• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Nintendo Direct announced for February 9th

How do you think BotW2 will appear in the Direct?

• Long trailer

Votes: 25 5.4%
  • Short trailer with name reveal

Votes: 106 22.7%
  • Short trailer without name reveal

Votes: 28 6.0%
  • Brief appearance/recognition

Votes: 124 26.6%
  • No appearance at all

Votes: 183 39.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even Dragon Quest 9?

Blast Corps 2 is a deep cut.
  • Hey guys, got word from an insider that a new Direct will be broadcast on Feb, 09:

• The Legend of Zelda: Sword of the Old, formely known as Breath of the Wild 2, is announced with a gameplay trailer , and it will be available May, 5 2022. Expect more news after the Direct.

• Donkey Kong Country Returns - Treetop Swing is a new upcoming Donkey Kong game, shown in some gameplay form , with a tentative release of Feb, 2 2023. It will feature free content after release.

• Starfox VS , is a new ambitious title, long in development, first appearing in a gameplay trailer , and slated for release autumn, 2022. Exclusive to the Switch Pro.

• Astral Chain 2 is showcased in a surprise trailer . Release date is shown as Nov, 17 2022. No more information is given.

• Pandora's Tower 2 appears in the Direct, with a video , and it will be available spring, 2022. Exclusive to the Switch Pro.

• Kid Icarus for Switch is showcased in a surprise trailer , and it will be available Q4, 2022. More info will be given in an upcoming Direct.

• Wario & Waluigi - Macrotreasures is showcased in a long video , and slated for release Q1, 2022. More information is coming.

• GTA V is coming to Switch. Has exclusive content for the plataform. To be released 2022

• Persona 5 Royal will finally arrive on Sitch. Will have a digital only release. To be released 2022

• Metal Gear Solid 5 Definitive Edition confirmed for a switch release. It uses a special 64GB cartridge. To be released 2022

• Furukawa appears, announcing plans to buy studios to diversify Nintendo's games portfolio.

IIRC, I read a tweet a year or so ago that someone at NOA had been hard at work with editing the content for a direct for a long time. So, even if Japan decides the 1st party games, editing might be done by other parts of Nintendo.
Thanks! That's possible, Japan decides what games will be there and then some parts could by edited by NOA.

Damn, this song slaps.

Just discovered this. Take a listen.

Goes well with the mood of finding out that there's going to be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

Hi, how are you all? Just joined a few minutes ago to this forum after the announcement of the Nintendo Direct.

So, I know it's a loooong shot, but maybe... Golden Sun 1+2 remake?

Super Mario RPG: An Unexpected Goomba
Super Mario RPG: The Desolation of Wart
Super Mario RPG: The Battle of the Two Brothers
giphy.gif

Now let this man dream! Here's 20 things I would like to be featured in the direct.
Hoping for four, Three would be great, Kinda expecting two, One would be a tad dissapointing yes.

In no order:
  1. New Xenoblade Chronicles
  2. BotW 2 gameplay
  3. New 2D Zelda (or a remake of Zelda2)
  4. New mainline Mario 2D or 3D
  5. New Donkey Kong 2D or 3D (rather 2D)
  6. Metroid Prime HD
  7. Chrono Chross Remaster
  8. Silksong
  9. New Punch Out by NLG
  10. Star Tropics 3 by Grezzo
  11. DQ III
  12. Dying Light 2 - Native version
  13. Mario + Rabbids 2
  14. Brand new Layton game (or a collection of the 3DS games)
  15. Pikmin 4
  16. Tokyo RPG Factory game - (yes really)
  17. Bayonetta 3
  18. Skies of Arcadia remake
  19. Astral Chain 2
  20. Captain Toad 2

Probably bullshit......but just in case.
Please post summarizes or screen caps of whatever nonsense people have posted on 4chan. Real or fake I think a lot of us don't want to actually go on that site for any reason.

Super Mario RPG: An Unexpected Goomba
Super Mario RPG: The Desolation of Wart
Super Mario RPG: The Battle of the Two Brothers
Where's

Super Mario RPG: The Fellowship of the Mushroom
Super Mario RPG: The Two Fire Flowers
Super Mario RPG: The Return of the King Koopa

It's funny, really. I actually don't have any crazy hopes/dreams this time around.

Because F-Zero is inevitable anyway.

BOTW 2, Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime (4), Advance Wars Reboot, Kirby Anniversery, Fire Emblem Tellius Remake, Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3, Mario and Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Silksong, Triangle Strategy, Batman Collection, Mass Effect Legendary, Halo Trilogy + Golden Eye Remake.

Bring it on. I take then all ( except 3-4 Switch. You can keep that for your own).

My personal Predictions:
1. The Legend of Zelda: Maker
2. Zelda: Oracle of Seasons Remake and Zelda: Oracle of Ages Remake
3. Astral Chain 2
4. A new exclusive Resident Evil
5. Splatoon 3 Trailer with Release Date
6. Super Mario Odyssey 2

My personal Hopes:
1. @Emily Rogers is right with the Metroid Prime HD Remake
2. A new Trailer for the sequel to Zelda: Breath of the Wild with a Title Reveal and Release Date
3. A new F-Zero will be revealed for the Nintendo Switch
4. A Killer Instinct Port or a Street Fighter Port for the Nintendo Switch
5. Luigi's Mansion 4
6. A new Castlevania for the Nintendo Switch

Gimme that "Desolation of Wart".

While I imagine they will shake up the combat somewhat, this seems like a pipe dream lol

If they really wanted to interest me, they'd cite that Namco x Capcom/Endless Frontier/Project X Zone style combat. Not likely we're going to get anymore of those games, anyway, so that combat might as well live on elsewhere.

Nintendo really needs to bring Wart back. He's from a mainline Mario game so it's not like he's off limits. It would be great to have more recurring non-Bowser villains in the Mario series.

Always peeved when twitter users repost fanworks like that, especially without linking to the original creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom