• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Isn't the Microsoft thing in June more likely to re-reveal the game than the Indie World? It happening on the Xbox Direct the last time in 2022 made me think they signed a deal with MS for marketing.
That made a lot of people think they signed a deal with MS for marketing but I don't think there's been any actual evidence of that

Team Cherry does what it wants. I highly doubt Microsoft or Nintendo have a say on marketing, only deals like Day 1 on Gamepass.

Don't see there being much marketing either, it'll come out within 3 months after this next gameplay trailer I think.
Their marketing is just dorks like us who sit on Famiboards saying "Silksong when?!" And it will probably work quite well!

Isn't the Microsoft thing in June more likely to re-reveal the game than the Indie World? It happening on the Xbox Direct the last time in 2022 made me think they signed a deal with MS for marketing.
nope. not a thing. not real

That made a lot of people think they signed a deal with MS for marketing but I don't think there's been any actual evidence of that
Makes sense!! Then it can happen tomorrow!!

I don't think it's gonna be shadow dropped tho... After all those years I think they'll just re-reveal it with a firm release date for the summer or fall.

But who knows, they might feel like shadow dropping worked for others and that all the years of speculation and engagement with the game will take the world by storm with it being dropped out of nowhere.

I think the Microsoft event in June has a bigger audience so they might feel like it's the ideal place for it.

team cherry made an exclusive deal with all of the big 3 and told none of the others

giphy.gif

Makes sense!! Then it can happen tomorrow!!

I don't think it's gonna be shadow dropped tho... After all those years I think they'll just re-reveal it with a firm release date for the summer or fall.

But who knows, they might feel like shadow dropping worked for others and that all the years of speculation and engagement with the game will take the world by storm with it being dropped out of nowhere.

I think the Microsoft event in June has a bigger audience so they might feel like it's the ideal place for it.
Yeah it's really like, it can be anytime. I wouldn't necessarily doubt the Xbox show, but I wouldn't expect there's any sort of exclusivity deal with them. Any of them. And shadowdropping is just a big shrug. Not like we have a big history of releases from them to glean a pattern from. It could seriously be anything, anytime. Hence all our clown makeup 😅

a firm release date for the summer or fall.

At this point, if I were them, I wouldn't try the fans' patience with a big lapsus from release date announcement to actual release date. I think release should be 2 months afterwards at most. That's just me, though; fans will probably be happy with just a definitive release date, but after all these years of almost complete radio silence, I think if it released on, let's say, October, it would kind of be a kick in the kid-maker.

At this point, if I were them, I wouldn't try the fans' patience with a big lapsus from release date announcement to actual release date. I think release should be 2 months afterwards at most. That's just me, though; fans will probably be happy with just a definitive release date, but after all these years of almost complete radio silence, I think if it released on, let's say, October, it would kind of be a kick in the kid-maker.
ehh? mm. no…

like I don’t think it’ll be a long stretch but there are all kinds of reasons to announce a release date that’s a handful of months away. I think, if we hear something — which, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ — people will just be thrilled to have heard something, no?

Team Cherry priced Hollow Knight very intentionally to make it easier for people to buy, esp. in other countries. They have to deal with AUD, which I think informed the strategy.

I could see it go as high as $30, maybe.

but $50???? I would be beyond shocked. it goes against their philosophy.

Dollarydoos have dropped a bit and rent is pretty rough these days, could see a price increase. Radelaide will be cold soon, Cherry bois might be inside more often, no more going to Himeji Garden to look for bugs for inspiration at 12:59 am in the morning. They can still browse the famous Rundle Mall (tm) home depo range for power tool accessories for final level inspiration though.

What a bizarre logic. "I waited for multiple years without any clear release date, now I'm mad that they announced a date for october :mad:"

Also yeah, I really doubt they'd go much over ~$30, let alone 40.

There's no way the price is less than $29.99 USD. If it is then Team Cherry are just loaded beyond our wildest dreams, lol.

The market has changed since 2017 I feel like. There 5 hour indie games that cost 30$ these days. After the success of HK I could absolutely see them charging a premium price for Silksong.

fun fact: when you search for silksong on youtube and then sort by view count, the reveal trailer of hades 2 is the 4th result. has supergiant used silksong in the video's tags?

yHBMWTs.png

What a bizarre logic. "I waited for multiple years without any clear release date, now I'm mad that they announced a date for october :mad:"

Also yeah, I really doubt they'd go much over ~$30, let alone 40.

People are bizarre, I'm sure there would be fans mad about a very distant release date.

Dollarydoos have dropped a bit and rent is pretty rough these days, could see a price increase. Radelaide will be cold soon, Cherry bois might be inside more often, no more going to Himeji Garden to look for bugs for inspiration at 12:59 am in the morning. They can still browse the famous Rundle Mall (tm) home depo range for power tool accessories for final level inspiration though.
Adelaide is already cold. It'll get colder, though.

I've got $1,000 USD allocated for Silksong, so as long as it's less than that, I'm good.

Why do you keep doing this to yourselves people?
They don't do it to themselves. It just happens lol. This makes no sense.

You can't unhype yourself for something you are looking forward to. Also people move on anyways after a few mins. So I never understand why we look down on this.

It really is the Elden Ring of indies.

Xbox show in June, release in September? This game must be freakin massive at this point.

Why do you keep doing this to yourselves people?
IMG-2126.gif

Is anyone actually upset over this? I thought we were just futzing around, shitposting and having fun.

I’m neck deep in my backlog. I have three Switch games still shrink wrapped so there’s no shortage of games to play. For now, I’ll appreciate the memes.

I do wonder if MS has some kinda of advertising agreement at this point. Yes it first showed up with Nintendo but it's been so long since then

Back
Top Bottom