• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase announced for June 28th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the Nate the Hate podcast. That's a lot of possible games, though i agree some of those announcements could be saved for later like their september direct if one is coming
That's the tricky things with predictions. Many of the games we mentioned have leaked or are known but need updates; yet, none of them have to be at this show. They could be held a bit longer. It's all about the right time & place for them. Some of the predictions will land tomorrow, though.

Nintendo likes to line up software with new hardware revisions. It was Metroid dread with the OLED. Maybe the prime remaster is lined up to launch with the new switch?
Prime Remaster for the enthusiast crowd, Mario + Rabbids for the casual crowd on the same day (Pro launch day)

Book it

That's the tricky things with predictions. Many of the games we mentioned have leaked or are known but need updates; yet, none of them have to be at this show. They could be held a bit longer. It's all about the right time & place for them. Some of the predictions will land tomorrow, though.
Do you have any idea how Nintendo might announce Metroid Prime Remaster for this holiday? Wait until September or announce it earlier?

I can't tell yall how irritable I'll be if Bayonetta doesn't release on or very near Halloween.

Do you have any idea how Nintendo might announce Metroid Prime Remaster for this holiday? Wait until September or announce it earlier?
Opinion: it'll be before September.

As mentioned this morning in another thread, the July Direct is something I had heard a whisper of but currently it has no foundation to stand on. I think July could potentially be when we see/hear more from Nintendo on some of their H2 plans.

yeah u goofy
giphy.webp

As mentioned this morning in another thread, the July Direct is something I had heard a whisper of but currently it has no foundation to stand on. I think July could potentially be when we see/hear more from Nintendo on some of their H2 plans.
time to screencap this, remove that ''opinion'' part and do some fake news on twitter >: )

It would be weird for Nintendo to go through the effort to assemble a Direct for third party games and then only do first party news in dribs and drabs, including announcing an enthusiast facing game via social media.

But here we are. Difficult to get a sense of what their plan is. Depending on how long they wait for a July event, there then isn't that long until September.

Let Us Cling Together onto your Square Enix predictions, because a new Theatrythym would be incredible.

Personally I'd thought if Nintendo had another event, they'd keep things rolling. Plus, I'd think they'd want to keep a Mini clear of Xenoblade 3's launch. After Xenoblade 3 we're in early August, which seems too late; especially because I'd guess at a Splatoon Direct and an Indie World that month.

So I'm thinking they'd do a Mini in the first half of July, but if one were really that close... would there be more smoke?

Prime Remaster for the enthusiast crowd, Mario + Rabbids for the casual crowd on the same day (Pro launch day)

Book it
I was going to say that Mario Rabbids might be more of an enthusiast game but I also think an upgraded switch can launch with exclusively enthusiast titles. My point of reference for this being how they launched the New 3DS with Monster Hunter and Majora.

Let Us Cling Together onto your Square Enix predictions, because a new Theatrythym would be incredible.

While I did have them in my predictions, I fear those two are among the "we must wait" group.

I could see a Direct, but several sets of twitter announcements could be a thing, right?

I think Bayonetta 3 could see some Twitter announcements or a social media campaign.

Speaking of which, thanks to Nate I finally know how to pronounce Theatrythym.

How did you pronounce it prior?

It's fun to know this ride will be continuing full steam into July. Usually we get some respite after June, but not this year.

Is fun the right word?

While I did have them in my predictions, I fear those two are among the "we must wait" group.

I think Bayonetta 3 could see some Twitter announcements or a social media campaign.

It saddens me that Nintendo doesn’t the see marketing potential Bayonetta has to the queer community yet

Jokes on you all, Ogre Battle 64 will be confirmed for NSO tomorrow instead
What's up with that games ownership anyway? Nintendo published it in Japan and Atlus in the US. Square Enix later bought Quest but Ogre Battle 64 found It's way to Wii and Wii U virtual Console anyway despite Square being lukewarm at best on VC. Did Nintendo retain publishing rights to the game?

Oh interesting so possibly a July Direct…I’m sure if anything is happening you’ll find out sooner than later since July is right around the corner.

If there's something Nintendo focused in July then I wonder why even go for a September direct at that point. Unless that direct is later in October or something.

Look at the bright side everyone, if there’s no E3 again, we got another pattern!

A potential Nintendo Partner direct mini!!

Hooray 🥳🥳🥳

In the beginning I was pronouncing it like "Tet-rhythm" because it looked like a jumble of letters to me at first and I couldn't make it out well, and as I eventually saw the name pop up more and I started trying to sound it out, I settled on "Thee-at-rhythm" as I'm used to spelling "theater" with the E in front of the R and the lack of that particular E in "Theatrhythm" messed with my brain. I now realize it's probably based on the spelling "theatre," which.. and see, hell, I just realized I misspelled it in the post you responded to. 😩 I put in an extra Y.

Ugh, that word continues to best me.

Last edited:
I admittedly find it funny seeing BOTW 2 reactions.

This month was suppose to be the name drop lol.

(I honestly thought they’ll give Zelda a later date for reveals, not “e3”). And maybe even a dedicated direct but I never pulled the trigger on that prediction.

I’m actually pretty excited about this partner mini. I guess because I’m a primary switch player I could have a host of games to play. Looking on the bright side of things is good.

Was this the thing you were curious to hear about from Grubb's Morning Mess?

I won't be able to watch live because I'll be doing field work with a coworker so I'm gonna rely on your all's screams of despair to let me know what was announced.

if there is a first-party-focused direct mini in July, i would probably happen during the first half since I imagine they'll spend the 2nd half of July solely focused on Xenoblade 3

So…
Partner Showcase
Mini Direct
Specific/themed directs
Treehouse gameplays

Yep, it seems like the next big presentation from Nintendo is going to be “special”.

I've been holding off updating my signature until the direct aired. I guess I won't have an excuse after tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom