• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Mortal Kombat 1 || September 19th, Series/PS5/Switch/PC

wonder if there is any incentive to move from UE3 if the engine has been tweaked so much that it might as well be a new one entirely.
Certainly doesn't look like a huge leap visually compared to MK 11 at a first glance but the latter was already a great looking game so it's not a diss or anything.

MK and Virtua Fighter are the only fighting games I’ve ever gotten into, and only one is still around, so maybe I should check this out! Got nothing going on for games in September

Pretty good video from Maximillian Dood discussing the game with Justin Wong (and some other friends of his).

Very optimistic from both, especially since they both vocally disliked MK11

Tanya and Li-Mei look super amazing!!!
I can't wait to play this game. Probably gonna rent it very near launch to play the story. On Switch, which I'm very curious to see how it looks.

I'm just here for the inevitable MK11 Switch vs MK1 Switch comparisons.

But also, goddamn that was a great trailer. They've been knocking it outta the park since the reveal!

Reptile looks better than he ever did. Human version super unique instead of just a Greek ninja, reptile version being a flat out komodo dragon on steroids, damn.

Ashrah turning into an angel for her fatality 🛐🛐🛐🛐.

The PS2 era returning characters all look super fresh and I loved all the redesigns.

Can't wait to play this game(will play the Switch version btw).

That trailer makes me feel like they're going to treat Reptile with respect, but they can't fool me, he's gonna job immediately.

back of the box is seemingly out

this further confirms the leak

F3IcOrtWwAAdEUF

That laugh at the end. Is Mara Junot returning? I thought she did a great job in Aftermath (despite the number NetherRealm did to her character arc).

Mildly disappointed that Sindel has a new face model only because I like consistency between games. Not as a bad as Resident Evil, still not great though.

Shao Kahn with horns is going to take some getting used to.

Nice to see Motaro and Shujinko.

Really curious to see how this runs on Switch. MK11, even with some obvious drawbacks, is still impressive. I do expect Switch 2 to get its own version(maybe a deluxe) as well.

She sounds better than Rousey, and isn't a violent bigot like Rousey, so I'm fine with this.

Nitara was my favorite 3D era character after Kenshi (because everyone love Kenshi). It’s a shame it took this long for her to return especially after jobbing so hard in the reboot movie.

I need to hear more of Megan Fox before critiquing her performance. I don’t think she’s a particularly good actress (though Jennifer’s Body is thoroughly underrated). Then again, the same can be said of Kelly Hu yet she was great as D’Vorah.

Is the rumor about Switch version being horrible reliable?
And...for many also MK11 Switch version was horrible, whil after some patch I think it was enjoyable

Yeah it's from the guy who leaked the rosters

Do you think it will be similar to MK11 or worst? Or the guy would have defined also MK11 as bad?
It's true it also described as bad the cut scenes/intro not the actual gameplay, defined as pretty decent even if blurry

Do you think it will be similar to MK11 or worst? Or the guy would have defined also MK11 as bad?
It's true it also described as bad the cut scenes/intro not the actual gameplay, defined as pretty decent even if blurry
No idea. This is also pre-day one patch, so that might help a bit

Is the rumor about Switch version being horrible reliable?
And...for many also MK11 Switch version was horrible, whil after some patch I think it was enjoyable
The rumor says that the gameplay is fluid, that the only problem was in the story cinematics that had certain problems.

Did it? Looks on par with 11 to me. It also has smooth (almost) 60 fps gameplay while cinematics, especially fatalities are a little chugging.
the problem is on the CGI cinematics of the history mode. Not in the ingame parts.

Although there is a video of those cinematics and they did not work badly. I think he just put it in to get attention.

Fatalities are being uploaded to the Mortal Kombat leaks subreddit, and they look pretty rough on the switch.

Back
Top Bottom