• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Nintendo Direct announced for September 13th (7 AM PT, 10 AM ET, 3 PM BST, 4 PM CEST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Promises Rabbids 2... gets Rabbids 2... is somehow blamed for stuff I never said would be there

The cycle of stupid continues.
late to the party but cool prediction video as always, and on spot on several things. Did you enjoyed the Direct Nate? surprised about Pikmin 4?

A thought: as Serif said, Pokemon Stadium coming in 2023 might mean that GB(C) support might be then. Taking that logic a step further - what if the reason we didn't see Game Boy NSO today was because it's Drake exclusive for some reason?
I think it's simply more like Nintendo will continue to move slowly with NSO because they have a finite amount of retro content they want to add to it. It may also well be that expansions and online multiplayer does more to drive the subscription, and they'll continue to emphasise that.

Personally I think that, if something can run on Switch and it's from Nintendo, it'll launch on Switch. We're not going to see a clean break.

Without Metroid Prime Remaster and Zelda ports, instead of playing old shit I've already played before, I guess I'll have to play old shit that I haven't played before. * stares at unopened copies of The Origami King and Mario + Rabbids *

Am… am I the only one that really loved the direct?
I really liked a lot of it too. It's fairly obvious at this stage that the Switch is never going to have a shortage of RPGs, tactics, and life sims though, so it's a given I'll see plenty I like every time a Direct rolls around.

Various Daylife made me chuckle because I opened Apple Arcade the other day thinking "I'll finally try this" and then realised it had been quietly removed from the service. Figured it was gone for good but should have anticipated this.

Post-Direct discussion can be so weird. I wonder how the discussion would be right now if we got this 21-minute Mini Direct shadow dropped:

Fire Emblem Engage (3m)
It Takes Two (1m)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC (1 m)
Tunic (1m)
Splatoon 3 Splatfest (1m)
Octopath Traveller II (2m)
Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope (2m)
N64: Mario Party and Pokémon Stadium Collections (1m)
N64: Goldeneye (1m)
Mario Strikers: Battle League DLC (0,5m)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC (1m)
Pikmin 4 Teaser (0,5m)
Bayonetta 3 (2m)
Resident Evil 2, 3 & 7 Cloud Versions (1m)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe (2m)
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (1m)

Raincode looks genuinely fantastic, I love the idea of abstract investigatory battles. Feels kinda like Deadly Premonition but hopefully with a few orders of magnitude less jank.

The post itt that called insiders "attention w****s" actually disgusted me and I really hate that this kind of discussion takes place in this community, which is otherwise one of the most inclusive and friendly gaming forums I've ever been a part of.
Yeah, some people need to show restraint and actually think before posting. It's ridiculous.

I suppose prime could be a Twitter drop because there wasn’t room in the direct?

Directs have been following an easily predictable format recently

The opener, closer and 2 big middle reveals

September 2021
  • Opener - MHR Sunbreak
  • Middle - Kirby and Forgotten Land
  • Middle - N64 NSO/ Expansion Pak
  • Closer - Bayonetta 3

February
  • Opener: Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Middle - MK8D BCP
  • Middle - Nintendo Switch Sports
  • Closer - Xenoblade 3

September
  • Opener - Fire Emblem Engage
  • Middle - Octopath Traveller 2
  • Middle - Pikmin 4
  • Closer - Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

I guess Prime remastered just didn’t fit and could be revealed later, they just really wanted to tease Pikmin 4. Idk. Not betting on it though

I wasn’t expecting Metroid Prime 4 because I figured that would be saved for first reveal of Drake. I definitely expected Metroid Prime Remaster though. Now I just think they’re saving everything lol

Seriously.

I'll gladly take a new Pikimin, Fire Emblem, Goldeneye online, and Tears of kingdom in May for what? Two Zelda remasters available on WiiU and a Prime Remaster?

Is that what people are mad about?
images

Just finished watching the Direct. I actually liked it a lot. All throughout I kept thinking “I couldn’t possibly have the time to play ALL of these games.”

Also

TEARS OF THE KINGDOM

Fire Emblem and Zelda were already enough for me but they also announced Rain Code and Various Daylife (I wanted to play this one so much)
Also they announced Pikmin 4, Tales of Symphonia Remaster and Octopath Traveler 2 (I still have to understand if I like this series or not tho)
Idk, I think this was a really solid direct
Nope, it was a enjoyable Direct with some pretty neat surprises here and there, per usual. Not everyone will be pleased, but that's always the case.

Yeah there are a metric tonne of farming games coming out. Perhaps the delayed response to Stardew still selling bonkers numbers.

You have to give SquareEnix props, they are churning games out at a rate of knots. The 2DHD team have cranked out, what, 3 games in a 12 month period?

Regarding the whole Metroid thing, I do wonder if Nintendo are just getting all their ducks in a row for Metroid Prime 4, and once they have a firm idea of when that's coming out, that's when we'll see Prime HD.

Fire Emblem and Zelda were already enough for me but they also announced Rain Code and Various Daylife (I wanted to play this one so much)
Also they announced Pikmin 4, Tales of Symphonia Remaster and Octopath Traveler 2 (I still have to understand if I like this series or not tho)
Idk, I think this was a really solid direct
No I enjoyed it a lot. I acknowledge the games presented won't be to everyone's tastes, but aside from Miyamoto discussing Bloom I was always entertained.

Hopefully next time when there's a Direct there'll be no staff post, too often there's negativity and meltdowns post directs.

I wasn’t expecting Metroid Prime 4 because I figured that would be saved for first reveal of Drake. I definitely expected Metroid Prime Remaster though. Now I just think they’re saving everything lol

no Prime was definitely the lowlight of the Direct, with the lack of gameplay in some key reveals. but a rich content event, overall.

Post-Direct discussion can be so weird. I wonder how the discussion would be right now if we got this 21-minute Mini Direct shadow dropped:

Fire Emblem Engage (3m)
It Takes Two (1m)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 DLC (1 m)
Tunic (1m)
Splatoon 3 Splatfest (1m)
Octopath Traveller II (2m)
Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope (2m)
N64: Mario Party and Pokémon Stadium Collections (1m)
N64: Goldeneye (1m)
Mario Strikers: Battle League DLC (0,5m)
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC (1m)
Pikmin 4 Teaser (0,5m)
Bayonetta 3 (2m)
Resident Evil 2, 3 & 7 Cloud Versions (1m)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe (2m)
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (1m)
I mean yeah, this very much confirms that framing/pacing are always going to go a long way towards dictating people's reactions, even when the actual substance can be varied and good. Presentation wasn't very good, especially versus how polished and well-paced Switch-era presentations have generally become, but there was a lot of good content there. Pikmin 4 for sure surprised me and I'm so glad to see it.

Even as an RPG fan, and a JRPG fan, I'm somewhat bored of so much of that appearing in Directs; but it's also simply a reflection of the software dynamic on Switch. Things like JRPGs and cloud versions are just going to keep getting announced because the market demand for those things has been tested and found worthwhile enough for more content to appear.

I suppose prime could be a Twitter drop because there wasn’t room in the direct?

Directs have been following an easily predictable format recently

The opener, closer and 2 big middle reveals

September 2021
  • Opener - MHR Sunbreak
  • Middle - Kirby and Forgotten Land
  • Middle - N64 NSO/ Expansion Pak
  • Closer - Bayonetta 3

February
  • Opener: Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Middle - MK8D BCP
  • Middle - Nintendo Switch Sports
  • Closer - Xenoblade 3

September
  • Opener - Fire Emblem Engage
  • Middle - Octopath Traveller 2
  • Middle - Pikmin 4
  • Closer - Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

I guess Prime remastered just didn’t fit and could be revealed later, they just really wanted to tease Pikmin 4. Idk. Not betting on it though
This makes no sense. There’s always “space”. It’s Metroid Prime. Nintendo can add as much as they want into a direct

So... if you had a new more powerful console in the works that you didn't want to announce yet... that's pretty much exactly what you would show of Zelda and Pikmin, right?

BotW2 will surely be amazing. However, that trailer to reveal the name and release date was dreadful. It was dreadful in its own right, but when you consider how great the trailer for the first game at this point was and the fact this is comfortably the most anticipated videogame in the entire industry right now...

If you want evidence for Drake, this confirms it for me. There's no way you show Zelda like that otherwise.

That was a banging Direct with some cool surprises. Did not expect stuff like Pikmin 4 to show up, nor Squenix doing an Octopath sequel. Fire Emblem looks dope. Also the industry trend of lots of farming life sims coming continues. But yeah lots of stuff to get stuck into.

I'm a little dissapointed.

I mean Zelda is amazing, day one but i'm not a Fire Emblem or Pikmina guy (even after putting 100 hours on Thrre Houses) , i just wanted Metroid, at least a teaser of Prime 4.

The dorect was great averall, just not for me

Could it be possible that they do a NSO update trailer on twitter? It's still very strange to me that they don't have shown anything to keep people paying not only the base, but the expansion pack also. Unless they consider Goldeneye online is more than enough.

This makes no sense. There’s always “space”. It’s Metroid Prime. Nintendo can add as much as they want into a direct
Just trying to come up with reasons they would announce it on Twitter for this year after this direct, which is already illogical lol

It's probably a good idea to ignore rumors that bank on games releasing for anniversary dates. They're hardly ever right and are mostly fan speculation.

As for the direct itself I got a few announcements that I liked and I was shocked by the Tales Of remaster since everyone on Install Base has sworn up and down that Scamco Studios and their games won't come to Switch in any way without Nintendo paying.

no showing of Prime is weird as hell...if it exists, I guess.

I also want to know when the hell we might get more Mario platformers. Odyssey came out in 2017!

Metroid Prime being a Twitter drop to and to release this year is a definitive “stupid” Nintendo moment. Makes no sense and just tells me that that port is pretty much just a simple remaster that was cheap to make.

Since I don’t believe that. I think we’ll see it next year if it’s a thing that exist. Maybe game award if Nintendo wants to participate in a bigger way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please check out the most recent staff post on following community rules and guidelines before posting. Thanks!
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom