• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

I have no idea if that actually means anything (as in if it was set at a May date in the background by TC themselves or if this is just steam weirdness), but there seems to have been a fair bit of smoke recently. Urge to hype is rising...

Edit: no I did not see that Slay the Spire thing lol. Seems like it's an algorithm thing. Based on both release date and wishlist numbers, which is pushing Silksong towards the top even without a set date.

🤡

Can I just gush about HK here? Cause I need to gush somewhere, I fucking love it.

I did the whole Deepnest sequence last night and that was so much creepier than I ever expected the game to get. 10/10 atmosphere.

There are so many collectables and rewards for exploring, it's completely addictive for someone like me, I can't put it down. I put 20h+ on it just on the weekend, and now I'm working but just keep thinking about it.

I did the whole Deepnest sequence last night and that was so much creepier than I ever expected the game to get. 10/10 atmosphere.
Deepnest is definitely one of those locations I absolutely love but also hate for the same reasons. It's so effective in creating that creepy crawly atmosphere!

Can I just gush about HK here? Cause I need to gush somewhere, I fucking love it.

There are so many collectables and rewards for exploring, it's completely addictive for someone like me, I can't put it down. I put 20h+ on it just on the weekend, and now I'm working but just keep thinking about it.
I am so glad you're getting pulled into the thrall – enjoy!

hmm. no, I will not ask any questions that could be even a little spoilery. y'all behave.

it really is probably my all-time favorite game, full stop.

hopefully you won't be quite as tormented by the Silksong wait as we've been!

also you're gonna give a lot of people a heart attack by posting in here, but we're already deep in clown town so: godspeed and go off

Sure. Now you probably understand why we're all waiting here :D

Deepnest's music if you can call it that reminds me of a bit of Super Metroid. The music and atmosphere gives you this feeling of loneliness, and dread, and it's absolutely top-tier.

What other areas have you explored in Hollownest? I only ask because of some other locations that may be of interest to you, which I won't explicitly tell you, but more or less just picking your brain a bit.

Welcome to the correct side of history.

Just started a new HK playthrough in anticipation of possible news soon (maybe not today but well) on PS4, where it looks really great. I don't really care for trophies though.

I tried the Switch version again to have compare both, and it's a bummer this one is only 720 docked; it really shows on a big screen, and text/icons are pretty blurry. Even portable mode is only like ~600p. At least it's smooth and I never had any issue in my ~60 hours playthrough years ago!

I'd love a proper next gen upgrade of the first HK once Silksong is released so we have two masterpieces available in the best conditions!

Just started a new HK playthrough in anticipation of possible news soon (maybe not today but well) on PS4, where it looks really great. I don't really care for trophies though.

I tried the Switch version again to have compare both, and it's a bummer this one is only 720 docked; it really shows on a big screen, and text/icons are pretty blurry. Even portable mode is only like ~600p. At least it's smooth and I never had any issue in my ~60 hours playthrough years ago!

I'd love a proper next gen upgrade of the first HK once Silksong is released so we have two masterpieces available in the best conditions!
Yeah I really hope they were able to bump up the res for Silksong. I suppose Silksong may have a long life of support like HK so it'll inevitably get a successor upgrade. Or yeah, for now, at least make the UI native res!

I don’t know what world I’m living in that doesn’t align with all of yours but I have glasses now, have historically been a designer by trade, etc etc etc…

and Hollow Knight 720p still looks fucking great to me, no holds barred, not even a little.

I don’t know what world I’m living in that doesn’t align with all of yours but I have glasses now, have historically been a designer by trade, etc etc etc…

and Hollow Knight 720p still looks fucking great to me, no holds barred, not even a little.
I am also a designer, I had lasik so my eyes are pretty dang good, and HK on Switch looks gorgeous on my 60" so yeah, I'm with you. I wouldn't have ever guessed it was 720p.

completely unshocking of course, just as unshocking as them nudging it to get more views

Back
Top Bottom