• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Mario Party Superstars - Pre-release Discussion + Hype Thread

Which of the five boards are you most excited for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not a fan of Deep Blooper Sea. It’s one of my least favorites. I’d want to see Chilly Waters back. I think they could change the ice breaking when 2 people stand on it or don’t make it where there’s a chance you can slide back to the middle.

Hot take perhaps but I'd rather they stay all N64 with the boards if there's any DLC, there's still quite a few great boards that didn't make it in so there's enough for one DLC pack. Obviously this isn't going to have multiple DLC packs like Smash or MK.

The GCN boards went from overly simplistic in 4 to quite incoherent messes IMO. The N64 boards are a perfect mix of challenge and keeping it simple
I also want them to only stay with only N64 boards for any potential DLC but that's solely because the game is structured around the original N64 games and not the GC games, which has boards that I actually like as much or maybe even more than the N64 ones

To be honest, I haven't played Mario Party 3 in almost 20 years. It's always been my least favourite of the N64 entries and I can't even really pin down why that is. I think it has more to do, with the overall feel and theme of the game, not with the mechanics, though. Truth be told, I don't remember that much about the boards and just wanted to be a little facetious, because everyone is asking for Chilly Waters. :p

I really don't have many complaints about the game so far other than the lucky spaces. Maybe not having 50 turn games but that's a small thing really.

I really don't have many complaints about the game so far other than the lucky spaces. Maybe not having 50 turn games but that's a small thing really.

Yeah, from some of the footage I've seen so far there does seem to be too many Lucky Spaces.

Yeah, the Lucky Spaces are a bit too common. They slow down the game too much and it feels too generous. It would be better if they reduced it to only 3 or 4 a map but, bump up what they can give out a bit

Quoted by: Sol
I watched a little bit of one video. The first turn Peach lands on a Lucky Space and gets an Item Bag. She got 3 items on her first turn. I’m like really?? Then you can get so many coins from them. I feel like if you’re going to put that many Lucky Spaces then the items need to costs more money.

Or just have an option to cut the Lucky Spaces in half. There’s way too many.

Yeah, the Lucky Spaces are a bit too common. They slow down the game too much and it feels too generous. It would be better if they reduced it to only 3 or 4 a map but, bump up what they can give out a bit

4-5 per map would result in far better balance. Some players are getting more coins from Lucky Spaces than they are from mini games.

I mean I really don't get it - star prices are back to 20 coins. Great. Yet watching streams yesterday and today I see so many players landing on a Lucky Space in the turn before getting a star, on the same turn, or on the turn just after. The star price effectively becomes 10 coins or less.

2 questions:

Are the shy guy minigames from 3 back and if so....do the MP1 and 2 boards have their own space for it?

Is there a 1v1 duel minigame space in the MP1 and MP2 boards like there was in 3?

2 questions:

Are the shy guy minigames from 3 back and if so....do the MP1 and 2 boards have their own space for it?

Is there a 1v1 duel minigame space in the MP1 and MP2 boards like there was in 3?
Game Guy Spaces unfortunately doesn’t appear in this game, I think due to the notion of gambling. And duels are in this game yes, once the last five turns begin and if a player lands on the same spot as another player, unless you’re talking about the duel mode in MP3, then no that doesn’t return.

It looks like Woody Woods' Action Time didn't have much of a difference from Mario Party 3's (basically you push left or right to choose the fruit you want to pick), so I guess if other Mario Party 3 boards were to make it, it should not be an issue. Maybe Spiny Desert would be the most problematic because it involves jumping over two cacti, though by purposely getting spiked on either, one can manipulate their position.

I'm rather curious on how many turns it's possible to add, because there didn't seem to be any videos that seem to be interested to add this. So for example, if the maximum of 30 turns were chosen, how many turns would be able to be chosen from there?

Not that I would have picked that many turns, but it would be nice to know the potentially highest amount of turns possible from this option.

Thank you for reading.

To be honest, I haven't played Mario Party 3 in almost 20 years. It's always been my least favourite of the N64 entries and I can't even really pin down why that is. I think it has more to do, with the overall feel and theme of the game, not with the mechanics, though. Truth be told, I don't remember that much about the boards and just wanted to be a little facetious, because everyone is asking for Chilly Waters. :p

I get what you mean. MP3's aesthetic was always my least favorite of all the MP games.

Mario Party – 50 minigames
Mario Party 2 – 65 minigames
Mario Party 3 – 71 minigames
Mario Party 4 – 62 minigames
Mario Party 5 – 75 minigames
Mario Party 6 – 82 minigames
Mario Party 7 – 88 minigames
Mario Party 8 – 73 minigames
Mario Party 9 – 81 minigames
Mario Party 10 – 73 minigames
Mario Party-e – 11 minigames
Mario Party Advance – 50 minigames
Mario Party DS – 73 minigames
Mario Party: Island Tour – 81 minigames
Mario Party: Star Rush – 53 minigames
Mario Party: The Top 100 – 100 minigames
Super Mario Party – 84 minigames
Mario party Superstars - 105 minigames

This game looks insanely gorgeous. Is it 60fps as well? It looks very quick and snappy on videos but I can't quite tell.

Shout out to Microsoft Rewards, managed to save up about ~37,000 points, was able to redeem a $35 Amazon gift card which in turn I used to buy a $35 eShop card. In the end, only had to pay $25 for Mario Party Superstars.

Was there any confirmation if you can take off second and third place getting coins from mini games? The one video Nintendo put up showed only first place getting coins.

Nah that doesn’t follow their patterns at all. I’m thinking within 2 weeks for a free update, 2 months for a paid

2 weeks after release for a free content update? What other Nintendo games have received DLC that quickly?

Do you think the game would still be fun with 2 players and 2 CPU or nah ? I'd probably play it with my girlfriend most of the time

Was there any confirmation if you can take off second and third place getting coins from mini games? The one video Nintendo put up showed only first place getting coins.

Unfortunately there's no way to adjust this. Many were also hoping for a way to start with 0 coins because apparently this was shown in a Japanese trailer, but this can't be changed either.

Honestly I would love to see even more granular customization options for games - let us customize the amount of starting coins, the distribution of coins after mini games, the items available from the shops during a match, item prices, the toll price for the bank, etc.

Lol yeah the economy for this game is going to be broken.
Yeah. I try not to harp on it much because I did it a lot for SMP, but stuff is getting handed out like free candy with all these Lucky Spaces, still getting coins on mini games for losing. Item shop prices aren’t high enough. Raise them higher if you’re giving so much out for free.

Yeah. I try not to harp on it much because I did it a lot for SMP, but stuff is getting handed out like free candy with all these Lucky Spaces, still getting coins on mini games for losing. Item shop prices aren’t high enough. Raise them higher if you’re giving so much out for free.

It's so frustrating when they get so much right and then screw up the balance with the economy. :(

Do you think the game would still be fun with 2 players and 2 CPU or nah ? I'd probably play it with my girlfriend most of the time

I'm that guy that can have fun fighting the cpu. In fact I want to play against bots in splatoon 3 (as well as local play). Always online games suck imo.

If they do add DLC boards, I hope it's more than 2.
SMP was so bare bones and came out just months after the Switch launch
Yeah, just a quick 19 months later :p
It was a 2018 game. I don't think rushing it out was a priority.

I’m watching this guy play Peach’s Birthday Cake. It looks like so much fun. The board design is so important for a good Mario Party game. This really isn’t nostalgia talking. I think a lot of people who didn’t play the old Mario Party games will love this game more than SMP.

The animations and expressions of the characters are SO good. Man I love watching this game already. I’m going to watch so many let’s plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom