• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for February 9th

How do you think BotW2 will appear in the Direct?

• Long trailer

Votes: 25 5.4%
  • Short trailer with name reveal

Votes: 106 22.7%
  • Short trailer without name reveal

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Brief appearance/recognition

Votes: 124 26.6%
  • No appearance at all

Votes: 183 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think Zelda will always go last because it is Zelda. People won't shut up about it if Nintendo put it out there first.

Has anyone listened to Jeff Grubb's show today to hear his wild predictions? I have a bit more work to do but will then start listening

Oh my goodness you all need to check out this website
This is what I got:

• Hey guys, got word from an insider that a new Direct will be broadcast on Feb, 09:

• Paper Mario Mega 3D announced, being shown in a long video , and it will be available Q3, 2022. It will feature free content after release.

• Donkey Kong Counrty Gangplank Swing will be announced with a surprise trailer , and it is given a release date of Apr, 22 2022. A new Direct will showcase more info.

• F-Zero ZX announced, with few things shown in a gameplay trailer , and it is given a release date of fall, 2022. DLC and more content is being planned for this title.

• Wario Blast Master of Treasures will be announced with a video , and it is given a release date of spring, 2022. More information is coming.

• Starfox VR is first shown in a video . Release date is not given, tho I have heard it will release summer, 2022. It will feature free content after release.

• Golden Sun 4 is supposedly shown in a long video , with a tentative release of summer, 2022. More information is coming.

• Marvelous for Switch appears in the Direct, with some gameplay form , and it will be available Q3, 2022. DLC and more content is being planned for this title.

• Eternal Darkness 2 is presented with a video , and a release date for Oct, 14 2022. Other games of the series are on the way.

• Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, remaster of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii, is shown in a gameplay trailer , to be released Q3, 2022. A new Direct will showcase more info.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X Remastered, remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U, is shown in an overview trailer , to be released Aug, 24 2022. No more information is given.

• Kid Icarus Uprising Definitive Edition, remake of Kid Icarus Uprising for the 3DS, is revealed in a trailer , and it will be available October, 4 2022. DLC and more content is being planned for this title.

• Mother 3 is finally coming to the West as Earthbound 2. Release date TBD

I think this has a higher than normal chance of happening tomorrow. The latter two games seem like they’re 2022 titles, with FE potentially coming out late summer and Xeno in the fall/winter.

They did it last year announcing Splatoon 3 for 2022. They could drop a huge core title announcement for 2023.

As for the game? Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, this rumored DK game, Metroid teaser. I think there’s definitely a chance.
I think a 3D Mario teaser or something from NLG

Thank god I forgot to listen to podcasts today. Work looks like it'll be dead so tomorrow's going to be a huge drag before my evening of fun (Ganon's Castle in OOT, Boba Fett Finale, Nintendo Direct). I can at least listen to some podcasts to help time pass by.

Hey guys, got word from an insider that a new Direct will be broadcast on February, 09:

Switch Pro is first shown. Its official name is Switch X. And it features 5G support, a Custom Nvidia Tegra X2 chip, Mini-LED display, software exclusive to this model, and stronger Wi-Fi. To be released 2022

F-Zero VR announced, being shown in a video . Available summer, 2022. No more information is given.

Starfox Blast is announced with a video , and slated for release April, 6 2022. A new Direct will showcase more info.

Donkey Kong Counrty Stickerbush Frenzy will be announced with a gameplay trailer . Available spring, 2022. Other games of the series are on the way.

Kirby Battle Festival announced, with few things shown in a gameplay trailer , and slated for release holiday, 2022. Expect more news after the Direct.

Metroid Within makes a surprising appearance in the form of a cinematic teaser , and a release date for summer, 2022. It will feature free content after release.

Mario Kart AR is a new title in the series, announced in a trailer . Release date is not given, tho I have heard it will release Aug, 22 2022. No more information is given.

If we don't get Zelda in the Direct, I'll be happy with a compromise
maxresdefault.jpg

still waiting...

Didn’t get to post until now, busy day, but was very excited when I woke up, saw the announcement, and then the reaction here! Super hyped!!

Let’s go Xenoblade 3! Also going to primarily try to will a new Fortune Street into existence!

I can’t believe this is only the first direct on Fami - seems like this site has been around longer than that!

My Direct predictions:

• Triangle Strategy demo available now!
  • One of either Fire Emblem or Xenoblade (not both) announced.
  • Splatoon 3 trailer/release date, plus a dedicated S3 direct announced.
  • Kirby 30th anniversary stuff.
  • A new IP from EDP.
  • Mario Party Superstars DLC.
  • Direct ends with somewhat meaty Zelda trailer and title drop.

Yeah this make sense tbh.
They can also show BotW2 in the middle of the direct with a very (VERY) long gameplay trailer too.
I mean, tbh the more I think about it the more I think that BotW2 can be a summer title (and so it has to be shown tomorrow, and with a lot of details too)

I'm a '2022 revision' believer :3 and I don't see that hardware hitting until late this year. I also see BotW2 being the most important title to launch with the hardware.

I'd probably take a summer release of the title as confirmation that the hardware plans shifted significantly.

This is what I got:

• Hey guys, got word from an insider that a new Direct will be broadcast on Feb, 09:

• Paper Mario Mega 3D announced, being shown in a long video , and it will be available Q3, 2022. It will feature free content after release.

• Donkey Kong Counrty Gangplank Swing will be announced with a surprise trailer , and it is given a release date of Apr, 22 2022. A new Direct will showcase more info.

• F-Zero ZX announced, with few things shown in a gameplay trailer , and it is given a release date of fall, 2022. DLC and more content is being planned for this title.

• Wario Blast Master of Treasures will be announced with a video , and it is given a release date of spring, 2022. More information is coming.

• Starfox VR is first shown in a video . Release date is not given, tho I have heard it will release summer, 2022. It will feature free content after release.

• Golden Sun 4 is supposedly shown in a long video , with a tentative release of summer, 2022. More information is coming.

• Marvelous for Switch appears in the Direct, with some gameplay form , and it will be available Q3, 2022. DLC and more content is being planned for this title.

• Eternal Darkness 2 is presented with a video , and a release date for Oct, 14 2022. Other games of the series are on the way.

• Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, remaster of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii, is shown in a gameplay trailer , to be released Q3, 2022. A new Direct will showcase more info.

• Xenoblade Chronicles X Remastered, remaster of Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U, is shown in an overview trailer , to be released Aug, 24 2022. No more information is given.

• Kid Icarus Uprising Definitive Edition, remake of Kid Icarus Uprising for the 3DS, is revealed in a trailer , and it will be available October, 4 2022. DLC and more content is being planned for this title.

• Mother 3 is finally coming to the West as Earthbound 2. Release date TBD
Wonder what is the paper gimmick of Paper Mario Mega 3D

Of things that we know about, I most want to see BotW 2, Prime 4, and Mario + Rabbids. I don't expect to see any of them.

Of things that are rumored, I most want to see Xenoblade 3 and the Metroid Prime remake. I'm expecting at least one of them.

Of things that aren't rumored but could reasonably happen, I most want to see the Oracle games in the LA Remake engine or a 3D Mario.

Of pie in the sky dreams, I want Golden Sun 4 or a new Okami.

My prediction is 4 "major" announcements:
Opener - Prime Remake
Midpoint #1 - Fire Emblem Remake
Midpoint #2 - Niche 3rd party game
Closer - Xenoblade 3
Yeah all Directs are structured around 4 big things. I expect it to be:

1. Starts with Metroid Prime Remake
2. Deep dive into Splatoon 3
3. Next Fire Emblem, new or remake, is shown
4. Ends with Xenoblade 3

Does anyone think Nintendo will announce three major core titles? They’ve only done this once in Feb 2019 during Switch era. Opened with MM2. Second to last was a new IP called Astral Chain and finally Links Awakening.

For this scenario let’s say Fire Emblem and Xenoblade will be 2 big game announcements. Fire Emblem starts. Xenoblade would be second to last to make people say “wtf they’re ending with another weeb game. I’m tired of this weeb shit”, Then Koizumi does the “oh wait we have one more title…”
-Fire Emblem Is the opener
- 6/7 minutes deep dice for Splatoon 3 mod Direct
-Mario Sluggers Switch
-Final segment of the Direct like last year for Zelda with SSHD and Botw2 "we know you're patiently waiting news about Metroid Prime 4. The development Is progressing smoothly and we can't wait to share more, but in the meantime a masterpiece celebrate 20 year. Metroid Prime debuted in 2002, and we're proud to annouce Metroid Prime Definitive Edition."
-thanks for watching, but before you go se would like to show you One more thing...

...Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Since no one is saying the obvious.

Direct is mainly focused on games launching in the first half of 2022.

So it'll be A LOT of Kirby.
Some Advance Wars.
Probably some mid-tier game for june or may.
Mario + Rabbids
Triangle Strategy
Lego Star Wars
Chocobo GP
Maybe a slew of indies that we've been missing on. Sports Story, Card Shark etc.
Some new Square projects / remake news

And then probably some Splatoon 3 stuff or other "bigger" things

But there isn't any megatons. It's 2022 first half stuff.

Prediction: This game never release on the Switch but Mihoyo will never come out and say it is cancelled. They will just keep saying that it's coming along until eventually everyone just forgets about it.
Mighty n°9 marketing lessons

What do we think? Tom has hinted at stuff before. Subtle hint or clever joke?

Not only will they delete it, they will brick cartridges with the game on it!
Bruh there is no way we're getting Mario Kart 9 (10?) in this Direct lol. Nintendo is absolutely gonna save that for Switch 2—maybe as a launch title.
This is my take as well. They already pushed the Switch HW with MK8 DX, 1080p, smooth 60fps with great visuals (compared to Wii U's 720p 60 with a frame hitch). They can probably get a bit more out of it and take advantage of the higher memory on Switch for more intricate courses, but honestly tMK8DX is more or less the Mario Kart for Switch.

Mario Kart 9 will be built for the successor platform, maybe if the DLSS 4K rumors are true, it will be 4K DLSS docked. There could well be OG Switch compatability but at this rate they absolutely need to hold some games back for new hardware even if you believe Switch 2 isn't coming until 2024, there won't be a quick turnaround for Mario Kart 10. Same idea behind why I think the next big 3D Mario game could be a launch title.

I'm saying all this of course a day before a direct, so i could be tragically wrong about it all, but my feeling is surprises we get won't be from Nintendo's AAA list franchises. Those are either already announced, like Splat 3 and BOTW2 or will be held back for Switch 2.

Some Advance Wars.
Mario + Rabbids
Triangle Strategy
Lego Star Wars
Chocobo GP
Maybe a slew of indies that we've been missing on. Sports Story, Card Shark etc.

Splatoon 3 was announced in the last February direct. Bayonetta was revealed in the September direct.

Bruh there is no way we're getting Mario Kart 9 (10?) in this Direct lol. Nintendo is absolutely gonna save that for Switch 2—maybe as a launch title.

I felt this way until the Splatoon 3 reveal. All bets are off. If new hardware isn't until 2023/2024 they're gonna release finished games. No point in sitting on stuff.

This is my take as well. They already pushed the Switch HW with MK8 DX, 1080p, smooth 60fps with great visuals (compared to Wii U's 720p 60 with a frame hitch). They can probably get a bit more out of it and take advantage of the higher memory on Switch for more intricate courses, but honestly tMK8DX is more or less the Mario Kart for Switch.

Mario Kart 9 will be built for the successor platform, maybe if the DLSS 4K rumors are true, it will be 4K DLSS docked.

They haven't made a native to Switch Mario Kart game. Who knows how much better it could look. Splatoon 3 already looks a lot nicer than 2.

Prediction: This game never release on the Switch but Mihoyo will never come out and say it is cancelled. They will just keep saying that it's coming along until eventually everyone just forgets about it.
I won't let them forget! this runs on phones!

They haven't made a native to Switch Mario Kart game. Who knows how much better it could look. Splatoon 3 already looks a lot nicer than 2.
I agree, if they were building one from the ground up for Switch we may have gotten a more ambitious MK8, but they've more or less pushed the Switch version with enough enhancements already. Basically doubled the resolution from the Wii U and fixed the frame hiccup. I ground up Switch Mario Kart won't be too far from what we got and may have to settle for 900p to fit in more ambitious elements like bigger tracks allowed by the larger memory pool.

It makes more sense to just hold back for the next platform. It's also very late to launch a new Mario Kart, that game usually arrives early to help push the consoles out. That said, not ruling out cross-gen, but if it's cross gen, we all know the Switch 2 Mario Kart will be featured and the OG Switch will get a 30 fps or 720p 60fps cut down version.

I wished Zippo was super credible. I do agree with him on Bandai having a Mario sports game of some kind coming. He’s been pushing the Mario Kart too (note he hasn’t said it’s going to be announced; waiting for his predictions)

Some Advance Wars.
Mario + Rabbids
Triangle Strategy
Lego Star Wars
Chocobo GP

Every year we do this. Stop.

every.PNG

fucking.png
time.png

Some Advance Wars.
Mario + Rabbids
Triangle Strategy
Lego Star Wars
Chocobo GP

No one's saying the "obvious" because we've done this rodeo before and they literally never stick to their "focus period", especially for the big Direct announcements

Some Advance Wars.
Mario + Rabbids
Triangle Strategy
Lego Star Wars
Chocobo GP

You’re schtick is so old. 🙄

Some Advance Wars.
Mario + Rabbids
Triangle Strategy
Lego Star Wars
Chocobo GP

We're not new to these kind of warnings. 'Mostly' first half of 2022 still leaves room for showing some stuff from later in the year as well, which they'll undoubtably do.

What really gives me pause about this whole Fire Emblem thing is the development timeline.

Three Houses released July 2019, so with a Summer 2022 release we'd be looking at three years development time give or take. If we consider how hard COVID19 hit Nintendo proper, I can't imagine KT wasn't effected at all - they're all likely still affected to some degree. That might knock us down to as few as two years effective development time, no?

What if this is just Three Houses Royal / Golden? Three Houses with new classes, updated visuals, and maybe a shake up of characters and storyline?

Nate's hints:
  1. Not a direct-sequel ✔. Same timeline is not a sequel.
  2. Red & Blue ✔ Blue Lions / Black Eagles (look, everybody considered them to be Red right?)
  3. Returning FE characters ✔ perhaps a focus on just refining Edelgard's and Dimitri's stories
I don't really believe anything I wrote above, but being tied somehow to Fodlan in the same timeline might not be farfetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom