• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Genshin Impact |ST| Ver. 4.6: Father of the year! (Arlecchino and Ver. 4.6 Available Now!)

Ver. 4.0 banners
F3dpl9mWkAAX__T

F3dpmJDboAAP1zn

F3dpmVJXMAAbg0C

Since we are only a few hours away from Fointaine release I want to ask:
What did you think of sumeru? What was your favourite moment from the Sumeru patch?

Since we are only a few hours away from Fointaine release I want to ask:
What did you think of sumeru? What was your favourite moment from the Sumeru patch?
Story was a big improvement over Inazuma which really dropped the ball. Neat ideas for exploration, but forcing long world quests to access a lot of areas really brought it down. My banner luck was absolute trash (I think my only 50/50 win the past year was for C2 Hu Tao), so I ended up missing Nahida both times.

Sumeru came when I was deep into my Xenoblade 3 playthrough, so I fell far behind and only finished the last few archon quests earlier this month. Even now I still have the bigger world quests for the desert areas, but those will have to wait with Fontaine so close.

So we have a Genshin thread here too? Noice. 2.4 player here!

Easily my favourite story so far. Act II was simply incredible, and I found myself completely enthralled by it.

After that we basically form Sumeru's Avengers to save an imprisoned goddess and have an epic battle against a giant mecha.

This year was a rollercoaster. Many of the characters I wanted came one after another. Still can't believe I got them all.

This friday, after work hours, I'll be going into Fontaine with this roster:

QBqcvK1.jpg

Took a photo for posterity.

So first impressions for Fontaine?
For what I did so far I think it's great. Story also seems to be really good again

Last edited:
And I'm done with the archon quest.
So far, it might be the best out of all or at least has the potential to be the best one. actually making it a court case was a great idea.
as for characters, Lyney is a bit boring (I haven't done his quest yet), Navia and Neuvilette are probably the best out of the major characters and Furina is a brat and I love it.

what about everyone else? Did you like it?

I thought it was a little awkwardly handled/paced, especially the very first part of the first act. It did eventually recover a bit, but at this point (only judging the first two acts), I definitely think Sumeru is still the top dog in terms of story. The build up in Sumeru Act 1 with the... everything of Sumeru Act 2 is completely unmatched. I love Ace Attorney and stuff inspired by it, but the way the court cases were handled were so undercooked that I mostly came away feeling like they shouldn't have bothered unless there's a juicy one coming in Act 3/4.

Character-wise, Neuvilette was definitely a standout. I expected him to be a stick in the mud, rules first type, and while he is that, I like that they gave hints, explicit and implicit, of depth(ha) to him. I still need to see more of Furina to really decide how I feel about her but my initial impression is positive. Navia is almost perfectly done... except they give us a rich, blonde woman with drill hair and they don't make her haughty? Genuinely, this is the biggest disappointment for me. I'm almost for sure still going to go out of my way to roll for her, hoping that they give her a niche to make Geo a little more useful.

I do agree that Lyney is a little boring. I haven't done his character quest either.

I think I did most of the content in Fontaine for now, Aside from some minor sidequests. It's a fantastic region and it has the potential to be the best if they play it right.
also it is gorgeous. Here'ssome pictures I've taken
F4jnF9rWYAA_URb

F4jnNj-XAAAuCyE

F4jnQ5JXcAA_D4C
F4jnXX1W8AAg7_h
F4joSAFWYAAKGtR
F4joUSyWwAIFMSi
F4joW1vXMAAjA8p
F4joeudXYAAXdhs

Honestly have no idea wether to pull zhongli or save for furina. Have plenty of shielders, but zhongli is the best one + I like his design.

Last edited:
This friday the 4.1 special program will be aired.
Expected banners are
Neuvillette/Venti 1st phase, Wriothesley/Hu Tao second Phase, with a chance that Wrioth will go in standard according to leaks
This will also be the anniversary patch, so expect at minimum 10 free pulls through login event

The 4.1 1st phase have leaked
I'll probably be pulling for Hu-tao next patch. I skipped her last rerun for Yelan (best decision I made btw). She will be C0,but at least I'll have her. Also Hopefully I'll get more Fishl cons (already have the other 2 at C6)
W170Uj5l.jpg

This game lost me when they announced they would never add an endgame.
I see, for me the combat is the worst part anyway so I’m down with just better and more sotry content, but if you enjoy combat that kinda s sucks.

Well In Fontaine they did add the hardest enemies in the game yet, including abyss 12 bosses.

This game lost me when they announced they would never add an endgame.
That sucks yeah, especially if you do events each day.
I personally don't mind it as much since I love almost everything else, but I wish there was something more to do.

Holy shit Yu peng chen has left Hoyo-mix. He was responsible for the game soundtrack being so good. Huge loss

F51aqsCasAAab3D
He was responsible for most of it early on but his involvement wavered as the game continued, as far as I know he has had no involvement with Fontaine and not as much involvement with sumeru.

Check out yuan dimeng he’s been composing for the game as long as Yu peng cheng iirc.

He was responsible for most of it early on but his involvement wavered as the game continued, as far as I know he has had no involvement with Fontaine and not as much involvement with sumeru.

Check out yuan dimeng he’s been composing for the game as long as Yu peng cheng iirc.
Didn't know he wasn't involved with fontaine. But the music is still really good so it seems we're in good hands.

I've known about Yuan Dimeng for a while but never checked them out properly.

Finally wrapped up everything I wanted to do in the first three Fontaine areas. Still missing a lot of chests, but I was only going for 100% map completion. Any other chests can wait until I have the compass.

This was probably the most I've been into the game since 2.0. Underwater exploration was a lot better than I was expecting. Dialogue is still excessive even in world quests, but it was neat to see how a lot of them connected and I like the melusine more than the aranara. Archon quests were pretty good, but I have to see how the later acts unfold. I still have a lot of story quests I haven't gotten around to, but Lyney's quest is one of my favorites so far.

Banner luck this patch was all over the place. I lost the 50/50 to Keqing (who is now C6), but got Lyney on the guarantee somewhat early around 45 wishes in. I ended up with my third Skyward Pride from the perma banner, but sacked Aqua Simulacra on the weapon banner when I threw two wishes at it on a whim (probably less than 10 pity since I almost never roll weapon banner). I also managed to get two constellations for Lynette while still being somewhat safe to wish a little if there's a 4* I want before Furina's banner.

well then....
F52A36WWcAA9Dgr
Oddly enough, I also got my highest crit value feather yesterday. I might post it later, but the subs were crit rate/ER/EM/crit dmg, and it rolled crit rate each time. I've had horrible luck getting a decent atk sands for Lyney from the new domain, but somehow got a ~48 crit value feather lol

Forgot to post this, but Some QoL updates have been announced
bdeju4v08snb1.jpg

na3y9zh18snb1.jpg

ihifup628snb1.jpg

A summary:
  • Changes to Daily commisions are coming. Toghether with the regular commisions, you will alsobeable to complete some missions and gather points that can be exchangedfor the daily rewards (imagine the missions from Honkai Star Rail). These missions will beunlocked once you reach AR 35 or clear Archon Quest Chapter II, Act III. You can Also Mix Daily commisions and the new missions to reach your Daily quota.
  • A symbol will be added next to the Adventure Rank in the Pause menu indicating that you can now do the Adventure Rank ascension challenge to increase the AR limit
  • Bit unclear about this, but strong opponents have been removed from the AR Ascension challenge(I think it either refers to bosses or enemies like Ruin Guards). Once you meet the requirements needed (Character/Weapon/Artifact level) you will be able to complete the challenge
  • The AR needed to Unlock Embattle has been reduced from lv. 20 to lv. 16. Additionally some items will be added as rewards
As for future updates:
  • Expeditions, cooking and forging will be simplyfied (Probably a one button press option so you don't have to manually choose every time)
  • Enemy tracking through the Adventurer's Guidebook will be adjusted.
  • Artifact leveling will be made easier with increased number of artifacts that can be added to the enhancement screen and and an option to level Artifacts directly to Level 4/8/12/16

Ver 4.1 "The Stars Shining in the Depths"details
TRAILER

LIVESTREAM CODES
2T86EWGBJP6V
FB8PFFHT364M
JS96FEZS3P59

BANNERS
aoqxjkybqeob1.png
s1fznyuaqeob1.png

ANNIVERSARY REWARDS

20 wishes total (10 through a login event, 10 via mail)
kp5i2ibhveob1.png

LIMITED EVENTS

New permanent Content

• Archon Quest Chapter IV: Act III and Act IV
  • Neuvillette Story Quest
  • Wriothesley Story Quest
  • two new overworld bosses (Nevillette and Wriothesley ascension materials)
  • New area.

Last edited:
So what are everyone's plans for 4.1? Will you pull someone or skip?
I have 90 wishes with a guaranteed. I lost 50/50 at 40 wishes, and it usually take me the same amount to get a 5 star. Will try to get Hu Tao, but if I don't get her in 40 pulls I will hold for Furina

Last edited:
I think I'm gonna grab Wriotheslay and his weapon, and then wait for Furina and her weapon. I can't resist a boxing man

My current plan (as a very new player, AR 34) is Zhongli. We'll see if I can get him in these remaining days. 40 into pity with 21 pulls ready to go.

First in-game images of Arlecchino

My current plan (as a very new player, AR 34) is Zhongli. We'll see if I can get him in these remaining days. 40 into pity with 21 pulls ready to go.
Do you have him guaranteed or still need to do 50/50?

I normally roll for Hu Tao every time (eventually want C6), but I've had bad luck with 50/50s for over a year now, so I have to save to make sure I get the next few characters I want. Currently planning to go for Furina and Navia of the upcoming Fontaine characters, and I still want Nahida on her next rerun.

Back
Top Bottom