• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Mario Party Superstars - Pre-release Discussion + Hype Thread

Which of the five boards are you most excited for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stingylettuce

Octorok
Pronouns
He/Him
H2x1_NSwitch_MarioPartySuperStars.jpg

Official website
Official website [JP]
eShop page

A blast from parties' past! A collection of 100 minigames from the Nintendo 64 games and GameCube games return, plus more! The fun doesn't stop there, as 5 classic boards are returning exclusively from the Nintendo 64 Mario Party games!
  • Release Date: 29th October 2021
  • Developer: NDcube Co., Ltd.
  • Publisher: Nintendo
  • Platform: Nintendo Switch
ALL CONFIRMED 100 MINIGAMES:
Mario Party
4 Player
Mushroom Mix-up
Cast Aways
Hammer Drop
Face Lift
Tipsy Tourney
Shy Guy Says
Crazy Cutters
Bombs Away
2 vs. 2
Bobsled Run
Handcar Havoc
1 vs. 3
Piranha's Pursuit
Tug o' War

Mario Party 2
4 Player
Sneak 'n' Snore
Roll Call
Bowser's Big Blast
Slot Car Derby
Mecha-Marathon
Tread Carefully
Hot Rope Jump
Bumper Balls
Honeycomb Havoc
Bumper Balloon Cars
Dizzy Dancing
2 vs. 2
Cake Factory
Speed Hockey
Balloon Burst
Sky Pilots
Dungeon Dash
1 vs. 3
Look Away
Quicksand Cache
Archer-ival
Item
Hammer Slammer

Mario Party 3
4 Player
Rockin' Raceway
Storm Chasers
Parasol Plummet
Messy Memory
Ice Risk Rink
Mario's Puzzle Party
Chip Shot Challenge
Cheep Cheep Chase
Bounce 'n' Trounce
Mush Pit
Snowball Summit
2 vs. 2
Puddle Paddle
Etch 'n' Catch
Picking Panic
Eatsa Pizza
1 vs. 3
River Raiders
Tidal Toss
Boulder Ball
Spotlight Swim
Hide and Sneak
Coconut Conk
Duel
Tick Tock Hop
Vine With Me
Motor Rooter

Item
Bobbing Bow-loons

Mario Party 4
4 Player
Paths of Peril
Trace Race
Booksquirm
2 vs. 2
Beach Volley Folley
Dungeon Duos
Reverse-a-Bomb
1 vs. 3
Money Belts
GOOOOOOOAL!!

Mario Party 5
4 Player
Coney Island
Night Light Fright
Bill Blasters
Later Skater
Dinger Derby
Pushy Penguins
Leaf Leap
2 vs. 2
Ice Hockey
1 vs. 3
Squared Away
Tube It or Lose It

Mario Party 6
4 Player
Dark 'n Crispy
Trap Ease Artist
X-Ray Payday
Pit Boss
What Goes Up...
Catch You Letter
Snow Whirled
2 vs. 2
Burnstile
Rocky Road
Cashapult
Duel
Mass Meteor
Block Star

Mario Party 7
4 Player
The Final Countdown
Monty's Revenge
Pokey Pummel
1 vs. 3
Pogo-a-Go-Go
Duel
Stick and Spin
Spin Doctor

Mario Party 8
2 vs. 2
Winner or Dinner
Paint Misbehavin'

Mario Party 9
4 Player
Goomba Spotting
Manor of Escape
2 vs. 2
Shell Soccer
1 vs. 3
Tackle Takedown

Mario Party 10
4 Player
Flash Forward
Rapid River Race
1 vs. 3
Skewer Scurry

BOARDS:
Peach's Birthday Cake [Mario Party]
mv_01.jpg

Space Land [Mario Party 2]
mv_02.jpg

Woody's Woods [Mario Party 3]
mv_03.jpg

Yoshi's Tropical Island [Mario Party]
mv_04.jpg

Horror Land [Mario Party 2]
mv_05.jpg

TRAILERS AND GAMEPLAY VIDEOS:

SCREENSHOTS:
mario-party-superstars-characters-mini-games-boards.jpg

mario-party-superstars-rolling-dice.jpg

mario-party-superstars-jp-minigame-4.jpg

mario-party-superstars-jp-minigame-6.jpg

mario-party-superstars-jp-minigame-25.jpg

mario-party-superstars-jp-minigame-54.jpg

mario-party-superstars-jp-minigame-64.jpg

Courtesy of Mario Party Legacy for the images above

Who's hyped?

Last edited:
I’m so excited for this. Might be my most hype game of any game coming. It’s time to PARTAYYYY

I’m most excited for Horror Land, but I can’t wait to play all of them.

I’m hoping with confirmation of the Mushroom Village back we’ll get to buy a new board (Waluigi’s Island maybe or something from Mario Party 3).

Last edited:
I still believe in a hidden sixth board(and probably more characters both in the item shop). If not some dlc as well

Also would love if board options from one were back, random dice would be awesome to have back

I'm really looking forward to this. I didn't buy Super Mario Party since a friend of mine bought it and we always played it at his house, but I'm planning to play this new one with some people through Discord so that's gonna be a lot of fun. Sad that it's just for 4 players though.

Awwww yes! My most anticipated game of this year, I am a huge Mario Party fan.
Seeing the old rulesets, minigames, classic sound effects and remade music does things to me. Oct 29th can't come soon enough!

Outside of Metroid, there is no other game coming out for the rest of this year that I am more excited for. There is going to be so much nostalgia with this package for me.

So what we thinking is in the hub world item shop? Other than stickers obviously. I’m thinking an extra board or two could be in there. Feels like an obvious place for additional characters too, we’ve only seen the base roster so far, there’s usually 4 or so unlockables. Perhaps we’ll get board options like MP1 with randomly generated dice(random odds of getting a high, low, odd, even and boosted), boo trigger, etc

Outside of Metroid, there is no other game coming out for the rest of this year that I am more excited for. There is going to be so much nostalgia with this package for me.
Yeah, for me as well. I think the original two Mario Party games are basically my most played N64 games in total- even more than Mario Kart 64. Countless of days and nights have been spent competing with friends and laughing at each others failures. For some reason I didn't like the third as much, though I never actually managed to put my finger on what exactly was bothering me.
Can't wait to relieve all those memories, lol. As for the boards, I'm most excited for Yoshi's Tropical Island. Always loved the theme, the music and the way you could basically block poorer players to pass the bridges. And they did a great job remaking the board! It looks awesome. :)

Very excited for this. Mario Party is my favorite kusoge. I can't wait to get unreasonably upset with friends when some bullshit happens (random Star Blocks can go to hell!), this time online.

So what we thinking is in the hub world item shop? Other than stickers obviously. I’m thinking an extra board or two could be in there. Feels like an obvious place for additional characters too, we’ve only seen the base roster so far, there’s usually 4 or so unlockables. Perhaps we’ll get board options like MP1 with randomly generated dice(random odds of getting a high, low, odd, even and boosted), boo trigger, etc
I assume the Master CPU difficulty would be something you purchase like usual, but I really am curious about what other unlockables there are; before the overview trailer there wasn't even any indication of anything being unlockable, so who knows.

I was thinking considering how many coins this game wants to give away I think there will be a lot of unlockables to purchase including one board, characters, stickers, etc.

I used to regularly break out my Nintendo 64, but I don't really have a good way of hooking it up to the TVs I often play Mario Party on now. Pumped to be able to revisit these boards/minigames; I know the N64 minigames well enough to play with explanation screens off, which really speeds things up.

I think at this point I'm mainly curious if the changes and lack of boards will be enough cause for me to still play the originals from time to time. Nothing quite replicates the board variety of 3 or the downright meanness of the original.

Wishful thinking, but I definitely would like to see an extra board as well. It is strange to have 2 boards from MP1 and MP2, but only 1 board from MP3; of course, unlockable characters as well, as I see some strange spacing in the characters photo they shown off already. Another thing I hope is the ability to switch to the original soundtracks. In the Japanese introductory trailer, the og music for Yoshi’s Tropical Island was playing rather than the remix, so maybe that’s an option.

So so so hype for this. Still disappointed that Peach's Birthday Cake and Space Land were chosen since those two are straight up my 2 most disliked boards of the trilogy lmao, and even beyond my own taste I think there are many more popular boards than those two, but the other 3 are great choices. Especially Horror Land (even if I personally prefer Western Land, but I think Horror is the overral fan favorite)
Like everyone, I hope for a secret 6th one. I feel like Waluigi's Island would make for a good one. It's a big and special one, perfect for an unlockable board.

I’m very surprised we didn’t get a Bowser board. Considering it being remakes I would’ve thought we would get a Bowser Board. Bowser Land would’ve been great, but we already got 2 boards. That leaves Waluigi Island being the counterpart from MP3.

I’m very surprised we didn’t get a Bowser board. Considering it being remakes I would’ve thought we would get a Bowser Board. Bowser Land would’ve been great, but we already got 2 boards. That leaves Waluigi Island being the counterpart from MP3.
Inb4 both MP1 and 2’s Bowser boards are unlockable but we still don’t have another board from 3

Against better judgement, I really, really hope they'll not only give us one or two unlockable boards, but also release DLC with some new boards, mini games and maybe even additional characters. I NEED Mario's Rainbow Castle, Western Land and Deep Blooper Sea.

I want all the Mario Party 1-3 boards to come. Knowing Nintendo they’ll probably do a Mario Party Superstars 2 that has another 5-6 N64 boards.

Waluigi's Island will be the final unlockable board instead of a Bowser board, because Waluigi is the real villain.

I want all the Mario Party 1-3 boards to come. Knowing Nintendo they’ll probably do a Mario Party Superstars 2 that has another 5-6 N64 boards.
I don't think they will do that, but I'd be okay with that actually. That way we would get more additional content (more boards, more new minigames, new modes) as with any DLC.

I don't think they will do that, but I'd be okay with that actually. That way we would get more additional content (more boards, more new minigames, new modes) as with any DLC.
I just want to get as many MP1-3 boards remade. I’ll take it however it comes.

The official NA website for Mario Party Superstars is now live!
A few things to note while quickly scanning:
-Mario Party 2's "Shell Shocked" has been renamed to "Tread Carefully"
-Mario Party 6's "Money Belt" has been renamed to "X-Ray Payday" (most likely to avoid confusion with Mario Party 4's "Money Belts"
-There are dice blocks hidden within the website that will give you 100 MyNintendo Platinum Coins

The official NA website for Mario Party Superstars is now live!
A few things to note while quickly scanning:
-Mario Party 2's "Shell Shocked" has been renamed to "Tread Carefully"
-Mario Party 6's "Money Belt" has been renamed to "X-Ray Payday" (most likely to avoid confusion with Mario Party 4's "Money Belts"
-There are dice blocks hidden within the website that will give you 100 MyNintendo Platinum Coins
Hunh, probably cause it’s an outdated term for ptsd.

Also the character list is 6 and 4 instead of an even 5 and 5. Points to at least 2 bonus characters to unlock if you ask me

Shell Shocked being renamed is very unexpected, as I thought it was going to be Sneak 'n' Snore that got the treatment. After all, this name was retained in past Mario Party games. I wonder if they would've done the same for Super Mario Party (it has a mode called "Shell Shocked Deluxe") because of this.

Thank you for reading.

Shell Shocked being renamed is very unexpected, as I thought it was going to be Sneak 'n' Snore that got the treatment. After all, this name was retained in past Mario Party games. I wonder if they would've done the same for Super Mario Party (it has a mode called "Shell Shocked Deluxe") because of this.

Thank you for reading.
I mean it’d be odd for it to be an issue after all this time and being in SMP but shell shocked is an outdated term for pstd

Nothing much new. I hope we get a trailer in English discussing the Mushroom Village and what we could buy in the item shop.

Looking at the full list of mini games that we are getting is getting me even more excited. Seriously this is going to be a fun game.

Looking at the full list of mini games that we are getting is getting me even more excited. Seriously this is going to be a fun game.
Yep it’s looking like the first Mario Party I will have tons of fun with in a VERY long time. I enjoyed SMP, but man I’m so happy they did this remake instead of a sequel. These boards are already better than anything they’ve come up with. So many items are back and there’s so much personality with these old school boards.

looking forward to this. As a lover of Mario Party 2 & 3 I hope they will add some post launch content like extra boards. Mt. Mini-games sounds fun as well.

really really excited for this, love the first 5 games.

you know.....i've always wondered why Mario Party 1 and 2 look very different than 3......did they used a different engine or something?
Mario Party 2 basically copied-pasted a lot of minigames from the original, albeit just reskinned. 3 was where they introduced entirely new minigames, plus the theme of a story book/toy box.

Does anyone think there will be a story mode? Speculation is the building Kamek is in front of might be a story mode of some sorts.
I think at the very least there will be some sort of singe player mode in this game. All the Mario Parties had one, even Super Mario Party and The Top 100 with their challenge roads.

I'm super stoked for this game! I'm a little disappointed there isn't much in the way of modes; it really seems like Mario Party and Mt Minigames are the focus here. But I really hope that maybe we'll see some support in the long term, and even if not, the minigames and board selections are great. Being able to suspend games online and even change the number of turns mid-game are such nice QoL additions, too.

I’m glad if there’s not too many modes. I think that hurt SMP. We got the main party mode, Mt Minigame and a possible story mode of some kind. I think that’s good enough.

I just want ND Cube to learn from this to make better new Mario Party games in the future. The minigames they make are very good I will give them that.

I'm so happy to get a Switch Mario Party without motion controls. I really do hope they'll add more boards as DLC down the line, though. It would give the game much longer legs.

I don't mind motion controls, but what I do mind is that single Joy-Cons are the only control scheme that can be used for Super Mario Party. (Touchscreen is only used for a few minigames). That's because this is my weak point, and I am not sure if it's as common of an issue as Joy-Con drift, but the side rails for my Joy-Cons seem to malfunction eventually.

I hope that the Mario Party game after that is not designed specifically for single Joy-Cons.

Thank you for reading.

I'm super stoked for this game! I'm a little disappointed there isn't much in the way of modes; it really seems like Mario Party and Mt Minigames are the focus here. But I really hope that maybe we'll see some support in the long term, and even if not, the minigames and board selections are great. Being able to suspend games online and even change the number of turns mid-game are such nice QoL additions, too.
Well we still don’t know what’s in the shop and yeah there’s definitely a single player mode in the hub we haven’t seen. Thing is Mt Minigame incorporates a few of the normal sidemodes too. It has the sport/puzzle side games(3 or each with additional score attack versions of the puzzle games), solo minigame challenge and a daily mixup challenge.

Also we don’t know what the shop has to unlock other than probably stickers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom