• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Images of Switch OLED Tears of the Kingdom Edition have leaked

mazi

picross pundit
thanks to @Kysen for posting the images (link)

2bMz2RAl.jpg

yrCV1OYl.jpg

1cxihuFl.jpg

SICArxMl.jpg

The thing is, you really think that they will wait till early February? Even the late January after FE seems weird since the OLED already leaked. What if they just drop a trailer like a week from now and OLED is announced alongside it? Kinda like Splatoon one was (but that was without trailer). Maybe they will do the same, just announce the OLED with nothing else.

We also see some interestong details from this, the right Joy-Con (and the right side of the Dock) shows the tears drop pattern that is presented on the website. The left side presents the pattern I believe we also saw somewhere already.

The left Joy-Con feature the egg like thing that was in the E3 2021 trailer.

That majestic dock deserved better joycons. Yikes! I’m excited to discover what the hell that symbol on the left joycon means tho, it looks like the creature from the trailers

So the body and joycon grip are black, but the dock is white? They went with gold on white for the dock design and not gold on black?

Also the left joycon looks like the coloring machine malfunctioned halfway through coloring the top part green. That or a toddler was coloring it in, got bored halfway through, started drawing a maze and then gave up.

edit: TO BE CLEAR, I believe this design is real. I just don't agree with some of color/design choices.

Last edited:
The dock looks nice, but just like most of the other Switch special editions, it's not anything to get me excited. The only one I've actually liked is the Animal Crossing one.

So the body and joycon grip are black, but the dock is white? They went with gold on white for the dock design and not gold on black?

Also the left joycon looks like the coloring machine malfunctioned halfway through coloring the top part green. That or a toddler was coloring it in, got bored halfway through, started drawing a maze and then gave up.
The green on the left Joycon is actually what sold me on it being real. The green energy is laid out in the same pattern as the Malice we see in the stone wall carvings in the September trailer.

I’m here like all “that’s cool, if legit, no delays and such”

And everyone else is like “rip switch 2 early 2023”

And now I’m like “wait. We were expecting switch 2 early 2023?”

I miss a lot during the holidays. Working too much for my own good

for a long time some people have had expectations of botw2 (now totk) launching alongside a new system, be it a switch pro or a full on switch 2. i think this leak puts that to bed for pretty much everyone.

The green on the left Joycon is actually what sold me on it being real. The green energy is laid out in the same pattern as the Malice we see in the stone wall carvings in the September trailer.
Oh, I'm not saying it isn't real. Just that I'm not the biggest fan of the design. Right JC looks fine, a little plain, but the left one looks kind of janky. I feel it would've been better if they had that cool pattern on the whole thing, instead of fully colored in on the bottom portion.

I'm happy with my Skyward Sword Joy-Cons, and i wouldn't buy another non 4K Switch anyway. I think it would look better if the dock was black.

Oh, I'm not saying it isn't real. Just that I'm not the biggest fan of the design. Right JC looks fine, a little plain, but the left one looks kind of janky. I feel it would've been better if they had that cool pattern on the whole thing, instead of fully colored in on the bottom portion.
Yeah it could look better imo. I don't like personally how Joycons like this go for the white back, it just always looks so meh.

I was just pointing out how small of a detail that is. Like I've seen a lot of fan made ToTK Joycon ideas and no one would've thought of doing that.

definitely the weakest Switch special edition design
The lighting is awful and really seems to be letting the finer details down. The dock and right Joy-Con are either in a glare or shadow in every picture, so they're hard for me to really judge.

Splatoon 3 still reigns supreme imo though.

That's every OLED model with a white dock. Regular white, Splatoon 3, and Pokemon all had black grips/main bodies. At least this got white wrist straps.

Some interesting symbols on the joy cons. Looks like a regal, Hylian logo on the front with a jewel flanked by eyes. The back have what I could only describe as Chinese style stamps. One kinda looks like the Shiekah eye.

Let the Zonai speculation commence.

Like, gold/yellow on white is kind of a bad combo because it can be difficult to discern the details right? On top of that, I just feel this thing has too many colors and designs going on- a little noisy, one might say. Are you going for the green arm design thing? Or the white/gray tear/ripple angle?

It's def not the worst special edition I've seen, but even as a big Zelda fan...If I didn't already have a SWOLED, I think I actually might've passed on this and gotten a regular white OLED. You know what was clean? The all gold wii remote plus and nunchuck. Now THAT was simple and beautiful.

Like, gold/yellow on white is kind of a bad combo because it can be difficult to discern the details right? On top of that, I just feel this thing has too many colors and designs going on- a little noisy, one might say. Are you going for the green arm design thing? Or the white/gray tear/ripple angle?

It's def not the worst special edition I've seen, but even as a big Zelda fan...If I didn't already have a SWOLED, I think I actually might've passed on this and gotten a regular white OLED. You know what was clean? The all gold wii remote plus and nunchuck. Now THAT was simple and beautiful.

I really like the Zelda Wii U, instead of the gold Wiimote+

Look all I know is if Nintendo pulls a cutie and releases the Zelda-themed Switch I've been waiting for for years and the new Switch close together, but the new Switch is just a plain color with no Zelda edition...

Let's just say the Kingdom won't be the only thing shedding Tears.

The Skyward Sword Joy-cons looked better, but dang do I want those Joy-con!

People were so sure that TotK would release with new hardware, and now they're shocked they believed in something without any evidence will likely turn out to be not happening.

I usually only like the docks on these special editions... and that's exactly the case here xD . I find the SE joycons to be gaudy, as always. Only the Skyward Sword joycons looked kinda alright of the bunch.

I am very happy to see stuff happening around Zelda though! Choo choo!

Intuitively this looks too real to be fake but we've been duped by pretty elaborate fakes in the past. What would be extra funny if this was fake but there was a different, worse looking Zelda OLED model.

The Joy-con controllers instantly reminded me of the Zelda-themed Game Boy Advance SP.

I’m not a fan of the Switch dock though, it really should have been gold or black with gold details.

I don't mean to start any cross site drama, but God, the resetera thread for this is terrible (just like most Nintendo related topics on that site nowadays...)

I don't mean to start any cross site drama, but God, the resetera thread for this is terrible (just like most Nintendo related topics on that site nowadays...)

The strangest for me not only there but everywhere that how acceptable it became to discuss how you'll emulate Switch games even on forums where piracy is not acceptable.

I mean I know the usual argument that technically you can buy the game, rip your own copy and emulate it but let's be real... I don't think many people do that with Switch games especially when they are emulating it before its official street date.

Totally. I'll be restraining from reading any Switch related thread there until a new system is announced, cause I'm dog-tired of reading the same bs over and over again.

Now, are any of you expecting a trailer before the eventual Winter Direct? Because now that's wishful thinking!

Totally. I'll be restraining from reading any Switch related thread there until a new system is announced, cause I'm dog-tired of reading the same bs over and over again.

Now, are any of you expecting a trailer before the eventual Winter Direct? Because now that's wishful thinking!

At this point they have to, right ? At least something more meaningful than 3 more seconds of Link falling.

That's actually neat looking. Though i also feel like we don't know enough about the game yet to figure out how well it fits with the game, sort of.

Hope it look better when we have the official pictures. The skyward sword joy-cons are great and I bought them without buying the game.

At this point they have to, right ? At least something more meaningful than 3 more seconds of Link falling.
I think it will just be in the Jan/Feb/March Direct (probably Feb or March) and will be a decent length trailer like the Switch 2017 Pres/E3 2016

I think it’s absolutely stunning. Loving the mix between the royal family crest and the ouroboros symbol. The gold on white is tasty. Same with the gold and green. I love me some patterns, and those on the left one look good, kind of tech-y. The right one has sheikah-looking patterns - does it mean future involvement from them?

Also, Zelda Direct in January hopium levels increase on top of this.

Nintendo, I really love you. I own over 200 physical Switch games. I'm ready for what's next. I know the Switch is still selling well but at this point it feels like we are Weekend at Bernie-ing this thing.

lmao

How the tables have turned for the Switch 2 in the span of a week.
I've said many times people were setting themselves up to be angry/disappointed if they honestly expected a Switch 2/Pro alongside the launch of TotK. If the successor was actually that close we'd be getting far more definitive rumors about it.

I've said many times people were setting themselves up to be angry/disappointed if they honestly expected a Switch 2/Pro alongside the launch of TotK. If the successor was actually that close we'd be getting far more definitive rumors about it.
You literally know the 90% of the next console, this is the first time when more things are known prior to launching a new console.

Back
Top Bottom