• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Mortal Kombat 1 || September 19th, Series/PS5/Switch/PC

Yeah, they were rough on 11 too. It got patched, but still remained low framerate. Few specific fatalities chug worse.
The uploaded videos are beyond rough, theyre unfinished. For example, at one point giant pixel blocks appear on Cage’s chest. My guess is the game has a big day 1 patch

Ok that makes me feel a bit better. Game is getting dunked on in the MK leak subreddit but Im convinced it’s not finished
If I remember correctly, the same thing happened with MK11 and it turned out that the leaked physical copy did not have a patch either.

Launch trailer (Shang Tsung, Reiko), Accessibility Options

Visual​

Screen Reader​

Narration for menu items is available. All users are initially guided towards the Text-to-Speech feature on the first launch.

Colorblind Modes​

Colorblind pre-set modes edit user interface (UI) and heads-up display (HUD) elements that might not be accessible to all in their original colors. Presets exist for Protanopia (Green Light), Deuteranopia (Red Light), and Tritanopia (Blue Light). The intensity of the colorblind mode can be adjusted.

Display Settings​

Brightness can be adjusted at any time.

Lowered Health Bars​

Players can lower HUD location of Health Bars through the Options menu, placing them closer to the focal point of the screen.

Descriptive Audio​

Enable descriptive audio narration describing events happening on screen. Supports all Story cinematics, Fatalities, and Fatal Blows.

Extra Audio Feedback​

Users can choose between four presets that toggle additional audio cues for gameplay elements. The volume of these cues can be tweaked individually:

• Distance between Fighters – Adjust the volume of a sound cue that gets faster and quieter as distance increases.
  • Health Meter – Adjust the volume of sounds that play at certain health thresholds. Occurs at 75%, 50%, 25%, and critical health.
  • End of Fight Line – Adjust the volume of audio that plays when a fighter is at the end of an arena.
  • Ducking – Adjust the volume of sounds that play when a character ducks and stands up.
  • Blocking – Adjust the volume of a sound that plays when characters block and stop blocking.
  • Hit Type – Adjust the volume of unique sounds that play for high, mid, low, or overhead hits.

Invasions Mode Navigation Assistance​

When the player arrives at an Invasions mode location, the game will play four sounds corresponding to these directions in sequence – Up, Right, Down, and Left. The status of each direction is represented by the sounds that play when you adjust the volume on this setting. The sounds represent these statuses in sequence – Objective, Available, Locked, No Path.

Auditory​

Separate Volume Controls​

Individual controls are available for users to configure:

• Cinematics – Story cinematics and rendered movies.
  • Music – In-game music.
  • Announcer – Announcer’s voice.
  • Ambience – Ambient sounds.
  • Dialogue – Spoken dialogue.
  • Sound Effects – All sound effects from characters and user interface.
Screen Reader volume can be customized under the Accessibility tab.

Audio Mix Presets​

Quickly set audio categories to values that support increased accessibility or return them to defaults.

• Default – Resets all audio sliders to default values.
  • Light Support – Clarifies gameplay-related audio without altering the primary mix very much.
  • Medium Support – Clarifies gameplay audio significantly and adds mild support through Enhanced Audio Feedback.
  • Heavy Support – Mutes music and ambience and adds all Extra Audio Feedback.

Subtitles​

Users can enable subtitles that support all key dialogue in Story mode as well as supplemental dialogue such as pre-fight dialogue and quips said during gameplay. Subtitles are on by default. Users can also modify the subtitle size.

Detailed Audio Effects
Users can tweak specific VFX noises:

• Hit/Block
  • Fighter Movement
  • Vocalization
  • Gameplay Modifier
  • Special Moves
  • Environmental Detail
  • Fight HUD

Directional Surround Sound​

Players can adjust the audio experience according to the audio hardware that is being used on the first boot and then in the Options menu. Sounds can be set as directional for gameplay via stereo or surround sound setups.

Motor​

Remappable Controls​

All gameplay inputs can be customized and remapped to a different button input. Remapping controls cannot be applied to menu navigation. The four-face button and four-shoulder button controls can be remapped for these inputs:

• Front Punch
  • Back Punch
  • Front Kick
  • Back Kick
  • Throw
  • Block
  • Kameo
  • Flip Stance

Input Shortcuts​

Users can enable Input Shortcuts which lessen the directional precision required for special moves.

Button Shortcuts​

Users can toggle multi-button inputs for single-button moves.

Test Your Might Gameplay Assistance Toggle​

Users can toggle off the requirement for rapid button mashing for Test Your Might segments during Story mode.

Practice​

Tutorials​

Extensive Tutorials are included covering virtually every aspect of the game. All the Tutorials can be re-accessed at user discretion.

Tutorial Demos​

Most tutorial segments provide a demonstration that shows button inputs and timing for practice.

Practice Modes​

A controlled environment where users can learn their fighter’s moveset, with a wide array of customizable behaviors. Fatality practice can also be accessed, with the timer constraint being disabled.

Advanced Communication System
Speech to Text

Voice chat is transcribed into captions on-screen in real-time.

Keyboard to Speech​

All text typed into the chat is narrated allowing for more players to use voice chat without the need of speech.

Note: This feature will be coming to the Nintendo Switch version of the game at a later date.

General​

Settings Tooltips​

All settings are accompanied by tooltips to inform users of what is affected.

Autosaving​

The title includes an autosave feature, which saves progress at key moments during gameplay.

A 30 GB day one patch is shenanigans. That’s practically a digital game without the benefits of actually being a digital game.

This is right but other versions codes should come
Switch ones..not planned it seems
It's strange, anyway the analyzes at this point don't have enough time to reach the launch.

It is quite strange what has happened with the reviews of this game.

In a few hours we will be able to see gameplays of the people who have bought the deluxe edition, with the day 1 patch applied.

It's strange, anyway the analyzes at this point don't have enough time to reach the launch.

It is quite strange what has happened with the reviews of this game.

In a few hours we will be able to see gameplays of the people who have bought the deluxe edition, with the day 1 patch applied.

92 on Opencritic right now

I would not expect many, if any Switch version reviews at the lifting of the embargo.

They diatributed review keys for other consoles exactly 8h ago, it is a 100GB download

I wonder how much other outlets have played it before posting a score..

Still no Switch codes from what I know

It surely seems better than what the complete lack of Switch revuew codes pushed me to think about it

Cassie, Kung Jin, Jade, Noob, Cyrax, Sektor, Ghostface, Conan the Barbarian, Harumi and possibly Sareena and the T-1000 have all had intro dialogue datamined for them (or partial dialogues for Conan, Ghostface and the T-1000)

Cassie, Kung Jin, Jade, Noob, Cyrax, Sektor, Ghostface, Conan the Barbarian, Harumi and possibly Sareena and the T-1000 have all had intro dialogue datamined for them (or partial dialogues for Conan, Ghostface and the T-1000)
A good selection

scorpion Harumi or Kuai Lang's Harumi? 🤔

pronably the latter lol
I'd guess that since the Invasion intro suggests Harumi's death is a fixed thing in most timelines, but... I guess there's an infinite number of timelines now so they can just do whatever they want.

I'd guess that since the Invasion intro suggests Harumi's death is a fixed thing in most timelines, but... I guess there's an infinite number of timelines now so they can just do whatever they want.
main timeline Harumi is still alive, so it's probably her

After having been able to play the real version of MK1 on Switch with the patch, I can only say that a large part of those screenshots and criticisms on the internet are trolls and liars, they are using images of a version without any patch.

Here I share a few screenshots i made of the game patched in portable mode.

F6ZYbQBbgAAz07G

F6ZYbQWa8AAmWhW
F6ZYtJkboAAvDka
F6ZYtJBaEAAaEMe
F6ZY393bUAEALwb
F6ZZAV4aoAAIdeh
F6ZZAVwbcAAlzHW
F6ZZAVybMAA0xp_
F6ZZAVXaUAAF5ti

and like MK11, the game runs at 60fps in kombats, having some drops only in intros and fatalities.

After having been able to play the real version of MK1 on Switch with the patch, I can only say that a large part of those screenshots and criticisms on the internet are trolls and liars, they are using images of a version without any patch.

I'm also playing right now and game looks exceptionally good on Switch. Much crispier than MK11.

The problem people on the net are having is that the other versions look much much better in comparison. And it's NOT a fair comparison as they are two generations ahead.

The menu lag needs to be patched though.

I'm also playing right now and game looks exceptionally good on Switch. Much crispier than MK11.

The problem people on the net are having is that the other versions look much much better in comparison. And it's NOT a fair comparison as they are two generations ahead.

The menu lag needs to be patched though.
He adds that on top of that, many are believing that the meme images that trolls post are the real game on Switch, and they are not.

And yes, they should improve the menu, it would be appreciated.

I only had time to play a few versus matches before work but it looks comparable to 11, I'm sure it will get some optimatzions here and there to fix things up. Biggest issue is the prematch load times.

Well I’ve finally played through the story mode. I’m honestly liking how the new timeline is turning out but I can’t help but feel the story mode here is a little weaker than in past games or at least it doesn’t feel quite as impactful. Still it was a good time

F6ZYbQBbgAAz07G

F6ZYbQWa8AAmWhW
F6ZYtJkboAAvDka
F6ZYtJBaEAAaEMe
F6ZY393bUAEALwb
F6ZZAV4aoAAIdeh
F6ZZAVwbcAAlzHW
F6ZZAVybMAA0xp_
F6ZZAVXaUAAF5ti

and like MK11, the game runs at 60fps in kombats, having some drops only in intros and fatalities.

Yeah I feel like I’m being gaslit at points. That ign review has comparisons footage and none of the switch portions have textures loaded in

There are things that need to be fixed about the game, but I’d rather major website be honest with their criticisms

Afaik the story mode goes, this might be my favorite? Coin flip between this and MK9, but it's the first in ages I've really enjoyed an MK story mode, especially with how messy 11 and especially Aftermath were.

Letting guys like Reptile and Baraka, along with a number of 3D era guys, have the spotlight was a great idea.

Finished the story mode last night. As someone who plays MK only for the story I was pretty satisfied even if the ending was a little low key.

The lead up though. Oh my god I was having the time of my life.

It mostly never a good sign for a game if gameplay isn’t shown for a version before release. MK11 was bad enough. They should have jus waited for an enhanced or definitive edition that would launch with the next switch. An update isn’t going to save this game.

Back
Top Bottom