• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass |ST| Doubled Dash!! [WAVE 6 AVAILABLE NOW]

What is your favorite course in Wave 6?

• Rome Avanti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DK Mountain

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Daisy Circuit

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Piranha Plant Cove

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Madrid Drive

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Rosalina's Ice World

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • SNES Bowser Castle 3

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Wii Rainbow Road

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters
My expectations for anti-gravity are fairly low, considering that the geometry of both Merry Mountain and Sky-High Sundae are more or less unchanged from Tour. They're just grafting it onto the existing tracks, which, while still an improvement, doesn't move the needle a ton of me.

However, with that being said, I'll echo the sentiment that it's too early to judge Wave 3, because I've found that some tracks simply play better (or worse) with Mario Kart 8's controls than others. DS Waluigi Pinball was a terrible fit with the more slippery controls of Mario Kart 7, but it plays perfectly in Mario Kart 8. Conversely, N64 Kalimari Desert's wider turns make drifting really awkward in Mario Kart 8, whereas it worked perfectly in Mario Kart 7. Stuff like that makes it really hard to judge Wave 3 at the moment, because tracks that I absolutely adore (Wii Maple Treeway, 3DS Rainbow Road) could end up worse than I'm anticipating, while other tracks I'm not terribly excited for (3DS Rock Rock Mountain, DS Peach Gardens) could play wonderfully.

As for Wave 1 and Wave 2, I think my overall opinion has dropped ever so slightly, although I still like both quite a bit. Sky-High Sundae in particular has plunged down my rankings, dropping from an A- all the way to a B-. If I had to lay everything out in ranked order (in which the numbers represent how many tiers they've moved up/down since I last ranked them):
  1. DS Waluigi Pinball (S) +1
  2. Wii Coconut Mall (S-) -1
  3. Ninja Hideaway (A+)
  4. DS Shroom Ridge (A)
  5. Wii Mushroom Gorge (A)
  6. N64 Choco Mountain (A-) -1
  7. Tour Sydney Sprint (A-)
  8. GBA Snow Land (B)
  9. Tour New York Minute (B) -1
  10. GBA Sky Garden (B)
  11. Sky-High Sundae (B-) -3
  12. N64 Kalimari Desert (B-) -1
  13. Paris Promenade (C+)
  14. 3DS Toad Circuit (C)
  15. Tour Tokyo Blur (C) -1
  16. SNES Mario Circuit 3 (C-)
As for Wave 4-6, I'll echo what Mondo said for the most part. Regardless of what the new city tracks end up being like though, the current 5 still not in the BCP are all better than the ones we currently have in my opinion, so we'll see a nice boost there. Other than that, most of my preferred tracks will have been added by that point; I'm just waiting on DS Delfino Plaza, DS Airship Fortress, Wii Koopa Cape, Wii Rainbow Road, and 3DS Maka Wuhu as my remaining S-Tier tracks across the series (although the chances of DS Delfino PLaza and 3DS Maka Wuhu coming are pretty low).

Goddamn it; Tour is getting Wii Daisy Circuit and 8DX definitely won't.

Also a new gap for N64 that could only be Mario Raceway or Moo Moo Farm. Take a guess based on the Mii Costume for next Tour.

EDIT: Image updated. I'm not sorting Moo Moo Farm (or Mario Raceway I guess but lol) into order when it's likely to be revealed next week, not worth it. Daisy Circuit gets a nice comfy spot though since I don't think we'll be seeing it for awhile.

Mario_Kart_Tour_Course_List.png

Last edited:
Goddamn it; Tour is getting Wii Daisy Circuit and 8DX definitely won't.

Also a new gap for N64 that could only be Mario Raceway or Moo Moo Farm. Take a guess based on the Mii Costume for next Tour.

EDIT: Image updated. I'm not sorting Moo Moo Farm (or Mario Raceway I guess but lol) into order when it's likely to be revealed next week, not worth it. Daisy Circuit gets a nice comfy spot though since I don't think we'll be seeing it for awhile.

When will we find out if the next tour is going to be Christmas themed? I don't follow Tour very well so I'm not sure on any patterns we can go by.

When will we find out if the next tour is going to be Christmas themed? I don't follow Tour very well so I'm not sure on any patterns we can go by.
Next Tour theme is gonna be Moo Moo themed most likely, so the absolute latest we would know about the Tour after that is 23 days from now. It’s not impossible we find out in 9 days though.

Next Tour theme is gonna be Moo Moo themed most likely, so the absolute latest we would know about the Tour after that is 23 days from now. It’s not impossible we find out in 9 days though.
So it's the tour after next we need to be looking at to see if we're likely to get a late November release?

Will be the last week in November at the earliest before they announce that. The New Year Tour will definitely start on the 27th though so I expect something vaguely Christmassy will be the one before that.
Edit: oh right, it was only 2019 where the 'holiday tour 'actually covered Christmas, so maybe not.

Last edited:

Not the next tour (looks like it’ll be called something close to ‘Farm Tour’ based on the Mii Costume and potential new course), but the tour afterwards is what we’re looking for; and it could happen as soon as next week. Full explanation here:

As for releasing timing for wave 3, we should have an idea next week when we see the teaser for the tour after the next’s Mii Costume. If it’s obviously Christmas themed then we’ve hit the jackpot. The 2020 and 2021 Holiday Tours, with Merry Mountain in spotlight, occurred at the start of December rather than over Christmas; and the wave 1 and 2 promotional tours with Ninja Hideaway and Sky High-Sundae dropped as soon as possible after the DLC did. If Merry Mountain is in spotlight for the Tour starting November 30th, then we’ll see the DLC release the prior week, 25th of November maybe.

Not the next tour (looks like it’ll be called something close to ‘Farm Tour’ based on the Mii Costume and potential new course), but the tour afterwards is what we’re looking for; and it could happen as soon as next week. Full explanation here:
Thank you! Also, this is off-topic, but how did you figure out that Daisy Circuit was coming to Tour?

Thank you! Also, this is off-topic, but how did you figure out that Daisy Circuit was coming to Tour?

The ID gaps that have been discussed here before. They change every time a new tour launches, and this Tour there are two new gaps; between Luigi Circuit and Peach Circuit (Japanese names of Luigi Raceway and Royal Raceway), and Coconut Mall and DK Summit.

N64 has two possible options that fit (though with the Moo Moo Mii Costume coming soon I think we can assume which of them will make it) while the Wii gap could only be for Daisy Circuit.

Worth noting is that some existing gaps in the GBA and GCN selections have grown massively too (between Cheep Cheep Island and Sky Garden; and Dino Dino Jungle and Yoshi Circuit), so we should be seeing GBA Luigi Circuit and one of the many upcoming GCN tracks very soon in Tour, next few months.

Last edited:
The ID gaps that have been discussed here before. They change every time a new tour launches, and this Tour there are two new gaps; between Luigi Circuit and Peach Circuit (Japanese names of Luigi Raceway and Royal Raceway), and Coconut Mall and DK Summit.

N64 has two possible options that fit (though with the Moo Moo Mii Costume coming soon I think we can assume which of them will make it) while the Wii gap could only be for Daisy Circuit.

Worth noting is that some existing gaps in the GBA and GCN selections have grown massively too (between Cheep Cheep Island and Sky Garden; and Dino Dino Jungle and Yoshi Circuit), so we should be seeing GBA Luigi Circuit and one of the many upcoming GCN tracks very soon in Tour, next few months.
Cool, thank you.

Regardless of whenever it comes out I really hope the wave 3 trailer is imminent, I just wanna see all the tracks and have an exact release date to prep for already! Also I really hope we do eventually get characters from Tour brought over, although the more waves we get with no additional updates the less likely I feel it is

Regardless of whenever it comes out I really hope the wave 3 trailer is imminent, I just wanna see all the tracks and have an exact release date to prep for already! Also I really hope we do eventually get characters from Tour brought over, although the more waves we get with no additional updates the less likely I feel it is
If we don’t get characters by wave 4 I’m assuming it’s not happening. Would be a great way to refresh interest in the DLC.

Do they not order Cheep Cheep Island as Pukupuku island?

Do they not order Cheep Cheep Island as Pukupuku island?

Nope. Pretty inconsistant with the English vs Japanese naming internally.

Bowser's Castle, Neo Bowser City, Cheep Cheep Lagoon / Island, Shy Guy Bazaar, Toad Circuit, Boo Lake; English naming.

Packun Slider, Rosetta Planet, Killer Ship; Japanese naming.

On top of the longest gap in the pass, the worst part of the Wave 2 wait was only having the eight tracks from Wave 1 to enjoy in the meantime which was the biggest tease. 16 is a solid number you likely won’t exhaust in one sitting if you play some tracks from the base game too.

I still think it’s wild we have 64(!) tracks in the game right now. We will soon have 72!!

I know I'm late but I only recently played Wave 2. Surprised to see how popular Sundae is, it was probbaly my least favourite track of the whole DLC so far. Very happy with Wave 2 in general though, Mario Kart just never stops being fun

I know I'm late but I only recently played Wave 2. Surprised to see how popular Sundae is, it was probbaly my least favourite track of the whole DLC so far. Very happy with Wave 2 in general though, Mario Kart just never stops being fun
If you are looking at the poll above, it never got properly reset, despite some of us asking for a reset. Most of the votes were for Ninja Hideaway. Hopefully we get a proper fresh poll for Wave 3.

If you are looking at the poll above, it never got properly reset, despite some of us asking for a reset. Most of the votes were for Ninja Hideaway. Hopefully we get a proper fresh poll for Wave 3.
Oooh that's why it said I already voted lol oops
Nevermind then

If there is one thing I don't love about Famiboards, it's that the poll system isn't always the most clear. Once Wave 3 is here, we'll indeed get a fresh reset of the votes.

What  was the thread favorite? Waluigi Pinball? I still love Sydney Sprint the most.

If there is one thing I don't love about Famiboards, it's that the poll system isn't always the most clear. Once Wave 3 is here, we'll indeed get a fresh reset of the votes.

What  was the thread favorite? Waluigi Pinball? I still love Sydney Sprint the most.
Yeah a bit frustrating, I know at least you and me reported it.

I agree with @Raccoon Mario Circuit 3 is my favorite from this wave, but Sydney is right up there as my second fav. Waluigi Pinball is my third and I could see it maybe slide up in the future, some of those gnarly turns are really fun.

I kinda wanna rank the 96 tracks once we get all of them but I also don't have strong enough opinions to warrant anything more granular than like an unordered three-tier list

now, series items, I got plenty of opinions on those

So, Tour got a very small update today. It just so happened to add even more ID gaps than last time.

1) Between Yoshi Valley and Choco Island 1 (can only be SNES Bowser Castle)
2) Between Bowser Castle 3 and Cheep Cheep Island (Bowser Castle 4 and Broken Pier are both options)
3) Between Maple Treeway and Mushroom Gorge (three options here; Mario Circuit, Moo Moo Meadows and Moonview Highway).

This is on top of gaps for Daisy Circuit and Moo Moo Farm / Mario Raceway from the start of the Tour. Now both Moo Moo Farm and Moo Moo Meadows are equal possibilities for the next Tour; and we can finally say with certainty that SNES Bowser Castle has a shot for 8DX.

Last edited:
Assuming this is releasing around the end of the month, I wonder if we'll see the trailer later this week or next week? I don't think we'll hear anything on Thanksgiving week (especially since it might release on Friday of that week).

Assuming this is releasing around the end of the month, I wonder if we'll see the trailer later this week or next week? I don't think we'll hear anything on Thanksgiving week (especially since it might release on Friday of that week).
Next week. Just like how they handled it for Wave 2.

Next week. Just like how they handled it for Wave 2.
I'm kinda wondering if they'll release the trailer early to get away from the Pokemon hype. Pokemon reviews should hit next Wednesday after all (so I think Tuesday is the latest they'll show the trailer if it releases this month).

Next week is all Pokemon, any news this month is this week (Indie World!) or early Thanksgiving week imo.

I'm kinda wondering if they'll release the trailer early to get away from the Pokemon hype. Pokemon reviews should hit next Wednesday after all (so I think Tuesday is the latest they'll show the trailer if it releases this month).
I get that Pokémon is a different beast, but they still dropped the Wave 2 trailer a day before one of their primary releases for the year.

I think the marketing conflict presented by the BCP isn’t really all that significant in Nintendo’s eyes.

I think a cool tournament to do would be something like "King of the Time Trials". Fami members are paired against each other and in each round you're tasked with getting the fastest lap and whoever posts the best time progresses.

I think a cool tournament to do would be something like "King of the Time Trials". Fami members are paired against each other and in each round you're tasked with getting the fastest lap and whoever posts the best time progresses.
I would like this.

Well, so much for Moo Moo, lol. There was reason to think a GCN course would be coming very soon but it didn't seem likely based on the Mii Costume. How weird.

DK MOUNTAIN! If they add Dino Dino Jungle, and not DK Mountain in the BCP, I will be so so sad :( Here’s hope Nintendo puts forward the better course!

That’s huge. Gotta think it shows up in the BCP now considering it’s a fan favorite.

DK MOUNTAIN! If they add Dino Dino Jungle, and not DK Mountain in the BCP, I will be so so sad :( Here’s hope Nintendo puts forward the better course!

If we ended up getting DK Mountain over Dino Dino Jungle in the BCP, I would be very happy. I was never the biggest fan of the latter, but DK Mountain has such good pacing and energy. One of Double Dash's most memorable courses for sure.

Back
Top Bottom