no way am i waking up early when i work at 9 am lol but its nice to have it early rather than mid day but i tend to like early presentations or ones that are at night.
Fair enough. I just like that it's not too late for me or anything.

Alan Wake Remastered doesn't have a release date confirmed beyond fall; guess it will show up here

I guess online update for Cruis'n Blast is to be expected if Raw Thrills is a third party company and simply licensed the series name from Nintendo.

No Man's Sky is dated for October 7th though, we don't need any more information unless it's getting delayed

Part Time UFO and Buddy Mission BOND already broke the rules last time; this wouldn't be a huge surprise.
True, the interesting thing is that Bond was published by Nintendo. I know KT and Ruby made it but its a nintendo ip.

NINTENDO GIVE ME BUDDY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom