• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for February 9th

How do you think BotW2 will appear in the Direct?

• Long trailer

Votes: 25 5.4%
  • Short trailer with name reveal

Votes: 106 22.7%
  • Short trailer without name reveal

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Brief appearance/recognition

Votes: 124 26.6%
  • No appearance at all

Votes: 183 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread tomorrow if the Direct hasn't started by now

reggie-nintendo.gif
reggie-nintendo.gif
reggie-nintendo.gif

Whilst there are new elements to Age of Calamity - I highly doubt it has any real relevance to BotW2. It has many story elements that scream "this is not going to be canon."

However if you really are worrying, I'd just watch the cutscenes on Youtube. There's no reason to play a 30+ hour game you probably won't like if you just want to know some story details.
I hadn't thought about that! Yeah I'll probably watch all the cutscenes before BotW2 will come out. Thanks for the advice!

I tell you what, playable Impa is a sure fire way to get my attention.

Tough ninja lady who doesn't need a Triforce piece to know how to fight is sitting right over there and ya'll always default me to Link? SMH shake my whole head Nintendo. :rolleyes:

Link: does spinny moves with his sword
Impa: crushes her enemies with frog-magic

Idunno, seems pretty cut and dried to me.

Does anyone think Nintendo will announce three major core titles? They’ve only done this once in Feb 2019 during Switch era. Opened with MM2. Second to last was a new IP called Astral Chain and finally Links Awakening.

For this scenario let’s say Fire Emblem and Xenoblade will be 2 big game announcements. Fire Emblem starts. Xenoblade would be second to last to make people say “wtf they’re ending with another weeb game. I’m tired of this weeb shit”, Then Koizumi does the “oh wait we have one more title…”

Imo the title of BotW2 can't be guessed by anyone rn. If it could be guessed it means what they had already shown would be enough to understand it... and so it doesn't make sense for them to not have put the name in the last trailer.

My fake leak I couldn't be assed making was gonna involve a claim that Advance Wars would feature War Room DLC which would include maps where you fight against crossover COs such as Shantae and Claude von Riegan; you can play as them after beating their map.

Does anyone think Nintendo will announce three major core titles? They’ve only done this once in Feb 2019 during Switch era. Opened with MM2. Second to last was a new IP called Astral Chain and finally Links Awakening.

For this scenario let’s say Fire Emblem and Xenoblade will be 2 big game announcements. Fire Emblem starts. Xenoblade would be second to last to make people say “wtf they’re ending with another weeb game. I’m tired of this weeb shit”, Then Koizumi does the “oh wait we have one more title…”
The fact they didn't announce much in September but seemingly have a packed year makes me think we're looking at 3 to 4 announcements out of Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Everybody Switch, Metroid Prime, some form of Super Mario, and something new from Good-Feel.

Edit -, plus dates for Splatoon 3 and Advance Wars, potential DLC announcements for existing games, plus something for the eShop and NSO. Possibly a Zelda trailer, too.

I'm not really up to date, but why is there talk of a new Fire Emblem game being set in space?
Mostly just wild theorizing, the idea came about when someone (Ozzie I believe) mentioned that some of Nate's hints about the game could technically fit a space theme, and pointed out that Awakening was originally intended to be set on Mars

Then everyone realized that that's a freakin' awesome idea and Sci-Fire Emblem was born

Imo the title of BotW2 can't be guessed by anyone rn. If it could be guessed it means what they had already shown would be enough to understand it... and so it doesn't make sense for them to not have put the name in the last trailer.
I don't know what oracle Aonuma visits but they sure come up with some classy-ass game titles. Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild... Any of these could've been cringe* but they're classy. Chefs_kiss.

*for example Baton of Bellows, Dim Damsel, Nature Stank.

because 'long trailer' is the correct poll answer, where do you all see it being placed in the direct?

I vote it's the opener.

Mostly just wild theorizing, the idea came about when someone (Ozzie I believe) mentioned that some of Nate's hints about the game could technically fit a space theme, and pointed out that Awakening was originally intended to be set on Mars

Then everyone realized that that's a freakin' awesome idea and Sci-Fire Emblem was born

what were nate's hints? I only saw 'red & blue'

I got Legend of Zelda: Evil Sword and we're getting a Pandora's Tower 2 in that fake direct generator.

Rhythm Heaven in April with Advance Wars and Style Savvy in May with Buddy Mission : Bond. Boom best direct ever.

Sadly I don’t think we’ll be seeing BotW 2 again until Nintendo’s E3* Direct.

*June/July, since E3 might not even happen this year.

I think this has a higher than normal chance of happening tomorrow. The latter two games seem like they’re 2022 titles, with FE potentially coming out late summer and Xeno in the fall/winter.

They did it last year announcing Splatoon 3 for 2022. They could drop a huge core title announcement for 2023.

As for the game? Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, this rumored DK game, Metroid teaser. I think there’s definitely a chance.

Things like Style Savvy and Buddy Mission BOND are also possible yeah. The former seems to have been in development for a little while, and the latter just needs localising...

If Buddy Mission BOND doesn't get announced for a release out of Japan I will write a strongly worded letter to Mr. Nintendo thread on Famiboards.

Anyway about the E3 thing... I'm starting to think that Nintendo doesn't care a lot about E3 anymore.
At this point I think that they see everyone of the three direct of the year as important in the same way, even more now than E3 is only digital and so people can't play demos right after the presentation.
The only thing left is the Treehouse thing but if they want they can easily show BotW2 at the direct tomorrow and then say something like "Tune in next week for a Threehouse live about this game".

Of things that we know about, I most want to see BotW 2, Prime 4, and Mario + Rabbids. I don't expect to see any of them.

Of things that are rumored, I most want to see Xenoblade 3 and the Metroid Prime remake. I'm expecting at least one of them.

Of things that aren't rumored but could reasonably happen, I most want to see the Oracle games in the LA Remake engine or a 3D Mario.

Of pie in the sky dreams, I want Golden Sun 4 or a new Okami.

My prediction is 4 "major" announcements:
Opener - Prime Remake
Midpoint #1 - Fire Emblem Remake
Midpoint #2 - Niche 3rd party game
Closer - Xenoblade 3

If it is the opener than the rest of the direct has to be a masterpiece. I vote for it to be at the end

Could be, but I was thinking we'd see Xenoblade 3 as the closer - it's brand new, and it could be dated further out than Zelda.

Zelda has already been a major E3 closer twice. It's a bit more of a known quantity, and given everybody's expecting it I just figured it'd be suited for an opener.

Going back to Dragon Quest: I think there's definitely one game at the show - probably only in Japan - and it's Dragon Quest X Offline. Maybe we get a teaser for it later this year, but my prediction for that title is 2022 Japan and 2023 WW and it's going into Square Enix's "first half of the year" slot, i.e. the same one where we had Octopath Traveler, Trials of Mana, Oninaki, Bravely Default II and now Triangle Strategy in.
I hope you're right, don't want to see the West get shafted AGAIN.

I have a question for those who have played Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity... does it have any major plot point reveal that could be useful in BotW2? Cause I don't like the Hyrule Warriors game at all but I don't want to miss something while playing BotW2. If there is one can someone answer me with it? (in a spoiler tag obv)

Not really. It barely seemed to have a grasp on its own plot, much less some sort of future plot.

Could be, but I was thinking we'd see Xenoblade 3 as the closer - it's brand new, and it could be dated further out than Zelda.

Zelda has already been a major E3 closer twice. It's a bit more of a known quantity, and given everybody's expecting it I just figured it'd be suited for an opener.
Yeah this make sense tbh.
They can also show BotW2 in the middle of the direct with a very (VERY) long gameplay trailer too.
I mean, tbh the more I think about it the more I think that BotW2 can be a summer title (and so it has to be shown tomorrow, and with a lot of details too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom