• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News NieR:Automata The End of YorHa Edition coming to Nintendo Switch on October 6 (UPDATE: reviews are out, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the fuck we don't have Vanquish on Switch yet is beyond me. I'm sure Armature (who did it on PS4 and such) could do it perfectly fine, but honestly I'd rather get the Bayo 1 and 2 Switch team to do it. They did after all just add new subtitles to said ports the other day, so they seemingly can be brought back if needed? However, those were clearly based on their Wii U versions (including Bayo 1), and since Vanquish didn't get a Wii U port, then it wouldn't be as simple maybe.
Bayo 1 was done by Platinum themselves. it's probably easier for them to ask for Bayo 1 ports from Sega since it's an active brand. though I don't think Sega would say no to Vanquish on Switch if Platinum/Nintendo paid for it again

Very excited for this, though it'll be an indeterminate amount of time before I play it.

Vanquish needs to come to Switch next... and then Nintendo should fund a sequel.

I’m so happy the port turned out well. Good job on the developers. Never played the game and after looking more into it it’s just not for me. I will use the money this month on Bayo3.

Reviews made me interested in the game. Just looked it up on eShop was surprised that it has a relatively low price and bought it. Hopefully it is at least a little as good as reviews make it sound.

Last edited:
Can't wait to replay it.
I don't usually double dip on Switch, but it's one of the very best game of the last 10 years, and it's apparently a great port, so it's a must have on Switch.

Seriously, while it did release prior to BOTW, I didn't play it until after I finished BOTW, and it was the only game back then in the month following me finishing Zelda that I was able to play, the only one that didn't make me feel "why am I playing this ? This is so boring in comparison to what I've felt while playing Zelda", Nier Automata is that good.

Can't wait to replay it.
I don't usually double dip on Switch, but it's one of the very best game of the last 10 years, and it's apparently a great port, so it's a must have on Switch.

Seriously, while it did release prior to BOTW, I didn't play it until after I finished BOTW, and it was the only game back then in the month following me finishing Zelda that I was able to play, the only one that didn't make me feel "why am I playing this ? This is so boring in comparison to what I've felt while playing Zelda", Nier Automata is that good.

BotW and Automata was such a one-two punch for me. I played BotW and was like "How long until I will play something even remotely a good as this? Months? Years?"

3 weeks.

My copy arrived today, won't be able to get on it till later this evening (UK time). I might record the first couple of hour and put it up on YouTube if anyone is interested?

Just got home with my copy played through the first 40 minutes or so.

First impressions, very positive! Still getting used to the control/feel but the port is excellent, with a smooth and consistent framerate and much sharper image quality than we usually get from PS4 ports on Switch. Unless the wheels fall off later, Virtuos has hit it out the park with this one, definitely one the best Switch conversions to date.

The game itself is very interesting, I especially like the frequent shifts in gameplay style, cool genre-busting touch.
So far so good!

Beyond excited to play this tomorrow. When it was first announced back in 2015 for PS4 I remember getting the news texted to me by my brother while I was at work. A new Nier game developed by Platinum. Holy fucking shit. I almost dropped my phone.

Bought it on PS4, bought it on Xbox One, and now on Switch. Just an absolutely god-tier experience from start to finish.

Hey all.

It's amazing to see how much interest and enthusiasm there's been surrounding NieR on the board.

As it's now October 6th, (here, at least) midnight unlocks and pre-order packages should start to roll out, and we're moving the discussion to the ST.

See you there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom