• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Genshin Impact |ST| Ver. 4.6: Father's home! (Arlecchino and Ver. 4.6 Available Now!)

Warlord

Chain Chomp

AEXbR-ljPjzOf34OVWDtqx_GKaR0Tf5B6xn1B1kjv5y2hvEsO-WQyHXB4Nn9uOOsew=w2560-h1440-rw

WELCOME TO THE GENSHIN IMPACT ST ON FAMIBOARDS!

CURRENT BANNERS
GLvadlTXQAE4j4C

GLvad0LWkAAGx9J
GLvaeBXXUAECdB9

WHAT IS THIS GAME?
Genshin Impact is the Award winning action RPG mobile game by miHoyo/Hoyoverse, developers of the Honkai franchise (Honkai Gakuen, Honkai Impact 3rd and Honkai Star Rail) and in the future, Zenless Zone Zero. Featuring a vast and beautiful world and music by award winning composer Yu-Peng Chen, the game will take you on a journey filled with unforgettable encounters and deadly enemies while discovering the secrets the world of Teyvat holds.

STORY INTRO
While traveling to a different world, you and your sibling were attacked by an unknown God and separated from each other. You then wake up in the world of Teyvat and with the help of your new companion Paimon, decide to travel to the seven regions of this world and meet it seven gods, called Archons, in an attempt to receive information about the location of your sibling.
genshin-impact-traveler-featured-image.jpg

REGIONS

MONDSTAT
The region founded by the Anemo Archon Barbatos, god of Winds and Freedom. From amongst mountains and wide-open plains, carefree breezes carry the scent of Dandelions across Cider Lake to the City of Mondstat, located on an Island at the center of the lake.
FwzC6v8XgAEwUge

LIYUE
A bountiful harbor that lies in the east of Teyvat. Mountains stand tall and proud alongside the stone forest, that, together with the open plains and lively rivers, make-up Liyue’s bountiful landscape, which shows it’s unique beauty through each season. Just how many gifts from the Geo God lie in wait amongst the rocks of Liyue’s mountains?
FwzC9UQWAAI0ex0

FwzCn5TX0AEgln5

INAZUMA
An isolated archipelago far east of Teyvat. It is governed by the God of thunder and Eternity, the Raiden Shogun
Overcome endless thunderstorms and set foot on the islands of red maple and cherry blossoms. On winding shores and towering cliffs, and in forests and mountains full of secrets, witness the eternity pursued by Her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho.
F5SbVunWMAAJ-Jv

FwzC0fEXsAAVyi1

SUMERU
Worshiping the God of Dendro and Wisdom, Lesser-Lord Kusanali, it is a fantastical nation of both lush rainforests and barren deserts, where countless fruits of wisdom grow and are buried. Wheter travelers travelfrom afar through the forest to reach the academy city or delve deep into the desert to discover its ancient ruins, a wealth of valuable knowledge awaits them there.
FwzC11OWIAEyTcF

F5DELFxXAAAXfT9

FONTAINE
The Nation of Hydro and Justice, worshiping the God of Justice Focalors. Fontaine is considered the central hub of Arts and Culture. Justice and performances are so intertwined that the very trials are treated as performances and are the biggest source of entertainment. Fontaine is also the hub of technology, with many of Teyvat's current technologies having originated from it.
Genshin-Impact_4.1-Update_EN_1.png
How-to-get-to-Fontaine-in-Genshin-Impact-cover.jpg

GAMEPLAY BREAKDOWN

Type of units and weapons
There are 5 types of units in GI:
  • DPS: the character that will stay on-field the most and deal the most damage
  • Sub-DPS: the character that have damage-dealing skills that are active even when the character is off-field.
  • Support: characters that provide buffs to the team/gives opportunities to deal more damage to enemies (for example applying elements to enemies)
  • Healer: characters whose main role is to recover HP for the other characters
  • Shielder: characters that provide damage absorbing shields.
Additionally, each character has one out of 5 types of weapons
  • Sword: close range weapons with moderate damage and speed
  • Spears: close-range weapons with quick speed
  • Calymores: weapons that can deal alot of damage but are slow.
  • Bows: can do either quick but weak damage or strong charged attacks
  • Catalysts: Deal only elemental damage. Ideal for elemental reactions.
FwzICMdWAAEx8HP

ATTACKS, SKILLS AND BURSTS
There are 4 actions the character can perform in combat
  • Basic attacks, which can either be normal attaks or charged attaks. Charged attacks consume stamina (except bows)
  • Skills, which will be the main way to deal damage. Each time a skill is used, there will be a cooldown before it can be used again. Some characters can charge their skill for better effect, but the cooldown will also be longer
  • Burst: a powerful move that changes it’s effect depending on the role of your active character
  • Sprint/dodging: both are the same move. During combat it’s needed to dodge attaks, while during exploration it can make a character go faster depending on your stamina. Some characters have a special type of sprint that can apply elements to enemies/infuse weapons with elements.

ELEMENTS AND ELEMENTAL REACTIONS
Element_Pyro.png
Element_Hydro.png
Element_Anemo.png
Element_Electro.png
Element_dendro-2.png
Element_Cryo.png
Element_Geo.png
Elements and elemental reactions are the most important aspect to genshin impact, bot in combat and exploration. Some enemies will have shield that can be damaged with a specific element or will be immune to a element, or you could find objects in the world that can be activated only with a certain element
There are 7 elements in Genshin Impact:
Pyro (Fire)
Hydro (Water)
Electro (Electric)
Cryo (Ice)
Anemo (Wind)
Dendro (Grass? Nature?)
Geo (stone)
By combining diffferent elements in combat, you can create Elemental Reactions, which have different effects depending on the elements used.
For example, by combining Hydro and Pyro on an enemy, the reaction will be Vaporize, which will double the damage inflicted on the enemy.

LEVELING UP CHARACTERS
To level-up your character, you will need EXP books, obtainable from exploration rewards (chests), quests, events or shops.
Once you reach level 40/50/60/70/80, you will need to obtain a certain ammount of materials before you can continue to level-up a character. These materials are:
  • Elemental gem of a certain level (divided in sliver, shard, chunk and Gemstone)
  • Overworld boss drop
  • Normal enemy drop (the rarity depends on the ascension stage)
  • Local specialty (flowers, fruit, minerals etc)
FwzH66_XwAE_LbT
TALENTS

Each character has 6 talents (except for a few who have 7 because they have a special type of sprint). Three of them are active talents related to your attacks (basic attack, skill and burst) while the other three are passive abilities that support your team and are unlocked with the first three ascension levels.
The active talents can be leveld up with a certain ammount of enemy drops and Talent level-up books obtainable from specific domains during certain days of the week. After a certain level, you will need a specific enemy drop from one of the weekly bosses (available to fight once-a-week)
Passive Talents cannot be leveled up.
FwzH7UoX0AApqSi

CONSTELLATIONS

Constellations are essentially enhancements to your character abilities or provide with new passive bonuses. Each character has 6 constellations and to unlock a new constellation you will need an extra copy of that character, obtainable from their banner in the gacha. Only exception to this is the Traveler (your character), who will receive Constellation level-up materials upgrades from Statues of the seven. They are not necessary to progress the game or make a character playable and are just nice bonuses.
FwzH7HKWYAUpPTN

ARTIFACTS
Artifacts function as the Accessories in other RPGs. By equipping them, you will get stats bonuses based on the artifacts Main Stat and Substat. Additionally, by equipping a certain number of artifacts of the same set, you will get bonus stats, which can range from increases to your base stats or bonuses based on what you do in combat.
There are 5 Relic types
  • Flower of Life (Flat HP)
  • Plume of Death (Flat ATK)
  • Sands of Eon (HP%, ATK%, DEF%, CRIT%, Healing Bonus%, Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery)
  • Goblet of Eonothem (HP%, ATK%, DEF%, CRIT%, Healing Bonus%, Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery)
  • Circlet of Logos (HP%, ATK%, DEF%, CRIT%, Healing Bonus%, Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery)

Each character scale with a certain stat, so make sure to check which stats are better for your characters.
FwzICZpWYAAB73I

GACHA

Probably the element of the game most are worried about, so let’s briefly explain it,
First of all, summons in GI are called Wishes and the main currency of the game is primogems. Primogems are obtainable from completing Daily Missions, quests, exploration rewards or advancing the story.

You can exchange these Primogems for Fates. You can choose between Intertwined Fates (necessary for Limited banners) or Acquainted Fates (necessary for Begginer and Permanent Banners). Each wish costs 160 primogems.
Now we need to talk about Pity rates and 50/50.

Pity means how many pulls you have done before receiving a 5-Star Item. In GI, if you do not get a 5-star Item within 89 pulls, the 90th one is guaranteed to be a 5-star Item. However, you will rarely have to do 90 pulls for a character and can get it as early as 1 pity if you are extremely lucky.
Additionally, after 74 unsuccessful pulls, you will enter Hard Pity, where the rate-up 5 star is more likely to appear.

To summarize:

Pity 1-74 = normal pity: Rate-up 5-star chances of appearing remain the same

Pity 75-89 = Hard pity: Rate-up 5-star chances of appearing are greatly increased

Pity 90= Guaranteed 5-star

Then there is the 50/50 (only applicable to limited Banners), which means that if you don’t get the Rate-up 5-Star Item the first time, you are guaranteed to get it the next time you receive a 5-Star Item from the banner.

Additionally, every 10 pulls you are guaranteed to get a 4-Star Item if your last 4-star item was 10 pulls ago.

Also, PITY TRANSFERS BETWEEN BANNERS, meaning that if you pull on a banner, but don’t get a 5-star item before the banner ends, you will start at the same pity in the next banner. For example, if in the previous banner you end up at 60 pity, in the next banner you will start at 60 pity.

To give a piece of advice, DO NOT PULL A CHARACTER BECAUSE OF META. There's no reason to do so outside of the abyss. If you like how a character plays, their personality or design, pull for them if you have the resources.

Also do not pull for a 4* character unless you're ok with getting the rate-up 5*. 4* characters will be added once the next patch drops.

FAQ & RULES
Q: Do I need to spend real money to enjoy Genshin Impact?
A: No. Genshin is an easy game as long as you have a half-decent idea of what you’re doing. There will be moments when you will have some difficulties against particularly strong enemies, but there’s nothing you can’t overcome by just using the coorect elements/being at an appropriate level.
Q: does the game have a lot of grinding?
A: Grinding comes naturally to these types of games. The biggest grind in the game will be from getting artifacts with the correct stats and materials to level-up characters and weapons, as well as experience to increase your Adventure Rank. But you should be able to go through it’s main story content with just ok builds
Q: are there any must-pull characters?
A: No. No character is a must pull. At worst there are some that are more effective for Abyss floors 9-12. But other than that, you should be fine with whoever you get. Just pull for whoever you like.

RULES

• Please remember to be civil. Do not be aggressive towards other posters.
  • Do not criticize other players for liking a character or because of how they play them.
  • Spoiler tag Main Story events.
  • You can post fanart, but make sure to credit the artist. Link the full tweet or the astists pixiv. If neither are available, give the name. If you can't find the artist, don't post anything.
  • While it is completely fair to criticize monetization practices for gachas, please make sure that's not the only thing you do. Discuss multiple things instead of just one aspect of the game. and do not come here just to say "why are you playing this when X or Y are better". Let people enjoy stuff even if you don't personally like it.
ABOUT LEAKS: Leaks help F2P player in deciding whether to save primogems or skip current banners for future Banners. You can post leaks, but they should only be related to future banners, Character Beta changes and how many Primogems are obtainable from a patch.
also make sure the leaks are spoiler-tagged.

With all of that said, enjoy!
e881167394b252741b1c71b1d180de115e7b83e1.gif

Last edited:
Oh nice, a place for me to vent about my terrible artifact rolls! Great opening post.

Hello, same person that made the Honkai star rail ST here. Hope you enjoy this thread as well. Like in the HSR ST, I tried to be as informative as possible. All images (minus official art and gifs) were all taken by me.

Now to answer a possible question that might pop up: why post a ST so late into 3.x? why not wait for 4.0?
A couple reasons.
First, posting it now gives new players the opportunity to complete the currently available story content in time for Fontaine, so when that comes, people will be able to access it immediately.
Second, 3.8 is expected to have Mondstat 5 stars, with upgrade materials available in Mondstat or at most Liyue. Releasing it now means giving new players the chance to build their primogems reserves so when 3.8 arrives, they'll have enough to hopefully guarantee one of the rate-up 5 stars and be able to level them up without going halfway across the world to gather materials.
It might not be ideal for veterans (3.7 and 3.8 are expected to be relatively dead patches) but it will be fun to see how new player react to the available content.

Last edited:
Great opening post. I've only played a bit of Genshin honestly, I was waiting for a Switch release but looks like that isn't gonna happen.

Good Thing I lauched the thread now, because we're alread getting leaks for next patch. Better start saving if you want one of them.

These are painful
I've wanted Eula since 1.x days, I don't have Mika at all, I still want Faruzan C6 and Kokomi, and I was planning on saving for the Hydro archon...

Yoimiya and Yae are up! I gave one 10 roll a shot hoping for Kirara and I got her

I told myself I'd only get back to playing Genshin when Mihoyo releases a Switch port.
But I don't think that's gonna happen. At least not on current Switch.

I had 3 accounts (I re-rolled initially, then decided to farm on all 3 while having a main one to actually progress within the main storyline).
I got midway into Inazuma's main questline and then stopped playing.

I did waste money on the game but kinda regret it (not much really, since I only bought the daily blessing buff which is cheap and doesn't involve RNG).

I finally started playing this a few months back, but with totk out I've had to drop it again for a while. Glad to see a home for discussion, hope to return here someday!

I’m sitting tight with (around) 242 wishes. I’ve always wanted to get some Eula cons but I think her return will come at a time where I struggle to justify it.

I did screen-share with my friend as he threw 300+ wishes at Yoimiya and went from C0 to C4. The excitement and fear made for a hilarious experience!

I’m in the hydro archon waiting room… and ‘Captain R’ - if you know, you know. :)

Shop resets tomorrow. Make sure you have at least 375 stardust for the monthly intertwined fates and buy the fates for this month if you haven't already done so.

Last edited:
Abyss was pretty tough this time around - not impossible, but lots of tanky, annoying enemies to deal with.

Another 600 primos in the bank. The saving continues…

Just a warning, but there have been leaks regarding the Fontaine story quest and character roles. If you do not want to be spoiled like me, I suggest staying away from any genshin leak content (SaveYourPrimos is still safe as they don't report on story leaks). Of course, none of this is confirmed, but it's best to be safe.

Last edited:
Phase 2 banners are available in some parts of the world.
Personally I'm skipping them as I spent everything on yoimiya's banner and lost the 50/50 to Qiqi. Now I'll wait for Eula in 3.8 and then saving for Focalors and another character, as well as some reruns

The fontaine leak floods have started. Character designs for multiple characters have leaked (including one very anticipated villain character). I reccomend just looking at SaveYourPrimos latest posts if you want to avoid story leaks or any leak besides character designs.

Ver. 3.8 Banners and details

77n2imptcr7b1.jpg

Livestream codes (valid for 12h as of this post, redeem here)
  • QBQ2NH6DB4Z9 Primogems ×100 + Mystic Enhancement Ore ×10
  • 2SR3PY7CA52V Primogems ×100 + Hero's Wit ×5
  • 6A836GNUA52Z Primogems ×100 + Mora ×50,000

Ver 3.8 banners
0q6axjr1er7b1.png

nwvlekr1er7b1.png

New skins
h1g5n3bger7b1.jpg

7wd2c7vcer7b1.png

other details
  • New limited Area
  • Free Layla obtainable through the main event
  • Kaeya Skin will be obtainable through main event
  • Kaeya Hangout

Last edited:
Eula has been gone for almost 600 days. Glad to see her back since she was one of my most anticipated characters since I started playing in late 3.0

Current rumors for the 4.0 banners seem to be
1st phase New character (Lyney) + either albedo or someone else (not Archon)
2nd phase Childe and Yelan

None of this is confirmed.

I'm rolling on my 50/50 to get Kokomi and then I'll wait see how the new Fontaine characters look in gameplay to decide. Chances are I'll just wait for the archon though

According to Mero on twitter, 3.8 1st half 4* are Mika, Thoma and Razor
While according to Genshin Universe, 2nd half are Rosaria, Yanfei, Faruzan

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom