• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Team Cherry has an exclusivity deal with me and and only me. I'll show you the game when everyone in this thread buys a copy of Octopath Traveler 2 and starts to watch Delicious in Dungeon.

Last edited:
I do wonder if MS has some kinda of advertising agreement at this point. Yes it first showed up with Nintendo but it's been so long since then
I've long believed that since the game is a day 1 GamePass drop, MS will not want to let it get dropped or even a release date announcement on another platform's stream.

Hope for June I guess.

Didn't even have the strength to come in here after the presentation lol

The clown white gets harder and harder to remove after every application. Soon 🤡 is all I'll be...

day 1 game pass does not mean there's an exclusive marketing deal with MS. there's a lot of multiplatform games with game pass deals that get shown in sony/nintendo shows. two recent examples that come to mind are eiyuden chronicle and sea of stars.

As much as I'm looking forward to it, starting to feel like it'll never capture the same fever Hollow Knight did. I have no doubts in Team Cherry, or that this won't deliver and be a phenomenal metroidvania, but the sheer speculation and hype are reaching critical mass. I wouldn't want to have to deliver a sequel to such a widely adored game when expectations are sky high.

I hold firm in my theory that they'll just hold their own reveal whenever they're ready, it can more than stand on its own without the need for a bigger platform at this point. The whole community going insane with hype at any shred of possibility of seeing it for the past several years has become a whole widely known phenomena of itself.

I hold firm in my theory that they'll just hold their own reveal whenever they're ready, it can more than stand on its own without the need for a bigger platform at this point. The whole community going insane with hype at any shred of possibility of seeing it for the past several years has become a whole widely known phenomena of itself.
I would laugh if after all this they literally just drop it on twitter themselves

Honestly, the worst part is, that there will be a sizable chunk of the fanbase that will be unhappy cause it plays differently then HK (and we already know that, TC talked about it, and the trailer is clear)

I would laugh if after all this they literally just drop it on twitter themselves
I’ve thought for a bit now they might just do what they did with the game’s original announcement, which was to announce that a trailer will be airing at a given time and that’s it.

Silksong was shown on stage at Xbox's E3 show in 2022. It would not shock me at all if it reappeared at the next Xbox show.

Can I just watch Scott Pilgrim and be done with it?
Yes, do that, absolutely do that, do nothing else but that.

Unironically my favorite TV show of last year... and also my favorite film of 2010... and also a pretty damn good graphic novel.

It's just good man.

In hindsight, it's sort of funny how the date of this Indie World ended up, for no reason at all, coinciding with all the smoke around Silksong.
only to people who don’t remember the first trailer happening right next to a direct

this has like always been the thing. I love to shitpost but I don’t put stock in the “smoke followed by event a week or two later” pattern except for extremely specific instances of smoke

and even then my cause and effect bone-roll is greatly modified for Silksong scenarios

Seems pretty reasonable that it'll next appear at some point during the Summer Game Mess TM

Or announced themselves during May and shown there again, or something like that.

Seems pretty reasonable that it'll next appear at some point during the Summer Game Mess TM

Or announced themselves during May and shown there again, or something like that.
Or announced themselves during May and then quote-tweeted by Geoff insisting it was actually part of SGF 😏

obligatory

(xbox indie thing next week, come on down to clown town)

so I'm gonna watch that Microsoft Store page's metadata like a hawk

new tidbit I missed previously: Microsoft's catalog metadata lists it but specifies that it has not yet "passed validation" – similar to what I was suggesting earlier in the month.

however, if it has since – I don't think they would have automatically updated the catalog metadata to reflect that.

if it were me – if something were happening next week – I wouldn't update the catalog metadata until after the presentation

last updated date was April 1st, so no huge surprise there

just in case there's anything to glean, I will be watching carefully

Back
Top Bottom