• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Kiseki/Trails Community |ST| Ul-tra-vi-o-lence ♪ - Tag your Spoilers!

Xavi

Hresvelg
Header.png

Welcome to Famiboards' Kiseki/Trails community ST! I've noticed there's actual interest in the series over here so I figured I'd be nice to have a place to talk about Trails and everything Falcom. Welcome to this incredible RPG series to date that has been running for almost 20 years now.

Games

1-Liberl.png

SkyFC.png

Trails in the Sky FC

Hailed as one of the largest, longest and most meticulously detailed turn-based JRPG series of all time, this first chapter in the ongoing Trails saga sets the stage for what's quickly become Ys developer Nihon Falcom's most popular and best-selling franchise in their entire 30+ year history.
Platforms:
Steam | GOG | PSP | PS3 (JP)

SkySC.png

Trails in the Sky SC

Picking up shortly after The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Estelle travels across Liberl in search of Joshua. The journey involves more than seeking loved ones, however, as the Bracer Guild also tasks her with unraveling the mysteries behind the newly unveiled Society of Ouroboros.
Platforms:

If you are interested in reading about the history of Trails in the west, I recommend you read this article about the gigantic effort it took to localize SC.

The Curse of Kiseki: How One Of Japan's Biggest RPGs Barely Made It To America

Sky3rd.png

Trails in the Sky The 3rd
Half a year after Trails in the Sky SC, Father Kevin Graham takes on a routine mission on behalf of the Septian Church. He and his partner are then plunged into a realm that follows an unnaturally strict set of rules and is as intent to open old wounds as it is to keep them behind closed doors.
Platforms:

2-Crossbell.png

Zero.png

Trails From Zero

When Lloyd Bannings is assigned to Crossbell's Special Support Section, he and his new teammates must prove themselves as they fight to overcome the injustice of a city gripped by corruption.
Platforms:
Steam | GOG | PSP | PS4 | Switch

Azure.png

Trails To Azure

The Special Support Section is back with more members and more cases to solve! How will this rag-tag group deal with the oncoming threats to Crossbell’s political stability while maintaining their team’s foundation?
Platforms:
Steam | GOG | PSP | PS4 | Switch

3-Erebonia.png

CSI.png

Trails of Cold Steel
At Thors Military Academy, Erebonia’s best learn everything from the art of war to liberal arts. First year Rean Schwarzer learns he’s been selected to join the controversial Class VII, and they’ll need to deal with more than just class warfare--they’ll need to safeguard their country from chaos.
Platforms:
Steam | GOG | PSVita | PS3 | PS4

CSII.png

Trails of Cold Steel II
Civil war has broken out across Erebonia. After his narrow escape from Trista, Rean will take up his sword again on a journey with his Divine Knight, Valimar, in search of his friends from Class VII and a way to end the conflict before its price becomes far too dear...
Platforms:
Steam | GOG | PSVita | PS3 | PS4

CSIII.png

Trails of Cold Steel III
Rean Schwarzer uncovers a dark plot that threatens his homeland. To face their enemies, he must prepare a new generation of heroes as an instructor at a new branch campus and guide them towards victory.
Platforms:
Steam | GOG | PS4 | Switch | PS5 (Early 2024)

CSIV.png

Trails of Cold Steel IV: The End of Saga

The long awaited finale to the epic engulfing a continent comes to a head in the final chapter of the Trails of Cold Steel saga!
Platforms:
Steam | GOG | PS4 | Switch | PS5 (Early 2024)

Reverie.png

Trails Into Reverie

Three different legends are about to unfold! Determine the fates of Rean Schwarzer, Lloyd Bannings, and the mysterious “C” in this climactic chapter of The Legend of Heroes series.
Platforms:
Steam | GOG | PS4 | Switch | PS5

4-Calvard.png

Daybreak.png

Trails Through Daybreak
Dive into the newest chapter of the Trails series with Trails Through Daybreak and experience the adventure with enhanced combat, updated visuals, and high-speed game mode!
Platforms (July 5, 2024):
Steam | GOG | PS4 | Switch | PS5

Daybreak-II.png

Trails Through Daybreak II: Crimson SiN (?)

co7j4b.jpg

Kai no Kiseki -Farewell, O Zemuria-

Trails in-game timeline, thanks to RPGFan.
Trails-Series-Timeline-RPGFan-V3.png

Zemurian Map (December 2023 version)

image.png

I don't have access/don't want to play the older games, can I start with [Insert title here] ?
You certainly can start out of order, just some things to note: It is recommended to begin at the start of each arc. That means, if you won't start with Trails in the Sky, you can start with the first game of each arc. That means you can start with Trails From Zero, Trails of Cold Steel or Trails through Daybreak. Just keep in mind you will most likely miss out on a lot of things/some scenes won't have the same impact and you will get spoilered on some things as well.

Cold Steel I and II aren't on Switch, can I start with Zero, Azure and jump straight to Cold Steel III?
I really really recommend you don't do this. Doesn't matter what NISA said as a marketing gimmick, playing CS1 and 2 is necessary to fully understand CSIII and IV and you will miss out on a lot of things. Even then, that's just my opinion and you certainly can start the Erebonia arc if you want to. Nothing is stoping you. The PC ports are very good and can run a semi decent pc/laptop. You can watch YouTube summaries as a last resort too. If you are set on skipping CS1 and CS2, here's a review from someone who started their Trails series with CSIII.

I heard that the Crossbell and Erebonia arcs spoil each other, how should I go about that?
Just play in release order and don't think about it. It's the inteded way of experiencing the series.

MUSIC.png

For more in-depth knowledge of Falcom's Sound Team J.D.K./jdk :

Kiseki Wiki
AVOID THIS IF YOU AREN'T CAUGHT UP.

Due to the nature of this series, you must SPOILER TAG everything story related. Not everyone is caught up with the series and others may be interested in starting out.

Last edited:
Excellent ST.

Hoping to dive into Cold Steel at some point next year. Had a lot of fun replaying Sky and playing Crossbell for the first time a year ago, but I definitely needed a break.

Excellent ST.

Hoping to dive into Cold Steel at some point next year. Had a lot of fun replaying Sky and playing Crossbell for the first time a year ago, but I definitely needed a break.
Yeah, the Trails burnout can be brutal. I took like a 2 year break before starting Cold Steel III.

Thanks for making this thread! Daybreak is one of my most anticipated titles for next year, so I'm eagerly awaiting the specific release date announcement.

Fantastic Thread! I started with Zero (Saw Sky) and once Azure was out, I binged the series till CS3 in the sumer. Took a break and started CS4, but took a break in September because I was burned out lol.

Recently started it again, since I was like 80% done. Will play Reverie closer to Daybreak

I'll add the STs to the OP tomorrow, thank you for linking them here.

I'll make a separate category for the other non-canon games like Nayuta (for now?) and other versions like Evolution.

A HOME FOR TRAILS POSTING AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!

Can't believe how much of a hold this series currently has on me having only started it back in July.

Currently making good progress through Act 2 of Cold Steel II and enjoying it very much
Really been enjoying the freedom of Act 2, travelling all over eastern Erebonia and gathering up students while also liberating towns and cities from the Noble Alliance. Currently having to gather Zemurian Ore from the mysterious shrines so we can make Valimar a proper weapon

Hiiii I'm in the middle of cold steel 3. Feeling a burnout because I played from Azure to here in 2023 lol... CS3 is a rethread of CS1 with more bloat so I'm feeling tired. But I'll eventually beat it. I love trails but man so many games, and similar games at that

Oh, what a surprise of a thread.

And news too for its creation.

Title A: The Legend of Heroes: Kai no Kiseki – Farewell, O Zemuria (TBD) – 2024
Unannounced Title B: Trails Series (TBD) – In Development
Unannounced Title C: Action RPG (TBD) – In Development
Unannounced Title D (TBD) – In Development
Ported Titles (TBD) – Suspended Development of Three Titles
The Legend of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak (Switch) – February 15, 2024
Unannounced Switch Title E (Switch) – In Development
Unannounced Ported Title F (PS5, PS4) – In Development

I guess Kuro 2 is the Switch port, coming before Kai's release. I assume TX2 is among those titles, and the 3 suspended ones could be the Sky trilogy.

I guess Kuro 2 is the Switch port, coming before Kai's release. I assume TX2 is among those titles, and the 3 suspended ones could be the Sky trilogy.
Most of the list seems deducible.

Title D might be the non trails/ys game. Could Unported F be the Nayuta port, I dont recall if its on playstation in japan

Most of the list seems deducible.

Title D might be the non trails/ys game. Could Unported F be the Nayuta port, I dont recall if its on playstation in japan
I'm pretty sure Nayuta is already out on PS4 in Japan for a long time. I think TX2 is title D. Still, what could be ported title F be. Oh, just saw this.

1703260977121.png

I'm pretty sure Nayuta is already out on PS4 in Japan for a long time. I think TX2 is title D. Still, what could be ported title F be. Oh, just saw this.

View attachment 1529
Oh thats neat. I remember seeing the Happy Console Gamer's review on Celceta. I went to check and like Oath, Xseed was involved (Marvelous for the PS4 version) so that kinda sucks lol.

You are right, Nayuta has been on the PS4 in Japan since 2021. I looked at every Falcom game and for Trails, only Sky is missing, so my guess that F might be an Ys game. Maybe Ys Seven or Zwei lol.

A Trails (and broader Falcom) ST on Fami? Sign me up!

I've got Trails to Azure and Ys Seven ready to go. Think I'll play them sometime this January/February.

IF this actually means they want to release 4-5 titles a year I can't help but be a tad worried.

I don't know if they've been expanding internally these past few years but a developer like Falcom seems to barely be able to release a new title and a couple of ports a year. No way they have the bandwidth to do more than that if they're still under 70 (was it?) employees.

A more reasonable scenario would be handling simultaneously 4 to 5 projects at once, though that also seems like a lot of work.

Nice thread! Anyone else here gonna be playing Kai no Kiseki in 2024 (the JP release)? It's easily my most hyped game of the year.

Also, I want to ask, who else goes "full immersion" playthroughs on these games? I'm talking about: doing all the side quests, exhausting all the NPC dialogue every time it updates, reading all the books... Because that's what I do lol, no regrets either, I really feel it enhances the world and I absolutely love both the little side stories that unfold among the NPCs and when optional dialogue is actually connected to the narrative in a big way.

I'm fully caught up on the games myself, the Kuro games being the first time I tackled playing the games in Japanese (Nayuta as well which was actually pretty easy. 100% "achievements" playthrough), and as you can see, that taking quite a while, but it was an amazing learning experience:

MohmjZL.jpg

(extra note: I played the Crossbell games in 2021 with the Geofront TL patches and Reverie/Hajimari with the Zerofield patch in 2022)

Now that I really look at this all laid out, damn did I have one of the most amazing gaming rides of my life from 2020-2022...

Nice thread! Anyone else here gonna be playing Kai no Kiseki in 2024 (the JP release)? It's easily my most hyped game of the year.

Also, I want to ask, who else goes "full immersion" playthroughs on these games? I'm talking about: doing all the side quests, exhausting all the NPC dialogue every time it updates, reading all the books... Because that's what I do lol, no regrets either, I really feel it enhances the world and I absolutely love both the little side stories that unfold among the NPCs and when optional dialogue is actually connected to the narrative in a big way.

I'm fully caught up on the games myself, the Kuro games being the first time I tackled playing the games in Japanese (Nayuta as well which was actually pretty easy. 100% "achievements" playthrough), and as you can see, that taking quite a while, but it was an amazing learning experience:

MohmjZL.jpg

(extra note: I played the Crossbell games in 2021 with the Geofront TL patches and Reverie/Hajimari with the Zerofield patch in 2022)

Now that I really look at this all laid out, damn did I have one of the most amazing gaming rides of my life from 2020-2022...
Omg so envy you. I don't have the energy to do so much. In fact my playtimes are very slim. I think CSII took me 37h? And I still can't progress in III due to fatigue hahahaha. I think I'll play Daybreak/Kuro when it comes out since it probably won't matter much if I played CSIV and Hajimari.

MohmjZL.jpg

I play the series the same way you do. It's the Kiseki way. It's the reason why I burn out each time after finishing a title.

I play the series the same way you do. It's the Kiseki way. It's the reason why I burn out each time after finishing a title.
Yeah I was taking decent breaks between finishing games (longer breaks as the games got longer). Except for SC-3rd-Zero which I kinda blitzed through back-to-back-to-back, was totally high on the series then and those remain my 3 favorite games in the series.

Probably helped that the bulk of my playthrough of the series was in Covid times lol, these were "comfort games" for me for a while. I did also go through all the NPC dialogue in Ys X this year, though of course that's nowhere near as text heavy as Kiseki.

Yeah sure feels like it ahah. Title C is probably Tokyo Xanadu "2", while Title D could potentially be the new IP they want to make.
Looking forward to what is hopefully Tokyo XanaTwo.

Anyways, need to get around to playing Kuro II at some point. And finishing English CSIV and Reverie.

The three "suspended" ports sound like the Sky trilogy. And based on what Sal Gematsu found, E is probably Celceta.

Normally I would be really excited for these, but we already know at this point that Xseed won't play ball with Falcom anymore. So any ports of titles they originally localized are doomed to be trapped in Japan (and possibly other Asian countries). **** Xseed.

I had a great time playing through the Sky games on PC, but there's no doubt that they would have been a lot more comfortable on a portable system. I'm glad they're available at all with how much it took to get them localized, but it's too bad that switch ports might not work out.

Yeah I really don't see an English port for modern consoles happening for Sky. Xseed aren't dumb and I'm sure they've studied the possibility and reached the conclusion that it isn't worth it.

On the other side, I'm sure it's a lock for Clouded Leopard for Asian territories though.

Yeah I really don't see an English port for modern consoles happening for Sky. Xseed aren't dumb and I'm sure they've studied the possibility and reached the conclusion that it isn't worth it.
Isn't worth it due to what? Fear over not making a profit? I don't think that's it. The translations are already done. And it would be Falcom doing the most of the dirty work (actually making the ports). All Xseed has to do is slap their existing translation on it and do QA, marketing, and distribution. That's very little investment on their part--way less than translating and localizing a game from scratch.

I think the real issue is quite simply that Xseed is salty that Falcom ditched them for NISA for the newer games. So Xseed is refusing to work with them on these old ports just to spite Falcom (and indirectly, NISA, ex: "why would we help you build up the franchises that you stole from us?").

The real solution is for Falcom to remake the Sky Trilogy which would warrant a new translation anyways.

Isn't worth it due to what? Fear over not making a profit? I don't think that's it. The translations are already done. And it would be Falcom doing the most of the dirty work (actually making the ports). All Xseed has to do is slap their existing translation on it and do QA, marketing, and distribution. That's very little investment on their part--way less than translating and localizing a game from scratch.

I think the real issue is quite simply that Xseed is salty that Falcom ditched them for NISA for the newer games. So Xseed is refusing to work with them on these old ports just to spite Falcom (and indirectly, NISA, ex: "why would we help you build up the franchises that you stole from us?").
Yeah, that Ys Felghana Switch still isn't announced for the West, to me, signals that Xseed is done touching Falcom stuff...

I have the port myself, it's such an awesome game to have on Switch. I literally keep the cartridge in my carrying case and sometimes bang out a full speedrun playthrough in around an hour and a half or so (with the new Turbo function in the Switch version), my favorite Ys game ever...

(How welcome is Ys talk in this thread anyway, lol...😅)

Yeah, that Ys Felghana Switch still isn't announced for the West, to me, signals that Xseed is done touching Falcom stuff...

I have the port myself, it's such an awesome game to have on Switch. I literally keep the cartridge in my carrying case and sometimes bang out a full speedrun playthrough in around an hour and a half or so (with the new Turbo function in the Switch version), my favorite Ys game ever...

How did Ys Origins on Switch happen? Was it a new translation?

Ys Origin is XSeed’s translation (that was based off a fan translation iirc?). Dot Emu licensed it for the console ports they made.
So if Xseed is open to letting their translations be licensed, why wouldn't they let Falcom/NISA pay for it. Even if they're salty about getting dumped for NISA, money trumps all. Withholding your translation means you risk Falcom/NISA/etc doing their own and then Xseed gets nothing.

So if Xseed is open to letting their translations be licensed, why wouldn't they let Falcom/NISA pay for it. Even if they're salty about getting dumped for NISA, money trumps all. Withholding your translation means you risk Falcom/NISA/etc doing their own and then Xseed gets nothing.
Can only really speculate on it, but I guess XSeed might want more for certain translations than others. Alternately what may have made sense for DotEmu might have not made sense for NISA.

I do hope we’ll see Felghana Switch eventually. XSeed did do a late Celceta port and the Cold Steel 1 and 2 ports after the break up, but I forget the timeline exactly.

Yeah, Cold Steel I & II have additional complications since IIRC they were ported to Switch by Clouded Leopard, so that's yet another party at the negotiating table. But Felghana was ported directly by Falcom. So if not even that can come over, then I have no hope for any new ports of Xseed-translated games.

Dotemu did their first Origins port in 2017 to PS4, which was presumably before Xseed caught wind that Falcom would dump them, so they had no incentive to play hardball at the time and probably made a fair contract with Dotemu to say "you can use our translation for any future console ports of Origins you want to do for X years as long as we get a cut of Y amount." And then under that contract from 2017, Dotemu was able to release Origins on Xbox in 2018 and Switch in 2020.

But now that Xseed knows they've been cut off from the future of the series, they're gonna play hardball. And they might even have Falcom by the balls with their original contracts. The original contracts might give them the exclusive right to publish those specific games in western territories with no expiration date. If that's the case, then Falcom can't just turn to NISA. Xseed would hold all the power in that situation, which would give them the ability to charge an exhorbatant amount to use the translation as one last "eff you" to Falcom. And of course, Falcom would know they're getting ripped off, and the amount Xseed is asking for might be too high for Falcom to even make a profit on those releases. So they just don't happen.

XSeed did do a late Celceta port and the Cold Steel 1 and 2 ports after the break up, but I forget the timeline exactly.
I don't think we know the exact point that Falcom dumped Xseed internally. But those projects were probably already in the pipe at Xseed before they got dumped. And while they are spiteful, they're not stupid enough to just cancel those projects and eat the cost they'd already spent on them. There may have even been a contract in place whereby Xseed couldn't drop those projects they'd already agreed to do without paying an additional fee to Falcom.

Yeah, Cold Steel I & II have additional complications since IIRC they were ported to Switch by Clouded Leopard, so that's yet another party at the negotiating table. But Felghana was ported directly by Falcom. So if not even that can come over, then I have no hope for any new ports of Xseed-translated games.

Dotemu did their first Origins port in 2017 to PS4, which was presumably before Xseed caught wind that Falcom would dump them, so they had no incentive to play hardball at the time and probably made a fair contract with Dotemu to say "you can use our translation for any future console ports of Origins you want to do for X years as long as we get a cut of Y amount." And then under that contract from 2017, Dotemu was able to release Origins on Xbox in 2018 and Switch in 2020.

But now that Xseed knows they've been cut off from the future of the series, they're gonna play hardball. And they might even have Falcom by the balls with their original contracts. The original contracts might give them the exclusive right to publish those specific games in western territories with no expiration date. If that's the case, then Falcom can't just turn to NISA. Xseed would hold all the power in that situation, which would give them the ability to charge an exhorbatant amount to use the translation as one last "eff you" to Falcom. And of course, Falcom would know they're getting ripped off, and the amount Xseed is asking for might be too high for Falcom to even make a profit on those releases. So they just don't happen.

I don't think we know the exact point that Falcom dumped Xseed internally. But those projects were probably already in the pipe at Xseed before they got dumped. And while they are spiteful, they're not stupid enough to just cancel those projects and eat the cost they'd already spent on them. There may have even been a contract in place whereby Xseed couldn't drop those projects they'd already agreed to do without paying an additional fee to Falcom.
Considering Xseed's parents company Marvelous was able to work out a deal with Natusme to get some classic Harvest Moon games on NSO and PS+, I'm sure Falcom/NISA/Xseed will work out a deal when the time comes. If we're gonna wildly speculate, Xseed is also vulnerable as much of their brand is localizing niche stuff. The last thing they can afford is to piss of the niche base with Falcom/NISA saying "we want to make Trials more available but Xseed won't play ball.

Considering Xseed's parents company Marvelous was able to work out a deal with Natusme to get some classic Harvest Moon games on NSO and PS+, I'm sure Falcom/NISA/Xseed will work out a deal when the time comes. If we're gonna wildly speculate, Xseed is also vulnerable as much of their brand is localizing niche stuff. The last thing they can afford is to piss of the niche base with Falcom/NISA saying "we want to make Trials more available but Xseed won't play ball.
Yeah, maybe by 2030 Xseed will be over it.

No company is gonna speak out about internal negotiations unprompted. So it's up to journalists or fans to demand answers. Unfortunately, journalists don't have the guts to ask hard questions like that. And it seems that the amount of fans that care about these releases isn't large or angry enough to start a big enough movement to force a response (a la Operation Rainfall). So until one of those things happens, Xseed has nothing to fear on the PR front.

Poking my head into here to say hey, great ST! I'm still a pretty newbie Trails fan and I'm very slowly playing through them - I've played some of Trails in the Sky (this was years ago, and I put it down due to getting distracted by other things), but then I went straight to Cold Steel 1 and 2 and have played them along with Zero. Azure is on my backlog for the moment, as is Cold Steel 3.

MohmjZL.jpg

Amazing. Not for every game, but for some yes. Crossbell, almost all of Reverie, and CS3/4. Will not do it for Trails in the Sky until we get a modern console port. Also I feel like replaying Nayuta.

Kai no Kiseki will be featured in this Weekly Famitsu. I may import it just out of curiosity

I'd really like to get some more ys games on Switch. If Xseed is really going to block these out of pettiness then fuck them. Won't buy them from steam either to avoid supporting them.

If falcom is doing these switch ports for Celcetta and other games in house it makes me think they expect them to release in the west. Japan only isn't going to make them much alone.

I'd really like to get some more ys games on Switch. If Xseed is really going to block these out of pettiness then fuck them. Won't buy them from steam either to avoid supporting them.

Dotemu released Ys Origin on Switch, PS4, and Xbox using Xseed's translation.....

Dotemu released Ys Origin on Switch, PS4, and Xbox using Xseed's translation.....
And yet we're still waiting for western versions of the Switch ports of Cold Steel I & II and Oath in Felghana. Xseed hasn't done any Falcom releases since 2020 (Memories of Celceta PS4), so I think they're done with Falcom.

We're also waiting on Tokyo Xanadu on Switch, but that's on Aksys, who spends 80% of their Switch effort on localizing otome visual novels, so it's also unlikely to get brought over.

And yet we're still waiting for western versions of the Switch ports of Cold Steel I & II and Oath in Felghana. Xseed hasn't done any Falcom releases since 2020 (Memories of Celceta PS4), so I think they're done with Falcom.

We're also waiting on Tokyo Xanadu on Switch, but that's on Aksys, who spends 80% of their Switch effort on localizing otome visual novels, so it's also unlikely to get brought over.
Cold Steel I and II Switch are Clouded Leopard ports which means a third company would be involved if they were brought over which likely did not make business sense for XSeed at that point. When they were bringing over the games they mentioned they only touched versions Falcom themselves made.

Oath in Felghana was barely this year in Japan. It’s not looking good, but I wouldn’t necessarily rule it out yet either.

Ok...but that doesn't mean one publisher is blocking ports or localizations of ports. Tokyo Xanadu came out a few months ago like Ys Memoire Felghana. Give it time.

Cold Steel I and II Switch are Clouded Leopard ports which means a third company would be involved if they were brought over which likely did not make business sense for XSeed at that point. When they were bringing over the games they mentioned they only touched versions Falcom themselves made.

Oath in Felghana was barely this year in Japan. It’s not looking good, but I wouldn’t necessarily rule it out yet either.
Yeah, no chance in hell we're getting CS I & II.

Maybe we get Felghana next year, but it isn't looking good. Celceta PS4 was confirmed for the west 7 months after it came out in Japan and it released here 13 months after the Japanese release date. It's been 8 months since Felghana released in Japan and we haven't heard a peep about a western release. If we don't hear about it by the end of April (1-year anniversary of the Japanese release), I think it's a lost cause.

If we do get Felghana, I think that would confirm that Clouded Leopard was the problem with CS I & II. If we don't get it, then I think that lends credence to the "Xseed is salty" theory.

Ok...but that doesn't mean one publisher is blocking ports or localizations of ports. Tokyo Xanadu came out a few months ago like Ys Memoire Felghana. Give it time.

Well none of us know for sure either way. We're all just speculating. Xseed could have easily licensed their translation to Dotemu before they got dumped (since Dotemu's first Origins port came out in 2017). So the existence of the Dotemu Origins ports doesn't disprove the "Xseed is salty" theory, IMO.

I would rather we not get into conspiracies about publishers here. Especially since all the publishers being discussed regularly support Switch.

Back
Top Bottom