• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Mario Party Superstars - Pre-release Discussion + Hype Thread

Which of the five boards are you most excited for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get dlc boards I hope we get 4 more boards added. Mario Party 3 to get 2 boards and one more for MP1 and MP2. Each will then have 3 boards apiece (I’m greedy though and I’ll take every board remade 😈)

Lol this one play through I watched they accumulated over 400 coins between all the players in 15 turns. My goodness.
It's not the worst if I'm going to be honest. I say this as someone who is very good at Mario Party and typically reached over 100 coins in a game. My thing that I will look at is how many players will reach 100 coins and where does it tend to max out. I very rarely hit 150 coins in a 20-turn game but it would happen from time to time. It was also somewhat rare for 2 people to have 100 coins at the same time. I'd say 500 coins in 20 turns is excessive. 400 is high but not too bad. Granted you said it was in 15 turns but still haha.

lHXwXd.gif

If we get dlc boards I hope we get 4 more boards added. Mario Party 3 to get 2 boards and one more for MP1 and MP2. Each will then have 3 boards apiece (I’m greedy though and I’ll take every board remade 😈)

I would love to have every board even if it took a full year of continuous updates. I know that probably isn't feasible though.

Most wanted in this order:
  • Eternal Star (MP1)
  • Bowser's Magna Mountain (MP1) or Bowser's Land (MP2)
  • Chilly Waters (MP3)
  • Western Land (MP2)
  • Waluigi's Island (MP3)
  • DK's Jungle Adventure (MP1)
  • Luigi's Engine Room (MP1)
  • Deep Blooper Sea (MP3)
  • Mystery Land (MP2)
  • Wario's Battle Canyon (MP1)
  • Creepy Cavern (MP3)
  • Spiny Desert (MP3)
  • Pirate Land (MP2)
  • Mario's Rainbow Castle (MP1)
I'd take anything we get though.

I would love to have every board even if it took a full year of continuous updates. I know that probably isn't feasible though.

Most wanted in this order:
  • Eternal Star (MP1)
  • Bowser's Magna Mountain (MP1) or Bowser's Land (MP2)
  • Chilly Waters (MP3)
  • Western Land (MP2)
  • Waluigi's Island (MP3)
  • DK's Jungle Adventure (MP1)
  • Luigi's Engine Room (MP1)
  • Deep Blooper Sea (MP3)
  • Mystery Land (MP2)
  • Wario's Battle Canyon (MP1)
  • Creepy Cavern (MP3)
  • Spiny Desert (MP3)
  • Pirate Land (MP2)
  • Mario's Rainbow Castle (MP1)
I'd take anything we get though.
No hidden sixth bowser board stings… but it also feels like something Nintendo would add as a free update a few weeks after release to boost engagement these days

No hidden sixth bowser board stings… but it also feels like something Nintendo would add as a free update a few weeks after release to boost engagement these days

Yea, a Bowser level feels like a requirement for this game.

I think one of the Bowser boards, one of the Desert boards, and Chilly Waters make the most sense for getting some themes unique to what is already here. But I can see either one of the Wario Bros. Boards making it too.

I really just want them all, even the ones I hate.

Lol I ain't that fair. It's so much more fun to see people flip out at how unfair it is to see someone get some stars at the end 🤣
I mean I’m not a killjoy. I will swap it to the original 3 bonus stars only tho
Target preorders have been pretty bad this year due to FedEx delays. I’ve gotten games two to three weeks after the ship dates.
I got Dread the monday after release and I was a state over from the hub so not too bad. But it’s been a mess and release day is a separate charge too

0sax5ekh5w811.jpg

Less than 24 hours remain until the game releases, everybody. I just wanted to say what a great and wild ride it's been speculating and waiting for this game to come out, and even more so with a great community like Famiboards! Later today I'll have try to have the ST up and we can move the conversation over there :)

Still amazing how Nintendo manages to keep the file size low.
All below (24.5GB) fit on the OG internal storage:
  • Mario Party Superstars - 2.8 GB
  • Super Mario Party - 2.8GB
  • Super Mario 3D Wörld + Bowser's Fury - 2.9 GB
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 2.5GB
  • Super Mario Maker 2 - 3.1 GB
  • Super Mario 3D All-Stars - 4.9GB
  • Super Mario Odyssey - 5.6GB

Still amazing how Nintendo manages to keep the file size low.
All below (24.5GB) fit on the OG internal storage:
  • Mario Party Superstars - 2.8 GB
  • Super Mario Party - 2.8GB
  • Super Mario 3D Wörld + Bowser's Fury - 2.9 GB
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 2.5GB
  • Super Mario Maker 2 - 3.1 GB
  • Super Mario 3D All-Stars - 4.9GB
  • Super Mario Odyssey - 5.6GB

Call of Duty campaigns are bigger than all of those combined.

There's only one thing that's missing for me, being able to customise the list of mini-games during board play like in MP4. So that I can turn off the stick rotating bs and the boring counting mini-games lol.

Does this support online matchmaking with random players or is it online friends only? Also, when playing online, can I have guests on my switch (like me + wife on one switch versus others on their own switch)?

Does this support online matchmaking with random players or is it online friends only? Also, when playing online, can I have guests on my switch (like me + wife on one switch versus others on their own switch)?
This game does support random matchmaking online, as well as with friends. And up to three players can play on one system online, so yes, you and your wife will be able to match up with two random players online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom