• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
I suspect Wave 3 will get a release date next week or the week after, in time for Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday and one of their peak periods in the Holiday Season rush. If it doesn’t in that time, then Game Awards night would probably be the latest point it releases.

I just hope we see a lot more antigravity because I find the lack of it in the Booster Course Pass has been disappointing, especially as it’s shown in the promotional pictures. I’ll still play the hell out of it, but more antigravity, please!!

Given that the event is going on from November 18th through December 27th, and the obvious assumption that Wave 3 is clearly going to release sometime within that window, there’s no doubt that Wave 3 will be featured at the event once it releases—the question is, will it be there from the beginning, or will it only be there after it officially releases?
* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Quoted by: Tye
the september direct was so dull that people have already blocked it from their memory
No way I would forget Fist of the North Star Fitness Boxing

Anyway, I asked this in the general thread already, don't know why I didn't do it here: Does anybody else on here like to play with the app's voice chat. I've only done it a few times because no one uses it, but the times I have has always been fun

Probably not Friday (Pokemon). A trailer this Wednesday for Friday release date next week makes the most sense to me.
It could be Thursday announcement to Thursday release like with Wave 2 since the announcement was 1 day before Xenoblade 3's release so they could do the same here with Pokemon.

It could be Thursday announcement to Thursday release like with Wave 2 since the announcement was 1 day before Xenoblade 3's release so they could do the same here with Pokemon.
I don't think they would release it on a holiday though, and Nintendo normally prefers Friday releases.

Splatoon 3 update will almost certainly be on a Thursday too, and Wave 2 speaks for itself. XC3 DLC was on a Thursday as well.

Dates don’t seem to matter for DLC.
Even so, I doubt they'll release a DLC on a major holiday. Even if most of the world doesnt celebrate it, the US (and Nintendo of America) does.

Even so, I doubt they'll release a DLC on a major holiday. Even if most of the world doesnt celebrate it, the US (and Nintendo of America) does.
I know, I was more responding to the “favoring Friday” part.

I think Wednesday or Friday would make the most sense, assuming it’s actually coming out in two weeks (which might not be the case, I’m 50/50).

I'm gonna be real I misread the second thursday as tuesday and was very confused by it being a national holiday

My only hope for the release date of Wave 3 is that they give me enough time to make new graphics for the OP. I'll have to come up with new cameo ideas, but I think I have one in mind. It'll also give me a chance to reveal the cameos for Wave 2, for those who missed them beforehand!

I’m sticking with my December 1st prediction for Wave 3. It’s a Thursday release date again, it’s not pulling away from Pokemon week, it’s not a holiday, and it’s not Dragon Quest Treasures week. Somewhere in the next 50 days is Switch Sports Golf too we can’t forget.

I’m sticking with my December 1st prediction for Wave 3. It’s a Thursday release date again, it’s not pulling away from Pokemon week, it’s not a holiday, and it’s not Dragon Quest Treasures week. Somewhere in the next 50 days is Switch Sports Golf too we can’t forget.
Would they drop two big updates on the same day? Splatoon 3 Season 2 should release on that day.

Guess they could do it Wednesday or Friday.

I imagine they'll announce their 4 upcoming service title updates (Splatoon 3 season 2, Mario Kart BP Wave 3, Switch Sports Golf, and Goldeneye NSO plus maybe some Genesis games if they don't come this week) all together the week Thanksgiving, with the updates coming at various times over the next few weeks.

Would they drop two big updates on the same day? Splatoon 3 Season 2 should release on that day.

Guess they could do it Wednesday or Friday.
That’s mostly just a new catalog, balance patch, and maybe new map news? I don’t feel it’s comparable, but I guess it could be depending on what comes with it.

I imagine they'll announce their 4 upcoming service title updates (Splatoon 3 season 2, Mario Kart BP Wave 3, Switch Sports Golf, and Goldeneye NSO plus maybe some Genesis games if they don't come this week) all together the week Thanksgiving, with the updates coming at various times over the next few weeks.
I wish they did this. Micro DLC Direct.

That’s mostly just a new catalog, balance patch, and maybe new map news? I don’t feel it’s comparable, but I guess it could be depending on what comes with it.
Given the complete lack of anything up to this point, the new season will almost certainly be a pretty significant update with new weapons, maps, gear, and the catalog. Can't imagine they'd go over three months without adding anything significant.

Given the complete lack of anything up to this point, the new season will almost certainly be a pretty significant update with new weapons, maps, gear, and the catalog. Can't imagine they'd go over three months without adding anything significant.
I guess it has been quiet relative to Splatoon and Splatoon 2. Felt those games had new stuff every other week.

I’m just saying, what all drops on that day though and what do they talk about beforehand or on the day of. If it’s all on the day it drops, yeah we can probably rule it out for Mario Kart, but if they give us a spread out road map a different day it could relatively not be as huge of a deal.

I feel this thread is becoming the new Nintendo Direct / Tweet speculation thread lol.

If the DLC is releasing this week we should find out in the next 13 hours or so. Otherwise I'm expecting a trailer on Wednesday.

Isn't it the opposite? The DLC probably isn't releasing until after the event.
I’m not super familiar with these tournaments, but a quick Google search says that there was one in late July. Wave 2 launched the next week.

Makes me more confident in my 2nd week of December prediction.

Wave Three dropping the night before Black Friday, gotta clear out all those Mario Kart Switch bundles in time for Drake 😎

I’m not super familiar with these tournaments, but a quick Google search says that there was one in late July. Wave 2 launched the next week.

Makes me more confident in my 2nd week of December prediction.
Could go either way really.. There was a tournament just after the first pack, and another before the second.

Oof. The Switch Sports golf update is coming later this month. Combine that with the tournament and Splatoon 3 update launching on the 1st, I think the earliest we see this is the week of the 9th.

Oof. The Switch Sports golf update is coming later this month. Combine that with the tournament and Splatoon 3 update launching on the 1st, I think the earliest we see this is the week of the 9th.
It’s not impossible that Switch Sports comes out the same week as the Splatoon update, but I’d definitely recommend hedging bets. Guess we’ll know this week, at the very least.

I'm honesty okay with a mid December release? I'm gonna be busy with Pokémon Scarlet, anyway. Let that get its time in the sun, let Switch Sports and Splatoon 3 get their updates, then let this pack come in to help celebrate the holidays.

Of course, even as the OP, I'm not intensely following data mining or speculation. It'll come out when it comes out.

Hey Magic Man, just curious where did you see the Switch Sports Golf news? I checked Nintendo’s Twitter and Youtube, but didn’t spot anything.

Hey Magic Man, just curious where did you see the Switch Sports Golf news? I checked Nintendo’s Twitter and Youtube, but didn’t spot anything.
you should've asked me, a true yoshikazu yamashita enthusiast

anyway it was a japanese commercial

edit: veering off topic a bit but notice that these ads always use the vastly superior miis

Ok with confirmation of Switch Sports and Splatoon 3’s DLC drop days I do think we are looking at deeper into December. I never believed November since I think the whole point of this DLC is to make people excited for Mario Kart for a full two years rather than deliver it quickly. I had previously settled on December 1 which is Splatoon day so that’s out.

I’m picking December 15th now. It’s the Thursday after Dragon Quest Treasures week and ten days before Christmas which is a perfect time for Merry Mountain and before everyone probably starts holiday vacations.

Ok with confirmation of Switch Sports and Splatoon 3’s DLC drop days I do think we are looking at deeper into December. I never believed November since I think the whole point of this DLC is to make people excited for Mario Kart for a full two years rather than deliver it quickly. I had previously settled on December 1 which is Splatoon day so that’s out.

I’m picking December 15th now. It’s the Thursday after Dragon Quest Treasures week and ten days before Christmas which is a perfect time for Merry Mountain and before everyone probably starts holiday vacations.
I really doubt it's that late, Nintendo likes to have everything out by the first week or so of December. That might honestly be the latest "Nintendo" release we've seen in years, although I'm too lazy to check that.

I'm leaning towards the week before that, 7th through the 9th, although I'll still hold out hope for next week.

I still think this hinges on when Merry Mountain is the spotlight track of a tour since a Booster Course Pass wave's 'nitro' track is the spotlight track of the tour immediately following that Wave's release as we saw with Wave 1 and then the Samurai Tour happened 5 days later with Ninja Hideaway as the spotlight track and then Wave 2 happened which was followed by the Sundae Tour 6 days later with Sky-High Sundae. I am of the personal belief that Wave 3 was only ever going to release in two windows: it is either going to be released around November 25th (with Merry Mountain being the spotlight track in the tour starting November 30th) or around December 9th (with Merry Mountain being the spotlight track in the tour starting December 14th) and it will not be any later than December 9th imo because I don't think Merry Mountain will be such a late spotlight.

I really doubt it's that late, Nintendo likes to have everything out by the first week or so of December. That might honestly be the latest "Nintendo" release we've seen in years, although I'm too lazy to check that.

I'm leaning towards the week before that, 7th through the 9th, although I'll still hold out hope for next week.
I feel pretty strongly you don’t want to overshadow one of your biggest third party exclusives if you can avoid it. I know Nintendo doesn’t always adhere to that, but they care about Dragon Quest a lot and recent footage shows Treasures is more ambitious than initial showings made it appear.

I feel pretty strongly you don’t want to overshadow one of your biggest third party exclusives if you can avoid it. I know Nintendo doesn’t always adhere to that, but they care about Dragon Quest a lot and recent footage shows Treasures is more ambitious than initial showings made it appear.
The game isn't published by Nintendo though, and it's not like Nintendo has given Square's games a ton of priority in the past either. Dragon Quest XI launched a week after Link's Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 launched a week after Live A Live, and Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe is launching on the same day as Octopath Traveler II.

I'm sure Nintendo wants the game to perform well, but releasing Mario Kart 8 DLC a day or two before isn't really going to affect it all that much, especially if Square is willing to pony up for a Game Awards trailer.

IMO it's super dumb to have Wave 3 come out so close to Christmas with Merry Mountain in the pack. You want people playing a Christmas track in the lead up to Christmas. Thanksgiving would have been the perfect time for it. Plus you get to use it in holiday ads. Makes no sense to me.

The game isn't published by Nintendo though, and it's not like Nintendo has given Square's games a ton of priority in the past either. Dragon Quest XI launched a week after Link's Awakening, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 launched a week after Live A Live, and Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe is launching on the same day as Octopath Traveler II.

I'm sure Nintendo wants the game to perform well, but releasing Mario Kart 8 DLC a day or two before isn't really going to affect it all that much, especially if Square is willing to pony up for a Game Awards trailer.
In two of those examples they still gave them the week to themselves and with Live A Live they even coordinated a special Treehouse for it. They do work with Square regularly for promotion (like Harvestella) which is why I said they’ll certainly try to avoid stepping on them even if it doesn’t always work out. The third example you gave with the time they aren’t is for a rerelease which I don’t think rocks the boat too much as the attention will primarily be on Octopath II.

I think the more compelling argument for December 8 is Skipper’s Tour analysis. There’s some synergy there they might not want to break. That said I’m sticking with December 15th for my guess since I think they sort of dodged it by announcing Merry Mountain early.

Back
Top Bottom