• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
The next Direct is so close...you bet I'll have the info posted ASAP, though it may take me time to get the graphics done.

...imagine if the new tracks were shadow dropped? I'm betting on an early-July release, but what a treat that'd be.

Were there ever like datamined tracks discovered, with like actual names and stuff? I'm out of the loop on this one.
We currently have the spread of platforms and a banner image with unrevealed tracks in it. @MondoMega made some cool charts for it and analyzed the image to identify the tracks. (Do you have a list of Banner tracks Mondo?)

The version posted earlier on the page is still up to date (for race courses; still not adding battle courses yet). Tracks on the datamined banner are marked as red.

Been awhile since i've posted updated Tour datamining findings. We're probably close to Wave 2 happening but I thought i'd post the most recent rendition now anyway, i'll explain why below.

Mario_Kart_Speculation.png

A few tracks have been added recently, Koopa Cape and Baby Park; not much new for the datamined courses besides another new Tour original 'or' being found. Why i'm posting now, though, is that with every new update more and more references to Battle Mode are being added, and it's become clear that some of the datamined Tour originals are actually battle mode maps, not race courses. We don't know which yet but I expect that to become clearer soon; and so the list of datamined courses might end up looking pretty different after the distinction is made. As for retro battle courses, there's reason to believe that one of them will be Wii Delfino Pier, but I won't be adding it to the image until we've got a better idea of what they're doing with battle mode, or if there's any chance of those courses making it to 8DX too.

As for the datamined course prefixes, here they are:

szt0tsq.png

Last edited:
The version posted earlier on the page is still up to date (for race courses; still not adding battle courses yet). Tracks on the datamined banner are marked as red.

szt0tsq.png
Thanks Mondo! I never noticed you added the banner courses to your big datamine course chart. Super helpful!

I gotta feeling that MKWii Track coming next is Koopa Cape as shown in Tour recently.

Also that one 64 track could be Wario Stadium, the one that is left lol

Last edited:

szt0tsq.png
Out of curiosity, which track on the banner is Berlin Byways? Can’t find that one.

EDIT: Mushroom Gorge too

With all of the data in front of me, I thought it would be fun to see where speculation is still strong.

So then, here's the platform spread together with banner leaks:

SNES, 2 tracks, Mario Circuit
N64, 1 track
GBA, 4 tracks, Sunset Wilds
GCN, 4 tracks, Waluigi Stadium
DS, 3 tracks, Waluigi Pinball
Wii, 5 tracks, Mushroom Gorge, DK Summit, Koopa Cape, Maple Treeway
3DS, 2 tracks, Rainbow Road
Tour, 12 tracks, New York, London, Vancouver, LA, Berlin, Sydney, Singapore, Amsterdam
???, 7 tracks, (Sweets???)

That leaves then:

SNES 1 Track
N64 1 Track
GBA 3 Tracks
GCN 3 Tracks
DS 2 Tracks
Wii 1 Track
3DS 1 Track
Tour 4 Tracks
???, 7 tracks

??? and Tour are the most interesting for speculation with 7 tracks and 4 tracks unknown respectively. I totally forgot the 4th slot in Boomerang and Feather are Tour tracks and I have a feeling they aren't City tracks like the other ten slots. Maybe they are Remix Courses or something like the datamined Tour Yoshi Island course? I'm operating off of the ???'s are original tracks like Ninja Hideaway, where some might have originated in Tour, but are not a City Track or a Remix Track. It's something we'll have better insight on in less than a week regardless.

GBA and Gamecube are the next most interesting for speculation purposes as they each have three totally open slots left. Though it is potentially less than seven days away, I'm very happy the last N64 track in particular is still a total guess for everyone.

I do think the fifth final Wii track is totally a lock for Rainbow Road Wii which I'd be hyped for. None of the others scream final track in the Booster Course Pass, only Bowser's Castle Wii is remotely up to the task (which is somewhat a shame as that's my favorite Bowser Castle). With four out of five remaining slots known, I do think its interesting that we already know one of the tracks in Wave 6 more than a year out. I'm also totally picking Rock Rock Mountain still for the last Mario Kart 7 course for the Rock Cup. Nintendo loves being on the nose for these cups.

But yeah anyway, any guesses for the last 16 normal tracks and the 7 ??? tracks? There's a dearth of Bowser Castle courses in Mario Kart 8, so I'm really hoping we get a strong pick or two there.

With all of the data in front of me, I thought it would be fun to see where speculation is still strong.

So then, here's the platform spread together with banner leaks:

SNES, 2 tracks, Mario Circuit
N64, 1 track
GBA, 4 tracks, Sunset Wilds
GCN, 4 tracks, Waluigi Stadium
DS, 3 tracks, Waluigi Pinball
Wii, 5 tracks, Mushroom Gorge, DK Summit, Koopa Cape, Maple Treeway
3DS, 2 tracks, Rainbow Road
Tour, 12 tracks, New York, London, Vancouver, LA, Berlin, Sydney, Singapore, Amsterdam
???, 7 tracks, (Sweets???)

That leaves then:

SNES 1 Track
N64 1 Track
GBA 3 Tracks
GCN 3 Tracks
DS 2 Tracks
Wii 1 Track
3DS 1 Track
Tour 4 Tracks
???, 7 tracks

??? and Tour are the most interesting for speculation with 7 tracks and 4 tracks unknown respectively. I totally forgot the 4th slot in Boomerang and Feather are Tour tracks and I have a feeling they aren't City tracks like the other ten slots. Maybe they are Remix Courses or something like the datamined Tour Yoshi Island course? I'm operating off of the ???'s are original tracks like Ninja Hideaway, where some might have originated in Tour, but are not a City Track or a Remix Track. It's something we'll have better insight on in less than a week regardless.

GBA and Gamecube are the next most interesting for speculation purposes as they each have three totally open slots left. Though it is potentially less than seven days away, I'm very happy the last N64 track in particular is still a total guess for everyone.

I do think the fifth final Wii track is totally a lock for Rainbow Road Wii which I'd be hyped for. None of the others scream final track in the Booster Course Pass, only Bowser's Castle Wii is remotely up to the task (which is somewhat a shame as that's my favorite Bowser Castle). With four out of five remaining slots known, I do think its interesting that we already know one of the tracks in Wave 6 more than a year out. I'm also totally picking Rock Rock Mountain still for the last Mario Kart 7 course for the Rock Cup. Nintendo loves being on the nose for these cups.

But yeah anyway, any guesses for the last 16 normal tracks and the 7 ??? tracks? There's a dearth of Bowser Castle courses in Mario Kart 8, so I'm really hoping we get a strong pick or two there.
Honestly, laying all the information out like this makes me even less confident in the track origination, or at the very least the ???s all being Tour originals. I just can't buy that Nintendo will lay off on N64 representation this hard after overloading the previous 4 games with it. Also don't buy there only being 2 more 3DS tracks (both of them being in the same wave to boot) given how many they have created for Tour.

I'd love to be wrong, more original tracks would be awesome. But I just don't see Nintendo having 6 additional non-city Tour tracks waiting in the wings after releasing just two over a now nearly 3 year period, nor do I see them holding back 3 of them for the final wave instead of pushing them out as soon as possible for marketing purposes.

Honestly, laying all the information out like this makes me even less confident in the track origination, or at the very least the ???s all being Tour originals. I just can't buy that Nintendo will lay off on N64 representation this hard after overloading the previous 4 games with it. Also don't buy there only being 2 more 3DS tracks (both of them being in the same wave to boot) given how many they have created for Tour.

I'd love to be wrong, more original tracks would be awesome. But I just don't see Nintendo having 6 additional non-city Tour tracks waiting in the wings after releasing just two over a now nearly 3 year period, nor do I see them holding back 3 of them for the final wave instead of pushing them out as soon as possible for marketing purposes.
I kind of just hinted at it, but my thought on the ??? tracks is that we will get the new Sweet Course and Merry Mountain as two of the seven. The other five then could be a mix of possibilities. Like the new Sweet Course, some of them could be tracks that sort of blur the line where they came from as they launch before, simultaneously, or shortly after Tour where we wonder where this track actually came from. Was it a new course designed for the Booster Pass, a new course for Tour, or thought of for both? If we do get a few straight up brand new courses just for the Booster Pass, some might just look like normal Mario courses (again, that Sweets course) while others might be new crossover tracks. I'm still wondering if new characters might join Mario Kart 8 before the Booster Pass is done. Whether they arrive as a free update for everyone, part of the Booster Pass, or a separate character pass. If they add Kirby for example, maybe they plan a Kirby course to go with him or pull something from Kirby's Air Ride. That kind of thing.

The range of possibilities here are super exciting. Potentially though as you've said, datamining after the second wave drops may fill in or rearrange the marked courses. So there could be more N64 tracks for example to fill in those spots. I'm so glad we are close to learning more. This second wave was always going to be the most painful to wait for after the first.

That leaves then:

SNES 1 Track
N64 1 Track
GBA 3 Tracks
GCN 3 Tracks
DS 2 Tracks
Wii 1 Track
3DS 1 Track
Tour 4 Tracks
???, 7 tracks
Okay, my 50 cents:

SNES Vanilla Lake (1 or 2)
N64 Kalimari Desert
GBA Cheep Cheep Island, a Bowser's Castle, and Luigi Circuit with the rain mechanic is pretty unique
GCN Daisy Cruiser, either DK Mountain or Dino Dino Jungle, and Bowser's Castle was probably on the banner right?
DS Luigi's Mansion and Airship Fortress
Wii Rainbow Road
3DS Alpine Pass/Rock Rock Mountain (because it is the Rock Cup)
Tour 4 more cities: Bangkok, and 3 other new cities. Athens, and maybe like Rio and some city in Africa to have one on every continent? I don't know
??? Merry Mountain and sweets track

Although I don't believe every ??? track is new. The last cup has three question mark spots, and I think at least two of those won't be newbies but they're just not filled with tracks. For the sake of underrepresentation I believe those will be N64 and 3DS tracks. My guesses are that they are tracks that aren't in Tour (yet), and that those tracks are really early in development. They're more than a year away so that wouldn't be a weird guess I think. My guess would be that the N64 will be the last track never remade yet, Wario Stadium, and the 3DS track would be a Wuhu stage, and I hope it will be Wuhu Mountain Loop/Maka Wuhu since I like that one much more and it would be a fitting conclusion to a cup (Acorn Cup?).

Last edited:
Okay, my 50 cents:

SNES Vanilla Lake (1 or 2)
N64 Kalimari Desert
GBA Cheep Cheep Island, a Bowser's Castle, and Luigi Circuit with the rain mechanic is quiet unique
GCN Daisy Cruiser, DK Mountain, and Bowser's Castle was probably on the banner right?
DS Luigi's Mansion and Airship Fortress
Wii Rainbow Road
3DS Alpine Pass/Rock Rock Mountain (because it is the Rock Cup)
Tour 4 more cities: Bangkok, and 3 other new cities. Athens, and maybe like Rio and some city in Africa to have one on every continent? I don't know
??? Merry Mountain and sweets track

Although I don't believe every ??? track is new. The last cup has three question mark spots, and I think at least two of those won't be newbies but they're just not filled with tracks. For the sake of underrepresentation I believe those will be N64 and 3DS tracks. My guesses are that they are tracks that aren't in Tour (yet), and that those tracks are really early in development. They're more than a year away so that wouldn't be a weird guess I think. My guess would be that the N64 will be the last track never remade yet, Wario Stadium, and the 3DS track would be a Wuhu stage, and I hope it will be Wuhu Mountain Loop/Maka Wuhu since I like that one much more and it would be a fitting conclusion to a cup (Acorn Cup?).
Ooh I like a lot of these guesses. Airship Fortress is one I’m really hoping for myself too and either Bowser Castle 3 or 4 from GBA would be great to see! We do need more easy courses and Luigi’s Circuit GBA would be a great one I agree. I also think it’d be a shame not to get a Wuhu track even though I’m most pulling for Rock Rock Mountain.

Ooh I like a lot of these guesses. Airship Fortress is one I’m really hoping for myself too and either Bowser Castle 3 or 4 from GBA would be great to see! We do need more easy courses and Luigi’s Circuit GBA would be a great one I agree. I also think it’d be a shame not to get a Wuhu track even though I’m most pulling for Rock Rock Mountain.

Yeah, I feel like there should be some easier tracks in the pack too. Problem: most of the standard "Circuit" tracks, are kind of wasted slots I think. With Toad Circuit already in, and Mario Circuit 1 being imminent (I get it, it is the first track, but 2/3/4 would all have been more interesting), I feel like I don't need other Circuits anymore. But since Luigi Circuit GBA is actually pretty unique, and I like it for that fact, so I really hope Luigi Circuit will be one of the GBA tracks that will be in eventually.

Yeah, I feel like there should be some easier tracks in the pack too. Problem: most of the standard "Circuit" tracks, are kind of wasted slots I think. With Toad Circuit already in, and Mario Circuit 1 being imminent (I get it, it is the first track, but 2/3/4 would all have been more interesting), I feel like I don't need other Circuits anymore. But since Luigi Circuit GBA is actually pretty unique, and I like it for that fact, so I really hope Luigi Circuit will be one of the GBA tracks that will be in eventually.
For easier tracks, one of my big hopes is Peach Beach from Double Dash. It’s a very simple layout, but the dynamic water and cataquacks keep it interesting for more seasoned players.

Bangkok Rush is our next city track. Doesn't look like we're getting any other city variants in the next tour though, which is unfortunate.

Bangkok Rush looks really nice! Looks like they made a better effort on the later city tracks (for example Amsterdam, Singapore, Bangkok), than the earlier city tracks (for example Paris, Tokyo, London). They look much more complex, and that is a good thing I think.

Also, we will probably get a Petey Piranha Mii Costume in the next Tour. Maybe that means we will get another GCN track in Tour, since that is the only game in which Petey was playable? Daisy Cruiser, DK Mountain, Mushroom Bridge/City or Waluigi Stadium? They were all datamined.

The only track I'm very confident is coming in the 2nd wave is Los Angeles Laps.

I hope so! I actually like that city track. I hope it will be a one-lap track, since I love those! Curious to see what they will do with it.

Since I am expecting New York to be in the Power Moon Cup, I predict the other city track this wave to be London Loop. It is still one of the original four. It is one of the least interesting, me thinks, so it is time to get it out of the way. But it has banger music!

That may be what I'm mostly looking forward to. The brilliant remixes.

Los Angeles Laps and Waluigi Pinball are my two locks. The last track in the 3rd Cup is a DS track, and WP fits that bill perfectly.

I feel like the only two possibilities could be Waluigi Pinball and Airship Fortress. I'm leaning towards WP, since that one is more popular and could easily be luring more players into buying the DLC. But Airship Fortress would also be last-track-in-the-cup-worthy, so I am not writing that possibility off yet.

Bangkok Rush looks really nice! Looks like they made a better effort on the later city tracks (for example Amsterdam, Singapore, Bangkok), than the earlier city tracks (for example Paris, Tokyo, London). They look , so I am not writing that possibility off yet.

On the tour subreddit i know people are of the opinion that Amsterdam is/was rushed because it seems less dense (with buildings) than the other cities, you see the low poly/texture background houses very easily. The vast grass fields dont help either.

I like the track tho as a Dutchie, hopefully the underwater canal section is a bit prettier in 8 Deluxe. I feel the track encapsulates old city Amsterdam well. A kinda village feel, only city in tour that has that.

On another note, Bangkok looks amazing

On the tour subreddit i know people are of the opinion that Amsterdam is/was rushed because it seems less dense (with buildings) than the other cities, you see the low poly/texture background houses very easily. The vast grass fields dont help either.
I wouldn't say Amsterdam was rushed, but it does stand out from the other tracks surrounding it. Via dataiming we currently have the date most of the Tour original tracks (besides London and Merry Mountain) were created / finalized, and I think the order says quite a bit relative to their quality and when they ended up being added to the game.

Sydney Sprint - 2018-08-28
Tokyo Blur - 2019-07-01
New York Minute - 2019-07-02
Paris Promenade - 2019-07-02
Vancouver Velocity - 2020-01-22
Los Angeles Laps - 2020-05-22
Berlin Byways - 2020-12-17
Ninja Hideaway - 2021-03-05
Amsterdam Drift - 2021-03-16
Singapore Speedway - 2021-03-26

Sydney, released in-game in 2020, was likely the first city course created, predating the launch of the game by nearly a year; and while Singapore released first it is actually slightly more recent than Amsterdam. I'd say on the whole the tracks finalized after launch are better than the tracks made before launch, maybe a few exceptions but mostly accurate.

I wouldn't say Amsterdam was rushed, but it does stand out from the other tracks surrounding it. Via dataiming we currently have the date most of the Tour original tracks (besides London and Merry Mountain) were created / finalized, and I think the order says quite a bit relative to their quality and when they ended up being added to the game.

Sydney Sprint - 2018-08-28
Tokyo Blur - 2019-07-01
New York Minute - 2019-07-02
Paris Promenade - 2019-07-02
Vancouver Velocity - 2020-01-22
Los Angeles Laps - 2020-05-22
Berlin Byways - 2020-12-17
Ninja Hideaway - 2021-03-05
Amsterdam Drift - 2021-03-16
Singapore Speedway - 2021-03-26

Sydney, released in-game in 2020, was likely the first city course created, predating the launch of the game by nearly a year; and while Singapore released first it is actually slightly more recent than Amsterdam. I'd say on the whole the tracks finalized after launch are better than the tracks made before launch, maybe a few exceptions but mostly accurate.
That...explains a lot, actually. I've always wondered why Sydney was so simplistic compared to some of the other tracks released around it.

Just like Amsterdam it seems Bangkok was also on the datamined 8DX banner the whole time.

unknown.png
unknown.png

We'll get a better image match when the update drops but the colors line up.

Just like Amsterdam it seems Bangkok was also on the datamined 8DX banner the whole time.

unknown.png
unknown.png

Damn, that hurts the GCN Bowser’s Castle dream. Cool to see that every city track is on the banner though (I can’t spot Berlin, but I trust your chart).

unknown.png
unknown.png

So the GCN Bowser's Castle dream is over. Then I'll replace it with either Mushroom Bridge or Mushroom City (hoping for the latter) on my prediction list.

When do you guys think we're going to see these maps? It feels like it's time now.
I believe it is a normal Direct so Tuesday/Wednesday for the reveals for sure. It could possibly be a shadow drop for release, but I’m leaning towards somewhere in July. If it’s every four months that’s roughly March > July > November > March > July > November.

I believe it is a normal Direct so Tuesday/Wednesday for the reveals for sure. It could possibly be a shadow drop for release, but I’m leaning towards somewhere in July. If it’s every four months that’s roughly March > July > November > March > July > November.
How strange! This thread is so quiet, yet we managed to post at exactly the same time. 😃
I agree, should be in July, but I'm wondering how they're going to go about announcing it.

Also, I wonder why Nintendo still hasn't corrected Ninja Hideaway's label to mark it as a 'Tour' track - seems like something that could be done without even needing an update, so why haven't they fixed it yet?
I feel it is intentional. All the City courses will be labeled Tour and all the “normal” Mario Kart courses like Ninja Hideaway won’t be labeled. That’s the ? courses from datamining.

Could be wrong and it gets patched next time. Wouldn’t be the first time Nintendo has corrected something.

How strange! This thread is so quiet, yet we managed to post at exactly the same time. 😃
I agree, should be in July, but I'm wondering how they're going to go about announcing it.
I follow this thread so I get notifications for it when people post lol…I like Mario Kart a lot and play it almost daily lately. The Booster Pass in particular is super exciting for me :)

Also, I wonder why Nintendo still hasn't corrected Ninja Hideaway's label to mark it as a 'Tour' track - seems like something that could be done without even needing an update, so why haven't they fixed it yet?
As said above, it's either intentional or Nintendo is just being lazy and waiting until wave 2 to patch it. Next wave will be very important for determining the validity of the track originations.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened before the Partner Showcase next week. Get it out of the way so people don't expect a full Direct.
Well this was a fun way to discover the, uh, intense conversation going on in the speculation thread.

Honesty? If we get a partner, I say they go Chaos Route. Reveal Mario Kart in July with a super quick turnaround.

No, they'd most definitely need to put out a software update to fix that; and it likely just isn't worth putting out a hotfix when they can just wait until the wave 2 launch.

I just made the big Mario Kart 8 Final Wave 2 Prediction Thread I talked about earlier in the week. Wanted to do it on Friday, but life got in the way. Come, hang out, discuss, and vote!

On a side note I am so fed up with the barrage of Waluigi's every time I go online. It feels good to beat them as Isabelle and give them all some humble pie. Seriously though, it's so boring seeing the same character every time online.

No use complaining now but I'm really bummed that Toad Circuit took up one of the MK7 slots. It's short and uninspiring when there were soo many cooler MK7 tracks that could've added variety to the overall MK8DX course list

No use complaining now but I'm really bummed that Toad Circuit took up one of the MK7 slots. It's short and uninspiring when there were soo many cooler MK7 tracks that could've added variety to the overall MK8DX course list
It was almost certainly chosen to try and draw the Tour crowd a bit. It’s the default training track in Tour, so it’s probably the most recognizable for that audience.

On a side note I am so fed up with the barrage of Waluigi's every time I go online. It feels good to beat them as Isabelle and give them all some humble pie. Seriously though, it's so boring seeing the same character every time online.
You will never get rid of the king! 😈

Also I hope we get Waluigi pinball next wave.

You asked for game balance? Too bad, Waluigi Time!

Okay, so, if the presentation this week is a partner showcase, when do you think we will see Mario Kart news? You would think something is coming in the next days/weeks.

Okay, so, if the presentation this week is a partner showcase, when do you think we will see Mario Kart news? You would think something is coming in the next days/weeks.
They should be announced in 3 weeks tops on Twitter if it isn’t on Tuesday. The tracks should come in July if they want a steady schedule that can hit the December 2023 deadline (every 4 months or so). I do think some of the future waves will 100% be announced outside a showcase just because the timing is off, but I’m still feeling very good about Tuesday for Wave 2.

Any other people here who mainly race 200cc? I really enjoyed wave 1 because courses like Tokyo Blur and Shroom Ridge are really fun at high speeds
I do when playing couch co-op with my friend, but it doesn't come up very often online, sadly! I've heard it comes up more as your rank goes up - but I'm on 7000 points and it's still probably about 1 in every 10 races.

Any other people here who mainly race 200cc? I really enjoyed wave 1 because courses like Tokyo Blur and Shroom Ridge are really fun at high speeds
I personally love 200cc, but I mostly play with family and friends and none of them care for it. So basically never :/

Back
Top Bottom