• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope |ST| Super Mario + Rabbids Galaxy

Ooohhh myyyy god...the Yoko Shimomura battle soundtracks are pure blisssss!

This game is full of charm and passion. I freaking love it.

But I have issue...why on earth do the Rabbids talk?? That took me be surprise lol.

What exactly do you gain by logging in to ubisoft connect? I messed around with it for 5 mins creating an account, being told I already had one, then not remembering the password, before giving up lol.

Soundtrack has now officially been uploaded to YouTube.

Metagalactic Marauders has been stuck in my head for a while now since I've started playing.

Last edited:
Briefly started this tonight and barely landed on the first world. That weird imposter Mario game feeling is strong and refreshed right off the bat especially with the world design and menus, but Iā€™m intrigued by the changes to the battle system and enjoyed the tutorial fights. I only learned earlier today the rabbids talk now and after playing I appreciate they have a lore reason for that lol.

Biggest disappointment is learning by looking at the back of the box they cut multiplayer entirely. It wasnā€™t extensive, but I still have a lot of fond memories playing the first gameā€™s co-op mode with friends since it worked with split joy cons.

Other weird thing:

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Regardless, looking forward to playing more soon.

I played a bit into the first big area of the game, and I really like what they've done with the exploration.

I do wish they gave us actual Amiibo for this one.
or at least another big cool Collector's Edition.
I know people tend to complain about big box stuff, but as a big collector, it is always fun (and hell, since space) to put up another big box version on mah shelves.
I am very surprised there was none for this game, Ubisoft LOVES bit CEs

Played around 1 hour and it is great. Really polished experience with a ton of love and care poured into it, you can feel it. Also so many improvements upon the first game. The only downside is it makes me crave for a new mainline Mario lol

On a side note, this game launch got me a bit sad about the state of the Nintendo community on forums. Between the 2 pages of this thread and the no OT at all on Era...the engagement for most nintendo subjects (outside of directs, controversies and a few IP like Zelda) collapsed so much in a rather short time.

On a side note, this game launch got me a bit sad about the state of the Nintendo community on forums. Between the 2 pages of this thread and the no OT at all on Era...the engagement for most nintendo subjects (outside of directs, controversies and a few IP like Zelda) collapsed so much in a rather short time.
Eh, I think it's literally just this game that has a low level of engagement

Most other Nintendo releases this year (Xenoblade 3, Splatoon, Kirby, Bayo even discounting the controversy) had pretty healthy discussion on both sites

Still, I will agree that the low level of engagement does feel unusual, at least for me, because as far as I am concerned this is one of the biggest Switch releases of the year. If not the biggest. Plus, it's a Mario game. I know it has gameplay that is unusual for the character, but it is Mario. And that's usually a pretty big deal.

Finally was able to play this last night.

The game is real good.

Like, I am especially impressed with how much bigger they went in scope and how much of the formula they were willing to change up entirely for what could have easily just been a by the numbers follow up to a hit first game.

And yes the music is absolutely divine so far. Entering a battle feels so exciting now, it's great.

I'm playing on hard and only was able to do about 2 and a half hours so far, but I was glued to the game for the duration and can't wait to jump back in tonight.

Played around 1 hour and it is great. Really polished experience with a ton of love and care poured into it, you can feel it. Also so many improvements upon the first game. The only downside is it makes me crave for a new mainline Mario lol

It has been a weird year. Nintendo has put out a lot of games this year but they're all fairly...niche in their own ways. The biggest were probably Arceus and Kirby so far, but for the rest...

Switch Sports isn't going to spark much discussion online.
Strikers wasn't super well received.
Three Hopes is a musou, which has a limited audience.
Xenoblade is a growing franchise but has limited mass appeal.
Splatoon 3 is huge, but I feel like online-focused games usually don't generate a ton of discussion around here.
Mario + Rabbids just came out, so maybe more will jump in, but strategy isn't the biggest genre. It's a spinoff.
Bayonetta 3 is also more of a hardcore/niche experience.

It's also Ubisoft. Like, I want this game for sure, and I'll play it, but why should I buy it now (when I'm busy anyway) when it'll be half-price in a few months and probably $20 in a year?

It has been a weird year. Nintendo has put out a lot of games this year but they're all fairly...niche in their own ways.
If all the games you mentionned are niche in their own way, then maybe it is gaming forums that are niche :)

Splatoon 3 is huge, but I feel like online-focused games usually don't generate a ton of discussion around here.
Not to keep the conversation on meta topics over Mario + Rabbids itself, but all things considered, Splatoon 3 discussion post-launch has been pretty healthy on Fami. A 49 page ST, that's the third highest game-specific one, only behind Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass (which also talks about Tour) and Xenoblade 3 (which is a Fami darling). Given how long the game is gonna go on for, it has a lot of life left in it.

...so, uh, still gotta beat Kingdom Battle, but I hope everyone is enjoying Sparks of Hope so far! Tempted to listen to all of the Shimomura tracks but I'll hold off for now.

They really got a bigger budget for this one, you can tell.

I hope this game kills it because honestly, I like it way better than XCOM. The movement options alone made it more interesting since you had creativity in how you got across a map. Now this one is adding interesting weaponry on top of that.

I also unironically love Rabbid Peach.

Iā€™ll definitely be more involved in this thread once I start playing, just wonā€™t be able to start for a week and a half or so.

Can anyone confirm if the packaging for the gold edition is different?

GameStop sent me the gold edition and steel book but I think they sent me the standard edition. There is no gold edition label on the packaging.

I definitely paid gold edition price, I can tell you that šŸ˜…

Edit: looking at people posting their copies on Twitter, they definitely sent me the wrong edition. UGH. And the gold edition is sold out, so not sure what my options are

Last edited:
Regarding the engagement of the community for this game, I think it's a unique situation for it rather than a trend. There's been good discussion this year for 1st party with games like Arceus, Kirby, Xenoblade, Splatoon, and Mario Kart DLC.

I do think news generates more discussion here, but on my own part I've trended towards discord more lately to talk about games I've been playing. (I discussed Splatoon 3 almost entirely on discord while playing it, and I've posted a huge number of messages talking about all aspects of the game) I do think the OT for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet will be pretty active, but Bayonetta 3 maybe not since it's a more niche title and a shorter experience.

I think the reputation of Kingdom Battle due to Ubisoft's ridiculous price cuts is really why there's been so little engagement from the Nintendo community for Sparks of Hope. People I've spoken to on discord managed to convince me to wait for a sale since there's tons of other games this fall coming out to keep me busy that won't get a discount.

Last edited:
I just don't think this community is into Western SRPGs. I would guess that if a big game is coming out that people really want to play, they play it without waiting for a sale, IMO.

Just reached the third area and loving the game. A step up from KB (which was great also), and can't really fault it from a gameplay/exploration perspective.

I just wish it wasn't a rabbids game. Everything about that branding is so juvenille and unappealing.

Last edited:
Finished the first area today and I believe I just left one sidequest undone over there. The exploration component is top-notch for a game of this kind, and there is a lot of polished content here.

I feel the battles that are triggered by bumping onto enemies out in the open can get a bit tiresome if you are doing the optional stuff. However, even discounting those and only considering the battles that are part of the critical path and the unique battles that happen as part of sidequests, this is a much meatier package than the original. And most of it is very good strategy stuff.

Also, now that I have gotten used to the new movement options, I have been doing some incredibly satisfying stunts. Although I don't usually play games on hard, I have been having a blast on hard mode thanks to how it forces you to be creative.

Hard mode really has been a blast. I'm fighting the final boss of the second world and there have been some seriously memorable battles and moments within those battles.

Loving the game so far! An absolute blast. There is one thing I am uncertain of though - does dashing the enemies in the overworld actually serve a purpose? I know that it causes a battle to start but is there any advantage gained by doing this as opposed to letting them hit you first? I am curious about this but haven't noticed any difference between the two.

Hard mode really has been a blast. I'm fighting the final boss of the second world and there have been some seriously memorable battles and moments within those battles.
I just beat that boss. It was pretty great. Now I am off to doing the sidequests I ended up leaving behind.

Loving the game so far! An absolute blast. There is one thing I am uncertain of though - does dashing the enemies in the overworld actually serve a purpose? I know that it causes a battle to start but is there any advantage gained by doing this as opposed to letting them hit you first? I am curious about this but haven't noticed any difference between the two.
I don't think there is any advantage. At first I thought it was like Paper Mario, but then I noticed that dashing the enemy and being dashed by them seem to lead to the same result.

They got rid of secondary weapons, didn't they?

I'm able to go to the second hub now, but I've seen neither hide nor hair of the little RC cars or what have you

They got rid of secondary weapons, didn't they?

I'm able to go to the second hub now, but I've seen neither hide nor hair of the little RC cars or what have you
You mean the lil turtle guys? I've been finding a ton of them. But then again I like to explore every nook and cranny

You mean the lil turtle guys? I've been finding a ton of them. But then again I like to explore every nook and cranny
Ah, no, sorry, I was being unclear. I mean things like Mario's Hammer or Rabbid Peach and Luigi's sentries from the first game

Just caught up on the reviews, happy to hear this turned out great! I have been on a horror game run for October, but I will definitely be picking this up once November hits.

I have seen some conflicting opinions on the major changes made with battle flow and exploration. I am really excited to try those elements out. I thought after the Donkey Kong DLC that the formula for the first game became a tiny bit stale. So I am optimistic it will help with the usual Ubisoft sequel slump.

For those that played through the first game and are currently playing Sparks of Hope, how are the changes so far?

I actually really like the way they've put some effort into abstracting away the grid from the battle scenario, while still making it an entirely grid-based tactics game.

Game is good. Iā€™m on world 2 now. I do like the changes to the battle system. Only have 3 minor gripes.

1. Instead of your character special having a mini cutscene I wish it was just animated like using the sparks. It would be a lot faster and it gets annoying skipping the cutscene every time.

2. Turn off the voice acting. I dunno, itā€™s just not doing it for me.

3. Am I missing something but can you not cycle to another character in the hero menu when you select an option? For example, if Iā€™m spending points on the skill tree I canā€™t just tap a shoulder button or the dpad to move from Mario to Peach. I always have to back out and then select another hero to spend skill tree points.

Game is good. Iā€™m on world 2 now. I do like the changes to the battle system. Only have 3 minor gripes.

1. Instead of your character special having a mini cutscene I wish it was just animated like using the sparks. It would be a lot faster and it gets annoying skipping the cutscene every time.

3. Am I missing something but can you not cycle to another character in the hero menu when you select an option? For example, if Iā€™m spending points on the skill tree I canā€™t just tap a shoulder button or the dpad to move from Mario to Peach. I always have to back out and then select another hero to spend skill tree points.
For points one and two, these are things you can do in the options. You can turn off technique cutscenes altogether, and (I believe) you can turn down the voice acting to 0, though I don't know if it's possible to turn off Beep-O's dialogue by itself

Other weird thing:

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Happened to me to with the Cosmic Edition of the game, maybe it's just a bug of sort because I cant imagine this being correct..
Oh shit, is this still happening?? I hadnā€™t redeemed my download code that came with my Cosmic Edition yetā€¦ When I go to the screen to redeem it on the eShop now, though, it says itā€™s just for the Galactic Prestige Bundle as youā€™d exceptā€¦ So did I miss out by not redeeming it early enough, or did it say the same when yaā€™ll redeemed yours too but then ended up being more than just the Galactic Prestige stuff in-game? Havenā€™t actually redeemed it yet because Iā€™m not sure if I should hold off on it and give it to someone else or what, because I was planning to get the season pass eventually as well and didnā€™t realize that the Galactic Prestige Bundle also came with the season passā€¦

EDIT: Hereā€™s what it shows when I go to redeem it:
YMzr8CU.jpeg
If thereā€™s a chance Iā€™ll get the whole season pass by redeeming this then I wanna do it, but otherwise I want to hold off on it in case Iā€™m gonna give it to a friend or something, so if anyone else has redeemed the Cosmic Edition download code and had it erroneously give you the full season pass please let me know what it said as you were redeeming it on the eShop like this!

Last edited:
Oh shit, is this still happening?? I hadnā€™t redeemed my download code that came with my Cosmic Edition yetā€¦ When I go to the screen to redeem it on the eShop now, though, it says itā€™s just for the Galactic Prestige Bundle as youā€™d exceptā€¦ So did I miss out by not redeeming it early enough, or did it say the same when yaā€™ll redeemed yours too but then ended up being more than just the Galactic Prestige stuff in-game? Havenā€™t actually redeemed it yet because Iā€™m not sure if I should hold off on it and give it to someone else or what, because I was planning to get the season pass eventually as well and didnā€™t realize that the Galactic Prestige Bundle also came with the season passā€¦
I wasnā€™t able to find any update on it the day it came out from light googling / Twitter searching aside from another forum post elsewhere claiming it happened to them too. Been a few days now, worth poking around again. Big fear is I donā€™t actually own it despite what the eshop says.

Quoted by: Tye
I wasnā€™t able to find any update on it the day it came out from light googling / Twitter searching aside from another forum post elsewhere claiming it happened to them too. Been a few days now, worth poking around again. Big fear is I donā€™t actually own it despite what the eshop says.
Did it say that it was giving you the Season Pass instead of just the Galactic Prestige Bundle when you were redeeming it from the eShop, or did it just say the Galactic Prestige Bundle (like it does in the photo I added to my post above) but still seemingly gave you the Season Pass regardless? If you remember, that is. ā€˜Cause if it said the same for you as it does for me, Iā€™ll probably redeem it and see what happens, but if you remember it specifically saying that it was giving you the Season Pass when you were redeeming it, then Iā€™m gonna assume that means that they fixed whatever the issue was and that wonā€™t happen for me if I redeem my code now.

Did it say that it was giving you the Season Pass instead of just the Galactic Prestige Bundle when you were redeeming it from the eShop, or did it just say the Galactic Prestige Bundle (like it does in the photo I added to my post above) but still seemingly gave you the Season Pass regardless? If you remember, that is. ā€˜Cause if it said the same for you as it does for me, Iā€™ll probably redeem it and see what happens, but if you remember it specifically saying that it was giving you the Season Pass when you were redeeming it, then Iā€™m gonna assume that means that they fixed whatever the issue was and that wonā€™t happen for me if I redeem my code now.
I didnā€™t see anything about the season pass when I went to claim it. The gamble is save $30 or run into a headache later. Hope we win out!

I didnā€™t see anything about the season pass when I went to claim it. The gamble is save $30 or run into a headache later. Hope we win out!
Hmmā€¦ Now that you say that, Iā€™m worried that redeeming it might fuck things up and make it unable to purchase the season pass for us if it doesnā€™t actually give us it. .-. What to do, what to doā€¦lol.

1. You can turn off the mini cutscenes so it happens exactly like using the sparks

2. You can turn down the voice actung

3. You can cycle to other characters on the skill tree menu, use the d-pad left and right when you don't have a tree selected.

The menu system looks a little clunky, but once you know how everything works it's pretty easy to do everything quickly.

So, uh, bad news about the Cosmic Editionā€¦

This is what it normally looks like when youā€™ve purchased a DLC bundle that still has DLC packs that havenā€™t released yet:
(Note that even on the unreleased DLC packs, it still says ā€œPurchasedā€ for me.)

ā€¦And this is what the page for the Sparks of Hope Season Pass looks like after I redeemed my code for the Cosmic Edition:
(No ā€œPurchasedā€ for the other contents of the Season Passā€¦)

So not only do I clearly not own the rest of the Season Pass, but Iā€™m unable to purchase it now, tooā€¦ So uh, did Ubisoft just screw over everyone who bought the Cosmic Edition?? Like, there has to be a way around this surely, rightā€¦? Iā€™m honestly really worried about this now. Is there even something that Nintendo or Ubisoft can do about this??

It reminds me of the situation with the two Fighters Pass bundles for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and how it locks you out of purchasing them at all if youā€™ve purchased any of the content of the pass separatelyā€”so, buying any DLC fighters besides Piranha Plant individually. And while you can still just purchase the rest of the DLC fighters individually as well and miss out on saving a few bucks with the bundle, you are completely locked out of the Rex or Ancient Soldier Gear Mii Fighter outfits since those are exclusive to their respective Fighters Pass bundles, which isnā€™t cool at all, and as far as Iā€™m aware thereā€™s still no way to obtain them now if you purchased some of the DLC fighters individually.

But this is even worse than being locked out of a couple Mii outfits, since itā€™s essentially the opposite situationā€”rather than being locked out of the relatively minor bonus content, itā€™s the entire main content of the Season Pass, including the Rayman DLC, that weā€™re locked out of, and all for redeeming a code for some minor bonus content. How the fuck is this even allowed?? I really hope there will be a way around this once the first DLC pack releasesā€¦ =/

So yeah, @xghost777 and @Mbolibombo, unfortunately you do not own the Season Pass; it only says ā€œPurchasedā€ because you own part of itā€”but the rest of it isnā€™t owned and, like me, youā€™re presumably locked out of purchasing the rest. And rather than being an error, it just seems to be how the eShop handles situations like this, since the same was true with the Smash Bros. DLC that I mentioned above.

Last edited:
The game never tells you how to get the coins out of those spirals on the ground. I figured that one out by accident.

As everyone's saying, playing this on the highest difficulty level is the right way to go. I'm on to World 2 after finishing every quest on the first world.

I do miss the roving exploder cars, though. It was nice to have a way to divert your enemies' shots.

The game never tells you how to get the coins out of those spirals on the ground. I figured that one out by accident.

As everyone's saying, playing this on the highest difficulty level is the right way to go. I'm on to World 2 after finishing every quest on the first world.

I do miss the roving exploder cars, though. It was nice to have a way to divert your enemies' shots.
God, I miss the sentries. I miss the secondary weapons in general, though outside of that I have no real complaints about the combat system so far

How do you get the coins out of the spirals? Do you... wait, do you have to spin in place? I did that with Luigi once, just spinning the stick

God, I miss the sentries. I miss the secondary weapons in general, though outside of that I have no real complaints about the combat system so far

How do you get the coins out of the spirals? Do you... wait, do you have to spin in place? I did that with Luigi once, just spinning the stick
Yeah, you do a little circle in the area and the coins pop out.

So, uh, bad news about the Cosmic Editionā€¦

This is what it normally looks like when youā€™ve purchased a DLC bundle that still has DLC packs that havenā€™t released yet:

(Note that even on the unreleased DLC packs, it still says ā€œPurchasedā€ for me.)

ā€¦And this is what the page for the Sparks of Hope Season Pass looks like after I redeemed my code for the Cosmic Edition:

(No ā€œPurchasedā€ for the other contents of the Season Passā€¦)

So not only do I clearly not own the rest of the Season Pass, but Iā€™m unable to purchase it now, tooā€¦ So uh, did Ubisoft just screw over everyone who bought the Cosmic Edition?? Like, there has to be a way around this surely, rightā€¦? Iā€™m honestly really worried about this now. Is there even something that Nintendo or Ubisoft can do about this??

It reminds me of the situation with the two Fighters Pass bundles for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and how it locks you out of purchasing them at all if youā€™ve purchased any of the content of the pass separatelyā€”so, buying any DLC fighters besides Piranha Plant individually. And while you can still just purchase the rest of the DLC fighters individually as well and miss out on saving a few bucks with the bundle, you are completely locked out of the Rex or Ancient Soldier Gear Mii Fighter outfits since those are exclusive to their respective Fighters Pass bundles, which isnā€™t cool at all, and as far as Iā€™m aware thereā€™s still no way to obtain them now if you purchased some of the DLC fighters individually.

But this is even worse than being locked out of a couple Mii outfits, since itā€™s essentially the opposite situationā€”rather than being locked out of the relatively minor bonus content, itā€™s the entire main content of the Season Pass, including the Rayman DLC, that weā€™re locked out of, and all for redeeming a code for some minor bonus content. How the fuck is this even allowed?? I really hope there will be a way around this once the first DLC pack releasesā€¦ =/

So yeah, @xghost777 and @Mbolibombo, unfortunately you do not own the Season Pass; it only says ā€œPurchasedā€ because you own part of itā€”but the rest of it isnā€™t owned and, like me, youā€™re presumably locked out of purchasing the rest. And rather than being an error, it just seems to be how the eShop handles situations like this, since the same was true with the Smash Bros. DLC that I mentioned above.
Thanks and sorry for biting the bullet on this and getting to the bottom of it. I did not know at all where to look beyond the eshop page. When the season pass content rolls out, maybe Iā€™ll call Nintendo customer service depending on the cost of the individual items. If the three non-cosmic gear items together cost $30 hopefully itā€™ll just be a non-issue at that point. What a frustrating thing in the meantime to have to worry about.

Thanks and sorry for biting the bullet on this and getting to the bottom of it. I did not know at all where to look beyond the eshop page. When the season pass content rolls out, maybe Iā€™ll call Nintendo customer service depending on the cost of the individual items. If the three non-cosmic gear items together cost $30 hopefully itā€™ll just be a non-issue at that point. What a frustrating thing in the meantime to have to worry about.
Itā€™s all good, Iā€™m just upset at Ubisoft for the whole situation. I was already kind of regretting getting the Cosmic Edition before this (itā€™s got worse box art and apparently it was pointless to buy that version anyway since the Season Pass contains the same content), but even more so now after this whole mess. =/ But yeah, I guess if they end up letting you buy the DLC packs individually outside of the Season Pass then it might be a non-issue, though itā€™d suck if itā€™s more expensive that way (or if the Season Pass goes on sale but the individual DLC packs donā€™t).

Back
Top Bottom