• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Mortal Kombat 1 || September 19th, Series/PS5/Switch/PC

yeah glad i skipped this on Switch. I'm still trying to get through so many games so it's pretty far down my list as it is. i hope they fix it to a passable standard but tbh if 11 is any indication i'm not holding my breath.

If anyone wanted to see what the game looked like on a 77โ€ LG OLED TV. Donโ€™t mind my wifeโ€™s workout music in the back.

MK1 just received a 27GB patch on switch right now

I expect that they include the rest of the invasion mode

Just speculating, but anyone think we'll get another significant patch?
It'll take time to fix bigger things. Saber might need to build things from ground up again.

But as of now, it's perfectly playable. Characters are not 1:1 photorealistic as other version and no one should expect this from Switch anyway. loading times are improved and that was all we needed.

It'll take time to fix bigger things. Saber might need to build things from ground up again.

But as of now, it's perfectly playable. Characters are not 1:1 photorealistic as other version and no one should expect this from Switch anyway. loading times are improved and that was all we needed.

It's for sure in a better spot, and honestly, if they just delayed it 1 month, they wouldn't have gotten nearly as much bad press.

there's still a few things I want to see fixed though.

• If the load times could be reduced slightly more, it would be a huge help
  • I'm still getting the stretchy clothing
  • Sindels wig coming off
  • Occasionally reptiles head comes off
  • And I still get some texture issues with the hourglass.

It's for sure in a better spot, and honestly, if they just delayed it 1 month, they wouldn't have gotten nearly as much bad press.

there's still a few things I want to see fixed though.

• If the load times could be reduced slightly more, it would be a huge help
  • I'm still getting the stretchy clothing
  • Sindels wig coming off
  • Occasionally reptiles head comes off
  • And I still get some texture issues with the hourglass.
On the bug report page those problems are under the "in progress" section.

So it is directly confirmed that they are fixing them. In any case, I would expect extra optimizations throughout the DLC releases and in between, when they change the invasions mode and introduce a new season.

On the bug report page those problems are under the "in progress" section.

So it is directly confirmed that they are fixing them. In any case, I would expect extra optimizations throughout the DLC releases and in between, when they change the invasions mode and introduce a new season.

Nice! I'll have to search for the bug report page and see what else is on there

Nice! I'll have to search for the bug report page and see what else is on there
https://mortalkombat1.bugs.wbgames.com/in-progress/

Most bugs are shared between all versions of the game. Here you have the reports page, if you have a bug that worries you you can always put it there to see if WB teams does something to fix it.

The good thing about WBGames is that they are quite open about patches and bugs, and the vast majority of their recent games usually have their own page to report errors, in addition to having a consumer support account via Twitter

Halloween update now avaiable on switch. It comes with upgrades, changes, new content and bug fixes

Last edited:
Dunno if itโ€™s a placebo but I didnโ€™t have any weird graphical issues last night after the latest patch. Besides the loading Iโ€™d say the Switch version is in a decent spot.

Dunno if itโ€™s a placebo but I didnโ€™t have any weird graphical issues last night after the latest patch. Besides the loading Iโ€™d say the Switch version is in a decent spot.
Has the loading been shortened any? Do the characters still have the expressionless doll eyes? What about framerate. I bought the game at launch but returned due to the poor state of it.

Has the loading been shortened any? Do the characters still have the expressionless doll eyes? What about framerate. I bought the game at launch but returned due to the poor state of it.
Yes the loading times are shorter (clearly in comparison with the PS5 and series versions they looked long, but the time was the same as in the MK11 port, now they are shorter)

no, the few characters with animation problems was fixed on the first patch of the game. There hasn't been a problem with that for quite some time.

Yes, framerate is 60fps except on a bug in towers mode (is a general bug of all versions)

They fix everything on the lastests patches.

Hopefully they'll address the loading times with the new Switch patch that will come with dlc. They improved the game a lot since the launch but the loading times still remain as the biggest issue.

Hopefully they'll address the loading times with the new Switch patch that will come with dlc. They improved the game a lot since the launch but the loading times still remain as the biggest issue.
On the other hand, the loading times are the same of the MK11 port, so, i dont expect a big reduction of them.

Edit.
It seems that threads has a bug in famiboards.

Well, the thread posts were that MK1 has a 40% offer on all platforms and in the official thread account they have set the duration period according to the platform.

Last edited:
Threads dead but Iโ€™m pretty impressed with how theyโ€™ve patched this game. Loading times are faster than MK11 at this point and the game doesnโ€™t immediately hitch when you call out a kameo.

They really should have delayed this a few months.

Back
Top Bottom