• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Sports NFL |ST| Offseason

Does he though? He had some bad throws in a downpour and then when it mattered made some fantastic plays. He also put up MVP numbers most of the year, so I think maybe the Packers deserve some credit instead of putting it all on the kid. Their defense played a great game for three quarters, by and large.

Believe me, it would make my life easier if he was bad! I just don't think that's the case.
he throws the ball 5 feet and the guy runs 40, that's where his numbers come from. also missed some wide open throws.

he throws the ball 5 feet and the guy runs 40, that's where his numbers come from. also missed some wide open throws.
But that's how their offense is designed? Like, should he not take open throws to talented receivers? I don't really get this reasoning at all. If it was something anyone could do, then why do so many QBs with talent around them have terrible stats?

I'm not saying he's awesome. I'm not even saying he's great! But he's at least good. The weird hate fixation on him makes no sense to me, especially coming from a Philadelphian. He is a literal Rocky story! Seventh round to the doorstep of the Super Bowl!

I see no reason to dump on a good story because he's not perfect and is surrounded by very good players. But that's just me!

But that's how their offense is designed? Like, should he not take open throws to talented receivers? I don't really get this reasoning at all. If it was something anyone could do, then why do so many QBs with talent around them have terrible stats?

I'm not saying he's awesome. I'm not even saying he's great! But he's at least good. The weird hate fixation on him makes no sense to me, especially coming from a Philadelphian. He is a literal Rocky story! Seventh round to the doorstep of the Super Bowl!

I see no reason to dump on a good story because he's not perfect and is surrounded by very good players. But that's just me!
He's not a rocky story, he's a mediocre corn pone white boy who's put into a spot where anyone would succeed and doesn't always succeed. He way overhyped and tonight shows it.

Their defense played a great game for three quarters, by and large.
You’re overrating the defense there. They were ok, but outside of the front 4 getting pressure wouldn’t call them great by any means. Messy coverage and terrible tackling everywhere.

Purdy stinks in the rain, that’s the main reason why they struggled. If he plays well, the game isn’t close, and the Packers had nothing to do with that.

Does he though? He had some bad throws in a downpour and then when it mattered made some fantastic plays. He also put up MVP numbers most of the year, so I think maybe the Packers deserve some credit instead of putting it all on the kid. Their defense played a great game for three quarters, by and large.

Believe me, it would make my life easier if he was bad! I just don't think that's the case.
He wasn’t good.

Rain is no excuse for missing several easy throws.

He made some plays though but a C game isn’t going to hack it moving forward.

A QB the Rams saved and a QB the Rams tried to kill.

I feel like a proud papa watching his favorite son and his least favorite son fight one another to death. 🥹

He's not a rocky story, he's a mediocre corn pone white boy who's put into a spot where anyone would succeed and doesn't always succeed. He way overhyped and tonight shows it.
I don't know why everyone says this like we haven't seen several other QBs in the Niners' offense. Yes, they played alright too. But the Niners perform at a noticeably higher level with Purdy than without, he's the most consistent QB Shanahan's had since he took the job.

(Also: weapons or not, a ton of QBs would struggle behind that OL. It's Trent Williams and a bunch of nobodies, they're awful.)

Rain is no excuse for missing several easy throws.
It's not, but rain definitely doesn't affect QBs equally. As a Seahawks fan, last night reminded me of how bad the offense got with prime Russell Wilson as soon as it was misty out (ironic for Seattle's QB lol). That's something Purdy needs to work on, but everyone pointing to this game as if that's who he was all season has me confused. He was 7th in completion percentage over expected this season (and 4th in overall completion percentage), his accuracy is decently above average for an NFL starting quarterback. I expect a strong bounce back game from him next week.

I don't know why everyone says this like we haven't seen several other QBs in the Niners' offense. Yes, they played alright too. But the Niners perform at a noticeably higher level with Purdy than without, he's the most consistent QB Shanahan's had since he took the job.
Completely wrong. They were getting to the Superbowl right before Turdy showed up and now they've struggled to get to the NFCC twice.

Completely wrong. They were getting to the Superbowl right before Turdy showed up and now they've struggled to get to the NFCC twice.
I'm just going to warn you that I'm going to relentlessly troll you every time he scores a TD next week.

All I'm gonna say is that @ngpdrew and I are both rival NFCW fans. We see the Niners twice a year. If Purdy was actually overrated, we'd be letting him have it, believe me.

All I'm gonna say is that @ngpdrew and I are both rival NFCW fans. We see the Niners twice a year. If Purdy was actually overrated, we'd be letting him have it, believe me.
We saw him on TV last night and he just barely missed being the first ever 1 seed to blow it against a 7 seed.

Given how terribly this weekend has gone for my rooting interests, I 100% expect the Chiefs to win.

I mean…I’m rooting for the Lions…

BUT

Johnny needs to fell the beast first. Then, fun can be had by all.

That’s what dictates a fake???

In your own territory??
Yeah their defense showed really no ability to stop the chiefs, they had like under 8 minutes left (I think?), had the defense at a disadvantage, I think that's the right call.

You give it back to mahomes and give him a long TD drive and that's basically the game right there. They got really lucky with that fumble touchback but even so a quick score favors them way more than a long drive with a score.

Mahomes is insane, my god. 8-2 in playoff games in which he was trailing by 7 or more points at any time. That's wild.

I want the Chiefs to lose as much as anyone, but god damn are they incredible. AFC just can't get away from being tormented by a GOAT QB.

Back
Top Bottom