• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
Interesting, nobody saw that one coming. Looks like a neat track.

Also probably means no wave 5 tomorrow, unless we’re getting that new track.

There's speculation about how there may be possibility that this new track is a remake of the Mario Kart DS beta course known as dokan_course as some say the images line up with some places on the track (but doesn't explain the split path in the last image, but that could be a part of a layout alteration).

If this does end up actually being the case, that means we could also get a remix of the beta circuit theme assigned to the track.

None of this may actually be the case but it if is, this would be a great deep cut and great fanservice for people who know about the Mario Kart DS beta.

Thank GOD they spared us Mushroom Bridge and gave us Moonview Highway. Guess 1 GCN track was cut from the prefix leak after all and swapped with a bonus Wii track.

Also Vancouver in Wave 5 so it's sooner than expected. Means Rome and the likely Madrid course will be our Wave 6 cities.

So, definitely not copying someone else who already typed it up elsewhere,

• Koopa Cape (Wii)
  • Los Angeles Laps (Tour)
  • Moonview Highway (Wii)
  • Squeaky Clean Sprint (New track)
  • Athens Dash (Tour)
  • Daisy Cruiser (Double Dash)
  • Sunset Wilds (Super Circuit)
  • Vancouver Velocity (Tour)

Honestly wish they'd have toned down the number of Tour courses, they don't do much for me.

Damn this wave is stacked

Feather Cup:

Tour Athens Dash
GCN Daisy Cruiser
Wii Moonview Highway
Squeaky Clean Sprint

Cherry Cup:

Tour Los Angeles Laps
GBA Sunset Wilds
Wii Koopa Cape
Tour Vancouver Velocity

Moonview 🥰💗 Such a good track!
However does this hurt the certainty of Wii Rainbow Road being the final course? It's my second favourite track from the series.

I would have preferred Toad's Factory instead of High Moon Way but it looks great.

I found it strange that, having already in the game confirmation of 6 new characters, they don't put the exact number and put the generic phrase "extra characters" but I don't think we will receive more.

As the one person on here who entertained the idea of Vancouver in Wave 5, I would like everyone to focus on that prediction and ignore everything else I predicted.

Real talk though, hell of a wave. Mushroom Bridge for Moonview is a great trade (at least, that’s what I’m assuming was swapped). Bowser Castle 3, DK Mountain, PPC, Pipe Track, Wii Rainbow Road, and Rome locked in for Wave 6, with room for a few extra surprises.

I have 0 recollection of Moonview and I know I played a fair bit of MK Wii 😮 Clean Sprint has major “everyone is tiny” 90s boomer shooter energy 😂

Can’t believe this is coming so soon and then the final wave is 4-5 months away!

From what I had written down, the placeholders we had for this wave based on datamines and fishguy were

Feather:

Tour
Wii
GBA Sunset Wilds
Tour

Cherry:

Tour Los Angeles Laps
GCN
SNES
New

So we got the SNES course bumped for the second Wii course

scream-toad.gif

Moonview 🥰💗 Such a good track!
However does this hurt the certainty of Wii Rainbow Road being the final course? It's my second favourite track from the series.

No, Wii Rainbow Road is still very much in the cards. The speculation is that Wii Moonview Highway took the spot of GCN Mushroom Bridge.

For those keeping track: by the end of Wave 6, every course from Tour should be included in 8 DX, right?

Every original Tour city and Tour nitro will make it into the Booster Course Pass. There are some retros in Tour that wont make it though.

Based on the prefixes and speculation right now, Wave 6 is

1) Tour Rome Avanti

2) Tour Madrid (mobMD)

3) Either GCN DK Mountain or GCN Dino Dino Jungle (likely DK Mountain)

4) SNES Bowser's Castle 3

5) Wii Rainbow Road

6) Pirahna Plant Cove

7) mobDK / Dokan aka Pipes Track / New Tour Course revealed today

8) Final Tour Nitro that we have no idea about

god I can't believe we're gonna get a third traffic course in this DLC. can you believe base 8DX only had Toad's Turnpike? #blessed

Hell yeah! Loving how the Waves continue to get better and better.

Very surprised to see Vancouver here. I've been interested in LA Laps since I heard the music when it hit Tour a while back lol. Moonview Highway I remember really liking because it takes Mushroom City & Shroom Ridge and mashes it together at night. Honestly glad it's here over Mushroom Bridge as I don't recall racing on it as much as the ones from MKDD.

Everything else looks and sounds great. Athens got the glow up I was hoping! (Or perhaps, Tour version is the downgrade to be expected)

Sunset Wilds looks nice too.

Announcement today and release next week? There goes the Switch 2 announcement! xD

and last but NOT least:

Crikey it's nuts how much heavy lifting the music does for these tracks. The reveal trailer has that awful Wii music and feels inconsequential as a result, but the individual videos with the correct music - and the rest of them all sounds like jams - look delish.

So the bomb car featured in Moonview Highway was:

-initially in 8’s files but never used

-Was then in 8 Deluxe’s files again but never used

-Was then cut in the 2.0.0 update

-And now being re-added and used in this update

The little bomb car that could

They really didn't do any work on the Athens Dash background houses textures? C'mon Nintendo. That's by far the worst part of the track.

Announcement today and release next week? There goes the Switch 2 announcement! xD

Crikey it's nuts how much heavy lifting the music does for these tracks. The reveal trailer has that awful Wii music and feels inconsequential as a result, but the individual videos with the correct music - and the rest of them all sounds like jams - look delish.

They did that cause they always want to highlight MKWii tracks returning...as it was the most popular MK game prior to MK8D. I agree though, they should've chose other music for the trailer lol.

Apologies if this has been looked at recently, but I picked the game back up over the weekend and became curious about future DLC. So taking a look at that banner leak from months, I see that there were some changes.

Turnip Cup: No changes
Propeller Cup: No changes
Rock Cup: Maple Treeway (Wii) instead of Peach Gardens (DS)
Moon Cup: Peach Gardens (DS) instead of Waluigi Stadium (GCN)
Fruit Cup: Riverside Park (GBA) instead of unnamed DS track
Boomarang Cup: Bangkok Rush (Tour) instead of Los Angeles Laps (Tour); Mario Circuit (DS) instead of unnamed GBA track

So if we stick with this leak's remaining tracks, we have the following left to take up four cups:

SNES: 1
N64: RIP
GCN: 3 (the original Waluigi Stadium slot wasn't replaced with another GCN track)
GBA: 1, Sunset Wilds
DS: RIP
Wii: 2
3DS: RIP
Tour: 5, including Los Angeles Laps and Vancouver Velocity
New Tracks: 4

Not sure if more recent leaks will invalidate this, but out of 16 remaining tracks, we only seem to know 3 of them.

Ok so we have new activity! New tracks- 1, Tour- 3, Wii- 2, GCN- 1, GBA- 1

Remaining Tracks/slots:
GCN: 2 (the original Waluigi Stadium slot wasn't replaced with another GCN track)
GBA: RIP
Wii: RIP
Tour: 2
New Tracks: 3

So it looks like the Wii is finished unless it takes one of the GCN slots? Rip Rainbow Road Wii if true :(

Ok so we have new activity! New tracks- 1, Tour- 3, Wii- 2, GCN- 1, GBA- 1

Remaining Tracks/slots:
GCN: 2 (the original Waluigi Stadium slot wasn't replaced with another GCN track)
GBA: RIP
Wii: RIP
Tour: 2
New Tracks: 3

So it looks like the Wii is finished unless it takes one of the GCN slots? Rip Rainbow Road Wii if true :(
It took up the GCN slot. Otherwise, Moonview Highway would have ended the entire BCP and that makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom