• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Mario Party Superstars - Pre-release Discussion + Hype Thread

Which of the five boards are you most excited for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

New overview trailer dropped. Definitely concerned about the economy in this game. I know it was late game but seeing 2 players have over 100 coins(170 and 131) with another just under 100 with around 80 is enough to make me pause. Also, more than a quarter of the spaces on horror land are lucky spaces. I really just hope we can toggle those spaces off lol. I know we won't but let me hope.

Also slightly disappointed there doesn't seem to be a decathlon like mode.

Something about Mario's render here makes me very happy, its unique

New overview trailer dropped. Definitely concerned about the economy in this game. I know it was late game but seeing 2 players have over 100 coins(170 and 131) with another just under 100 with around 80 is enough to make me pause. Also, more than a quarter of the spaces on horror land are lucky spaces. I really just hope we can toggle those spaces off lol. I know we won't but let me hope.

The economy isn’t going to be good…again. The Lucky Spaces are going to hurt this game for me if there’s not a way to toggle them off or cut them down. I have no issues with Lucky Spaces, but the sheer amount of them is a problem for me.

Looks like we’ll be able to start off with 0 coins based on that YTI clip in it, and we get to change the text speed as well! I am digging these customization options, and as others said, I do hope those lucky spaces are toggleable, or at the very least have an option to tone them down. Also, Wario has the Boo Bell item in his inventory in the Space Land clip, which we knew was confirmed due to the sticker but haven’t seen it yet.

Looks like we’ll be able to start off with 0 coins based on that YTI clip in it, and we get to change the text speed as well! I am digging these customization options, and as others said, I do hope those lucky spaces are toggleable, or at the very least have an option to tone them down. Also, Wario has the Boo Bell item in his inventory in the Space Land clip, which we knew was confirmed due to the sticker but haven’t seen it yet.
Nice, I missed the Boo Bell. The only item I would like to see is the Reverse Mushroom, but I don’t think it’s returning.

Everything about this game does look great though. So many people are hyped for it. I wonder if they’ll show off the item shop or the other buildings in a trailer before the game releases?

They could have an item like MP1. Also with battle spaces are back they could get brutal with the increments

I've always loved the Mario Party games. I want lots of boards and lots of minigames. I actually like how someone in first can quickly become last. The whole criticism that skill doesn't equal wins - it misses the point of the game - which is to embrace the crazy.

The economy isn’t going to be good…again. The Lucky Spaces are going to hurt this game for me if there’s not a way to toggle them off or cut them down. I have no issues with Lucky Spaces, but the sheer amount of them is a problem for me.

Everything about this game does look great though. So many people are hyped for it. I wonder if they’ll show off the item shop or the other buildings in a trailer before the game releases?
Lucky spaces were fine in Super Mario Party. They were rare iirc, which makes their abundance here so weird. I hope in horror land if you land on one it disappears and becomes a regular blue space. I heard that the spaces scale based on your position in the game but still. I also think there may be too many item spaces but we'll see I guess.

I don't think they'll show off the item shop. I have an inkling there is more stuff in there like characters and boards. I think they've only said you can get stickers there but that can't be all, please lol.

Lucky spaces were fine in Super Mario Party. They were rare iirc, which makes their abundance here so weird. I hope in horror land if you land on one it disappears and becomes a regular blue space. I heard that the spaces scale based on your position in the game but still. I also think there may be too many item spaces but we'll see I guess.

I don't think they'll show off the item shop. I have an inkling there is more stuff in there like characters and boards. I think they've only said you can get stickers there but that can't be all, please lol.
Agreed they keep avoiding it(the hub item shop I mean). Characters and boards seem most likely but I wonder if bonus board toggles are back too(random dice, board spot toggles [boo, lucky, etc])

I've always loved the Mario Party games. I want lots of boards and lots of minigames. I actually like how someone in first can quickly become last. The whole criticism that skill doesn't equal wins - it misses the point of the game - which is to embrace the crazy.
I mean I’ve played Mario Party since 1. I know how it works. Chance Time could turn the game all the way around on the final turn.

NDCube made it to where there’s even more random and too much free coins isn’t a good thing. Of course there’s been random since the beginning, but there was more strategy too. That’s why going back to the beginning is a great thing. Just having the old school items compared to whatever they were giving us adds more strategy to the game.

If Every Single Turn I take could land me on a Lucky Space then that’s not a Lucky Space. That’s a Common Space. It should be more sparse to land on a LUCKY Space.

English overview trailer [NA]

Official nintendo upload becuase 😠 GX

In Super Mario Party they also had Unlucky Spaces. Could’ve brought a few of those into this game if they wanted. I hope they don’t talk about the item shop. The secrecy makes me believe there will be characters to unlock and hopefully one board.

Official nintendo upload becuase 😠 GX

Is it bad that I thought this video was from nintendo? To be honest why did Nintendo take 3 hours to upload it lol?
I mean I’ve played Mario Party since 1. I know how it works. Chance Time could turn the game all the way around on the final turn.

NDCube made it to where there’s even more random and too much free coins isn’t a good thing. Of course there’s been random since the beginning, but there was more strategy too. That’s why going back to the beginning is a great thing. Just having the old school items compared to whatever they were giving us adds more strategy to the game.

If Every Single Turn I take could land me on a Lucky Space then that’s not a Lucky Space. That’s a Common Space. It should be more sparse to land on a LUCKY Space.
Same here. Skill used to be a huge part. Super Mario Party took away from that a little bit. I found the games less skill based, but also you get coins when you lose. Like I get it keeps things interesting but when it takes away from winning the minigames. But yeah, as far as I know you could theoretically land on a lucky space every turn in horror and space land. I don't know about the other ones.

But yeah, I love the randomness like whatever Bowser could throw at you or the last 5 turns gimmick or(and especially) chance time. Chance time does randomness the perfect way. It is weird to argue about this because it's like I'm arguing against a more leveled playing field and that seems icky lol.

Is it bad that I thought this video was from nintendo? To be honest why did Nintendo take 3 hours to upload it lol?

Lmao same, when I first saw your post I went to their channel to find it and came up empty. They probably first put it up on the website, then followed up with socials. I found it via twitter since I have notifs on.

NoA has been like one of the last regions putting up new Mario Party trailers. Japan was first, then I saw a bunch of European countries put theirs up.

I know this is off topic and I really apologize, but what the heck is this house?! (Flat?) Is this a crazy commercial house or do some people actually have cool spaces like that in Japan?
QxzylzZ.png

I know this is off topic and I really apologize, but what the heck is this house?! (Flat?) Is this a crazy commercial house or do some people actually have cool spaces like that in Japan?
QxzylzZ.png
I wouldn’t mind living in a place like that. I may not use that climbing wall but my cat would for sure haha

This is the first time I've been so hyped for Mario Party since the 4th one, that's eons ago.

The floating bed is hilarious, smart usage of space, but would be annoying with toilet trips in the middle of the night lol.

I'm really hoping they add a few more boards as DLC/Updates.

Mystery_Land_Map_Overview.png

I know the level gimmick pisses most people off, but I've always loved Mystery Land.

I'm really hoping they add a few more boards as DLC/Updates.

Mystery_Land_Map_Overview.png

I know the level gimmick pisses most people off, but I've always loved Mystery Land.
I mean it has a Dlc warning on the Eshop which could be nothing but it’s also the first time they’ve gone fully for an online mario party

We didn't know this rule about the turn count increase feature before, I think.

W5D7jjn.png

Can only do it once per game; so no endlessly stalling the game I guess. We still don't know the turn count limit either; max we've heard is 30, and that could very well be it, but we'll see.

Huh, interesting. It's like the one clock item from 3 integrated into the options.
Kinda; since the whole thing about the Wacky Watch is that you can either use it to shorten the game by skipping to the start of the last 5 turns, or extend the game by using it within the last 5 turns. This option only seems to do the latter, and it's less a tactical move that forces the game to go your way and more a convenient feature all players will need to agree on

We didn't know this rule about the turn count increase feature before, I think.

W5D7jjn.png

Can only do it once per game; so no endlessly stalling the game I guess. We still don't know the turn count limit either; max we've heard is 30, and that could very well be it, but we'll see.
Good thing too or else my sisters would never let the game end if they’re losing

Just a couple of tweaks and they made Peach’s Birthday Cake way better than its original. They added the shortcut and reversed the direction going to Bowser.

Yes, it’s functionally identical to the Poison Mushroom from Mario Party 3. Limits the dice to only 1-3.

XJhi6X3.png
I wonder if they’ll include the random dice replacement feature from MP where you can toggle it so players will randomly get their dice replaced with what would later be the item dice

QxzylzZ.png

I might be making a very bad assumption here, but isn't that most likely a specifically built set?
Actual houses aren't typically very good for filming, right?

I might be making a very bad assumption here, but isn't that most likely a specifically built set?
Actual houses aren't typically very good for filming, right?
Oh one hundred percent, my question was more if spaces like that actually existed in Japan (and thus modeled after that)

Here's hoping that the Reverse Dice Block (basically like Reverse Mushroom from Mario Party 3) gets a return, because of the strategic possibilities of this item. It is probably likely to be less useful like not being able to pick a junction at a branching path, but it would still be pretty useful.

Thank you for reading.

Here's hoping that the Reverse Dice Block (basically like Reverse Mushroom from Mario Party 3) gets a return, because of the strategic possibilities of this item. It is probably likely to be less useful like not being able to pick a junction at a branching path, but it would still be pretty useful.

Thank you for reading.
I’m worried it won’t be in, but maybe there’s unlockable items and it could be there?

One thing I noticed in the new overview trailer is when the player landed on Piranha Plant on Peach’s Birthday Cake it only took 5 coins. When they played at the Treehouse it took 6 coins. I’m not sure how it works because you spend 5 coins to plant the coin stealing PP.

One thing I noticed in the new overview trailer is when the player landed on Piranha Plant on Peach’s Birthday Cake it only took 5 coins. When they played at the Treehouse it took 6 coins. I’m not sure how it works because you spend 5 coins to plant the coin stealing PP.
Idk why but I thought it takes half your coins lol.

Yeah it’s confusing how it’s calculating how much it takes because it wasn’t half in the Treehouse.
does it go up a coin each time? Seems like a weird mechanic for that board but it's not out of the realm of possibility. Of course they could've changed it since the treehouse

The thing that I only realised much later on is that Mario Party 4 has the same duel setup as Mario Party 2, where every board has a duel minigame themed after them. This is interesting because Mario Party 4 never had any traditional duel minigames (they return in the next game), so I didn't think that the board-themed minigames are that game's duel minigames.

It's a bit of a pity that the Mario characters aren't costumed like the hosts.

Thank you for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom