• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for June 21 (40 minutes long, focused on games releasing this year, 7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 4PM Central European)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this where the reactions are happening? Or will that be in a new thread?

Anyway here are my predictions

100%
  • Pikmin 4

90%
  • new 2D Mario
  • TotK DLC
  • Mario Kart 8 DX DLC
  • Side Order
  • that indie car racing physics game

50%
  • SMRPG remake

10%
  • Fire Emblem 4 Remake

0%
  • new hardware
  • Everybody! 1-2-Switch

Like what @MisterSpo said some pages back, Nintendo still has a lot of previously announced games for NSO still in the pipeline so I wouldn't expect any further announcements at the moment. There's still like five more N64 games we have to get through this year.

I just realized we know nothing about nintendos offering after pikmin 4 other than prime 4 so we will see so much new stuff in this direct unlike previous directs where nintendo shows already announced games, the only one we will see that's old will be pikmin

100%
  • Pikmin 4

90%
  • new 2D Mario
  • TotK DLC
  • Mario Kart 8 DX DLC
  • Side Order

50%
  • SMRPG remake

10%
  • Fire Emblem 4 Remake

0%
  • new hardware
  • Everybody! 1-2-Switch
I was nodding along with this until I saw SMRPG and FE4. I'd genuinely like to hear if this is based on new/leaked info or just a gut feeling.

I think part of the thought process with things like this is that a remaster/remake is a much easier sell than a new game and can increase the odds of a new game happening later by proving demand for it
I've heard that, but i always thought thats a flawed thought process.
They always cater to those that would already be interested in a sequel.
If its a low effort one, its probably not getting a huge marketing push, and not gonna attract a huge new audience, and many of them will feel like "thats it?" by todays standards, and not be that vocal for a sequel or in pushing it on social media.

If its a sizable upgrade (remake, big remaster)... then were back at wouldn't a game made from the ground up be about as expensive, but have a broader appeal?

As a publisher, sometimes you just have to have some faith in a project, and having a tiny investment in it wont change that much.

(Mind you, if a team starts on a sequel, and to get into the groove and reacess why the first one was great and what can be improved in a sequel makes a remaster, thats a different story, cost are split over both releases, and one can be used to promote the other (like having an early trailer for a sequell, and then shadow dropping the remaster)

I had a horribly invasive root canal yesterday that left my jaw sore all night and resulted in me getting no sleep, so I'm watching this live instead of going into work lol.

100%
  • Pikmin 4

90%
  • new 2D Mario
  • TotK DLC
  • Mario Kart 8 DX DLC
  • Side Order

50%
  • SMRPG remake

10%
  • Fire Emblem 4 Remake

0%
  • new hardware
  • Everybody! 1-2-Switch
Metroid Prime 4 is -100%, You are the one who must show it to Nintendo, and then they release the cease and desist ninjas.

000pzrg4

So the question is if 2D Mario is the holiday game, will Nintendo actually do a new holiday bundle (ideally a themed switch and game), or sell the Mario kart bundle for the 7th or so year in a row 😞

Probably the best place to ask:
What is it that people so much want from an Skies of Arcadia remake?

i liked Legends on GC well enough, but the characters where... fine? typical jrpg shonen cost. Gameplay was neither ultra deep or that special.
Story... also typical jrpg?

It had a great concept (sky pirates, ship battles next to usual jrpg elements), but it felt to me like an average jrpg glued onto a great concept with shallow implementation?

a SEQUEL i really would love, getting all that up to date, and really digging in the potential, have more to explore, different fractions for the ship battles, etc... there is a chance that it would be a day 1 game for me.
but a remake would be....whatever? Like, gameplay would feel shallow, and story just fine, so new graphics would not help it to much.
And if you start expanding them, why not just make a new entry thats not held back.

Same reason so many people like old things; nostalgia. I liked skies of Arcadia when I was... Significantly younger, and would like to be able to play it again without having to dig out a GameCube or Dreamcast and the very old copy of the game.

I'd like a sequel were that on the table, obviously, but I'm under no delusions that it's anything but a complete cult classic that never sold that well and a sequel that's up to modern standards would be very expensive and extremely unlikely as a result.

My final predictions:
Super Mario Wonderland - November 2023
Super Mario RPG Remake - 2024
Metroid Prime 4 - gets a trailer
Pikmin 4 - multiplayer revealed and more shown, maybe areas of 1 and 2 as DLC?
Shin Megami Tensei V direct sequel or "Royal" version
Shin Megami Tensei IV/Apocalypse remasters
Persona 3 Reloaded confirmed for Switch
Persona 5 Party
Detective Pikachu 2 revealed and coming in September
Splatoon 3: Side Order fully revealed and with a release date
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC Wave 5, Pauline and Samus are added as playable characters
Mortal Kombat 1 gets a short trailer or appears on a sizzle reel
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope DLC is shown
Dragon Quest Monsters revealed

Sometimes in my head I start with realistic expectations and end up 5 minutes before the direct on autopilot/stupid mode and start wishing for pie in the sky stuff, whats wrong with me?

Gotta say, I do feel for fellow EST/PST peeps, but getting home from work and almost immediately being served a Direct feels so gratifying.
I love the 6 or 7 AM directs/YouTube uploads. But the kids have me up already. Really starts the day off right

Good morning. Welcome on board flight 21062023. This is Captain LukasManak speaking and I have some information about our flight. Our flight time today will be 2 hours and our estimated time of arrival in Kyoto, Japan is 23PM JST local time. The weather in our route is good. The temperature at our destination is now 23 degrees Celsius, with some rain. We wish you a pleasant flight and we hope to see you again soon. On behalf of all from Team June crew, thank you for choosing our company as your airline today.

image.png
We’ve already started our descent procedure into Kyoto International Airport. We expect to land at 23:00 JST.

If you want to adjust your watch, it is 22:35 local time in Kyoto now.

The weather in Kyoto is a bit cloudy and the temperature is 22 degrees Celsius.

We wish you a pleasant stay in Kyoto and we hope to see you again very soon. On behalf of all from our Team June crew, thank you for choosing our company as your airline today.

I know there is not a airport in Kyoto but then the text would not work

Curious, what do y’all usually watch Directs live on, Youtube, Twitch, console app?
Normally YouTube for me. Just feels easiest! Back when I cared more about Xbox, I'd watch their showcases on Mixer or Twitch for that sweet 4K and great bitrate.

I absolutely need the 2D Mario to be called Wonderland because I just imagined an emotional holiday commercial featuring a kid playing the game with the Christmas song "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" and it's too perfect.

I like the percentage thing. I should do one too:

Super Mario RPG: 10%
F-Zero GX/AX: 25%
Comissioner Pikachu: 50%
Mario 2D: 80%
Yoshi new title: 75%
Donkey Kong: 40%
Fire Emblem 4: 60%
Mario party: 40%
Monolith action game: 30%
Chrono Trigger: 10%
Final Fantasy IX remake: 30%
Star Ocean 2: 80%
SaGa new title: 40%
Final Fantasy Tactics: 80%
DQ Monsters: 65%
DQ3: 30%
Persona 3 Reload: 30%
SMT5 "Complete": 30%
VanillaWare new title: 60%
Soul Hackers 2: 50%
Skies of Arcadia: 20%
Etrian Odyssey 7: 40%
Metal Gear Solid Collection: 60%
Suikoden 3 HD: 50%
New Castlevania: 5%
Ace Attorney 7: 60%
Soul Calibur HD: 30%
New Digimon game: 50%
One Piece Odyssey: 20%
Tales of remaster: 30%
Pac-Man World 2 Repac: 60%
Shadow of the Damned: 30%
Kingdom Come Deliverance: 5%
Front Mission 3: 70%
Batman Return to Arkham: 0.000000001%
Crash Team Rumble: 40%
Borderlands 3: 15%
Anno 1800: 15%

and...

Metroid Prime 4: 75%

Can someone do me a solid and post the youtube live stream? I can't access Youtube directly in the office but I can watch it through a forum.

Same reason so many people like old things; nostalgia. I liked skies of Arcadia when I was... Significantly younger, and would like to be able to play it again without having to dig out a GameCube or Dreamcast and the very old copy of the game.

I'd like a sequel were that on the table, obviously, but I'm under no delusions that it's anything but a complete cult classic that never sold that well and a sequel that's up to modern standards would be very expensive and extremely unlikely as a result.
Yeah, but a remake would also be extremly expensive. Im not arguing against a simple port or remaster (like some of the SE remaster), im explicitly asking why people want a remake.

(i also think people are to hung up on nostalgia in the gamign scene, and while i think porting or having emulations for revisiting easily and preservation is something that should happen, the endless wish for replaying new versions of old experiences instead of new experiences with similar concepts did never reach me)

-------------

Whats sakurai doing? Ultimate DLC finished October 2021,
Assuming that he was not fully working on that anymore (1 character and map for half a year does not seem like a 40h job... for a whole team).
Even with his channel, his next project should either have started full production or be in the transition right now, i assume it will be a first year launch game for Switch 2...

I was nodding along with this until I saw SMRPG and FE4. I'd genuinely like to hear if this is based on new/leaked info or just a gut feeling.

Super Mario RPG is just a gut feeling, it's 50% because it's almost too good to be true. There's been a lot of smoke, but there has been a lot of smoke around plenty of things that didn't turn up. Not being pessimistic, this is just where I am with it.

As for FE4, I am 100% sure it exists, but I'm not sure it'll be revealed this direct — I could see it being a September thing. I remember we were all sure that Engage would be shown at the September Direct prior to its announcement, since we already knew it was done by then.

Again, 50/50, not 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post-match analysis of leakers and gotchas over who was right to doubt/believe rumours does not need hostility. Please treat other members with kindness.

Back
Top Bottom