• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
I'm curious, what's everyones most anticipated track for this wave? I'm kinda divided between Mario Circuit and Yoshi's Island. It'll be nice to have a Mario Circuit that's similar to previous 3D games (I don't like MK8's version for the extreme reliance on anti-gravity instead of a decent layout), but Yoshi's Island looks phenomenal.
I think it's pretty much what I expected, like Waluigi Stadium benefits a lot from its new version, DK Summit is not retouched too much because it doesn't need it...

The 3 tracks I'm most excited about are Yoshi's Island (I really like its verticality and it has a lot of potential as well as being very beautiful), Waluigi Stadium (I can't wait to see the redesign since it looks so good) and DK Summit (I'd love to play it again with the MK8 gameplay).

After that I'm curious to see the 3 cities, Amsterdam first.

And the ones that hyped me the least are Circuit Mario and Riverside Parc, even if they can be fun and I still want to play them.

After a 4.5 month wait for Wave 2 and a 4 month wait for Wave 3, I'm still shocked that this wait was only 3 months. Really makes me think that Wave 1 was slightly rushed and they took some extra time to get the next couple waves right.

This is just me being a delusional dreamer, but if they continue with 3 month wait times:
Early June: Wave 5
Early September: Wave 6
Mid September: BCP 2 announced at Nintendo Direct!

I heavily doubt a BCP2 is happening since most of the fan favourites are in BCP1 so BCP2 will be filled with tracks that people don't care about.
I highly doubt it too, it's just fun to speculate.

But I do think there are enough fan favorites left for at least three more waves. Even just looking at Tour + Datamines:
Daisy Hills
Shy Guy Bazaar
Wuhu Loop
Wario Shipyard
Maka Wuhu
Rosalina's Ice World
3DS Bowser's Castle
Daisy Circuit
Dry Dry Ruins
Airship Fortress
Luigi's Mansion
Mushroom Bridge
Mushroom City
Dino Dino Jungle
GBA Bowser's Castle
Yoshi Desert
GBA Luigi Circuit
Koopa Troopa Beach
Frappe Snowland
Vanilla Lake

There's twenty tracks right there, and who knows what else Tour might bring. I would argue that any combination of 4 of the above tracks would get people just as hyped as DK Summit, Waluigi Stadium, DS Mario Circuit, and Riverside Park.

I heavily doubt a BCP2 is happening since most of the fan favourites are in BCP1 so BCP2 will be filled with tracks that people don't care about.
  • Airship Fortress
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Delfino Square
  • Toad Factory
  • Mushroom City/Bridge
  • Wario Coliseum
  • Wario Shipyard
  • Wuhu Loop
  • The other Wuhu Island track
  • Any Bowsers Castle
  • A few Rainbow Roads
  • The remaining GBA tracks
There's enough for at least three more waves.

BCP2 will be full of new tracks and crossovers with other franchises.

It'll be exclusive for Switch Pro MK8DX.

I don't expect a BCP2 at all, but there's definitely enough content for one. Airship Fortress, Wario Colosseum, Maka Wuhu, and pretty much any remaining console Rainbow Road or Bowser's Castle could easily fit the bill as the "highlight track". Keep making new tracks for MK8, and Nintendo could easily get by.

also BCP2 won't exist since the BCP's purpose for existing would've already been fulfilled: preserving every original Tour track. We can clearly see that is happening from what has released so far and what is datamined... and Booster is Mario Kart Tour's codename too so that's more evidence as to why it's got loads of Tour originals.

also BCP2 won't exist since the BCP's purpose for existing would've already been fulfilled: preserving every original Tour track. We can clearly see that is happening from what has released so far and what is datamined... and Booster is Mario Kart Tour's codename too so that's more evidence as to why it's got loads of Tour originals.
If the sales are high, another Booster Course Pass wouldn't need to exist for the sake of Tour. It would exist for the sake of making more money off of Mario Kart 8. It doesn't need another justification beyond that.

If MK9 is still a long ways off, and the dev team behind the BCP feels confident that they can continue improving, then I don't see why they wouldn't go ahead with another pass. I don't think it'll happen, but there isn't really any pushback against that.

If the sales are high, another Booster Course Pass wouldn't need to exist for the sake of Tour. It would exist for the sake of making more money off of Mario Kart 8. It doesn't need another justification beyond that.

If MK9 is still a long ways off, and the dev team behind the BCP feels confident that they can continue improving, then I don't see why they wouldn't go ahead with another pass. I don't think it'll happen, but there isn't really any pushback against that.
I personally only see a BCP2 happening if Tour still gets new original courses after the BCP ends but I see your point.

I'm confused, I thought we were sure that Mushroom Bridge/City was coming? Why are some people in this thread saying that'd be for a hypothetical Booster Course Pass 2?

I personally only see a BCP2 happening if Tour still gets new original courses after the BCP ends but I see your point.
Exactly. Tour has determined this whole BCP, and I'm sure Tour will determine any potential of a BCP2.

I think it's safe to assume that both Tour and the BCP will get the three new datamined cities this year. Now say next spring Tour gets a brand new city. That's when I would start to seriously wonder about a BCP2.

I think Tour has three options for 2024:
1. Shut down
2. Continue with minimal new content (no new cities, no new Nitro tracks)
3. Continue as is (with multiple new cities and Nitro tracks each year).

Only under the third scenario would I think there might be a BCP2.

Exactly. Tour has determined this whole BCP, and I'm sure Tour will determine any potential of a BCP2.

I think it's safe to assume that both Tour and the BCP will get the three new datamined cities this year. Now say next spring Tour gets a brand new city. That's when I would start to seriously wonder about a BCP2.

I think Tour has three options for 2024:
1. Shut down
2. Continue with minimal new content (no new cities, no new Nitro tracks)
3. Continue as is (with multiple new cities and Nitro tracks each year).

Only under the third scenario would I think there might be a BCP2.
I'm fully expecting option number 2 where they stop with the new original tracks but still introduce new retros and do many repeats.

I'm confused, I thought we were sure that Mushroom Bridge/City was coming? Why are some people in this thread saying that'd be for a hypothetical Booster Course Pass 2?
Mushroom Bridge/City have been datamined for Tour, but there is nothing (Music Leak / Banner Leak) pointing to them being in the BCP. The only two (non-Tour original) tracks that have been "leaked" are Sunset Wilds and Koopa Cape.

With 3 GCN tracks left, at least two of the following are getting left out:
Mushroom Bridge
Daisy Cruiser
Mushroom City
DK Mountain
Dino Dino Jungle

Personally, I still think Daisy Cruiser is extremely likely for Wave 5 (summer vibes, massive Tour upgrade, unique theming, backwards lap potential like Peach Gardens). And I think DK Mountain will be in Wave 6. That only leaves one track left. It could be either Mushroom track, but I could also see them both missing out for something that hasn't been datamined yet (maybe Bowser's Castle).

I'm fully expecting option number 2 where they stop with the new original tracks but still introduce new retros and do many repeats.
Yep, that's probably the most likely scenario!

Mushroom Bridge/City have been datamined for Tour, but there is nothing (Music Leak / Banner Leak) pointing to them being in the BCP. The only two (non-Tour original) tracks that have been "leaked" are Sunset Wilds and Koopa Cape.

With 3 GCN tracks left, at least two of the following are getting left out:
Mushroom Bridge
Daisy Cruiser
Mushroom City
DK Mountain
Dino Dino Jungle

Personally, I still think Daisy Cruiser is extremely likely for Wave 5 (summer vibes, massive Tour upgrade, unique theming, backwards lap potential like Peach Gardens). And I think DK Mountain will be in Wave 6. That only leaves one track left. It could be either Mushroom track, but I could also see them both missing out for something that hasn't been datamined yet (maybe Bowser's Castle).

Yep, that's probably the most likely scenario!
Same, I really think Daisy Cruiser is coming Wave 5.

I think Mushroom Bridge is out of the equation, if it had been in a wave it would clearly have been this one. I don't really believe in Mushroom City neither, there are so many cities already.

I can't decide which jungle track is more likely between DK Mountain and Dino Dino Jungle honestly.
Both are very popular. Dino Dino Jungle seems to have a special place for Nintendo as it was one of the first tracks on Tour. DK Mountain has benefited much more from coming to Tour, but Dino Dino Jungle is pretty unique with its Dinosaur while DK Mountain would be a bit redundant with DK Summit.

Maybe it's possible to have both... Or Wario Colosseum, or indeed GCN Bowser's Castle.

The GCN tracks are the biggest remaining mystery of the DLC because there's 3 more between Waves 5 and 6, yet there aren't many GCN tracks in Tour to pull from. I do think the strongest contenders are Daisy Cruiser, one of the Jungle tracks (DK Mountain or Dino Dino Jungle) and one of the Mushroom tracks (Mushroom Bridge or Mushroom City).

Personally while this isn't at all hinted at for Tour yet, my wild card wish is GCN Bowser's Castle because that theme is not well represented in the DLC compared to Mario Circuit and Rainbow Road each getting 2 tracks. (Wii Rainbow Road is basically a lock)

I guess my excitement levels differ a little bit as an active Tour player; because right now i'm the most excited to try the three tracks that aren't in Tour yet (Yoshi's Island, Waluigi Stadium, Mario Circuit). Outside of those three I think my excitement levels are something like:

Singapore Speedway > DK Summit > Bangkok Rush > Riverside Park > Amsterdam Drift

Amsterdam is fine but just can't hold a candle to the other two cities in this wave (AD3 is boring and the underwater segments in AD2 can drag imo). Had to show up eventually though so i'm fine to give it another shot in 8DX.

I'm still mixed on the simplified layout of Riverside Park (it's a Mushroom Cup track and they still cut a few turns!); but I did always want a GBA Park track to be remade, and the new Ptooie gimmick in 8DX at least adds an extra wrinkle.

Bangkok turned out to be a great city track by the time the other two routes were released, but i'm weary of the 8DX version being a minor downgrade since it seems the Inky Piranha Plants may have been cut from this itteration. Would be a huge shame, especially after Berlin retained the unique Whomp obstacle.

DK Summit is just a really really good track; so even with it remaining pretty unchanged from previous appearances i'm just excited to race on it again. I appreciate the restoration of some background elements from Wii (the jumbotron at the bottom of the mountain and the wooden texture of the statue) that show an extra attention to detail.

Singapore is among my top 3 favourite city courses so far (shame another member of that group, LA, has been pushed back to a later wave) so I am pumped to have it in 8 Deluxe. The wait for Vancouver is going to be painful, but this will definitely do for now.

Damn, Waluigi Stadium just looks so fun!
MK8-Course-GCN_WaluigiStadium.jpg
230303-mk8dx4-c7-9.jpg
230303-mk8dx4-c7-7.jpg
230303-mk8dx4-c7-11.jpg
230303-mk8dx4-c7-10.jpg
230303-mk8dx4-c7-8.jpg

I think at most they can pull another year of BPC with 3 more waves, so 24 new tracks like.. (in brackets is total across everything)

2 SNES (6)
2 N64 (8)
2 GBA (10)
2 NGC (10)
3 DS (10)
1 Wii (10)
3 3DS (10)
6 Tour (2 per wave) (20)
3 New (1 in each wave) (11)

Some suggestions
SNES: Vanilla Lake, Ghost Valley
N64: Koopa Troopa Beach, Bowser Castle
GBA: Bowser Castle 3/4, Rainbow Road
NGC: Dino Dino Jungle, Rainbow Road
DS: Delfino Square, Airship Fortress, Rainbow Road
Wii: Daisy Circuit
3DS: Wuhu Loop, Wario Shipyard, Toad Factory

I will give priority to put all RBs lol…

EDIT: other possible scenarios in spoilers..

If they decided to push just 24 tracks from whats in tour..

2 SNES (6)
2 N64 (8)
2 GBA (10)
4 NGC (12)
5 DS (12)
3 Wii (12)
5 3DS (12)
1 New

Some suggestions, using Tour datamine:
SNES: Vanilla Lake, Ghost Valley
N64: Koopa Troopa Beach, Mario Raceway
GBA: Bowser Castle 4, Luigi Circuit
NGC: Dino Dino Jungle, Mushroom City, Wario Colosseum, Rainbow Road
DS: Delfino Square, Airship Fortress, Rainbow Road, Luigis Mansion, DK Pass
Wii: Daisy Circuit, Dry Dry Ruins, Moonview Highway
3DS: Wuhu Loop, Wario Shipyard, Toad Factory, Bowser Castle, Rosalina’s Ice World

in bold there are 4 tracks no so far in Tour, I put them because I know there are popular requests and there can not be a Rainbow Road. We would have 50% of tracks from N64 and GBA, 75% of tracks from NGC, DS, Wii and 3DS games. Also, there also be 75% themes of SNES

If they were to make a new BCP with 48 tracks I think distribution can be like:

4 SNES (8)
6 N64 (12)
7 GBA (15)
4 NGC (12)
5 DS (12)
3 Wii (12)
5 3DS (12)
9 Tour (1 or 2 per wave) (23)
5 New (almost 1 per wave) (13)

And regarding which tracks:

SNES: Vanilla Lake, Ghost Valley, Koopa Beach, Choco Island
N64: Koopa Troopa Beach, Mario Raceway, Frappe Snowland, Luigi Raceway, Bowser Castle, DK Jungle Parkway
GBA: Bowser Castle 4, Luigi Circuit, Yoshi Desert, Cheep Cheep Island, Peach Circuit, Rainbow Road, Lakeside Park
NGC: Dino Dino Jungle, Mushroom City, Wario Colosseum, Rainbow Road
DS: Delfino Square, Airship Fortress, Rainbow Road, Luigis Mansion, DK Pass
Wii: Daisy Circuit, Dry Dry Ruins, Moonview Highway
3DS: Wuhu Loop, Wario Shipyard, Toad Factory, Bowser Castle, Rosalina’s Ice World

All SNES games themes are represented and 75% of tracks from every game. Also getting away future tour city and new tracks, it can be adjust to 32, 8 new cups in 4 new waves (2 per year, basically like smash, keep releasing DLC but with more gaps between each release…)

Last edited:
Unless the next Mario Kart really shakes things up I think they'll want to save some returning tracks to use for future games; so I can't see us getting any more cups after Booster Course Pass wraps up. Not a question of if they could though; Tour absolutely has the track list to make another wave or two of retro tracks possible; just if they should.

Just as a fun thought experiment, i'll put together a little lineup for an extra wave. Assuming the remaining unaccounted retros for Wave 5 and 6 are:
  • SNES Bowser's Castle (2 or 3)
  • GBA Sunset Wilds
  • GCN Daisy Cruiser
  • GCN DK Mountain
  • GCN Mushroom City
  • Wii Koopa Cape
  • Wii Rainbow Road
then i'd suggest the following cups, if I had to base the selection entirely on tracks that already exist (or are known to exist) in Tour:

Ghost Cup​
Shine Cup​
Bomb Cup​
Bullet Cup​
N64 Mario Raceway​
3DS Wario Shipyard​
SNES Vanilla Lake 2​
Wii Dry Dry Ruins​
SNES Ghost Valley 3​
GBA Yoshi Desert​
N64 Koopa Troopa Beach​
GCN Dino Dino Jungle​
3DS Shy Guy Bazaar​
DS DK Pass​
GBA Bowser's Castle 4​
3DS Bowser's Castle​
DS Luigi's Mansion​
Wii Daisy Circuit​
3DS Rosalina's Ice World​
DS Airship Fortress​

Of course the balance of games and level themes isn't all that great; preferrably a few more fan favourites like N64 or GCN Bowser's Castle, DS Delfino Square and Wii Toad's Factory show up in Tour eventually so they can be included instead of some of the picks I had to resort to. Even then, in quantity there is definitely enough, with more I had to leave out.

Assuming we get both Koopa Cape and Rainbow Road Wii. My top ten favorite missing tracks would be:

Bowser’s Castle Wii
Airship Fortress
Bowser’s Castle N64
Delfino Square
Desert Hills
Peach Beach*
Sherbet Land N64
Banshee Boardwalk
Ghost Valley 2*
Choco Island 2*

* = Still possible

It really is impressive how good Waluigi Stadium looks, considering that it's a literal mud pit. Definitely at least on par with Wario Stadium, and it's not like it was ever a looker in Double Dash or Wii

I kinda find it hard to believe that they would just stop making new Tour/City tracks considering they just overhauled the entire shop system, added the battle mode, and ultimately it represents a collaboration between more than just the regular Mario Kart development team (being a group effort between Bamco, DeNA, and EPD). Likewise, I think they are aware that people are getting the negative stigma towards the city courses, and that there is demand for certain other tracks. I'm definitely biased because I'm pretty confident that we have seen the end of "Mario Kart" and are moving towards the "Mario Kart and friends" model, and the next game, while called Mario Kart, will probably be more of a soft reboot, because it would be pretty impossible to top Tour/8D's course selection otherwise... I mean can you even imagine how much backlash there would be when they charge $70 for only 32 courses at launch!?!

I'm firmly on team keep porting from Tour, and even if Tour isn't as successful, they can milk those tracks through 8D as long as they want. Plus, BCP is a great expansion pass seller, if they are wrapping up all the courses this year, what big DLC expansion do they even have to advertise it with starting next year, when its renewal time from all those people who got it for the GBA games? GameCube ain't coming anytime soon lol

I kinda find it hard to believe that they would just stop making new Tour/City tracks considering they just overhauled the entire shop system, added the battle mode, and ultimately it represents a collaboration between more than just the regular Mario Kart development team (being a group effort between Bamco, DeNA, and EPD). Likewise, I think they are aware that people are getting the negative stigma towards the city courses, and that there is demand for certain other tracks. I'm definitely biased because I'm pretty confident that we have seen the end of "Mario Kart" and are moving towards the "Mario Kart and friends" model, and the next game, while called Mario Kart, will probably be more of a soft reboot, because it would be pretty impossible to top Tour/8D's course selection otherwise... I mean can you even imagine how much backlash there would be when they charge $70 for only 32 courses at launch!?!

I'm firmly on team keep porting from Tour, and even if Tour isn't as successful, they can milk those tracks through 8D as long as they want. Plus, BCP is a great expansion pass seller, if they are wrapping up all the courses this year, what big DLC expansion do they even have to advertise it with starting next year, when its renewal time from all those people who got it for the GBA games? GameCube ain't coming anytime soon lol
We're probably looking at Switch 2 next year, so who knows what the NSO on that system will look like.

This certainly is the wave of the Piranha Plants! We will have:

• normal Piranha Plants (Amsterdam Drift)
  • Ptooies (Riverside Park)
  • hanging Piranha Plants (Yoshi's Island; we haven't had that before right?)
  • Ink Piranha Plants (Bangkok Rush; likely)
  • Fire Piranha Plants (Mario Circuit)
  • mechanical Piranha Plants (Waluigi Stadium)

:D

I think it was around 5PM IIRC. The last wave dropped pretty late.
No the last one was in the morning for the West Coast. I played them and went immediately to bed afterwards.

Edit: tried to look at posts here and I can’t find a way to see timestamps.

I won’t link my Twitter here, but that is timed stamped and it was 5:00 AM US West Coast time for Wave 3.

Last edited:
We’ll get our answer next week but I don’t think we’ll be getting any less than 6 or 7; depending on if they add another row or column. Don’t expect them to try and mix the new racers into the existing selection; just like vanilla Mario Kart 8’s DLC they’ll be stuck in their own column (or row) for certain, to separate them for people who do not own the Booster Course Pass.
I just think the fact we're only getting Birdo for Wave 4 means we're just getting 1 character per wave to be honest

Still hoping we will get a wave 1 update for textures (although I know it's not likely). Those Toad Circuit textures are feeling uglier each wave...

It's nice how there's only 1 week between the announcement and release this time. Itching to give the new tracks a go and having to wait 2 weeks is slightly too long imo
It was nice to see Wave 3 two weeks beforehand but after that trailer, it felt like I was waiting forever to play it. This is similar to Wave 2 where it's full trailer is 1 week before which then makes the wait between trailer and release more bearable.

I'm a little bummed out about Riverside Park. it looks great but I would've rather had Lakeside Park as it's the more complex and interesting version, like how they used Boo Lake instead of Broken Pier in Wave 3

This certainly is the wave of the Piranha Plants! We will have:

• normal Piranha Plants (Amsterdam Drift)
  • Ptooies (Riverside Park)
  • hanging Piranha Plants (Yoshi's Island; we haven't had that before right?)
  • Ink Piranha Plants (Bangkok Rush; likely)
  • Fire Piranha Plants (Mario Circuit)
  • mechanical Piranha Plants (Waluigi Stadium)

:D
Now we just need playable Petey 😩🙏🏻

Honestly I think MK8 will already have a psychotic amount of tracks after the BCP is over. Doing another one would lead to an unimaginable deluge of tracks :O .

wouldnt say no if that means airship fortress will get in though

After a 4.5 month wait for Wave 2 and a 4 month wait for Wave 3, I'm still shocked that this wait was only 3 months. Really makes me think that Wave 1 was slightly rushed and they took some extra time to get the next couple waves right.

This is just me being a delusional dreamer, but if they continue with 3 month wait times:
Early June: Wave 5
Early September: Wave 6
Mid September: BCP 2 announced at Nintendo Direct!
It's less about duration and more about marketing cycle. Highly doubt they will be 3 months apart, or equal durations. One will drop in summer, and the other for the holidays.

Albert makes a great point here. MOBMU might just be another test track similar to MOBNU. So we have a mystery city track and a mystery nitro track to look forward to. I'm gonna take a guess and say we're looking at a Cairo city track and a New Donk City nitro track.

Albert makes a great point here. MOBMU might just be another test track similar to MOBNU. So we have a mystery city track and a mystery nitro track to look forward to. I'm gonna take a guess and say we're looking at a Cairo city track and a New Donk City nitro track.

New Donk City makes so much sense as one of the new tracks. Part of me doesn’t want it with 14 other cities, but you know if they did it they’d go all out for it.

Would they do a Donkey Kong track and a New Donk City track? Feels like a bit overkill to me, even if they are fairly different.

New Donk City makes so much sense as one of the new tracks. Part of me doesn’t want it with 14 other cities, but you know if they did it they’d go all out for it.
I could see the rest of the pass going something like this.

Wave 5 Feather Cup:
  • Tour Madrid Mayhem
  • GBA Sunset Wilds
  • GCN Daisy Cruiser
  • Tour Los Angeles Laps
Wave 5 Cherry Cup:
  • Tour Athens Airways
  • SNES Vanilla Lake
  • Wii Koopa Cape
  • NEW Pirahna Plant Cove
Wave 5 Character: Petey Piranha (ties into Pirahna Plant Cove)

Wave 6 Acorn Cup:
  • Tour Vancouver Velocity
  • GCN Dino Dino Jungle
  • NEW Bathroom Breakout
  • NEW New Donk City
Wave 6 Spiny Cup:
  • Tour Cairo Circuit
  • NEW DK Rampage
  • GCN Bowser Castle
  • Wii Rainbow Road
Wave 6 characters: Pauline and Diddy Kong (ties into New Donk City and DK Rampage)

Back
Top Bottom