• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

sure, but the reason I’m saying it’s extremely unlikely but not impossible is because you have to think of it from an organizer perspective

triple i likely has stuff they most want to show off from their own studios.

but to make it an event — they wanted to bring people in for other announcements. so on the one hand, they probably want their announcements to be the biggest ones.

but on the other hand — this is an initiative — they need to establish that they have even more clout together and can put on an exciting showcase and pull people in.

I have no doubt that at some point, someone at least considered Team Cherry. I think the organizer opinion is that they could be more boon than detriment.

again — I really really really don’t think we’ll see it here. but I can’t completely dismiss the idea that someone in the Triple I mix at least contemplated asking if TC would be interested.
Sure they thought about it for a moment, but if they are even half competent in their vision they would realize that it would be a detrement.

I do have to say without you guys I would have missed the initiative. So thanks :D

I love how this is all technically like the same event (IARC rating) spread out sillystyle

still good news though!

Just please, don't come out in August, when I'll be away from my Switch for about 20 days. That'd be torture.

But please do come out in 2024.
It's going to come out in June, right before Shadows of the Erdtree. Because fuck your free time, it doesn't exist anymore.

Last edited:

giphy.gif

For what's it's worth, all of the Hollow Knight YouTubers seem to think we're seeing it tomorrow.
Hollow Knight Youtubers, that noted bastion of Silksong release accuracy

(Though I guess there's a nonzero chance they know more than we do at least)

Sooo I’m kind of assuming Silksong will run at 60 on switch but with a bit compromised graphics. What’s everyone’s expectations in terms of performance and fidelity?

I don't see this releasing in June, I think we're getting it sooner. Two weeks before Shadow of the Erdtree would be brutal.

Sooo I’m kind of assuming Silksong will run at 60 on switch but with a bit compromised graphics. What’s everyone’s expectations in terms of performance and fidelity?
they have a tendency to prioritize 60fps over graphics, not that either seem to suffer much

After all the ratings in several countries it definitely seems the game is now mega close to a release date reveal, the question is if Microsoft does indeed own the marketing of the game or not. If the latter, then the odds for tomorrow are pretty good, otherwise I wouldn't expect it.

Isn't the Microsoft thing in June more likely to re-reveal the game than the Indie World? It happening on the Xbox Direct the last time in 2022 made me think they signed a deal with MS for marketing.

Team Cherry does what it wants. I highly doubt Microsoft or Nintendo have a say on marketing, only deals like Day 1 on Gamepass.

Don't see there being much marketing either, it'll come out within 3 months after this next gameplay trailer I think.

Back
Top Bottom