• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Reviews Kirby and the Forgotten Land | Review Thread

mazi

picross pundit
Metacritic (85)
OpenCritic (85)

Eurogamer (recommended):
Like its predecessors, Kirby and the Forgotten Land's an open-armed thing, and now more than ever before it's a game that's for absolutely everyone, the move to 3D platforming perhaps the most significant step forward in the series' history. This is an absolute hug of a game, and quite likely Kirby's best outing yet.

Console Creatures (recommended)
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is the perfect bookend an abnormally busy release calendar. Packed with tons of hidden secrets, exciting Copy abilities, and well-thought-out platforming, the Nintendo magic is on full display.

3DJuegos (recommended, review in Spanish):
It's definitely one of the best Kirby games ever made. The game design is clever and it has a lot of variety both for veterans and less experienced players.

Unboxholics (worth your time):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land looks like a production leap for the series and is an extremely enjoyable game, with variety and a fantastic pace that is able to hide many of its weaknesses. I'm sure it will not disappoint anyone who dedicates their time to it.

Ars Technica (no score):
Only near the end does the game crank up the difficulty substantially, mainly by rehashing old content with a few more enemies and fewer health items thrown in. At that point, though, you'll have upgraded Kirby's health and power, too. By the time I was refighting a bunch of old bosses, now with higher health bars, I felt like I was just going through the motions...But Kirby games have never been about mechanical challenge. Players come to these titles for a lighthearted romp where Kirby's ever-changing abilities provide a fun and dynamic diversion. Kirby and the Forgotten Land is more of the same, providing a smooth platforming experience that goes down so easy, you'll barely even notice you swallowed it.

Polygon (no score):
Every time Kirby and the Forgotten Land showed me something new, I loved it. I smiled from ear to ear the first time I watched Kirby become a traffic cone, or throw his gob over a water tower. I loved that opening moment in each new area where I could run around the overworld and get peeks into the new areas I’d be venturing into. The cutscenes are gorgeous, and watching Kirby and friends take a nap in his little house is adorable (as it always is). But Kirby and the Forgotten Land burns too brightly, too soon, and that initial joy was hard to recall by the time the credits rolled.

The Verge (no score):
There’s a cotton candy allegory to be drawn here. Much like the carnival confection, Kirby is fluffy, cute, pink, and very sweet. It looks attractive and is so very fun to eat but the minute you put it in your mouth it dissolves. Gone so quickly, you barely noticed it was there. That’s what it’s like playing Kirby and The Forgotten Land; fun for the moment, but lacking any real substance. And that’s okay! Kirby and the Forgotten Land’s surgically deployed cuteness is more than enough to outstrip its relative emptiness.

Player 2 (10/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten land is the beacon of joy we all need in these wild times. It’s pure, wholesome fun that can (and should) be enjoyed by all ages.

Daily Mirror (5/5):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is another great platforming epic from Nintendo that will constantly challenge the player. There’s a good balance between combat and platforming that keeps the game fresh and compelling throughout. There are tons of secrets and replay value that will keep players coming back for a long time.

My Nintendo News (9.5/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land isn’t just a mere leap into the third dimension, but more of a behemoth pole vault. It packs a massive punch for 3D-platformer fans, and has the same level of excellence, polish, and charm as a mainline Mario title. Though I can’t give the game a perfect score due to its relatively short length and minor graphical glitches, the next generation of the Kirby series is finally here, and it’s painstakingly phenomenal. I couldn’t be more excited for what the bright-looking future holds from the creative geniuses over at Hal Laboratory.

Destructoid (9.5/10):
I'm an easy sell when it comes to Kirby, but Forgotten Land is easily one of my favorite entries in the series, and possibly my top game outside of Kirby Super Star (an all-time classic).

Wccftech (9.5/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is one of the absolute best first-party titles the Nintendo Switch has to offer. The game feels great to play, looks lovely, and introduces a vibrant and surprising world packed with new mechanics, challenges, and content. Kirby fans have been waiting a long time for his first 3D game, and Forgotten Land truly is the pink one’s Super Mario 64 or Zelda: Ocarina of Time, so puff out a sigh of relief and eat heartily.

GamesRadar (4.5/5):
The way Kirby and the Forgotten builds on the traditions of the series really makes it feel like we've entered into a new era for the pink puffball. The bigger, more open 3D setting full of challenges and inventive features makes this an unmissable adventure for long-time fans. And for newcomers, I can't think of a better introduction. There's just no holding back my excitement about what the future may hold for the series going forward. Kirby and the Forgotten Land truly is a delight from start to finish.

GameSpot (9/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is one of those games that's hard to play without constantly having a silly smile on your face. It's far more than just a cute and charming platformer with colorful visuals, though. This is one of the best platformers on Nintendo Switch thanks to its brilliantly designed stages and a dynamic arsenal of abilities that consistently shake up the moment-to-moment platforming and action. And FrankenKirby, if you're reading this review, please don't eat me. I don't have any cool powers anyway.

Game Informer (9/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is great and should not be missed for Kirby and platforming fans alike. This isn’t quite the pink puff’s rendition of Super Mario 64, but it brings the series successfully into the 3D realm and doesn’t need to rely solely on its latest entertaining gimmick. Kirby thankfully remains as charming as ever and this new adventure can effortlessly provide hours of glee.

Comicbook.com (4.5/5):
With lush graphics, fun gameplay, and a ton to see and do, Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a must-play for fans of the series, or anyone that has ever wanted to try a Kirby game. This year marks Kirby's 30th anniversary, and the future for the series has never looked brighter.

Eurogamer Italy (9/10, review in Italian):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is the first ever full 3D Kirby game and a brilliant new chapter developed to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the series. You have to travel through a mysterious world jumping, flying, eating everything and absorbing and copying enemies’ abilities. A bunch of them return but there are brand new ones and an ability upgrading system. Mouthful mode allows Kirby to absorb larger objects like cars or vending machines that open the way to brilliant ideas and gameplay variety. There are a two-player local co-op mode and several items to collect, alongside a speedrun mode for secondary stages and a bunch of mini-games in the city. Even if the controls and camera angles are not always perfect, this is one of the most brilliant and joyful Kirby games ever made and a must buy for platform lovers.

GAMINGbible (9/10):
Kirby’s long been there when it comes to Nintendo’s most commonly seen characters. There have been several very good games, but perhaps no out-and-out classic that went beyond appealing primarily to already invested fans of HAL’s creations. Kirby and the Forgotten Land should be that title, though. It deserves to do for Kirby what Super Mario 64 did for Nintendo’s mascot, and what Ocarina of Time achieved for Link’s adventures across Hyrule. It’s that good, that accomplished, that slick and sumptuous and gosh-darn spectacular, and represents a near-essential addition to any Switch collection regardless of your usual tastes in games.

God is a Geek (9/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land adds challenge and adventure in a way that the series has never seen before. An essential purchase and a lovely surprise.

Nintendo Life (9/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a great big colourful joyride of an adventure for our little pink pal. This first fully three dimensional mainline entry in the franchise is bursting at the seams with fun and inventiveness, managing to transpose everything we know and love about past Kirby games to this all-new arena whilst adding plenty of delightful new aspects as it goes. Mouthful Mode is just as daftly entertaining as it looked in the trailers, each and every level is packed full of secrets and dripping in wonderful detail, and there are enough side activities, collectibles and co-op fun here to keep you entertained and coming back for more for a good long while. What a grand way to celebrate 30 years of Planet Popstar's finest.

Screen Rant (4.5/5):
Between the permanently brilliant visuals, the warmth of Waddle Dee Town, the mini-games that pepper the overworld map, and the many variants of Mouthful Mode, Kirby and the Forgotten Land does nearly everything right in bringing Kirby into modern console gaming.

Shacknews (9/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is one of, if not the best, Kirby games ever made. It combines everything that makes modern Kirby games wonderful, fun, and charming and mixes them all together into a delicious dessert blend that you can’t help but love and want more of. While the game won’t take you too long to beat, there’s more than enough on offer to make Kirby and the Forgotten Land well worth replaying.

TheSixthAxis (9/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land makes Kirby's jump to 3D feel effortless, but it's much more than that, with the vibrantly styled decaying world to explore and the Mouthful Modes that will have you laughing with each new one that's discovered.

Video Chums (9/10):
Playing Kirby and the Forgotten Land made me realise that I've never seen any series transition smoother to 3D gameplay. Even with its new dimension, it's undeniably Kirby through-and-through and also one of the best games in the franchise.

WellPlayed (9/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is the franchise's best platformer yet. With memorable levels, tons of content and gorgeous visuals it's a great package and one that'll satisfy all skill levels.

Vooks (4.5/5):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is the best Kirby game I’ve ever played. It’s probably the best Kirby game you’ve played to date, too. More evolution than revolution, it's nonetheless a big step forwards, not only in its newly added third dimension of gameplay, but also in its quality of life additions, its clever approach to powerups, and its delicious gameplay loop. Sure, there are issues with it, if I sit down and try to think hard, but the moment I get into the game they all fall by the wayside and I’m sucked into a wonderful, incredible, enjoyable experience that’s quite unlike anything else in the series.

Nintendo Insider (9/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land may be seen as an evolution rather than a revolution for the mightily-powered pink puffball, but the result is a stride in the right direction and what easily ranks as one of Kirby’s best adventures to date. The experience never failed to raise a smile and that it left me never wanting the adventure to end certainly can’t be a bad thing – especially with an appetite as endless as the game’s heroic pink star.

Daily Star (4.5/5):
All in, a cracking Switch title. One that doesn’t feel particularly fresh in any area but is done with enough Nintendo charm and style that it’s still a pleasure to play.

Areajugones (9/10, review in Spanish):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land goes well beyond my personal expectations with both innovation as well as pure fun throughout the whole journey. Its world invites you to explore every single area thanks to the many minigames, puzzles as well as cooperative experiences that extend the overall gameplay in a most satisfying way. It's an ambitious game that will appeal to the long-time fans of Kirby, but also to newcomers.

Nintenderos (9/10, review in Spanish):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is one of the most beautiful games you can find in the Nintendo Switch catalog. Cute, clever and fun, it is the best Kirby game to date.

Enternity.gr (9/10, review in Greek):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is one of the surprises of the year and it's a must have game for all Nintendo Switch owners!

MGG Spain (88/100, review in Spanish):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land may be a slight step down from similar Nintendo Switch games like Super Mario Odyssey itself, but it's one of those offerings that will light up your eyes with how much fun it is. It's less open-ended and more straightforward than modern platformers, but that traditional feel, along with the versatility brought by the charismatic character's transmorphic power, fit the package perfectly.

Cerealkillerz (8.6/10, review in German):
With Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Nintendo is giving one of its most iconic heroes finally a 3D adventure. This convinces visually and playfully along the entire length and knows how to motivate with numerous secrets. It doesn't quite measure up to the likes of Super Mario and Link, but Kirby definitely doesn't have to hide from them anymore. In summary, a successful comeback that knows how to entertain young and old alike.

Meristation (8.6/10, review in Spanish):
Kirby and the forgotten land is adorable and family-friendly, but it is also a great debut in 3D adventures and has a great endgame that every player must try.

Jeuxvideo.com (17/20, review in French):
Successful bet for our little pink ball! This transition to 3D is a great success and gives more depth to this Nintendo universe, usually further back than the giants of the firm (Mario, Zelda and other Pokémon). Between well-thought-out novelties and emblematic elements, Kirby has undeniably found the right formula and gives us an excellent surprise. Everything is simple, of course, but it works and it is difficult to let go of the console. So yes, the world is less open than we thought, yes you will find few real challenges there, but we quickly forget that once the game is launched. A little breath of fresh air that feels good and is an excellent gateway into the world of Kirby.

Press Start Australia (8.5/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land takes the Kirby franchise to new heights in new and interesting ways. Whilst it's not the full step forward that I was hoping for, it's still super enjoyable and excites me for what could be next in the Kirby series.

Checkpoint Gaming (8.5/10):
Enter Kirby and the Forgotten Lands with reasonable expectations and you’ll soon see one of the best refinements of a long-standing Nintendo formula yet. Cooperative play may waver in quality but does not diminish the wondrous experience ahead of you. On offer is plenty of platforming fun to sink your teeth into. Exploration, combat and the completionist itch that comes with a Kirby title are all present and strong here, and it also serves to be one of the longer adventures yet, with more to do than ever before. If you’re looking for the bright and joyous game to cosy up with on the couch this year, Kirby and the Forgotten Lands is without a doubt the one. Just maybe keep a suspicious eye on that beast pack.

GamePro Germany (85%, review in German):
Kirby makes a furious 3D debut, which is particularly impressive with its loving charm and funny skills.

The Washington Post (8.5/10):
This is no open-world Kirby game. Kirby and the Forgotten Land undeniably pushes the series to a new scale, but at its core, it’s more of the same. That’s not a complaint, though. If anything, it shows that the Kirby team knows its audience, as the franchise’s predictable formula is part of its appeal ... Think of it as comfort food.

SECTOR.sk (8.5/10, review in Slovak):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a very important game in these dark times. It can take you on a magical journey to a faraway land filled with fun and dangers. There are few minor hiccups, but the game is still really good.

XGN (8.5/10, review in Dutch):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a great adventure that's great to play. The colorful design brings this 3D Kirby adventure to life, while additions like the mouthful powers add are a fun new twist to the gameplay. It's a shame the co-op is a bit poor due to player 2 not getting the full range of powers. Nonetheless, this is a Kirby game that is worth your time.

MGG (85/100, review in French):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is simply the family game not to be missed this year on Nintendo Switch. It will be able to please young and old alike thanks to its charming graphic and sound atmosphere. If almost all the main levels are indeed too simple, this lack of difficulty sometimes frustrating on other platformers like Crash Bandicoot or even Super Mario, allows to enjoy this Kirby in 3D. All the more so as the challenge is present elsewhere: via the Meta Knight Cup fights for example or the ton of side levels that put your reflexes to the fore.

The Games Machine (8.3/10, review in Italian):
Kirby and the Lost Land is a very successful game, undermined by a disarming ease and a skimpy longevity for those not interested in its secrets. However, leaving them out would be a great shame, because the research greatly enhances a level design that is only apparently linear thanks to that disruptive creativity that Hal Laboratory masters like few developers.

SpazioGames (8.2/10, review in Italian):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is the fresh, new start the franchise deserved.

Merlin'in Kazanı (82/100, review in Turkish):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land has managed to be one of the most enjoyable action, platform games I've played recently. I can even say that it has become one of the best Kirby games with its theme and gameplay dynamics.

IGN Italia (8.2/10, review in Italian):
Kirby and the Lost Land is one of the best games in Kirby's history. The renewal is limited, but everything works well and there is a desire to feel important and to live a "real" adventure that has rarely been found in the story of the pink hero.

EDGE Magazine (8/10):
Those who've never understood the appeal of Kirby are unlikely to be convinced by his move into 3D. But otherwise this compact, imaginative adventure is a low-key triumph, a work of great craft and wit that, unlike its lead, doesn't bite off more than it can chew. And it only leaves you hungry for more.

Trusted Reviews (4/5):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is an absolute joy to play. The dozens of copy abilities keep combat engaging right to the end, while the focus on collectables and puzzles makes up for the lack of intricate platforming. The low difficulty may put off older players looking for a challenge, and it isn’t quite as ambitious as the likes of Mario and Zelda, but this is still a thoroughly enjoyable adventure that’s brimming with charm.

Hobby Consolas (80/100, review in Spanish):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land may not be the revolution some were expecting, but it is still a great platform game. We love the new transformations, setting, and lots of extras and minigames.

VG247 (4/5):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a little safe at points to make it a proper all-timer, but I’m not sure that was ever the intention. It’s a game that is easy to like, can be played by everyone, and sits nicely alongside other Switch exclusives from Nintendo. If Kirby becoming a car is everything you want in life, good for you and welcome to your new favorite game of all time. For me, Kirby remains just below A-tier, which is still a great place to be. It’s often where some of the tastiest snacks are.

IGN (8/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land successfully warps the series’ already fun mix of ability-based combat, platforming, and secret hunting into the third dimension. The post-apocalyptic setting may not be as thematically interesting as Planet Popstar, but it is still lovely and vibrant, with cleverly designed levels that make consistently smart use of Kirby’s abilities. Despite the change in perspective, Forgotten Land maintains most of what I love about classic Kirby games – and if the future means more 3D adventures for our hungry pink hero, I’d be more than happy to swallow them up.

COGconnected (80/100):
Given the open world craze sweeping the industry, I expected something along those lines with Forgotten Land. Instead, I got a charming new adventure taking measured steps outside the franchise's usual boundaries. This game proves you don't have to reinvent the wheel, so long as you're adding some sweet rims. While the new mechanics are cool, I also appreciate the way old systems have been refreshed. And while the challenge level felt toothless at first, things managed to heat up in the end. In fact, the game is as tough as you need it to be, from start to finish. If you've been looking for something fresh from Kirby, you're in luck. Kirby and the Forgotten Land has some delightful surprises in store.

Digital Trends (4/5):
Even with its repetitive late game, I still enjoyed just about every second of Kirby and the Forgotten Land. In the game’s opening sequence, Kirby swallows a car and rides down a highway as a pop tune plays. In one shot, he’s cruising against the clear blue sky as some seagulls fly by his window. That’s how I felt whenever I booted it up: Head empty, soaking in the sunshine, not a care in the world.

PCMag (4/5):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is the series' first real step into 3D action, and the game deftly makes the transition with its many challenges and secrets. However, there's less ambition on display than you might expect.

Stevivor (8/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a delightfully delectable game – Kirby eats what he wants and takes you along for a short and sweet ride. The rare blend of linear levels following 2D guidelines, played in 3D, suits Kirby as well, if not better than, the Mario games that will draw comparisons.

TheGamer (4/5):
Unless you’re aiming to find every Waddle Dee and complete every secret objective, Kirby and the Forgotten Land won’t challenge you, but it sure as hell will keep you smiling. Most of all, it proves that Kirby works remarkably well in 3D and cements itself as the next big thing for the pink puffball. I don’t want to see him limited to just moving left and right ever again.

VGC (4/5):
The platforming won’t give Mario any restless nights, but the exuberant creativity around it makes for a bold, buoyant adventure.

GN Adria (8/10, review in Bosnian):
The most ambitious Kirby adventure so far represents the long-awaited and very successful first trip of the pink Nintendo mascot into real 3D space. Everything you expect from a Kirby game is enriched with a couple of new features and designs borrowed from the Mario Odyssey, it's just a pity that Forgotten Land doesn't work so smoothly.

IGN Spain (8/10, review in Spanish):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a very successful translation of the spirit of the series to three-dimensional environments. A relaxed experience that shifts away from tension to focus on rhythm, and that climbs nicely to reach the epic level to which we are accustomed in the franchise's titles. Beautiful worlds, a soundtrack that makes it almost impossible to stand still, and many ideas to make surprise a constant. A remarkable videogame that will undoubtedly serve as a basis for the future of the franchise.

Everyeye.it (8/10, review in Italian):
In evaluating Kirby and the Lost Land, it's important to pinpoint the kind of audience that HAL Laboratory's latest effort might target. The most hardcore users, those who, to be clear, strip every corner of the works of the Big N from A to Z, risk finding themselves in the presence of an adventure that is decidedly less challenging than expected: the pace of the new Kirby is a bit mechanical, and its relaxing linearity could even almost bore you - also because we are not at all in front of the Mario Odyssey emulator that many already anticipated. On the contrary, it will be difficult at the same time to hold back the sincere enthusiasm of a group of less experienced and demanding players, who will have the opportunity to experience a memorable journey in the company of an adult, discovering all the magic of a great Nintendo branded production.

GAMES.CH (80%, review in German):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a creative and diverse 3D platformer with an adorable hero and a beautiful audiovisual presentation that suits any age group. But Kirby's new adventure does not only maintain the typical strengths of the series and transforms them successfully into the third dimension. It also retains the low degree of difficulty, what makes it more accessible, but demands too little from advanced players.

NME (4/5):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is another saccharine sweet bundle of joy for the Switch, but it’s also the perfect antidote to years of doom and gloom in the real world and video games, presenting a compelling version of the apocalypse that actually seems… pretty okay.

Inverse (8/10):
Kirby and the Forgotten Land is a truly magical game that amounts to what could be the best franchise entry in decades. Even if its level themes and puzzle elements call back to concepts longtime fans will have seen before, the execution is charming and polished to an absolute shine. The oddities of Mouthful Mode alone are well worth the price of admission. If you can overlook linear levels and occasionally forced backtracking, this might be one of the best games of 2022 so far.

IGN Portugal (8/10, review in Portuguese):
You will not be disappointed with Kirby and the Forgotten Land, as it is so surprising and original in the variety of challenges whilst being surprisingly fun. Sadly, it is not particularly competent in co-op but has various secondary objectives and repetition value because you will be incentivized to repeat the challenges in order to save all the Waddle Dee. Just avoid the obsession to pursue all the collectible figurines, it’s a trap!

CGMagazine (7.5/10):
While a mostly fun experience, Kirby and the Forgotten Land definitely forgets a lot of the things that make the pink puffball’s games so unique.

Power Unlimited (75/100, review in Dutch):
This is essentially a Kirby platformer as you are used to, but more beautiful, more atmospheric and with some subtle innovations that make the experience interesting again. As long as you don't rush through it too quickly!

Gamer.nl (7.5/10, review in Dutch):
Kirby and the Forgotten World is one of the most enjoyable Kirby games yet. The magical three-dimensional game world, countless skills and funny Mouthvol shapes keep you entertained. Don't expect deep combat or challenging platforming, though - the focus is purely on carefree fun.

Metro GameCentral (7/10):
One of the best Kirby games ever made and while the formula hasn’t changed as much as it first seems it’s also one of the most enjoyable co-op titles of recent years.

AusGamers (6.5/10):
At any rate, what’s here is fun and it’s Nintendo and there’s co-op for families or friends, but it’s all just so incredibly lite-on. And I say this with full appreciation and love of the likes of Super Mario Odyssey and Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Yoshi’s Crafted World -- there’s no challenge outside of 100% collection of items and in beating Treasure Road times, the rest is simply a cakewalk, and unfortunately all the bad doggo Awoofys in the game can’t make me think otherwise.

Last edited:
With the above--85 or 86. It seems every game that is a good evolution, but isn't ground-breaking, seems to end up there.

I'm thinking like around 83 or so. It just seems like the type of game to score decent but nothing amazing. If it scores higher, I'll be pleasantly surprised

An 8/10 from EDGE is promising but, as like with most Nintendo published games these days, I don't expect it to go higher than 84. No, I'm not bitter about Metroid Dread's Metascore, why are you asking?

Last edited:
Kirby is one of those series that will never score above mid-80s no matter what it does; being easier makes it a lesser experience to a lot of critics.

Prove me wrong reviewers!

Hoping for a 86-89.

IIRC Metroid Dread received 8 from EDGE too, didn't it?

Maybe doing something very new to the franchise will give it a boost(like Arceus getting Pokemon back to the high 80s, and that wasn't a graphical marvelous like Kirby is), but idk.

83. Will get praise for being new while also criticized for being too similar to a 3D World version of the past 10 years worth of Kirby games.

After Metroid Dread I'm never predicting a 90+ MC to any game not named (3D) Super Mario or (3D) Zelda ever again.

(Unless Splatoon 3 is flawless, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has no mistakes, Metroid Prime Remaster is reviewed as Metroid Prime and not just as how it changed, and Bayonetta 3 - that one is gonna get 90-93)

Epic Yarn and Canvas Curse have an 86. That’s the minimum I want to see for a series that’s making its 3D debut. That’s a huge deal for the franchise

Metascore is pure gamer derangement but I'd like to see Kirby sell well. Hit that 90, little fella!

In my mind, anything higher than 85 would be incredible, at the top of the franchise. Higher than 80 would be really solid and expected given what the game is. Lower than 80 would be somewhat disappointing.

90 isn't happening, and lower than Star Allies (73) either.

9.5/10

9/10

9/10

Who would have thought a 30FPS game would score well. I guess people just like games because they are fun, not just because they run at really high frame rates.

Gonna be honest, after reading reviews I'm a little surprised it's not getting compared more to Elden Ring. Not in terms of anything game-related, mind you, but because Elden Ring is so punishing and unfriendly it's nice to have a gentle, linear, just plain fun action platformer release the month after.

From the reviews, the challenge seems pretty much non-existent. Perfect timing for the people who put 100+ hours into Elden Ring and need something relaxing

Demo was great, so good to see that translates to the whole game!

I hope they did something about the audio mix though :p .

Back
Top Bottom