• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for June 21 (40 minutes long, focused on games releasing this year, 7AM Pacific, 10AM Eastern, 4PM Central European)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember me and @MisterSpo were thinking Detective Pikachu 2 was coming this fall. The Pokémon Presents came early this year and you know you would’ve believed it was going to be announced there. That presentation was horrible so I’m kind of glad it wasn’t part of it.

I gave up on it, but glad to see it’s still coming this year.
I thought it'd be saved for another Pokemon Presents because the separation between Nintendo Directs and Pokemon has been pretty clear the last 3 years. Obviously, that can change.

I believe we wont see much of mp4, if it does happen. A few landscape shots, maybe some cryptic dialogue, some music, a shot of samus (and sylux, perhaps) and the game's actual title. Very teaser.

The actual trailer will be saved for the next console's presentation.

I thought it'd be saved for another Pokemon Presents because the separation between Nintendo Directs and Pokemon has been pretty clear the last 3 years. Obviously, that can change.
It could be a throwaway line like "Detective Pikachu 2 is officially in the works! Check out the Pokemon Presents later this year for more details!"

I believe we wont see much of mp4, if it does happen. A few landscape shots, maybe some cryptic dialogue, some music, a shot of samus (and sylux, perhaps) and the game's actual title. Very teaser.

The actual trailer will be saved for the next console's presentation.
Prime 4 will release on the original Switch, it may be cross gen, but there's no chance it's next gen only.

other than when they announce games along with a new system coming to NSO, have they ever announced a new game coming to NSO in the direct? the only ones i remember are mother 1 and 2.

edit: and golden eye, ofc

Last edited:
yeah. It's pretty strange that it didn't show up in the February Pokémon Presents if it was coming out this year. Especially since that presentation didn't have much of note.

other than when they announce games along with a new system coming to NSO, have they ever announced a new game coming to NSO in the direct? the only ones i remember are mother 1 and 2.
Goldeneye was given a big spotlight last fall

how big would you dream, if you knew you couldn't fail?

image.png

Not for the base subscription, other than the one example you've mentioned, but N64 NSO got a bunch of titles announced last September in the Direct.

I'm currently 2 hours away from starting my summer holidays and 3 hours away from a motherflipping Nintendo Direct.

Today is a good day.

Right now, given how slow Nintendo are with NSO, I don't see the classic games service featuring today. GBA and N64 still have seven 2023 titles confirmed outside Japan between them, and I'd guess Nintendo wait until September or even later before they update the future titles selection.

Maybe a new 99 game happens.

Friendly reminder that Monster Hunter Direct aired right after Partner Showcase September 2020. Or how Sakurai Presents Banjo aired right after the September Direct.

I don't mean think that full Treehouse is coming since that's something they would announce beforehand but something could definitely be coming due to different time (this is not like pre-TGS September Direct 2022 when it needed to be like that)

Right now, given how slow Nintendo are with NSO, I don't see the classic games service featuring today. GBA and N64 still have seven 2023 titles confirmed outside Japan between them, and I'd guess Nintendo wait until September or even later before they update the future titles selection.

Maybe a new 99 game happens.
The only way I feel we'll see NSO classic game featured today are

Super Mario RPG is announced (ie remake rumor is wrong, or the remake is a massive revamp ala REmake or FF7R)

(West Only) Fire Emblem Binding Blade localization is announced

A new system is announced coming to NSO (tg-16, nintendo DS, sega master system, etc).

Not feeling very confident in this one. Looks like Nintendo is trying to bury it by dropping it at the same time as Final Fantasy reviews.
They had no choice. Monday was a Holiday, tomorrow is FFXVI’s release and Friday is their Shareholders Meeting. They had to unveil their 2H software plans today.

Also, many of these games are coming post FFXVI’s release. It’s a matter of consistent marketing after the fact.

The only way I feel we'll see NSO classic game featured today are

Super Mario RPG is announced (ie remake rumor is wrong, or the remake is a massive revamp ala REmake or FF7R)

(West Only) Fire Emblem Binding Blade localization is announced

A new system is announced coming to NSO (tg-16, nintendo DS, sega master system, etc).
Any of those would be good, and I had Super Mario titles for NSO on my predictions list, but I'm not sure at this point.

I definitely wouldn't expect further consoles. They've barely got going with GB on the base tier, and are drawing the releases out with that, and GBA is alternating with N64 on the Expansion Pack tier, further drawing out those two software libraries. Nintendo look to be in it for the long haul with this subscription service and so anything they add now is just content they could use later on, when their options are thinner. There's been a minimum gap of 1 year between consoles being added, so I really don't see Nintendo going 4 months from GB/GBA to the next addition.

A localisation of Binding Blade would be neat and a potentially easy win for Nintendo with fans, sure. I think something lower key like that is more likely today.

Any of those would be good, and I had Super Mario titles for NSO on my predictions list, but I'm not sure at this point.

I definitely wouldn't expect further consoles. They've barely got going with GB on the base tier, and are drawing the releases out with that, and GBA is alternating with N64 on the Expansion Pack tier, further drawing out those two software libraries. Nintendo look to be in it for the long haul with this subscription service and so anything they add now is just content they could use later one, when their options are thinner. There's been a minimum gap of 1 year between consoles being added, so I really don't see Nintendo going 4 months from GB/GBA to the next addition.

A localisation of Binding Blade would be neat and a potentially easy win for Nintendo with fans, sure. I think something lower key like that is more likely today.
I can see the binding blade localization filling time in the western direct while the Japanese direct is showing off the next momotaro game or something like that.

What’s everyone’s 3 wishes for 2D Mario?

1. Stylised, distinct artstyle, kind of how some levels in NSMBU had a Van Gogh look.

2. Interconnected and intricate world map with lots of secret stages tucked away.

3. Some never before seen gameplay gimmick.

Seeing Krysta thinking Metroid Prime 4 will be next gen only. I don’t get this thinking. I’ve seen it here or there on the internet. They’re not making it next gen exclusive. It’s either switch only or some enhanced version for Switch 2.
Imao what. Lol. Even BOTW was for Wii U. I never get this thinking, it was announced for Switch and it will release for Switch + that instal base is huge.

Seeing Krysta thinking Metroid Prime 4 will be next gen only. I don’t get this thinking. I’ve seen it here or there on the internet. They’re not making it next gen exclusive. It’s either switch only or some enhanced version for Switch 2.

It'll be like with BotW.

If it's announced for Switch, it will release on it.
Like you said, it might have an enhanced version on ReDraketed.

But it won't be exclusively on the successor.

Yep! I don’t think Nintendo has ever promised a game for a console and not released it for it unless it was outright cancelled.

Imao what. Lol. Even BOTW was for Wii U. I never get this thinking, it was announced for Switch and it will release for Switch + that instal base is huge.
It’s more weird to hear that from someone who WORKED at Nintendo and Nintendo has never done that the entire time she worked there. Announce a game and multiple times reiterate its coming to that system only to make it exclusive to the next.

When you consider that shareholders meeting this week is earlier than usually just because of the Direct, they will be really proud of what they will show

Or what will be shown after the Direct!

(Yes, this is my daily "Willing ReDraketed announcement into reality" post)

1. Stylised, distinct artstyle, kind of how some levels in NSMBU had a Van Gogh look.

2. Interconnected and intricate world map with lots of secret stages tucked away.

Seconding the first two points. Not sure about the third... some playable girls that aren't Peach? 👀

When those shareholders see playable Waluigi in Super Mario Wonderland it’s a wrap. They’re literally going to be throwing money at Furukawa at the Investors Meeting.

1. Completely new level theming. I don't want to see the generic NSMB worlds for a long time. I want some really unique stuff in line with Super Mario Land 2.

2. A wide variety of new power ups. I know this is probably a given, but it's been a while since we had brand new suits and items added to the Mario arsenal. Go wild with some new concepts.

3. An evolved graphical style. I don't necessarily need them to do anything crazy, but I'd like something that looks nicer and distinct from the "New" series. Maybe something similar to the 3D World style in Mario Maker 2, but with a bit more polish.

It's one of those moments that make you reminder "oh yeah, you people used to work at NoA when they were making weird ass decisions, you still got that Wii era NoA energy within you" lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
The post-match analysis of leakers and gotchas over who was right to doubt/believe rumours does not need hostility. Please treat other members with kindness.

Back
Top Bottom