• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Kirby and the Forgotten Land |ST| Hero in Another Dimension

Favorite Kirby game from the 2010s?

• Kirby's Epic Yarn

Votes: 35 21.1%
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land

Votes: 17 10.2%
  • Kirby Mass Attack

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • Kirby: Planet Robobot

Votes: 78 47.0%
  • Kirby Star Allies

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
Oh nice there’s an auto swallow toggle in the options

Also, auto swallow 😏

you can switch it back! but those are both huge
upgrades 😎
Yeah but I don’t want to lose the improved functionality so I’ll just deal with the personal visual downgrade haha

Tbh I don’t mind the sword viewed as a monster hunter or souls reference, I just miss the link reference

Needle though, that’s ugly idk

Just upgraded to the Meta Knight Sword, and whew! I’ll be utilizing this copy ability a looooot more now.

Also, just finished with World 3 and I absolutely LOVED the execution of the theme park concept.

Just upgraded to the Meta Knight Sword, and whew! I’ll be utilizing this copy ability a looooot more now.

Also, just finished with World 3 and I absolutely LOVED the execution of the theme park concept.
We're in the exact same boat here. I just upgraded to that a minute ago. This game is way too good.

My first real experience with a Kirby game and I’ve got to say, I think it’s stellar. I’m part way through World 4 and am having a blast.

It‘s such a clever little game. There’s shades of 3D Mario here - both 3D World and Odyssey - but it’s very much it’s own thing.

Great game and my favourite Switch exclusive for yonks… maybe since 2019.

Kirby has absolutely no right being this good and packed with this much fun.

Being the interdimensional gulping horror blob that he is this is without a doubt the cutest Cthulhu game ever made.

The Star Road challenges are great. I have actually stumbled and had to concentrate on some of the bosses with wild mode. There are GREAT side challenges withing the levels themselves. Everything is presented with gorgeous look and spot on music with just the right amount of humour in it.

Fantastic. Might even be my favourite game thus far this year and this year has been GOOD with Arceus, Total War Warhammer 3, Elden Ring, Triangle Strategy etc. Just a top notch game well made.

Kudos Nintendo.

This
No Damage Run in Collector in the Sleepless Valley boss fight has broken me. Once I get to the third phase and he starts throwing those extra tornado dolls all bets are off. Get hit every time.

Fantastic. Might even be my favourite game thus far this year and this year has been GOOD with Arceus, Total War Warhammer 3, Elden Ring, Triangle Strategy etc. Just a top notch game well made.

Kudos Nintendo.
And were not even a fourth way through the year yet! We've still got Pokemon Gen 9, Mario+Rabbids 2, Bayonetta 3, maybe even BotW2! And that's all just stuff we know about! Who knows what could be announced for this year during the e3 season (I know e3 is currently canceled, but you know that's not gonna stop the announcements).

But man, this game is so good. This is definitely gonna go down as the most pleasant and feel good game of 2022.

This might be the first time during the switch's life that I couldn't get a nintendo 1st party game at launch. I don't know if Nintendo didn't expect it to sell well, if this is a supply chain issue or this game is just selling out crazily.

Finished world 4 and that boss fight was very good. I also love how each levels objectives also make sense within it so it's possible to get them most of the time in the first playthrough

Having played much further now, I am in love.

This is one of the most cohesive games I have played in a long time in terms of every little thing down to the transition screens over the minimal load times all merging harmoniously together into a wonderful whole.

From the visuals to the music to the gameplay design, it's all just brilliant. The constant stream of cool new ideas is reminiscent of the best of 3D Mario, and it perfectly translates Kirby's classic identity and charm into the third dimension.

HAL have absolutely hit it out of the park. I thought this would be good, but its blowing my expectations of out the water like a pufferfish that tried to mate with a naval mine.

This is absolutely brilliant.

I expected the gameplay to be good - Kirby games nearly always nail that. But using the abilities is great fun. Loved (probably isn't news to anybody but spoilering just in case someone doesn't know yet)
squashing enemies as the steps

The graphics are amazing. I was expecting a rather bleak, depressing world, but it looks gorgeous.

I became briefly addicted to the fishing mini-game in town. My wife and I were competing for largest fish, and then discovered that the next challenge was always just out of reach. We got it finished in the end though!

I'm glad she likes playing as bandana-dee, because I can't imagine not getting to change things up every few minutes with Kirby. Having a great time! Trying not to burn through it all in the weekend.

Star Allies felt like it was over right when it started. It needed roughly another hour of good levels. It was fun while it lasted, but its length was very underwhelming. I don’t mind short games if they are tight, but Star Allies wasn’t tight.

Picked it up. Played the first level to 100%. Busy weekend but happy to get into it more during the week.

Love this game so far, I started world 3 earlier. I'm enjoying finding the various ability upgrades and the treasure road levels are pretty fun.

Someone please tell me this game has a hard mode unlock at the end. Was playing through world 2 tonight and thought to myself “yeah I could easily play through this game a second time no question”. A hard mode option like the earlier games would be just enough incentive to do a second run. Or a NG+ to just roflstomp it with upgraded abilities would be acceptable.

Someone please tell me this game has a hard mode unlock at the end. Was playing through world 2 tonight and thought to myself “yeah I could easily play through this game a second time no question”. A hard mode option like the earlier games would be just enough incentive to do a second run. Or a NG+ to just roflstomp it with upgraded abilities would be acceptable.
there isn't a whole new difficulty, but there's something after the credits that might scratch that itch that isn't the true arena

Just finished world 5, enjoying this game immensely.

This is one of those games that feels so lovingly crafted in all respects - solid level design, good controls, fun bosses, creative theming, outstanding music, and tons of polish. I have the feeling this one will be remembered as a “classic” for a long time.

Finished World 2. Is a Kirby game, the transition into 3D is done really well, not like I was expecting otherwise. Like the extra level challenges, more so the ones based on exploration, than the trial and error or do this with an specific ability ones, do like that there is a challenge to do no hit runs of boss fights, reminds me of one of the all time greats, Mischief Makers.

If there is one point I don't like about the game is that it seems to have a very low number of abilities going by the ability shop, and that the pool of attacks has been nerfed, and that I don't have access to the ability set to begin with in the pause menu like the previous games, which is a bizarre choice given the focus on the character action side of Kirby for a good while now.

This is also the last time I read impressions of soundtracks here, was expecting some Rainbow Curse tier stuff, but I been listening to music this good in this style since Return to Dreamland, the boss theme is a little disappointing tho.

I'm convinced that Fighter isn't in this game because Street Fighter inputs don't work in 3D, so they won't going to bother with it lol

As someone who didn’t play Star Allies, this video has been nice to listen to understand how huge a step forward this game really is for the series beyond just being 3D, based just off the demo even lol

Music in this game is incredible. Going to definitely be listening to that OST.

Will be surprised if this doesn’t make my GOTY list. I’m halfway through world 5 and it’s been such a delight. It’s so polished and lovingly made.

Woah, that crash upgrade

This is one of the all-time greats folks - yet another one for the Switch. If it keeps this up through to the end, damn.

Of course that makes sense, all these games have the same director. Time for a change, even die hard fans are starting to cool on the mandatory 4-5 collectables/obligatory chaos boss/new nonsensical meta knight pallette swap/enemy betrayal I think.

But this game is a change already and a great one at that. I don't want to change this, just make more and even better sequels (or dlc).

I still think this might be the best Kirby game and it is thanks to level design and structure which have a great balance. Ability upgrades and the game economy. Level design is great and only Kirby game that is contesting this in that department is Robobot and with Forgotten Land you have 3d which gives even more possibilities.

The KFG podcast way overhyped waddledee town - content wise it’s great with the mini games and such, but a comparison to Mario 64’s Castle / Mario Galaxy’s Comet Observatory is way overstated. It’s pretty rudimentary in design.

I agree that Peach’s Castle is more complex, but Comet Observatory is pretty rudimentary. There’s not that much you can do in the Observatory besides entering levels, I would say Waddle Dee Town has more to offer.

Totally agree. As I said the content is there but not the level design that made the mentioned Mario hubs memorable

Ok ok I may have spoken too soon lol RE: town expansion. Should have seen this coming from teh pre-release stuff but I tried to stay on a media gray-out and not analyze too closely

So my partner and I have been playing the game, really enjoying it, but now the weekend is over and I won't see them again until next weekend. Wish we had the chance to make more progress, but we had a great time together, so not a deal breaker.

I am very, very tempted to make a second file to play more on my own. But I did that with Star Allies and that was a big mistake, lol. I do have other games to play. I could clear out my backlog. But...Kirby..........

I may have erred in a few places.

I know this was already posted on the other thread but it's interesting how Metroid is a bigger IP than Kirby in the UK. Great performance regardless.

"It's still a small series for Nintendo." Wait until he sees the Japanese numbers.

Finished it, onto the post game now.
Easily among the top three games of the serie. Still not sure if I prefer Robobot or this one, but doesn't matter, it was incredible !!! Already excited for the future games lol. What a great basis for the next few mainline games.

Here's hoping for a Bandana Dee mode as a free update ! The character is already playable, weird how it's not already available. Just remix levels without mouthful mode and there you go ! DeDeDe got Triple Deluxe, Meta Knight got Robobot, now it's time for Bandana ! If it gets as much post launch support as Star Allies, we might get playable DeDeDe and Meta Knight too 🤞
The base is already there after all between the hammer and sword ability, and their boss fights. Though DeDeDe might be a bit too big this time.

This game is such a visual marvel – without a doubt on of the best-looking games I've ever experienced. The colour choices, the animations and effects, the mix between realistic and stylised textures. It's just so gorgeous!

It makes me a bit bitter that a game as beautiful as this never can get the recognition it deserves because AAA photo realism is the predominate taste.

This is the first Kirby game i played and finished, instead of losing interest or not even consider buying. What a great game and there still is some post game stuff and i don't have completeted evry level 100 %.

I know this was already posted on the other thread but it's interesting how Metroid is a bigger IP than Kirby in the UK. Great performance regardless.

That’s because Kirby has been historically mistreated in Europe, with huge 1-2 year delays and stupid name changes being the norm all the way up until the 3DS & Wii U; even Kirby Superstar Ultra on the DS saw a year long delay after its US release! The series has also seen a fair few high profile EU region cancellations, with even some mainline entries like Kirby’s Dreamland 3 never reaching EU shores until it got a Virtual Console release back on the Wii.

As such, Europe (and especially the UK; Nintendo’s weakest market, relative to market size), is naturally a weak market for the pink puff.

But this game is a change already and a great one at that. I don't want to change this, just make more and even better sequels (or dlc).
It's not a very big change imo, the game is still clearly within the RtD style. Hoping the next one shakes things up a bit more and isn't say just 3D Robobot.

Oh my god

The intro song

I love this game

kirbyforgottenland.jpg

my copy of Kirby just arrived today (amazon didnt send it out til friday afternoon) so havent got a chance to jump in yet but looking forward to it!

Finished it, onto the post game now.
Easily among the top three games of the serie. Still not sure if I prefer Robobot or this one, but doesn't matter, it was incredible !!! Already excited for the future games lol. What a great basis for the next few mainline games.

Here's hoping for a Bandana Dee mode as a free update ! The character is already playable, weird how it's not already available. Just remix levels without mouthful mode and there you go ! DeDeDe got Triple Deluxe, Meta Knight got Robobot, now it's time for Bandana ! If it gets as much post launch support as Star Allies, we might get playable DeDeDe and Meta Knight too 🤞
The base is already there after all between the hammer and sword ability, and their boss fights. Though DeDeDe might be a bit too big this time.
Damn, I could have basically written this post word for word, including my thoughts in the spoiler.

A Bandana Dee mode might put this above Robobot for me lol. Not too optimistic though sadly.

Dring is talking specifically about the UK market for Kirby, not the global market.
that'sthejoke.jpg

Back
Top Bottom