• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for February 9th

How do you think BotW2 will appear in the Direct?

• Long trailer

Votes: 25 5.4%
  • Short trailer with name reveal

Votes: 106 22.7%
  • Short trailer without name reveal

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Brief appearance/recognition

Votes: 124 26.6%
  • No appearance at all

Votes: 183 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even as a fan of Xenoblade 2 combat (not 1's) I'd be super down for a switch to full on action combat. Not sure a turn based system would work but it might be cool to see them try

Nintendo really needs to bring Wart back. He's from a mainline Mario game so it's not like he's off limits. It would be great to have more recurring non-Bowser villains in the Mario series.
Even better: I'd say fully embrace the idea that he's pretty much the first character that was doing crossovers between various video games before it was trendy.

Like this dude originated from a completely original title, that got retrofitted into a Mario game, did a guest stint in a Zelda game (that also was about the main character getting lost in a surreal dreamscape!), and may or may not have a son that is a regular in the Animal Crossing series.

How someone like Sakurai never latched onto him as another interesting curiosity, at the very least, is still beyond me.

KrzFtGJ1RwanQ23OJiHA

Always peeved when twitter users repost fanworks like that, especially without linking to the original creator.

i had seen that original tweet before, i just didn't know how to find it other than searching mario land fan remake on twitter.

Since some people didn't seem to be happy with the prospect of this Direct potentially being for the weeb, I present an alternative:

OOPS! ALL TACTICS
featuring

Triangle Strategy
Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp
Final Fantasy Tactics Remastered
Triforce Tactics
Metal Slug Tactics
Fire Emblem: A Space Odyssey
Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
Pokémon Conquest Remake
Princess Peach's Romance of the Mushroom Kingdoms
Captain Falcon's Ambition
Game and WARio
Star Fox: Galactic Conquest

Feeling excited about this upcoming direct really brings home how disillusioned I was with Nintendo for quite some time there post-Switch launch. 2017 was incredible - insane - but every year from there let me down as the "unified pipeline" failed to produce the amount of software I was hoping for, we got a ton of Wii U ports that I'd already played to death, stylus gameplay was gone forever, and lastly, many of the bigger games disappointed me (but not others).

It was tough being completely against the Nintendo fan vibe - and anyone who was negative during this time was pretty much shouted down so I just disengaged mostly. It was the complete opposite of being a vocal Wii U cheerleader in a much smaller community from 2013 onwards when most people just laughed, but we KNEW the software was incredible if it wasn't tied to inferior hardware. It was (and is) my genuine belief that Nintendo's most recent great golden software era was actually 2013 to 2017 and the Switch basically coasted on that output, or sequels designed around that output ever since. (With exceptions, obviously).

But now, having gotten Metroid Dread and Pokemon Legends Arceus so recently, I finally feel like the Switch fulfilled its potential and I'm satisfied with it and its first party software library. Hell, I'm finally ready to say it's a better 1st party lineup than the Wii U. I don't feel disillusioned any more - and I'm looking forward to the Direct without any expectations (or festering entitlement).

Feels good. Let's see what they've got.

Augh I just realised this starts right at the same time I start work, can’t believe I’m going to miss all those glorious reactions and shitposting with the rest of you.

Final predictions:
  • Fire Emblem Space Wars: Sci-Fi Fire Emblem with real time combat and returning characters. Summer 2022
  • New Super Mario World: 2D Mario game with the 3D World artstyle, expansive levels instead of simply going right, dynamic camera angles akin to Yoshi's Crafted World and Tropical Freeze. June 2022.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3: I dunno much about Xenoblade, so fill in details here. Mechs return I guess. 2022.
  • Paid DLC for Mario Golf and Mario Party Superstars, free with NSO Expansion Pack
  • Goldeneye 007 remaster, free with base NSO. Also coming to Xbox with cross-platform play
  • New trailers for Kirby, Splatoon 3, Advance Wars
  • Demo for Triangle Strategy available after the Direct
  • Batman Arkham Collection, Alan Wake Remastered, Persona 4 Golden, Ace Attorney 7 announced for Switch

Voted "Long Trailer", because it's the only realistic option alongside "Brief Appearance", and the latter's just too boring.

The reason why we're still calling it The Sequel To The Legend To The Zelda To The Breath To The Wild is because the title is likely connected to the game's major innovations/gimmicks/themes/whatevs. Just giving the title away won't happen without making a big deal out of it - else they would've revealed it the previous time I'd wager.

"No Appearance" doesn't seem too likely either. The 2021 Teaser was a "please stop asking until 2022 OK?" stopgap. Doesn't seem too farfetched to think that it's ready for showtime*.

*i know nothing and have been wrong during every Direct post mid-2019 except for 2021

Nintendo don't want to reveal the title because it's actually The Legend of Zelda: the Last Zelda Game Ever, Other Than Re-releases

How the hell did Space Emblem even enter the conversation lol, its not happening.

Also, T-minus 24 hours and some change

Please show rpgs :)

My wishlist

New rpg game (not a sequel)
New Fire Emblem
New Xenoblade
FF I-VI Pixel Remaster

I have a question for those who have played Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity... does it have any major plot point reveal that could be useful in BotW2? Cause I don't like the Hyrule Warriors game at all but I don't want to miss something while playing BotW2. If there is one can someone answer me with it? (in a spoiler tag obv)

Space Emblem is a really fun idea because Nate said there'd be returning characters. That'd be wild.
Just read in other places some people seriously believing this Direct is a reaction to "positive Steam Deck news this week" and I think I took psychic damage.
Didn't even realise there was Steam Deck news this week.

I have a question for those who have played Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity... does it have any major plot point reveal that could be useful in BotW2? Cause I don't like the Hyrule Warriors game at all but I don't want to miss something while playing BotW2. If there is one can someone answer me with it? (in a spoiler tag obv)

Nah.

Whilst there are new elements to Age of Calamity - I highly doubt it has any real relevance to BotW2. It has many story elements that scream "this is not going to be canon."

However if you really are worrying, I'd just watch the cutscenes on Youtube. There's no reason to play a 30+ hour game you probably won't like if you just want to know some story details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom