• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Sports NFL |ST| Offseason

Now to watch his offense flourish at another team, confirming that Sirianni is indeed the problem.

Would be a Certified Eagles Moment™ for sure

Looks like we're getting an Eminem + Taylor Swift Superbowl.

Edit: I may have spoken too soon, lol.

Last edited:
That might be the biggest bailout play I’ve ever seen

49ers winning + Purdy looking bad is best case scenario as a spiteful Packers fan lol

Even the most generous of Purdy fans can’t be gaslighting themselves into thinking he’s having a good game. He’s incredibly lucky he doesn’t have two INTs right now.

I don’t even dislike the guy, I think he’s a good QB. But he has not had a great playoff run, and he’s benefiting a ton from the rest of the roster.

Even the most generous of Purdy fans can’t be gaslighting themselves into thinking he’s having a good game. He’s incredibly lucky he doesn’t have two INTs right now.

I don’t even dislike the guy, I think he’s a good QB. But he has not had a great playoff run, and he’s benefiting a ton from the rest of the roster.
It hasn't been a great game for him.

I just think it's funny that this seventh round pick gets so over analyzed for every bad decision. Why does every game have to be a referendum on Purdy? He's a kid in a man's game. He looked awesome all season and he's having a harder time now. Lamar has been the same, and still is!

Coaching malpractice by Dan Campbell. Not kicking that FG to make it a three score game changed the momentum of the entire game.

He's a lucky guy that's all I'll say. I wish I could be in his place and get carried to a ring too
I mean I know this is a sweet diss but the GOAT was basically identical in his first postseason. He's young with a lot of potential. Is he Brady? No. But there's a heck of a lot worse than him in this league past and present.

Losing by 3 after you took 6 points off the board from going for it on 4th. Dumbass.

We can point to the drops, but not taking the easy points against the 49ers of all teams is all-time bad.

The NFC is so insanely soft right now if a team like the Lions could even make it this far to begin with. Not surprised by this outcome at all, but the Niners have also yet to beat any elite teams with actual NFL quarterbacks playing for them this season. Still an absolutely insanely boring Super Bow matchup for sure. I will not be watching for sure.

Losing by 3 after you took 6 points off the board from going for it on 4th. Dumbass.

We can point to the drops, but not taking the easy points against the 49ers of all teams is all-time bad.
He’ll say he has no regrets, just like that tattoo meme.

There’s aggressive and then there’s psychotic.

It’s a fine line.

Painfully Lions-esque.
Yep.

Tons of people trying to be supportive and say that they'll be back, but it's hard to even make the playoffs. Dan Campbell has to re-evaluate his (overly) aggressive coaching style, hit on his coordinator replacement (Ben Johnson is gone, let's be real), and their FO has to hit on their draft picks to shore up that defense. All while playing with a first place schedule and having actual expectations next season. They were playing with house money getting all the way to the NFCCG. The expectation now is to get back there.

we're all swifties now

seriously-side-eye.gif

I would feel very uneasy if I were a Lions fan. They're almost guaranteed to lose their star OC to either Washington/Seattle - the man that managed to make a guy like Jared Goff look competent again. And they're going to give him a massive contract extension. The Jared Goff that not even Sean McVay wanted anything to do with anymore. They won't win that division again.

100%. I like Brock Purdy and think it's a good story, but I don't want that sorry ass team winning the Bowl.

Also because I think winning another ring starts to put Andy Reid among the GOAT coaches and I'm a blatant homer.
I wish my sorry ass team was built like the Niners.

-The Lions' aggression directly them games this year.

-Neither field goal was a gimme; both were far enough out to be in the low 70% range in terms of league-wide success rate.

-The Niners played a prevent defense because they were up 10 and wanted to chew clock; that last drive looks very different if they actually needed to stop the TD.

Is it possible the Lions win if they kick it both times? Yes, but it's not a given, not even close. Detroit stuck to their guns and it didn't work, it is what it is. Analytics also agreed with both decisions but no one wants to hear that.

The biggest coaching blunder of the game was the 3rd and goal run with no play ready to go on 4th down.

I would feel very uneasy if I were a Lions fan. They're almost guaranteed to lose their star OC to either Washington/Seattle - the man that managed to make a guy like Jared Goff look competent again. And they're going to give him a massive contract extension. The Jared Goff that not even Sean McVay wanted anything to do with anymore. They won't win that division again.
Goff is a better player in Detroit than he was in LA where he made the Superbowl with a lethal passing attack. Campbell is also heavily involved with the scheme, they're not gonna lose a ton of continuity with Johnson's departure.

Detroit will be fine.

-The Lions' aggression directly them games this year.

-Neither field goal was a gimme; both were far enough out to be in the low 70% range in terms of league-wide success rate.

-The Niners played a prevent defense because they were up 10 and wanted to chew clock; that last drive looks very different if they actually needed to stop the TD.

Is it possible the Lions win if they kick it both times? Yes, but it's not a given, not even close. Detroit stuck to their guns and it didn't work, it is what it is. Analytics also agreed with both decisions but no one wants to hear that.

The biggest coaching blunder of the game was the 3rd and goal run with no play ready to go on 4th down.

Goff is a better player in Detroit than he was in LA where he made the Superbowl with a lethal passing attack. Campbell is also heavily involved with the scheme, they're not gonna lose a ton of continuity with Johnson's departure.

Detroit will be fine.
I cosign most of this but I do disagree with their first fourth down. I'm sure the analytics favor it, but in terms of game flow a failure gives the ball back and makes the Niners feel much more alive. A kick there makes it a three possession game, which Detroit may have also blown.

But yeah I think they'll be fine. They wouldn't even BE there without Campbell.

The Lions made the NFC championship game having no fear and going for it on 4th down. It feels silly to say "could have gone to ot/won if he had kicked" when one could argue "had they made those 4th downs the game is a blow out" or "they make one and they win".

Back
Top Bottom