• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xenoblade Chronicles X Astral Chain could actually be an interesting crossover.

Edit:
BTW since some people are bringing up their fall plans, I'll say Metroid Prime Remaster, Pokémon Violet, and Bayo 3 are what I'm looking forward to.

(Edit 2: writing on mobile is a mistake)

You may not need them. But I do. I love these games and Links Awakening showed me that a nicely done remake would really enhance some games.
Nah Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission and Super look timeless.
The games that needed it got which was Metroid 1 and 2.
If they really want to do another remake I'd rather have them do Super Metroid.
But in reality I'd rather just want them give me some way to play Zero Mission, Samus Returns and Fusion or just give me Metroid 6 if you have too much Money Nintendo.

Hope Astral Chain gets a sequel. Didn't quite love the first one but I think the formula has potential that I feel a second entry could execute better (Plus, is always great to have more new Nintendo franchises).
I like how we live in a world where we think Nier Automata, an "open world" action rpg ps4 game, is more likely to get a native Switch port then Persona fucking 5, a ps3 turn based jrpg.
A fairly limited Turn-Based JRPG to boot considering that most of the "exploration" in P5 is based on very narrow corridors.

One thing I shamelessly miss about GAF is the amount of bans that came along with each direct. Nintendo makes people lose there mind on gaming forums.
F**k GAF

The site owners derision for Nintendo and not even bothering to honor Iwata's passing with a special banner was the last straw for me. That place got what it deserved when it broke apart

Maybe these third party games will give us a hint if the Switch Pro is coming soon.

Like, if the game seems too powerful for a regular Switch to handle, maybe it’s because it’s supposed to be for the Pro or something like that.

I like how we live in a world where we think Nier Automata, an "open world" action rpg ps4 game, is more likely to get a native Switch port then Persona fucking 5, a ps3 turn based jrpg.
What makes me sad is that it probably wouldn't get a physical release, as the all the prerendered cutscenens make the game 50GB
Persona 5 they could compress and get it on a 16 GB card I think.

To be honest I don't think one is really much more likely than the other, I'll not go crazy about it until tomorrow.

iu

Monolith Soft has grown a lot since BotW released. Production 1 does Xenoblade games. Production 2 does Zelda games. I could see Production 2 doing something other than Zelda.
I don't believe that they will have the chance to make their own game anytime soon unfortunately. 3D Zelda won't get smaller or less expensive. Thats for sure for now. Nintendo just hasn't the resources to handle a big open world game intervened with dozens of mechanics and systems without Monolith.

Monolith Soft has grown a lot since BotW released. Production 1 does Xenoblade games. Production 2 does Zelda games. I could see Production 2 doing something other than Zelda.
If they indeed have a new IP/Astral Chain 2 in development, I could see them pursuing that project next since after BOTW2 Aonuma/Fujibayashi will probably want to do something different after that, could be a while before they need Production 2's help again.

Who has said Persona 5 cannot come to Switch?

Somehow people are attributing this to me, when all I've ever said is that I didn't have confirmation of Persona 5 -- while I had confirmation of the other two.

I don't believe that they will have the chance to make their own game anytime soon unfortunately. 3D Zelda won't get smaller or less expensive. Thas for sure for now. Nintendo just hasn't the resources to handle a big open world game intervened with dozens of mechanics and systems without Monolith.
I don’t see why Nate would bring it up like that. Nate is one of the people who knew about Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It seems like leakers are getting more and more info about Monolith’s games. If not Production 2, then Production 1 maybe.

You know what would be all the more funny? If both showed up in the same presentation.

Somehow people are attributing this to me, when all I've ever said is that I didn't have confirmation of Persona 5 -- while I had confirmation of the other two.
We'll see tomorrow probably. I don't see 5 coming to Switch (at least not anytime soon) if they announce 3P and 4G tomorrow, but not 5R.
I don’t see why Nate would bring it up like that. Nate is one of the people who knew about Xenoblade Chronicles 3. It seems like leakers are getting more and more info about Monolith’s games. If not Production 2, then Production 1 maybe.
I mean, isn't XC3 "tying" XC and XC2 together in someway? Maybe they want to do something else other than Xenoblade now, and maybe if Nintendo gives them Astral Chain 2 or something or finally greenlights something else, could be the time now, leaving Prod. 2 for Zelda support

It was just thinking out loud & exploring a fun possbility. Nintendo owns the Astral Chain IP. Monolith is finishing the XBC trilogy. Let Monolith do something new and try their hand at something like Astral.

My quick(and somewhat cheesed) bingo card

JunDirectbingo22y.png

I don’t care if it’s cheap after how many close misses I’ve had XD

A collective people, not you specifically Nate. Even before the Xbox versions were announced 2 weeks ago I'd see people talking about how "p3p/p4g ports for Switch might happen, I dunno if they could do P5R". It just feels like it's been this insane narrative that people latched onto and I don't really get why.

It was just thinking out loud & exploring a fun possbility. Nintendo owns the Astral Chain IP. Monolith is finishing the XBC trilogy. Let Monolith do something new and try their hand at something like Astral.
Yeah. It would be good I think. I mentioned earlier they do interviews with Monolith employees. A few of them have said they want to do an Action game. Astral Chain would fit the bill and you never know what kind of potential the franchise could have. The first game sold very good.

Persona 5 has felt like such a carrot-stick for Switch that I think it's just a natural defense mechanism to assume it's never happening.

But iirc the original Persona leaks (which mentioned Xbox/PC platforms) didn't have knowledge of 5R getting ported at the time either so it feels like it could go either way.

A collective people, not you specifically Nate. Even before the Xbox versions were announced 2 weeks ago I'd see people talking about how "p3p/p4g ports for Switch might happen, I dunno if they could do P5R". It just feels like it's been this insane narrative that people latched onto and I don't really get why.

Some people don't want to see Persona on any other platform & spin some weird narrative of it not being possible.

I think it's probably because we assumed that if you have information on the 2 other one you would have information on persona 5 !
That assumption would assinine considering I say my contact may simply not be informed of Persona 5 for Switch.

yup. P5R I think is a possibility. Just because I think besides Atlus being Atlus there is no reason it can't run on the Switch unless Sony is responsible for keeping it off Nintendo systems but allowing it on GamePass.
Switch got P5S, a game that while developed by an outside studio did show they can get the feel of the game down in the open world. It's how I enjoyed that game. 30fps cap, drop the resolution, view distance, shadows and textures would be enough to get the game on the system.

You see we always get a big holiday besides Pokémon. Wasn’t sure what it would be this year, but it’s Mario + Rabbids. I think the first game did 8+ million. Way better than I expected.

I think it's probably because we assumed that if you have information on the 2 other one you would have information on persona 5 !
Tinfoil hat theory time

The reason we've not heard P5R for Switch is because Switch is actually getting a new version of the game P5P, that is more like P3P where it cuts the world exploration but adds a female Joker option.

I think this is a good moment to remind people that the only projects from Monolith that have been greenlit by Nintendo are Xenoblade games. Nintendo doesn't let them do other stuff. I hope this changes after Xenoblade 3 releases, but I doubt it. I think it's more likely that Nintendo will have Monolith make another Xeno game.

I think this is a good moment to remind people that the only projects from Monolith that have been greenlit by Nintendo are Xenoblade games. Nintendo doesn't let them do other stuff. I hope this changes after Xenoblade 3 releases, but I doubt it. I think it's more likely that Nintendo will have Monolith make another Xeno game.
This trilogy is coming to a conclusion. And we can’t definitely say Nintendo hasn’t greenlit? anything else.

But I would’ve assumed they’d get Xenoblade Chronicles X ported next.

DISASTAH DAY OF CRISIS

And that one DS game that never got localized.

Honestly I think Takahashi and Monolith's top brass just feel really strongly about the IP and world they've cultivated, and that they just wanted to make more. The series used to be small time but they were still allowed to make more despite that, even if logic dictates that they'd have been moved over to something else by then.

If they have a new concept they want to sell they'll probably be able to pursue it, especially after they've managed to propel Xenoblade out of its comparative niche status.

I've never played X, but i've seen people referring to X while talking about 3. I think there will be references to X in Xenoblade 3 to tie them together in some way, and then Monolith will port X, probably to the next generation of the Switch

Honestly I think Takahashi and Monolith's top brass just feel really strongly about the IP and world they've cultivated, and that they just wanted to make more. The series used to be small time but they were still allowed to make more.

If they have a new concept they want to sell, they'll probably be able to pursue it - especially after they've managed to propel Xenoblade out of its comparative niche status.
“From the point of view of giving Monolith Soft more variety, I would like to do a smaller-scale project if the opportunity arose. But right now, I think we should focus on increasing the value of the brand that we have created with the Xenoblade Chronicles saga. Of course, if we manage to organize ourselves in a way that allows us to do so, I would also like to give a small-scale project a chance.”

I've never played X, but i've seen people referring to X while talking about 3. I think there will be references to X in Xenoblade 3 to tie them together in some way, and then Monolith will port X, probably to the next generation of the Switch
X is amazing. Flying around in the vast open sci-fi world in mechs. Flying islands was so cool. I agree a port of X next makes the most sense.

I don't want to imagine this because I don't see it happening AND I WANT THIS BADLY

the fact that there's no actual hard confirmation + the way atlus behaves I can't really blame people for thinking it's not coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom