• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope |ST| Super Mario + Rabbids Galaxy

Weird, I went back to the 1st world and did all the quests but my completion rate is at 99%. Is there something there that unlocks later in the game? I swear I did everything and bought all items from the shop.

Also, was anyone able to clear the quest Secret of the Cave in the 2nd world? I go to the cave where the marker is but I can't find the secret.

EDIT: I just discovered what's up with the 99% completion rate. You need to do the Secret Room twice, with the second run being a timed challenge that has a weapon skin as a reward.

Last edited:
Anybody got tips for Brothers in Arms?
You know, the one where Mario and Luigi have to get past a ton of wolf snipers and pig dudes?

I'm playing on Challenging, so it's pretty... well, challenging

Hell yeah I have a tip for you. Exit the battle, and re-enter it. The level design with shuffle.

You know, the one where Mario and Luigi have to get past a ton of wolf snipers and pig dudes?

POW blocks and luck

I'm still fairly early on but I feel like a lot of the Darkmess Portal fights (like that one) feel less designed than most fights in the first game. The fact that they're pseudo-random in their layout and enemy placement makes them feel a bit looser in a way I don't think I prefer

Anybody else notice Edge's weapon doesn't work against Darkmess? I tried using it on one of those "eliminate the eyes" missions and it didn't touch them.

Got the game for my birthday, so yey, got Gold Edition
Will start it now
There better be Bwahs, or I will be upset

Weird, I went back to the 1st world and did all the quests but my completion rate is at 99%. Is there something there that unlocks later in the game? I swear I did everything and bought all items from the shop.

Also, was anyone able to clear the quest Secret of the Cave in the 2nd world? I go to the cave where the marker is but I can't find the secret.

EDIT: I just discovered what's up with the 99% completion rate. You need to do the Secret Room twice, with the second run being a timed challenge that has a weapon skin as a reward.
Thank you! I had the same 99% thing and couldn't figure out what I had missed.

Why does this game have to be so damn easy??
I love the art. I love the mechanics. I love 95% of things in it.
But there is like zero challenge. Zero. sigh
I dunno lol, some of the quest battles can be hard as fuck on hard mode.

Put the game on demanding. Trust me. It's kicking my ass.

It is interesting
The game is pretty wonky in a lot of ways. The animations vary from being super nicely animated and smooth, to jankingly switching between eachother. Stuff bugs out a little at times. Just general wonkyness.
But
In a way, I do kinda like that.
in a day and age where so much in gaming is demanded to be 'perfect' or 'realistic' and junk, I do not actually mind some wonkyness, it makes a game feel game-y, which is a good thing I think. Stuff like The Last of Us is nice and all, I like the attention to detail in those, but it can be refreshing to to play games that shows it is indeed a game and does not need to be 100% perfect to be super fun and charming.
Rabbid Luigi can never be forgiven tho

Maybe it was mostly the camera angle, but there was something about the way the world was designed in the first game that really evoked SMRPG to me back in 2017.

And perhaps it's just me, but now this game is giving so much Kingdom Hearts 1 energy. Moreso than it gives Mario Galaxy energy quite frankly.

Weird? Yeah a little... but you know what? It works imo.

Anyways, I'm really enjoying this game. I got to my first Depleter(?) battle last night and boy howdy they absolutely tore me a new one lol. There is such a palpable mood shift when you think you are all set, with your little well balanced, tried and true team/spark set up, and then suddenly one of your Heroes just gets obliterated. The sweat... the panic... the humility!

I'm not mad. :ROFLMAO:

Also I Just want to give a shout out to that hedge maze music. You know what I'm talking about. Love it when a game does that sort of thing.

Also Also, between this and Origami King, what is it with Mario games lately and having amazing Autumn themed worlds? Now this is a trend I can seriously get behind.

Wait are you seriously complaining about no challenge while you're not playing on Hard Mode....

I’ve gotten wiped out a lot on hard mode and I’m barely halfway through the second world. One slip up can easily get a character destroyed in a single turn. I’ve had to restart several battles

This would be my GOTY if Tunic didn't come out this year. Goddamn this whole year has been nuts.

Wait are you seriously complaining about no challenge while you're not playing on Hard Mode....
I am playing on hard mode, but I haven't had like a decent challenge yet. Xcom and Phoenix Point have ruined me apparently when I look the answers here.

I am playing on hard mode, but I haven't had like a decent challenge yet. Xcom and Phoenix Point have ruined me apparently when I look the answers here.
Then you're just really good at tactics games. A lot of these challenges are kicking my ass on hard mode.

Just had my game crash for the first time. I was in the first world's secret area for round 2, and an enemy started a battle with me right as I ran out of time.

Has anyone else had weird UI bugs? My UI has gotten stuck multiple times as of world 4 and force me to do a hard restart often losing some progress.

This game is really good, I'm not that far in to the game but so far I've loved everything they changed up with the game compared to the original. I hope this isnt the end of the road for the franchise. Because this is ambitious and I hope it does really well.

My only real complaint is that the performance leave a little to desire. It's not that bad or even a big deal, but still noticable at times.

Go into stats and dump Mario's, then run up his Hero Sight stats as far as you can take them.

Mario is a beast at this point in the game if you run as many points into Hero Sight as you can.

Has anyone else had weird UI bugs? My UI has gotten stuck multiple times as of world 4 and force me to do a hard restart often losing some progress.
I am 20 hours in and haven't had any UI bugs.

I did have one in a Secret Area, which forced me to exit the area through the menu and start it again, though.

Yeah I have no idea how to reach that.
I found out the answer to that one. If you want to know...

It's in the cave that is shown by the marker, the one with the pipes and moveable blocks. There is a secret wall on the second level of the cave on the bottom left.

Last edited:
Okay seriously I haven't put this game down since I started it. I'm on the fourth world. I actually think this has improved on the first game in just about every way. Might be my goty

Fully completed worlds 1 and 2, and I am currently doing the 4th planet. There are some spectacularly brilliant battles in this game.

I forgot my Sparks but first attempt was with Mario, Bowser, and Rabbid Rosalina. Second attempt was Mario, Bowser, and Luigi. I think what was hurting me was Rabbid Rosalina being pretty short ranged unlike Luigi.
Nice. Your winning team was actually the exact team I was trying before I changed lol.
I swapped Luigi for Mario so he and Bowser could hit more eyes per turn.

All of the music in World 4 is utterly divine. Absolutely god-tier.

The overworld music is perfect, and the battle themes are soooo gooood.
Whoever composed them loves their major 9 chords.

All of the music in World 4 is utterly divine. Absolutely god-tier.

The overworld music is perfect, and the battle themes are soooo gooood.
Whoever composed them loves their major 9 chords.
Yeah the music for World 4 is fabulous, especially the battle music. We know from interviews that Ubisoft allocated the planets to two of the composers primarly, it seems like World 4's was mainly done by Yoko Shimomura and Gareth Coker.

Yearning to Bloom | Yoko Shimomura

Fight Songs From the Flower Planet | Gareth Coker

Sights and Scents of Terra Flora | Yoko Shimomura

Spout Forth | Gareth Coker

I don't think this was supposed to happen. Lol

LMAO, I also broke the game but a bit more drastically...

Davide Soliani actually ended up sending me a direct message apologising for the glitch and hoped it didn't bother me but I told him it was totally fine and didn't bother me at all.

Just beat/100%'d the game, I liked it but I still think Kingdom Battle is the better game imo. OST was superb throughout and I thought the battle system was fun overall (although I enjoyed Kingdom Battle's slightly more), really glad they tried something new with the world exploration and battle system at least.

Back
Top Bottom