• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
I do when playing couch co-op with my friend, but it doesn't come up very often online, sadly! I've heard it comes up more as your rank goes up - but I'm on 7000 points and it's still probably about 1 in every 10 races.
I mostly do it on a 200CC tournament these days, so its reliable

The wait continues. Can’t believe we’re gonna be waiting longer for Mario Kart tracks than some Smash characters.

I'm just a little bit sad because I've been looking forward to Mario Kart Booster Course Pass content for a long time, hoping to see it tomorrow, but oh well... Really hope we will get something soon. I can't stand the wait since this is something I've been looking forward to so much.

I'm just a little bit sad because I've been looking forward to Mario Kart Booster Course Pass content for a long time, hoping to see it tomorrow, but oh well... Really hope we will get something soon. I can't stand the wait since this is something I've been looking forward to so much.
Don't despair! A July release for the courses made sense with the timing. We'll get news soon!

I like the new Bangkok Rush track better than Amsterdam Drift. It has a lot of different routes which I like. Also, the trick part with the boats is fun. And we have a new enemy again: those oil Piranha Plants.

Yup, there’s another city track on the banner. Wonder how many more are hiding on there that we haven’t identified yet.

Bangkok is awesome; really can't wait to play this one in 8DX now.

I like that there's a big yellow yoshi chillin on one of those corners lol.

These tour tracks seem to get better and better on release. I'm also looking forward to their addition to MK8D.

Bangkok_8k.jpg

The other routes look pretty nice too! Damn, it's sad that this course will be in wave 5 at it's earliest probably.

Can it also be a possibility that Athens is the last city track and that the Tour tracks that end two cups in wave 2 and 3 are some wrongly placed? It feels weird that we have no other datamines for cities left other than Athens.

I can see it being something like this:
Wave 1: Paris Promenade & Tokyo Blur
Wave 2: London Loop & Los Angeles Laps
Wave 3: New York Minute & Sydney Sprint
Wave 4: Vancouver Velocity & Berlin Byways
Wave 5: Singapore Speedway & Amsterdam Drift
Wave 6: Bangkok Rush & new Athens track
It being one "regular" daytime city track and one night/dusk themed one to spread them out, while also considering how many versions of each track are already available and how long they have been available in Tour at this moment.

The other routes look pretty nice too! Damn, it's sad that this course will be in wave 5 at it's earliest probably.

Can it also be a possibility that Athens is the last city track and that the Tour tracks that end two cups in wave 2 and 3 are some wrongly placed? It feels weird that we have no other datamines for cities left other than Athens.
I feel 12 city tracks, the first in each cup, makes a lot of sense. Boomerang and Feather with the extra two each as the final track could be Remix tracks or include the Yoshi Island Tour from datamining is my guess.

I feel 12 city tracks, the first in each cup, makes a lot of sense. Boomerang and Feather with the extra two each as the final track could be Remix tracks or include the Yoshi Island Tour from datamining is my guess.
I still don't feel like RMX tracks making an appearance actually. I don't know why, I just feel like they want to put the "real" SNES tracks in instead.

(And I would think they are wasted slots, but that is just personal preference)

I'd like to formally apologize to Toad Circuit 3DS, which I criticized a lot when the DLC came out (me and everybody else it seems) but it turns out that it's somehow really fun and endlessly replayable, and judging by how it's always picked online in my lobbies, I'm not the only one thinking it. It also really shines in 200cc.

I'd like to formally apologize to Toad Circuit 3DS, which I criticized a lot when the DLC came out (me and everybody else it seems) but it turns out that it's somehow really fun and endlessly replayable, and judging by how it's always picked online in my lobbies, I'm not the only one thinking it. It also really shines in 200cc.
It's a simple but very effective beginner circuit course.

There was some reference to it before but i've avoided adding it to my datamined course list; but as the Tour update released today added textures confirming what this object is, i'm feeling pretty confident about it now.

There's a Fire Piranha Plant object that should be used on a course soon. There is only one existing Mario Kart course that features Fire Piranha Plants:

MKDS_Mario_Circuit_DS_Intro.png

DS Mario Circuit

Last edited:
I don't want to wait anymore. 😢
I'm strongly thinking it's next week. They just had the Mini Direct, it's a holiday week for the US here, next week is nothing, and the following two weeks are Live A Live and Xenoblade 3. Anything is possible and I'm always hoping for sooner than later, but I'm feeling good about next week.

Considering they have already added 3 cities to Tour this year, I'm pretty confident there will be 14 in total like the datamine suggests, and Bangkok looks like a fine track for a cup finale.
Assuming that's correct and they also add Athens this year, there will be another 12 months before the final 2 unknown cities will be due for MK8.

Last edited:
I don’t even think this week of off the table, Independence Day is not so big that it necessitates taking an entire week off.

The important thing is that, at worst, we should at least get the reveal of wave 2 this month.

I don’t even think this week of off the table, Independence Day is not so big that it necessitates taking an entire week off.

The important thing is that, at worst, we should at least get the reveal of wave 2 this month.
Yeah I don’t think any week is off the table to be clear. I’m still going to check Nintendo’s Twitter with hope in my heart it’s announced tomorrow lol.

I'm strongly thinking it's next week. They just had the Mini Direct, it's a holiday week for the US here, next week is nothing, and the following two weeks are Live A Live and Xenoblade 3. Anything is possible and I'm always hoping for sooner than later, but I'm feeling good about next week.
I think there’s holiday in Japan next week though.

Considering they have already added 3 cities to Tour this year, I'm pretty confident there will be 14 in total like the datamine suggests, and Bangkok looks like a fine track for a cup finale.
Assuming that's correct and they also add Athens this year, there will be another 12 months before the final 2 unknown cities will be due for MK8.
We don’t know how long Tour support will last though. For all we know they could be frontloading the remaining content now to capitalize on the interest from the BCP.

A lot of questions are gonna be answered by the next wave. Gonna be very interesting to see how it all plays out.

Datamining was much more fruitful than I thought yesterday. There's a thread about the PC references already, but there's a few more things worth talking about. First; even more references to Battle Mode than before. Sounds like balloons are customisable in some way, potentially tied to the gacha. Then, despite being patched out before, a new string related to 8DX has been readded in this update: 'Mk8dx_FetchPlayReport_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND'.

Finally, a few more datamined courses. Check out the bottom of the list:

YPKmLlZ.png

First, we have DS Tick-Tock Clock joining DS Mario Circuit. There's a new pendulum object that only realistically fits this course. Then the big stuff; two new nitro courses. One has the initials 'dk', with the only object referring to it being two variants of 'HPBoardMobdk' (one for reverse courses and one for trick courses). Likely a DK track of somekind though, i'd have to guess. The bigger one is 'br', which has a ton of objects referencing it. Alongside 'JumpMobbr' joins objects like 'BathBomb', 'DuckToy', 'KuriboFloatToy' and 'RoadSponge' which, combined with the initials, give away the theme of the course if you ask me. Last update an object called 'SoapBubbleTest' was found, but it wasn't conclusive enough to determine what the course actually was. Now combined with the newly found initials I think it is fairly obvious.

Keep in mind that not every original Tour course will end up being a race course though. With battle mode imminent it is likely that some of those tracks are actually battle tracks. There's no way for us to know the distinction right now however.

@MondoMega I know nothing of the way the data is used but would a battle course need so many specific individual objects? They usually don't have much going on, right?
Objects of this kind are all interactable (not background objects), but it doesn’t seem particularly suspicious to me. I’d bet the rubber duck and rubber Goomba toy will function the same way (trampolines?) despite being different objects. Road objects are for any part of the track that isn’t part of the base model, and there’s two variants of the sponge object, so I imagine they’ll have a few of them floating above the water. If they brought back certain past battle courses like Wii Delfino Pier it’d have a similar number of objects.

Could still end up being a race course for all we know by now but i’m betting on a battle course because a bathtub doesn’t sound like it’d make for an exciting race course.

Yeah I hadn't considered they could be all things that bob up and down, too.

Nothing wrong with racing around a bathtub!

Last edited:
A bathroom themed course sounds quite intriguing actually. The DLC needs some more water courses. It fits to the Merry Mountain/rumored sweets tracks that aren’t as „grande“ as MK8‘s tracks and rather cute and silly but I think that would be great!

Still holding out hope for Wave 4 they'll announce new characters for 8 Deluxe in some form to reignite some hype. If it doesn't happen by then I don't think it's happening.

With Petey back, I think Tour got every MK veteran ever, then? Maybe except the guests, of course (R.O.B., Pac-Man, Link, etc)
Not yet; Tour is still missing Paratroopa, Wiggler and Honey Queen for Mario characters (and of course all of the non-Mii guests are absent). I'm sure those remaining three will show up eventually though.

Not yet; Tour is still missing Paratroopa, Wiggler and Honey Queen for Mario characters (and of course all of the non-Mii guests are absent). I'm sure those remaining three will show up eventually though.
Huh.. for some reason I thought Paratroopa was long in the game already? Completely forgot about Honey Queen and Wiggler though lol

Part of me feels like Booster Pack 2 will be a twitter news drop with a Youtube upload to follow suit with the release date.
This is what I'm thinking. Maybe next week?
I'm in agreement. Next week sounds right, timing wise.
Pretty sure every original track in Tour is coming to MK8D.
We're not talking courses - we're talking the exclusive characters. Though on that note, if Tour has exclusive battle courses, I wonder if those will ever come to MK8D.

Back
Top Bottom