• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for June 21 (40 minutes long, focused on games releasing this year, 7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 4PM Central European)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like someone should write a book about Nintendo Directs, their impact on the industry and how Nintendo nailed direct-to-fan marketing and call it “Roughly 40 Minutes”
Lmao. And I'd read it.

What's the last time a Direct WASN'T announced as "roughly 40 minutes?"

What would this person be hinting at?

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Tee Lopes was doing the OST for a Mario game.

Perhaps Square Enix tapped him for Super Mario RPG, in collaboration with Yoko Shimomura (who's back on board)?

Heh, that'd be nice...!

1 hour

To all team June members, I am proud of us.

image.png

One hour until we don’t get WWHD or TPHD

@Nintendo I dare you to prove me wrong.

Not convinced that TotK DLC will be there, but I think that the game will be referenced at least. Amiibo and Master Mode title update maybe? Try and convince people to update their games lol

One hour until we don’t get WWHD or TPHD

@Nintendo I dare you to prove me wrong.

Not convinced that TotK DLC will be there, but I think that the game will be referenced at least. Amiibo and Master Mode title update maybe? Try and convince people to update their games lol

I think they are saving these for the next few years whilst work on the next main Zelda is underway. They need Zelda titles between now and 2028 and these would fit nicely.

Man, if both Soul Calibur and Skies of Arcadia turn out to be real, I'm gonna buy Xboxera Nick a dinner (not really)
Beg pardon

Skies of Arcadia? At this time of day? In this part of the internet, localised entirely within this Nintendo Direct?

... May I see it?

I never expected insider info but I did at least expect insight. Brushing off news as a pipe dream right before a financial briefing with no games announced?
Exactly. It was a logical fallacy. You don’t go to a to a Shareholders Meeting empty handed (no 2h itinerary of software).

—————

What’s this about CNN?

Assuming there isn't a new one, the existing Skies of Arcadia rumor is very flimsy, and supported by a screenshot of a fan texture pack.

So don't hold hope in your heart for that one, sadly.

Less than one more hourrrrrr

until the direct starts and I’ve literally got 30 mins left of my shift after it begins airing and a 15 minute drive home and then I can watch the direct 🤪🤩

Simple:
its a good show with many people that are invested, probably some memes, fast paces discourse in gaming spaces.

Its just like a sports event. Even if your teams don't play, the event and the surrounding aspects are still fun if you're into it.

(And lets be honest, sports events are also 90% marketing events to get people to buy merch, lizenzes, etc)

yeah I guess that makes sense, plus there's always the chance of something i'm not expecting getting announced

it just feels weird that I either don't care about or am only mildly interested in anything likely to show up but am also not really feeling all that much less hyped than I usually do for these things

Wait, are there strong rumours of a Skies of Arcadia remaster??
Beg pardon

Skies of Arcadia? At this time of day? In this part of the internet, localised entirely within this Nintendo Direct?

... May I see it?
We had a thread about it:

I hope Nick actually knew something. This will complete the Gamecube JRPG holy trinity with Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia...

Calling it now, Elden Ring Fit Adventure in the direct. It's Elden Ring but you battle doing workouts with the ring con.

I never expected insider info but I did at least expect insight. Brushing off news as a pipe dream right before a financial briefing with no games announced?
I feel like we need to acknowledge at some point that some takes by content creators aren't entirely based on insight but the desire to provoke a reaction. I don't want to call it engagement bait but... it is engagement bait. 🤷‍♂️

2D Mario talk seems like rumor but there are not rumors at all, maybe that emojis. It's common knowledge that staff was missing from Splatoon 3. And they have to sell 15M by this FY somehow.

Probably the best place to ask:
What is it that people so much want from an Skies of Arcadia remake?

i liked Legends on GC well enough, but the characters where... fine? typical jrpg shonen cost. Gameplay was neither ultra deep or that special.
Story... also typical jrpg?

It had a great concept (sky pirates, ship battles next to usual jrpg elements), but it felt to me like an average jrpg glued onto a great concept with shallow implementation?

a SEQUEL i really would love, getting all that up to date, and really digging in the potential, have more to explore, different fractions for the ship battles, etc... there is a chance that it would be a day 1 game for me.
but a remake would be....whatever? Like, gameplay would feel shallow, and story just fine, so new graphics would not help it to much.
And if you start expanding them, why not just make a new entry thats not held back.

Anyone else thinking they'll just open with Pikmin 4? I don't know why, but I'm just feeling it. It's the only game that we know shows up, so it makes sense to get it 'out of the way' and still get people hooked

Anyone else thinking they'll just open with Pikmin 4? I don't know why, but I'm just feeling it. It's the only game that we know shows up, so it makes sense to get it 'out of the way' and still get people hooked
I don't think so, it will get longer segment like 4-5 minutes and that would not really work as a opener. It will be the middle thing.

yeah I guess that makes sense, plus there's always the chance of something i'm not expecting getting announced

it just feels weird that I either don't care about or am only mildly interested in anything likely to show up but am also not really feeling all that much less hyped than I usually do for these things
I actually am way less hyped (as mentioned here, 2D mario can either be great or a huge dissapointment for me, and its probably the later, and MP4.... can also be either way), but i just want to see peoples reactions and follow the hype people have here, since i know there will be stuff where some here go nuts =D

Last minute wishlist (I know some are impossible but nananananana I can't hear you!!):
  1. Metroid Prime 4 news...not even asking for a release date, just show some gameplay.
  2. Crazy new 2D Mario releasing before the end of the year.
  3. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 2.
  4. Hyrule Warriors: The Imprisonment War.
  5. Astral Chain 2.
  6. Kid Icarus Uprising port or new game in the same style.
  7. Hi-Fi Rush.
  8. Pikmin 4 (obviously).
  9. Aztez: I would put so much time into this if it was on Switch.
  10. Unworthy

If you want Metroid Prime 4 you’re praying this direct either starts with it or the new 2D Mario game. If neither happen it’s gonna look like we most likely won’t see Prime 4 because the direct will end on Super Mario Wonderland

Probably the best place to ask:
What is it that people so much want from an Skies of Arcadia remake?

i liked Legends on GC well enough, but the characters where... fine? typical jrpg shonen cost. Gameplay was neither ultra deep or that special.
Story... also typical jrpg?

It had a great concept (sky pirates, ship battles next to usual jrpg elements), but it felt to me like an average jrpg glued onto a great concept with shallow implementation?

a SEQUEL i really would love, getting all that up to date, and really digging in the potential, have more to explore, different fractions for the ship battles, etc... there is a chance that it would be a day 1 game for me.
but a remake would be....whatever? Like, gameplay would feel shallow, and story just fine, so new graphics would not help it to much.
And if you start expanding them, why not just make a new entry thats not held back.

I think part of the thought process with things like this is that a remaster/remake is a much easier sell than a new game and can increase the odds of a new game happening later by proving demand for it

I'm in a virtual departmental "meeting" for work until Direct time, and we're doing Bingo, but it's not the Bingo I yearn for. 😓

based take: lets not reintroduce ridley, kraid, or any old boss that shouldn't be there stealing space from actually interesting new bosses :sneaky:

and btw kraid has already shoved into dread lmao.

If you re going to do that shit at least do it with a prime boss, not with 2d bosses that have already appeared several times.

No, let Mother Brain be in the game as she is still the only boss from the original games that have been in 3D

I don't think so, it will get longer segment like 4-5 minutes and that would not really work as a opener. It will be the middle thing.
Plus, the famous recruitment announce they had in 2019/2020.

Even before the rumor, 2D Mario has always been a safe bet.

(And IMHO, it might be co-developed by Good Feel)

Good morning. Welcome on board flight 21062023. This is Captain LukasManak speaking and I have some information about our flight. Our flight time today will be 2 hours and our estimated time of arrival in Kyoto, Japan is 23PM JST local time. The weather in our route is good. The temperature at our destination is now 23 degrees Celsius, with some rain. We wish you a pleasant flight and we hope to see you again soon. On behalf of all from Team June crew, thank you for choosing our company as your airline today.

image.png
Ladies and gentlemen, keep your seatbelts fastened. We are flying through a turbulent area.

For your own safety, we kindly request you to keep your seatbelts fastened. We are already making all necessary deviations to provide you with a pleasant and comfortable flight. Thank you.

I know Chrono Trigger is impossible but so many people talking about it warms my heart. Except the people who are like "just play it on PC lol". Those people can fuck off.

Okay, 45 minutes left. Here's my hands up in the sky:

Yoshi's Aluminium World
Typistlads (new IP from Good Job! devs)
Terranigma Remake
Daemon x Machina 2 (Lookin' RAD)
TotK DLC: A brand-new dungeon entirely located in the Depths, "Legend Mode" (Master Mode without the enemy regen) as well as announcements of (REDACTED) amiibo, and a free update with accessibility features.
More DLC (MK8, Sparks of Hope, Splatoon)
Detective Pikachu 2
Professor Layton first gameplay
Pikmin 4 deep dive
Little King's Story port
Baten Kaitos trailer
Super Monkey Ball 4
Persona
Dragon Quest
Farm sim trailers
Koizumi sporting new hair that makes him look like a bank manager but in a strangely ironic way
Super Mario Sketch (2D Mario with sketchbook aesthetic)
The distant sound of @Aurc trusting the process (a.k.a Metroid Prime 4)

I think Metroid Prime 4 or 2D Mario kicks off the Direct as the opener. If it's something like Mario RPG remake, I'd be pleasantly surprised but nervous about whether we'd get both 2D Mario and Prime in the same direct. If it's any form of DLC, even TotK DLC...uh oh

I wonder if we’ll see any new Rare games announced for NSO today? Donkey Kong Land games for GB; DKC games for GBA;, and/or most importantly, DK64, Banjo-Tooie or DIDDY KONG RACING for Nintendo 64?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post-match analysis of leakers and gotchas over who was right to doubt/believe rumours does not need hostility. Please treat other members with kindness.

Back
Top Bottom