• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct announced for September 13th (7 AM PT, 10 AM ET, 3 PM BST, 4 PM CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention, like, the exact timing of the Direct. And the only thing Grubb said he was sure was going to be there was It Takes Two, and that was there.

But we can’t let facts get in the way of ragebait videos
The best part is Nate clearly timestamped the YouTube video with “what we know is there” and then “third party predictions” etc. it’s all laid out. If people are to dense to listen or read it, then that’s on them. Grubb was even less clear about Zelda and said it was his cohost who was the one that was most certain.

Mostly Jeff and Mike were the ones really claiming Zelda HD Remasters and Metroid Prime would likely be there. Nate never said that. Neither did Emily as far as I recall. Anyways Jeff and Mike apolgoized on their stream over and over again. It happens. I'm not mad at either of them. Disappointed that their sources didn't pan out but it happens and they seem to legitimately be disappointed and sad about the situation as much as well all are.

It happens, I'm not mad, I moved on. We all make mistakes. I still will follow Jeff and Mike as I think they are honest people with a faulty source. That's it. We all don't need to be roasting insiders if they make a mistake or something don't work out 100% perfectly. Believe me I'm disappointed that these games were not there. Hell they were the only games I really wanted but sometimes you just got to move on.

Jeff will learn. Nate is at a good place and Emily has been great. I would just stick with telling people things I know 100% will be there.

Jeff has been somebody who I've been taking with a grain of salt so far. He has the best intentions, no doubt, but sometimes he hints at things that do not happen. He could learn from Nate in that regard; clearly distinguish info from speculation.

There's also the problem that all insiders get lumped-in together, something I really dislike. Probably a combination of bad attention spans and frustration. lol

Emily thanks again for your hints and honesty! Nate also.
Emily I am sure you said that Metroid does not mecessarily have to be in a direct or the zelda remasters these could be announced in you tube videos and shadow dropped.
I won't give up on Metroid coming just yet.
Got to be honest though the only things that excited me on that direct was teaser of mkd 8 wave 3 BOOST, extra on switch sports , Rain, Pikmin4 At last confirmed as NOT hey pikmin! and of course Botw2!
What is with all the farming games my god snooze fest.! Sorry far too many same stuff on this direct! Oh and n64 games. Pilotwings! Yes ! No announce new or remake please.

One weird thing about this direct is that instead of saying "nintendo switch headlines," koizumi just said "headlines". Not that that matters, but it's something nonetheless.

Also I swear this new announcer is the same guy that did the voice of Biff. Miss the normal announcer personally.

One weird thing about this direct is that instead of saying "nintendo switch headlines," koizumi just said "headlines". Not that that matters, but it's something nonetheless.

Also I swear this new announcer is the same guy that did the voice of Biff. Miss the normal announcer personally.
I guess it means they are done with even implicitly acknowledging the 3ds.

Oh boy....

Honestly not sure why insiders like Emily and Nate bother sharing their info when they cop stuff like this. If I ever had any inside info I wouldn’t say a word, I don’t have near the patience they do to deal with with entitled gamer whining when things don’t quite pan out, or even just aren’t announced immediately. Hope they enjoy their vindication when this Prime remake is finally revealed.

omg, you are right, it's Biff! ARMS2 confirmed then, I miss the previous narrator too, he was doing it since 2017, I was used to him.

So, that Nintendo Direct, huh. "Quick" thoughts on all the announcements that stood out to me:

• Fire Emblem Engage: Major step-up from Three Houses visually, that's for certain. Looks great; even the Emblem summoning mechanic seems less intrusive than I feared. Can't wait for it, and January really isn't that far away!
  • Mask of the Lunar Eclipse: Really cool to see this game finally getting an official localisation; and it's nice that once again all platforms will get the opportunity to play it just like the Maiden of Black Water rerelease.
  • Fitness Boxing Fist of the North Star: Laughed out loud when this popped up. Such a goofy idea for a game but it works.
  • Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life: One of the few GameCube games that actually showed up here! Joking aside, it looks nice; especially appreciate the non-binary option for your avatar and none of the potential marriage partners being gated by gender; good stuff from Marvelous.
  • Octopath Traveller II: Leaked right before the Direct but is still a pretty shocking reveal; didn't see it coming so soon, and didn't expect it to be published by Square Enix everywhere this time. Poor Xbox though...
  • Theatrhythm Final Bar Line: A surprising return from the 3DS; the track list is looking fire so i'll be interested to check it out on discount.
  • N64 NSO: The wait will be long and obnoxious but this second roadmap of games is great! Super excited to have all three N64 Mario Parties available; will enjoy the minigames in the Pokemon Stadium games while waiting for GB NSO to happen; and I appreciate the legal hurdles that went into getting Pilotwings 64 and GoldenEye 007 on the service. Nice to see all of those and the other remaining titles. Just a shame Harvest Moon 64 isn't coming worldwide for now; screw you Natsume.
  • Mario Kart 8 DLC Wave 3: The full lineup of the wave already leaked in August but I appreciate the sneak peek at Merry Mountain and Peach Gardens, since the former confirms that half-pipes are in and the latter shows that the visual quality is only improving across the waves. Can't wait for the full release.
  • Pikmin 4: We didn't see much but the nightmare is close to finally being over. I'm glad this is far enough along now for them to be confident in showing it; that it's actually progressing at all is great news considering the next 2D is also still in production. Just wish they didn't have to do the drawn out Pikmin Bloom segment beforehand.
  • Radiant Silvergun: It's so nice to have this on a modern platform; thank you Treasure. Now get Mischief Makers and Bangai-O on the N64 NSO app.
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Super pumped about this one. Wish we were getting a collection with Triple Deluxe and Planet Robobot but with all the visual improvements and extra content you won't really see me complaining much. I love that 64 / Forgotten Land Dedede is sticking around as his design in other games now.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom: We finally have a title, and once again nobody guessed it. They didn't show a ton of new footage and honestly I don't care; i'm happy it has a release date now because I just want to jump in and play it myself; don't need to see more because I am 100% sold and buying it day zero.
There were a ton of other neat things throughout the Direct too; Tunic, Ryza 3, more Bayonetta 3... That's why despite there obviously being things I wish were present here or feel are weird absences (GB/GBA NSO, Prime HD, MonkEPD) I still walked away pretty pleased! Plenty of games now on my radar to pick up in the remainder of the FY.

Honestly not sure why insiders like Emily and Nate bother sharing their info when they cop stuff like this. If I ever had any inside info I wouldn’t say a word, I don’t have near the patience they do to deal with with entitled gamer whining when things don’t quite pan out, or even just aren’t announced immediately. Hope they enjoy their vindication when this Prime remake is finally revealed.

I think Nate, Emily, Jeff Grubb, etc realize there is always going to be a small segment people who are not going to be happy or agree with what they say. They can just as easily ignore said individuals are focus on the 95% of the community that appreciates what they bring to the table in terms of conversation, information, speculation and rumors. I appreciate these individuals and most of us on these forums do as well. We all get angry or disappointed from time to time and maybe even mess up or get upset but I definitely appreciate having Nate, Emily, Jeff Grubb, etc around as it helps keep the conversation a little more interesting and lively. I don't think they take it too personally when they get attacked. At least I hope they never do. It's just the nature of the internet and it's never going to change so you just kind of have to adapt and really focus on the positive portion of the community.

Oh boy....

I haven't watched the video (and I'm not sure I will) but I'm writing up a lengthy response to all of the internet stupidity. I hope to have it published by the end of the week, and maybe...maybe it will bring some much-needed sanity back. (I doubt it. People love their e-drama).

SwitchForce, Nintendo Prime, etc, make the mistake of assuming that insiders are all in agreement with each other. You can't just lump everyone together and assume we all agree on everything.

Fun fact: On Twitter, I actually DM'd Jeff Grubb over the weekend to warn him that some of his Direct info might be inaccurate. And I have the receipts to prove it. I warned Jeff because he's a wonderful, kind person, and I wanted to give him an opportunity to triple-check with his sources and backpedal before the Direct aired. I didn't want the internet to eat him alive. He's just way too nice of a person.

The point is: No, insiders and journalists don't agree on everything. There have been many, many moments when @NateDrake and I didn't agree on information.

This isn't the Legion of Doom, where all of the Nintendo insiders sit around a table and try to reach a consensus on every rumor. 😛 Even the best investigative journalists at major outlets (IGN, Kotaku, Eurogamer, Game Informer) have gotten big rumors wrong over the years.

Great post @MondoMega ! I still sort of hope Octopath Traveler II comes to Xbox – if it’s launching as a Game Pass title, Microsoft might want to announce it at their own event.

I haven't watched the video (and I'm not sure I will) but I'm writing up a lengthy response to all of the internet stupidity. I hope to have it published by the end of the week, and maybe...maybe it will bring some much-needed sanity back. (I doubt it. People love their e-drama).

SwitchForce, Nintendo Prime, etc, make the mistake of assuming that insiders are all in agreement with each other. You can't just lump everyone together and assume we all agree on everything.

Fun fact: On Twitter, I actually DM'd Jeff Grubb over the weekend to warn him that some of his Direct info might be inaccurate. And I have the receipts to prove it. I warned Jeff because he's a wonderful, kind person, and I wanted to give him an opportunity to triple-check with his sources and backpedal before the Direct aired. I didn't want the internet to eat him alive. He's just way too nice of a person.

The point is: No, insiders and journalists don't agree on everything. There have been many, many moments when @NateDrake and I didn't agree on information.

This isn't the Legion of Doom, where all of the Nintendo insiders sit around a table and try to reach a consensus on every rumor. 😛 Even the best investigative journalists at major outlets (IGN, Kotaku, Eurogamer, Game Informer) have gotten big rumors wrong over the years.

Just remember for every negative post all of you receive, there is a good 20+ posts from people who are thankful and happy to have all of you guys here in the community. Never let anyone bring any of you guys down. Never get caught up in the drama. Focus on the positive individuals and energy in the community and ignore the stupid. Best advice I can give lol. I'll start off with the positive and say thanks for the information and contributing to some great conversation. There a +1 Positive Post for you. :)

"enjoy their vindication" lol. Back in February and the months following, people kept telling me the Fire Emblem game I mentioned wasn't real. It came true today and all the info I shared earlier this year was confirmed. There is no vindication. People just find something new to attack you over. Prime will just be treated with, "when you say it every yr since 2017, you'll eventually be right..." type of comments.

Indeed. Disagreements in info allows us to find better information. The uncertainty has us double-check or delve deeper for clarity.

Just want you both to know @Emily and @NateDrake that I appreciate your insight and the effort you put into sharing information with us. Y’all have way thicker skin than I do, I couldn’t put up with the nonsense.

I still don't know what's the deal, yeah what Jeff thought would be there was not there. But what? Nothing was oficially announced, it's your problem that you take inside info as 100% and if you are mad because something that was literally speculation did not happened yesterday, then you seriously need to rethink your taking on rumors.

Next time we do predictions: "What do you think could be there?" "Nothing" End

The idea one cannot make predictions is absurd. As long as the info is presented clearly as a prediction and not a leak, there should be no issue. Yet... somehow, there has been an issue.

SForce... maybe spend a minute learning if the prediction is a prediction vs a leak. Could I make a video attacking your predictions, which aired before the Direct was confirmed?

Man I wish we could just move the conversation away from insiders and actually talk about games instead.

I agree, let's focus on actual Direct discussion.

Regarding the Direct, my favorite announcement was Kirby's Return to Dreamland. I always thought it was one of the more underrated Wii games, and I'm glad to see it finally getting re-released. It looks really good.

The N64 expansion announcements are amazing. But I do hope Diddy Kong Racing gets in there eventually.

Insider Nate there said there will be nothing but there were actually games, he is not credible
You need to put scare quotes around “insider” and maybe add the word “so-called” in front of it 😄

Anyway. Games. You know what’s a good game? Tunic. I loved it on Xbox and you should all buy it. I want it to be a bestseller. Do not fail me on this.

I get being frustrated in no Prime remaster because we didn’t get Metroid at all

What I don’t get is how the disappointment in the lack of WWHD/TPHD been talked about this much when we literally got the name and title drop of BOTW2 finally lol. Like… I thought we took the remasters as a given and were praying they would serve as a jumping off point for the latter lol.

Like they just cut out the obligatory and gave us the good stuff and I’m supposed to be mad?!

Mainly talking about how I saw talks of insiders “raising” expectations too much as if WWHD and TPHD was more expectation raising and a BotW2 title drop and release date couldn’t match up? What’s going on lol

Slightly related question: do you think sources sometimes can get too over-excited by what might sometimes be proof-of-concepts, instead of truly planned projects?

None of the leaked games were in the Direct:

Batman Arkham Collection
Risen (this literally was confirmed by THQ)
Remnant From the Ashes
Humankind (another game from the dev was there)

Wonder what's the deal with Batman. Drake launch title? I can't see it being a miracle port, it's too demanding. Come on, I haven't finished any of the games I need them asap!

Also MIA games are still MIA:

Alan Wake Remastered
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Lara Croft 1&2
Evil Dead The Game
Outer Wilds

What this Direct needed was some more miracle ports. We haven't got any lately. Could that be an indication that Drake release is near? Or some third parties just moved on...

Regarding the Direct, my favorite announcement was Kirby's Return to Dreamland. I always thought it was one of the more underrated Wii games, and I'm glad to see it finally getting re-released. It looks really good.
That was my favorite announcement, too. I was really hoping for a 2D Kirby remaster of some kind for the anniversary, it just felt right and it feels like it’s been a minute since Nintendo has dropped a new or remastered side scroller and I always like to see those. And they picked one of the best ones! I described it in another thread as my personal megaton for the Direct, and that’s especially impressive because we actually saw finally Pikmin 4 too.

The N64 expansion announcements are amazing. But I do hope Diddy Kong Racing gets in there eventually.
I’m curious what’s deluxe about RTD deluxe lol.

I do think it should’ve been a trilogy with TD and PR included so I’m hoping it has some new content beyond a couple new copy abilities

Batman Arkham Collection
Remnant From the Ashes

Wonder what's the deal with Batman. Drake launch title? I can't see it being a miracle port, it's too demanding. Come on, I haven't finished any of the games I need them asap!

Alan Wake Remastered
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Lara Croft 1&2
Evil Dead The Game
Outer Wilds

What this Direct needed was some more miracle ports. We haven't got any lately. Could that be an indication that Drake release is near? Or some third parties just moved on...

What if there's another Mini Direct in the near-future? Maybe we don't have to wait for next year to see another one?

There’s a new movie coming out in April, so maybe they want to release it alongside that?
It's been out for other consoles for a while now. Saber said Switch release would come a later date but we're still waiting. I don't think they'd wait until April but Saber's ports do take some serious time.

What was your favorite game of the Direct?
favorite announcements from the direct: octopath 2, kirby deluxe, tunic coming to switch, bayo 3 gameplay, zelda's 17th teaser, master detective archives, fatal frame 4
if i had to say one game, probably zelda

Is it just me, or is the boxart of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom one of the prettiest of all-time?

zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-boxart.jpg

I'm sure they exist, or at least planned, but I think people should stop guessing that they are coming anytime soon. There was no way they were going to release in the vicinity of BotW2. We'll see them popup eventually in 2024 and beyond.
I believe that they are done and ready to rollout when Nintendo needs them. I also believe they would have been announced yesterday IF they were not happy to reveal the TotK name and that it is coming in May.

It does mean we have 2022 without a Zelda game, but we have a locked release date for the next major Zelda game so does it even matter?

Idk if this was already talked about, but the March slot is interesting for 2023. We know Nintendo always likes to have a game there at the end of the fiscal year.

However in the Direct we got FE for January and Kirby for February, so March is still empty. There's Pikmin 4, but given the amount of footage shown I'd expect summer rather than spring.

Any ideas on what it could be and when it will be announced? It could also that there's a big event that month where they announce new hardware for a May release with BotW2

favorite announcements from the direct: octopath 2, kirby deluxe, tunic coming to switch, bayo 3 gameplay, zelda's 17th teaser, master detective archives, fatal frame 4
if i had to say one game, probably zelda
Tunic coming to Switch is very exciting.

Kirby just made me smile. And that’s the point of it all, right?

Batman Arkham Collection
Remnant From the Ashes

Alan Wake Remastered
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Lara Croft 1&2
Evil Dead The Game
Outer Wilds

I'd have thought, given the Xbox/PS5 install base remains "challenging" that third parties would have given a greenlight to more Switch ports if anything. The fact it has dried up a bit suggests something hardware related could be on the radar...

...but then why are we getting KH and RE cloud games?

Or is this simply a sign that Square and Capcom frankly need the money now?

Plenty to think about here!

Idk if this was already talked about, but the March slot is interesting for 2023. We know Nintendo always likes to have a game there at the end of the fiscal year.

However in the Direct we got FE for January and Kirby for February, so March is still empty. There's Pikmin 4, but given the amount of footage shown I'd expect summer rather than spring.

Any ideas on what it could be and when it will be announced? It could also that there's a big event that month where they announce new hardware for a May release with BotW2
i can see something like prime remaster being released in march. not sure if nintendo wants to go back to announcing games in the game awards, but if they were they could announce their march game there.

"enjoy their vindication" lol. Back in February and the months following, people kept telling me the Fire Emblem game I mentioned wasn't real. It came true today and all the info I shared earlier this year was confirmed. There is no vindication. People just find something new to attack you over. Prime will just be treated with, "when you say it every yr since 2017, you'll eventually be right..." type of comments.
Absolutely, people will pretend it doesn’t count because reasons.

Ever since the Wii U era, Nintendo has been on fire with their box arts.

True for a lot of games indeed. One of my favorites is Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. I did envy the US boxart of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild though. The European one wasn't as good or epic as that one IMO.

I'd have thought, given the Xbox/PS5 install base remains "challenging" that third parties would have given a greenlight to more Switch ports if anything. The fact it has dried up a bit suggests something hardware related could be on the radar...

...but then why are we getting KH and RE cloud games?

Or is this simply a sign that Square and Capcom frankly need the money now?

Plenty to think about here!
KH situation is license issue, Square released them as Cloud games to avoid costs.

RE games however... Nintendo probably was planning to launch Drake this fall but delayed to next year. Capcom could have been planning to launch cloud versions on the base Switch next to native versions on the Drake but when Drake was delayed they went on with the cloud games. At least that's what I think.

Dying Light 2 is another weird situation. A cloud game delayed... for 7 months. This adds more smoke to the situation than all other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check out the most recent staff post on following community rules and guidelines before posting. Thanks!
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom